• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Do you have the guts to raise your sword at a girl who is in your path, reluctantly fighting you because protecting the grave of another dear friend is still more important to her than letting you proceed on your quest?

Can you leave aside your old alliance and view her as an enemy?

Can you look at a limping, gravely injured wolfgirl, who barely has the strength to keep up with you despite her much larger size?

When she falls on her side while swinging her large sword with her last remaining strength, and gathers all her willpower together to do anything other than lie there on the grass and bleed, can you take advantage, and end her life?

CAJUN! What is more important, killing a deranged god, or preserving moe!?

Well if everything in the game is cute then you sort of have to do it.
Otherwise I couldnt play touhou shmups right?

It's kind of stunning how the majority seems to prefer Manaka over Miuna and I can't get over Manaka's bitchiness.

Or I have a thing black hair.

CorvoSol

You've never seen Hades Project Zeorymer? It has pretty good hand-drawn mechanical designs, is just 5 episodes long, and its story is only kind of terrible. Plus, if you've played SRW J you're already familiar with the characters.

All I know about Zeorymer is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THESE BOSS FIGHTS."

GUNDAM BEST FIGHTERS 17

FUCK YES

FUCK YES

OH LAWD

OH LAWD

ANIME OF THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR

GOD YES.

Theonik

You've never seen Hades Project Zeorymer? It has pretty good hand-drawn mechanical designs, is just 5 episodes long, and its story is only kind of terrible. Plus, if you've played SRW J you're already familiar with the characters.
4 isn't it?

D-Frag! 5

Ok this show has quickly overtaken Tonari Seki-kun as the best high school comedy of the season for me. Let there be no doubt whatsoever that Takao continues to be best girl. A semi tsundere who is also forward and cries, ftw.

Second place comes the newly introduced girl. So that tells you my opinion of the other girls in the club. Also the animation of the game was hilarious please have more of those, reminded me of George from Seitokai Yakuindomo. The bearded american teacher wins points for coolest teacher in the world, and Hazama is slowly building his harem.

So yeah very good episode. Also with every passing episode that one friend of Hazama looks more and more like

jr969Ma.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hello Anime-GAF, I'm back

pIb1JDD.gif

You thought the gif I posted yesterday was hypnotizing? You haven't seen anything yet.

Seriously, stare at this gif below and you will be taken in by it.

duP9apb.gif

survivor

Banned
Is the D-Frag anime adaptation decent? I remember being mildly amused by the manga years ago when I read few chapters of it.

You thought the gif I posted yesterday was hypnotizing? You haven't seen anything yet.

http://i.imgur.com/duP9apb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

within one cycle, there was ass cheek in that second one [SPOILER]and I'm refraining from the HapCha one...[/SPOILER]

Is the D-Frag anime adaptation decent? I remember being mildly amused by the manga years ago when I read few chapters of it.

Haven't read the manga but I've definitely been watching. First episode or two were pretty ech because they focused on the girls of the club, but once they started to bring in more characters it got better. These past 3 episodes have been pretty hilarious.

DAAAAAAARLING

Suzu-tan is the best, still didn't watch episode 16 though, did they give up on the stupid idea of trying to make it a battle anime again? It was so much better as Persona Social Links

Pretty sure it's still going on as a battle anime. In fact I don't expect it to stop for a while considering that is supposed to be its bread and butter. Seeing how it's not set in high school but a magical high school about fighting.

Gbraga

Pretty sure it's still going on as a battle anime. In fact I don't expect it to stop for a while considering that is supposed to be its bread and butter. Seeing how it's not set in high school but a magical high school about fighting.

I mean, I get it that it's supposed to be an action anime, but it sucks when it is, the magical high school slice of life episodes are the best by a mile. When it goes back to being a battle anime it's just full of stupid twists that nobody cares about and random anime powerups, the moment Touji got his I thought "ok, this anime's ruined now", but thank god they managed to ignore it for a good while. In fact they actually used it in an interesting way with the hospital scenes.

When Tokyo Ravens is being a battle manga, it's kinda like it wants you to assume it has a far richer backstory than it actually does, it wants to make a big deal out of someone being a half orc when you didn't even know there were half orcs before that episode, you know? This kind of stupid thing.

It's simply much better when it's about Harutora being Bakatora and Natsume being cute, with Suzuka spicing things up.

I just want to clarify, in case there's any confusion, that when I post the heavy breathing cat I'm not the one doing the heavy breathing.
it's the person I quote :p

On an unrelated note does Crunchyroll have specific months they announce new backlog anime (aka not currently airing)? Or is it sporadic?

CorvoSol

FMP 23

WHOOOOOAAAAAA WHAT

More
psycho-looking Tessa
plz.

And now you've seen the
real Tessa, and not the innocent, incompetent face she puts forward to lull people into a false sense of security so she can completely fuck them up.

And now you've seen the real
Tessa, and not the innocent, incompetent face she puts forward to lull people into a false sense of security so she can completely fuck them up

You might want to spoiler that Corvo, I was kind of in the middle of watching FMP too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 8:

Right, this was, well, to be frank, a dull episode, a few new tidbit learned but ultimately way too much repetition on themes already expounded upon to be actually interesting. Get back to the Gundam Matches already.

cajun is...Hisoka...?

Well, now I'm terrified.

SCHWHNNNNG.

Sorry. For what it's worth it isn't actually a major spoiler and more a case of character development, but still, sorry.

Eh, I've been spoiled on worse things, so it's no problem.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 8:

Right, this was, well, to be frank, a dull episode, a few new tidbit learned but ultimately way too much repetition on themes already expounded upon to be actually interesting. Get back to the Gundam Matches already.

The "Gundam Matches" hit maximum power in the next episode, and stay at that level all the way through until episode 12. You're about to reach critical mass.

cajunator

Banned

pIb1JDD.gif

duP9apb.gif

KON!!!!!!!!!!!
who is that bottom pic?

DAAAAAAARLING

Suzu-tan is the best, still didn't watch episode 16 though, did they give up on the stupid idea of trying to make it a battle anime again? It was so much better as Persona Social Links

This gif stuff is wreaking havok on my phone lol. But ill manage!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looking at the 2012 AOTY vote again, that really was the best top-10 list we've ever produced. I doubt we'll ever have another one that good again.
If you want a good AotY list just put me in charge of picking the shows . Clearly the moment you let other people vote it all goes to pot.

CorvoSol

SCHWHNNNNG.

I've really tried to avoid all the MAJOR series spoilers, though. Since I know people are still watching it in here, I've avoided posting my general thoughts on the series finale, too. Cuz I really don't wanna spoil anyone on this show.

survivor

Banned
Oniisama e 6
8Yy02cg.png

the suffering and bullying has to end Nanako ;_;
oh my god, the beginning of the episode where Nanako just tripped and all the slapping, this is seriously way too funny for what it's about.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SCHWHNNNNG.

The "Gundam Matches" hit maximum power in the next episode, and stay at that level all the way through until episode 12. You're about to reach critical mass.

This is good, I will say one thing about season one that it has over this season, it made better use of it downtime, though that is due in a large part of Clouf Knight being very boring anti-villains.

Midonin

Sky Girls 01-02

There are girls in skintight suits that have butts showing, I knew this is what I was in for. There are some Strike Witches vibes (Fumikane did work on both of these series, after all), but the type of flight armor and the world setting are different enough, even if the broad premises are similar. The prologue established a lot of death and destruction in the show's history, and the train does pass by a ruined city on the way to the base. The tone's still lighthearted, but the scars aren't ignored, either.

Of the three main girls, I like Karen the best so far. A shy genius type is appealing, and I've always felt Saori Goto to be a solid voice actress. She does some good work on the ED theme, too. Otoha's not exactly dumb, just inexperienced, and the scene where she and Karen met each other on the train was cute. The way Zero reacted to Otoha giving her flashbacks to her brother feels like it'll be important later. Eika's just aloof - feels like she and Otoha will be the best of friends down the road.

The opening is alright, though MELL's English-y lyrics are translated wrong in several places, a problem of this era. Off to a good start. Not a single Worm or even flight yet, just a lot of world and character building.

I can't get over how lewd the name "Motion Slit" sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom