• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

FMP Fumoffu 1

...eh, okay first episode. I'm guessing this isn't technically "canon" after the first season's finale seeing Sousuke being completely incompetent at normal human interaction just doesn't feel right. I felt like it was trying too hard to be ridiculous and ended up being a lot less funny than the school episodes of the first season.

I mean seriously? Sousuke
still can't comprehend love? I thought that issue was dealt with or at least addressed so that he wouldn't be this stupid.

edit: After looking it up more I see I'm pretty much missing the whole point of this show haha. Ah well, still not really feeling it.

It gets awesome and serves as development for the romance.

Dresden

Man, that stage play thing for Yowamushi Pedal...

4h2M7fP.jpg

Almost finished with Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

How were the sales?

they were good

Saki the nationals - 05

This was a great episode with some good flashback and team dynamics , but .... they handled the 2nd round so fast ...

i mean yes it was a total domination by kyosumi but still

Anyway ..our miko went to sleep, and that did a lot of damage all around.

That other school had some pretty broken powers and i'm very happy to see them countered in the 2nd match.

I like.

Crucial difference between a strong opponent with some activation conditions and a all around players that can shape the match how she wishes ( deus ex haxxor power ) ...glad that it got countered.

I remember cnet or someone saying they were going to watch Clannad After Story this last weekend. Whoever it was did you get around to it? And if so do you need a hug?

Clannad After Story Episodes 1-6

I am rewatching these episodes and I forgot how
tragic some of these side stories are. Good God. I just want to hug my family every arc I get through...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At least
they gave us a NINA VIENTO flashback, so it was nice to see a few things from her side for a bit.

And yeah, relating to the gif Gbraga posted, it feels like they used the first half of the episode to completely justify having the quick swimsuits scene in the OP. The immediate followup scene to that gif was amusing too.
Yeah, but they probably could have done what they did without having a SHOCKING CLIFFHANGER for the sake of the audience. But, I will say, they got me excited to watch this episode. It's just too bad it was a relative letdown.

KYUN KYUN KYUN KYUN

MY NOT BOYFRIEND IS A PILOTO
If only!

So who is the father?
The short one!

Gazoinks

I remember cnet or someone saying they were going to watch Clannad After Story this last weekend. Whoever it was did you get around to it? And if so do you need a hug?

Clannad After Story Episodes 1-6

I am rewatching these episodes and I forgot how
tragic some of these side stories are. Good God. I just want to hug my family every arc I get through...

It's me! I'm watching the second episode tonight. :p

Man, that stage play thing for Yowamushi Pedal...

they were good

I must watch this

I watched one and a half episodes of Fumoffu and I stopped. It was too.... anime-y for me I guess? Comedies don't really do much for me. Also I wanted to punch Sousuke in the face for still being so stupid.

Gazoinks

Slow burn huh?

Thank God for Akio and Sunohara. Otherwise I don't think my heart would be able to take it. That and Tomoya's pranks.

Yeah. I'm not the type to marathon a show unless I get REALLY involved with it (I think the only things I've marathoned are Steins;Gate and Gurren Lagann), I prefer having multiple shows going and watching an episode or two of each as I go.

And yes. Akio is the best. A side series about Akio and Sanae would be the best thing.

Dog & Scissors 07

The premise of this episode was to look for a missing bra. Which I thought was pretty funny, all things said. I get that Natsuno is more in love with WHO Kazu is rather than what he is, but that still doesn't help the fact that she's considering getting intimate with a dog.

Next episode: Hot springs. Joy.

Yeah. I'm not the type to marathon a show unless I get REALLY involved with it (I think the only things I've marathoned are Steins;Gate and Gurren Lagann), I prefer having multiple shows going and watching an episode or two of each as I go.

I think as you go you'll start to marathon it as a string of events takes place that compels you to keep going. I'll actually be surprised if you don't watch episodes... er.... 14-22 in one session. In my opinion that's the only way to watch those episodes. ;P

And yes. Akio is the best. A side series about Akio and Sanae would be the best thing.

A side series. That would be entertaining. They already got their short side story told towards the end of Clannad concerning
Nagisa when she was little.
Except for one instance they never really visit it again.

Gazoinks

A side series. That would be entertaining. They already got their short side story told towards the end of Clannad concerning
Nagisa when she was little.
Except for one instance they never really visit it again.

Yeah, that was one of the better arcs of the first series, imo. It kind of surprised me, because I didn't really like Nagisa as a character before then, but that arc was done well. And yeah, at some point when the hardcore feels come in, I'll probably watch a chain of episodes. :p

CorvoSol

Geass didn't use the OP for all of its units except for Suzaku so there is precedent to just using battle music instead of the OP.

One can only hope. Although I dare say that Geass' rearrangement of R2's OP was better than the actual OP to that show.

I watched one and a half episodes of Fumoffu and I stopped. It was too.... anime-y for me I guess? Comedies don't really do much for me. Also I wanted to punch Sousuke in the face for still being so stupid.

You must be the first person on AnimeGAF not to like Fumoffu, haha. That said, whether you watch all of it or not, PLEASE watch The Second Raid.

Noragami 05

m88bdRul.jpg

While the first part was pretty entertaining, the second half was really well done. The atmosphere that it formed definitely gave me the chills and made it much more enjoyable to watch even if the subject matter was pretty simple.

Andrew J.

I'd be okay with this. The fights so far have been pretty rad. Feel kinda like they're an Utena sort of thing except I don't have to strain my brain to wonder what the fuck Ammonites have to do with Miki.

If I ever liveblog a dub rewatch I'm gonna title my posts "Shounen Kakumei Takuto".

Jarmel

Banned
Feel kinda like they're an Utena sort of thing except I don't have to strain my brain to wonder what the fuck Ammonites have to do with Miki.

That and the fights are also good.

All I care about is whether or not Takuto will ever have a duel as good as
Utena vs Wakaba
, which remains the best fight in the whole Utena show.

:D

Oh yes.

I also knew what fight that spoiler was going to be and I fully agree.

zeroshiki

One can only hope. Although I dare say that Geass' rearrangement of R2's OP was better than the actual OP to that show.

This should probably be in the SRW thread but off the top of my head, Eva units in Alpha and F also used Angel Attacks rather than Cruel Angel's Thesis as battle music.

Then again, SRW has had some really terrible battle music so you never know.

You must be the first person on AnimeGAF not to like Fumoffu, haha. That said, whether you watch all of it or not, PLEASE watch The Second Raid.

I think pitchforks are in order.

CorvoSol

That and the fights are also good.

:D

Oh yes.

I also knew what fight that spoiler was going to be and I fully agree.

It's the best fight in the entire show. I think I would put
Vs Red Sephiroth
the last bout as being the next best.

Gundam build fighters - 17

Awesome , just awesome.

Mao , you did well , it's not like you're not a good character , it just wasn't your time. i hope you'll still have some time off to do some cool things
Flashack was great , ( so many figures ) , such a difficult question .. i did enjoy their fig collection ... i might get some figs too :p

Battle was kick-ass, story was good ... plenty of good info for later ..i like it..

My prediction , considering we know the final tournament brackets .
Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20-%2017.jpg

A time travelling gundam ? why not sunrise ...
Meijin will win until the finals, that preview might be the sign of a good episode , but i'm not buying it. fellini will win his first match and will lose to aila. Nils will win his first match and will lose to sei/reiji. We'll have aila /reiji semi -final match ( with some event leading to reiji discovering aila identity ) and then we'll have the finale between meijin & reiji. as for who will win , it'll depend on if they plan to make a second season.

i seriously don't think that we'll have something different.

Yeah, that was one of the better arcs of the first series, imo. It kind of surprised me, because I didn't really like Nagisa as a character before then, but that arc was done well. And yeah, at some point when the hardcore feels come in, I'll probably watch a chain of episodes. :p

"Hardcore feels"? Oh man to be someone watching After Story for the first time. I can't wait to see how you react to everything. Keep me posted on your progress in the show.

CorvoSol

This should probably be in the SRW thread but off the top of my head, Eva units in Alpha and F also used Angel Attacks rather than Cruel Angel's Thesis as battle music.

Then again, SRW has had some really terrible battle music so you never know.

I think pitchforks are in order.

Man, but I LIKE Cruel Angel's Thesis. Zeta Gundam also doesn't use its OP when it should.

And I'm not busting out the pitchforks unless he doesn't like The Second Raid.

Michiko & Hatchin 2
Fun so far. Father Pedro proves to be the worst shot ever. The back story between Michiko and Asuko also is interesting

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco 9

I feel like I'm being trolled here.

Why the fuck is Goto stripping for a girl who isn't his Girlfriend in Canada?

santeesioux

Hanamaru Kindergarten

This was more disturbing than School Days for me.
A high school girl gets knocked up by her teacher, so they get married, and then some years later their very young daughter spends the whole series trying to get with her mother's former school friend, her current kindergarten teacher. This is specifically more disturbing than stuff like School Days because no one seems to care, particularly with the mother and teacher.

OceanBlue

When I saw a 'similar' art style used for that Iron Man show I hated it.
It was a little weird in the first episode, and there are a couple awful shots every once in a while later on but it works.
Guess it helps blend the characters etc in with the CG boats and such which can be jarring at times in other series.
The style kinda works for the ship girls imo
Some shots you can hardly tell the characters are that style, just took me a little while to get used to it.

Okay, in that case I'll try and give it another try. I'm glad to hear that it was weird in the first episode because that's how I felt.

Nobunaga ZA Fool 05

7v3La7cl.jpg

Hideyoshi looks quite ugly at times in this show.

Not surprised that Papa Oda died in this episode. Saw it coming the moment the Tower card was pulled.

Pretty interested in how Mitsuhide is taking this. Especially since this will probably lead the everyone's favorite encounter in Honnoji Temple.

Hanamaru Kindergarten

A high school girl gets knocked up by her teacher, so they get married, and then some years later their very young daughter spends the whole series trying to get with her mother's former school friend, her current kindergarten teacher. This is specifically more disturbing than stuff like School Days because no one seems to care, particularly with the mother and teacher.

So I should read the manga
to see the inevitable conclusion where Tsuchida and Anzu probably end up together
?

Hanamaru Kindergarten

Well at least it was consensual fucking?

Michiko & Hatchin 3
The Fortune Was a sort of funny in the way it reversed. I assume the city Is based on Brazil. I particularly like Hatchin's personality

Samurai Flamenco 9

I feel like I'm being trolled here.

Why the fuck is Goto stripping for a girl who isn't his Girlfriend in Canada?

Because
that's totally an online relationship that isn't going anywhere and Goto has got-to get himself some of that easy lovin'. I mean she wants him and she's right next to him.
Nobody has to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom