• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robutt Girls Z 1-3
iufe8XHD3ZCln.jpg
iQ3kASnJzVHY4.jpg
Truly the greatest mecha anime of our or any generation. I hope there's SYMMETRICAL DOCKINGU eventually.

survivor

Banned
Yeah, the bigger thing they probably would have been looking for was an effect on manga sales. I'm unsure if there was anything to speak of in that department.

In 2012, the volumes would debut at 20k then maybe top 40k and disappear from the charts. In 2013, the volumes are debuting at 40k and ending at close to 90k-100k before leaving the charts.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 23

It's almost a bit refreshing when the girls don't win their auditions. Makes them seem like they're not the only ones at the school, which they aren't. Still, this seemed pretty perfect for Ran, but sometimes there's somebody better. So she has to learn how to become a muse and inspire designers. However you do that.

Hunter x Hunter - 111

They managed to stick to the manga style ??

They managed .....

THEY MANAGED

OH MY GOD

Madhouse managed
They freaking did it !!

They did it !

The joy on my face ATM , it's incredible ..i can't believe it ... i really can't ...

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20111.jpg

All of my YES!

Badass netero time !

I don't have the words , the narrator talking , the multiple point of view , the perfect pacing , the flashbacks to explain , the cheer AMOUNT OF BADASSERY , and not even 2 seconds have passed !

This is IT .. The climax , It's there ...

Madhouse did it !

MAD HOUSE DID IT !

MADHOUSE DID IT !

1379861256650.gif

The hype , i can now be hyped for the rest of the fights .They will not fuck this up it's gonna be so glorious .. can someone hold me ? i have a huge amount of hype that is rising at a fast rate ...

ANIME IS SAVED

Nafe

Please, Nafe sometimes responds to posts from months in the past. I HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A GOOD MARCH!!

Please, I don't respond to posts from months in the past. Due to being busy and the prior fast pace of the thread, along with the fact the world doesn't revolve around NeoGaf and I have other things to do or want to do, I have responded to posts that are about a week old, true, but months prior is a bit much of an exaggeration. I also only make about one or two longer multi-quote messages when catching up and not sixty something posts in about half a day.

cnet128

Banned
In 2012, the volumes would debut at 20k then maybe top 40k and disappear from the charts. In 2013, the volumes are debuting at 40k and ending at close to 90k-100k before leaving the charts.

Shit makes no sense. The release of the anime should have caused the manga sales to drop to zero as everyone realised that experiencing this series without rotoscoped goodness is pointless.

Hunter x Hunter - 111

They managed .....

THEY MANAGED

OH MY GOD

Madhouse managed
They freaking did it !!

They did it !

The joy on my face ATM , it's incredible ..i can't believe it ... i really can't ...

Badass netero time !

I don't have the words , the narrator talking , the multiple point of view , the perfect pacing , the flashbacks to explain , the cheer AMOUNT OF BADASSERY , and not even 2 seconds have passed !

Madhouse did it !

MAD HOUSE DID IT !

MADHOUSE DID IT !

1379861256650.gif

The hype , i can now be hyped for the rest of the fights .They will not fuck this up it's gonna be so glorious .. can someone hold me ? i have a huge amount of hype that is rising at a fast rate ...

ANIME IS SAVED

Amen, brother. Amen.

zeroshiki

IIRC the first 2 volumes of Aku no Hana sold less than a Fractale COMBINED.

Here we go:
Code:
○Aku no Hana 【6 Vols】
Vol Sold Date
01  *,404 13.08.21
02  *,265 13.08.21
03  *,274 13.09.25
04  *,*** 13.10.23
05  *,*** 13.11.27
06  *,*** 13.12.25

Hunter x Hunter - 111

They managed .....

THEY MANAGED

OH MY GOD

Madhouse managed
They freaking did it !!

They did it !

Badass netero time !

Madhouse did it !

MAD HOUSE DID IT !

MADHOUSE DID IT !

1379861256650.gif

ANIME IS SAVED

Yep, I never imagined we would get to this point after such weird censorship in the beginning. What an adaptation this has been.

wonzo

Banned

Here we go:
Code:
○Aku no Hana 【6 Vols】
Vol Sold Date
01  *,404 13.08.21
02  *,265 13.08.21
03  *,274 13.09.25
04  *,*** 13.10.23
05  *,*** 13.11.27
06  *,*** 13.12.25
a nation of shiteaters

cajunator

Banned
Miss Monochrome fin

this is completely adorable and there should be 100 episodes of it. And figurines of Monochrome.
Im happy this exists.

Here we go:
Code:
○Aku no Hana 【6 Vols】
Vol Sold Date
01  *,404 13.08.21
02  *,265 13.08.21
03  *,274 13.09.25
04  *,*** 13.10.23
05  *,*** 13.11.27
06  *,*** 13.12.25

Manga version is better. ;)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tall girls are the loveliest, like Sakaki. WCW is sort of medicore but Kagari UNF UNF, plus that ED is stuck in my head forever.

Nakama!

Still pissed about male MC but Kagari soothes my soul. She could protect me anytime~

Here we go:
Code:
○Aku no Hana 【6 Vols】
Vol Sold Date
01  *,404 13.08.21
02  *,265 13.08.21
03  *,274 13.09.25
04  *,*** 13.10.23
05  *,*** 13.11.27
06  *,*** 13.12.25

This show did not deserve this, at all.

D-Frag 1

This was so average it hurts. Like there are plenty of better high school comedies/harems out there. I'm willing to give it a 3-4 episode rule to see if it gets better. The female cast kind of sucks, but the bros are awesome. In fact that's the only part I laughed at, during their antics.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I can't believe I waited this long to start watching Gintama, this show is great.

I can't imagine what buying Anime use to be. It also seems to me the old model use to include tons of extra (physical items) compared to now

That or going all out with vol.1 + box releases and extras so you'll feel compelled to fill up the rest of that box, lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nobunaga the fool 01
i could feel my own self worth slipping away from me as i watched this. it's dynasty warriors jerk off material featuring random mech suits with hints of western romanticism. there are signs of glass fleet but nobunaga is dull and lacks any of the dramatics.

Wooser no Sono Higurashi Kakusei-hen 01

scN4mvbl.jpg

Another season of weekly 4 minutes of Mamoru Miyano (he signs the ED too!) being amazing and fabulous?

Sign me the hell up!

Yeah, it does have Fukuyama Jun in full Dark Flame Master mode as a cocky megane man going for it. Hell, probably more Dark Flame Master voice than we're going to get in the actual Dark Flame Master show this season.

The show will focus more on making the most moe situations it can.

KyoAni. Quality stuff I swear.

Space Dandy - 01

Took me long enough to get around to watching this. Feels like everyone else has already seen this xD

Anyway, it was cute. Had some funny bits, the initial Boobs vs Behind sequence was funny as oppose to the proper Introductory sequence. I loved Dandy's little robot friend. It always has happy face :D and the eyes changing are awesome. Not sure what I think of the cat not creature yet but it's voice is cute. Reminds me of Gan-chan from Mini-Goddesses

Animation was good enough, special effects nice. Opening I liked better than I thought, although I've seen way better. Ending cute too with all the dimensional stuff.

Will keep watching going forward.

cajunator

Banned
I can't imagine what buying Anime use to be. It also seems to me the old model use to include tons of extra (physical items) compared to now

It used to be even more expensive. 30 bucks a disc for 3-4 episodes. Some ambitious companies stretched 24 episodes into 8 disc volumes such as for Kiddy Grade and Stellvia. Most kept to 6 or 7 volumes though. I loved all the trinkets. I miss that.

Tenumi

Banned
D-Frag 1

This was so average it hurts. Like there are plenty of better high school comedies/harems out there. I'm willing to give it a 3-4 episode rule to see if it gets better. The female cast kind of sucks, but the bros are awesome. In fact that's the only part I laughed at, during their antics.

You summed up that episode better than I could ever have. Exact same feelings. Which is sad because how many shows have a Game Dev club? Not many, I would assume.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I don't watch Chuuni for the DFM, he's just a bonus. I watch it for Rikka and Dekomori being adorable <3

Nothing wrong with that.

*Bonk* Auu...

Gazoinks

I can't believe I waited this long to start watching Gintama, this show is great.

Yeah, I just started watching it too. Haven't been posting about it, because I feel like doing episode reviews for such a long show is kind of overkill. I'll do reflections every 10ish episodes and individually review stand-outs or something.

It used to be even more expensive. 30 bucks a disc for 3-4 episodes. Some ambitious companies stretched 24 episodes into 8 disc volumes such as for Kiddy Grade and Stellvia. Most kept to 6 or 7 volumes though. I loved all the trinkets. I miss that.

or how about 30 bucks for 2 episode VHS tapes of Ranma 1/2! and that was just the dub! :eek:

CorvoSol

Please, I don't respond to posts from months in the past. Due to being busy and the prior fast pace of the thread, along with the fact the world doesn't revolve around NeoGaf and I have other things to do or want to do, I have responded to posts that are about a week old, true, but months prior is a bit much of an exaggeration. I also only make about one or two longer multi-quote messages when catching up and not sixty something posts in about half a day.

But it isn't March yet.

I've been obsessed with this man's music ever since i first heard Viva Namida.

In this topic, those that have seen both subbed and dubbed Space Dandy, what's your preference? I love english Space Dandy, but don't care much for the other voices. How's the sub?

cajunator

Banned
Yuushibu 12-end

captain ecchi picard and the gang board dragonship hentaiprise to stop the forces of evil through the power of capitalism. How else could it end? Fino is so adorable it hurts. Season two when? Ill buy it all.

It is the best shounen show ever made!
(Which is why it's also probably the lowest selling one and depends on the power of horny fangirls to survive).

Gintama is actually one of the best selling shounen anime adaptations - the best selling, I believe, for a show that has gone on as long as it has. (The original Fullmetal Alchemist is the best selling overall, but it only lasted a year.)

cajunator

Banned
I used to trade fansubbed tapes back before the internet. I also own all 13 VHS ADV releases for Eva.

/getoffmylawn

My first glimpse of love hina was through mystical fansubbed vhs tapes in college. Back then was a really interesting time. I still have some vhs tapes of stuff like eva and iczelion but hadnt yet caught the collecting bug.

zeroshiki

How old ARE you. What a fogey.

Not as old as firehawk! I just got into the anime scene really early.

My first glimpse of love hina was through mystical fansubbed vhs tapes in college. Back then was a really interesting time. I still have some vhs tapes of stuff like eva and iczelion but hadnt yet caught the collecting bug.

All my VHS tapes are still in a closet back home. I really need to dispose of them one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom