• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMP Second Raid 1-2

That's better. The season transition felt a bit weird back-to-back but otherwise some good stuff. I'm ready for some more
Gaurony goodness
since I'm 99% sure that's what the creepy sisters are talking about. The new bad guy is pretty wacky but he doesn't quite stick out yet.

I think this show suffers a bit from its "Status Quo" kinda tendencies that cause me great annoyance when watching other things. In that I feel like whenever there isn't a major plotline or dramatic moment going on the characters tend to revert back to their original selves despite any major events that occurred in previous episodes. I bring this up because the school-stalker sub-plot from the second episode kind of reflects this, even though the characters even point out that Sousuke hasn't acted like this in a long time. That's why Fumoffu mostly just annoyed me, because there is no way he is still that goddamn stupid after going through the shit in S1.

It also bugs me that I feel his "military guy in a high school setting" has been exaggerated to an obnoxious degree. In S1 it was pretty much him just being socially awkward plus the joke where he spends the festival budget on an expensive security gate. Then in Fumoffu and S2 he's fucking detonating lockers and blowing through walls and it just gets beyond stupid. Like this dude is supposed to be getting better yet his actions are just getting worse.

I'm still really liking this show though, the humor is just falling a bit flat for these reasons. I'm just waiting for
more crazy Tessa.

cajunator

Banned
I watched one and a half episodes of Fumoffu and I stopped. It was too.... anime-y for me I guess? Comedies don't really do much for me. Also I wanted to punch Sousuke in the face for still being so stupid.

hmm. Thats an interesting take on it. Im guessing youre expecting far more serious stuff. Patlabor maybe?

Dog & Scissors 07

The premise of this episode was to look for a missing bra. Which I thought was pretty funny, all things said. I get that Natsuno is more in love with WHO Kazu is rather than what he is, but that still doesn't help the fact that she's considering getting intimate with a dog.

Next episode: Hot springs. Joy.

Just one of many many unsettling things in that show.

What kind of deal we talking here?
image.php

CorvoSol

Because
that's totally an online relationship that isn't going anywhere and Goto has got-to get himself some of that easy lovin'. I mean she wants him and she's right next to him.
Nobody has to find out

Are we all going to focus on Goto's fling with a pop star and ignore the ridiculous entertainment speech?

FMP Second Raid 1-2

That's better. The season transition felt a bit weird back-to-back but otherwise some good stuff. I'm ready for some more
Gaurony goodness
since I'm 99% sure that's what the creepy sisters are talking about. The new bad guy is pretty wacky but he doesn't quite stick out yet.

I think this show suffers a bit from its "Status Quo" kinda tendencies that cause me great annoyance when watching other things. In that I feel like whenever there isn't a major plotline or dramatic moment going on the characters tend to revert back to their original selves despite any major events that occurred in previous episodes. I bring this up because the school-stalker sub-plot from the second episode kind of reflects this, even though the characters even point out that Sousuke hasn't acted like this in a long time. That's why Fumoffu mostly just annoyed me, because there is no way he is still that goddamn stupid after going through the shit in S1.

It also bugs me that I feel his "military guy in a high school setting" has been exaggerated to an obnoxious degree. In S1 it was pretty much him just being socially awkward plus the joke where he spends the festival budget on an expensive security gate. Then in Fumoffu and S2 he's fucking detonating lockers and blowing through walls and it just gets beyond stupid. Like this dude is supposed to be getting better yet his actions are just getting worse.

I'm still really liking this show though, the humor is just falling a bit flat for these reasons. I'm just waiting for
more crazy Tessa.

Please note that S2 is decidedly less interested in the comedic aspects than either of the previous parts of the show was, but that Sousuke and Kaname's goofiness is part of their relationship.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I like AnimeGAF for the episode discussions and community. But the perverted gifs make it really hard some time.

like my penis

The last few pages are tame compared to the garbage posted in the last thread. At least before Dresden dropped the final warning.

Gazoinks

Are we all going to focus on Goto's fling with a pop star and ignore the ridiculous entertainment speech?

I don't know. I don't remember this episode. This series goes in different directions so often it's hard to remember what happened in the past. :p

I recall watching this one when it was airing. I was expecting near the end, they would do a time skip where Astarotte would be a full-bodied succubus. How naive I was back then
Succubi only grow up when given their precious man-relish, I learned that from a doujin earlier this evening.

CorvoSol

I don't know. I don't remember this episode. This series goes in different directions so often it's hard to remember what happened in the past. :p

But Gotoh never does show us his girlfriend.

Well it's not like it amounts to anything

I dunno, I mean
Bitch Queen Mari got kidnapped.

CRUSH I also remembered that your complaint with Fumoffu may well be resolved by pointing out that as Gatoh wrote the series, the events of Fumoffu actually happen DURING the events of FMP, but that the anime chooses to set them afterward. So technically speaking, when Gatoh wrote it, it worked because Sousuke didn't have a clue yet. I also think The Second Raid really calls him out for how dumb he acts during the prior seasons, although he himself offers a defense of his demeanor much much later in the series.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The last few pages are tame compared to the garbage posted in the last thread.
There has kind of just been a spree of unreadable posts that seem like they come from a place of stunted maturity. The new thread has been especially bad.

zeroshiki

Fumoffu wasn't after S1. I don't know how many times we need to explain it to you. Fumoffu is set in the down time in between "events" in FMP. You can criticize Fumoffu all you want but please at least get that misconception straight.

Narag

How do you guys keep up with everything. Everytime I peek into these threads, I feel hopelessly overwhelmed.

Instead of keeping up with everything, I pick a handful of things to give full attention and skim the thread looking for related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom