• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden time - 20

What ...
what .

what was that ..??

This episode was perfect ... light drama , plot was moving along ... nice comedy , nice forshadowing overall ....

And then ...

I hope ..oh god i hope that the writter knows what he is doing , he's not a newbie so i have a little faith but this anime is walking on a thin thread leading to awesomeness... but the slighless mistake and it's going to suck , big time.

Banri , Tada Banri why , why ...

Ps: tea club girls are awesome.
i don't want this anime ending to suck ...

Ending shouldn't suck. The author pulled similar bullcrap with Toradora and that ended on a positive/somewhat unsatisfying end. But that show had courting throughout the whole episode. My assumption is that yes, we'll probably have some drama but
chances are Banri proposes to Koko at the end

Nagi no Asukara: Nagi Asu - A Lull in the Sea Episode 21

With the new visual being shown yesterday, I should have imagined it would mean a few images added to the OP. ebb and flow fits perfectly and looking back I always imagined the characters looked sad in it, but with this it makes them look happy in a kind of way.

Great episode, Akira and Namaka is too good, and then when he was blowing the bowl...too cute.

Tsumugu seemed like he wanted to say more to Chisaki at the hospital...but then later, I hope he gets ena.

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 02
In this episode:
- Tatenashi shooting immediately to the top to join joint best place with Char*. Based Saito Chiwa.
- 18 GLORIOUS minutes without Houki whining or appearing or doing anything.
- The director giving up all pretense of any serious work and cutting to this shot (clean but don't open at work).

Other than that, this still remains the most boring show.

*Being top in a bad show is not an achievement.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 20

Welp, it really happened.
Satsuki and Ryuuko switched places as hero and villain, even exchanging their Kamui in the process.
I sincerely doubt this will last, but it's a pretty damn hype turn of events nonetheless, and I say that as someone who
was never a fan of Ryuuko stepping down as protagonist

Satsuki was badass as fuck in this episode. Dat
effortlessly slicing enemies apart while completely naked using her own toenails
. Ryuuko was pretty badass too up until, you know,
the whole brainwashing thing
. Ragyou is a pretty fucked-up woman.
Not content with repeatedly molesting her daughter's body, she now seems to have developed the habit of repeatedly raping her other daughter's brain

Also Nui is wonderful but we all knew that.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 02
In this episode:
- Tatenashi shooting immediately to the top to join joint best place with Char*. Based Saito Chiwa.
- The director giving up all pretense of any serious work and cutting to this shot (clean but don't open at work).

thank god i dropped this show
i dont mind ass shots
but i demand a plot that isnt crap as well

It's a lady...
Well you can tell me that , it won't change how i write

The term i have for the name in my native language doesn't have a difference between male or female ( l'auteur in french ) so wnen i translate in my mind to write here i always use the male term as a standard.

Besides i knew that already ( thanks for telling me anyway)

Ending shouldn't suck. The author pulled similar bullcrap with Toradora and that ended on a positive/somewhat unsatisfying end. But that show had courting throughout the whole episode. My assumption is that yes, we'll probably have some drama but
chances are Banri proposes to Koko at the end

Yeah that's why i'm not that worried , the preview was alright too . Had it be another writter , i would be.

Theonik

Infinite Stratos 2 - 02
In this episode:

Russia is one of the few bleeps of light on Season 2. I fear for your health. Hurry up to episode 05.

sonicmj1

Infinite Stratos 2 - 02
In this episode:

Why don't you just drop it?

Dresden

The OST is great.

Like others have said, I just don't think it's necessarily been used all that consistently well.

The OST is garbage. The way it is used is even worse.

It's the opposite - the ost is saved by how it's used in the show (as in, you hear a twenty second cut of each track at most). The actual tracks in full are pure garbage.

This is animegaf.

Theonik

It's the opposite - the ost is saved by how it's used in the show (as in, you hear a twenty second cut of each track at most). The actual tracks in full are pure garbage.
They are both bad, their use is not great but the benefit of them being hardly used means you don't have to listen to it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah, i place myself on the side that says the music in KLK ranges from mediocre to bad, but some strong sound design in select episodes prevent it from being a total disaster (such as episode 6).

JoeFu

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 18

ok I'm 15 minutes in and everything is changing again already... with 4 more episodes to go. WHAT IS THIS SHOW WHY DO I LOVE IT SO MUCH?

Nordicus

Golden Time 20

The animation might've hit an all-time low in this episode. It was never great but now it seems to be a step worse. Loved the appearance of Tea Club girls despite that.

Almost smashed my fists on the table at the end. Almost.
If Current Banri's memories would have disappeared and it was just Old Banri, I would have been furious. The fact that Banri snapped out of it very quickly again managed to avoid disaster. He's just getting his memories back in such a rapid burst that he can't handle it.
Hopefully this is the case.

If Banri explains his little scene to Koko in the beginning of next episode and tells her be wary of it happening again, I'll be able to ignore what just happened. Stay in the car Koko, stay in there

wonzo

Banned
Weren't there people hating on Kill la Kill's composer before the show came out and now almost everyone thinks the OST is amazing?
nah the OST's still pretty awful, it's just the directors are doing a good enough job of salvaging what little of worth they can from it

cajunator

Banned
Magic Knight Reyearth 2

Well, they have their mascot character now.

Hikaru has pretty much established herself as the leader of the three now. Conversation between Fuu and Yumi in bed pretty much confirmed this.

A lot of characters in the Clamp universe get reused. HIkaru for example shows up again in angelic Layer as Misaki's battle doll. Mokona seems to be in almost everything.

Golden Time 20

Oh god DAMN IT! Why this route. So dumb. DUMB.
Stupid ghost banri

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Paging Thoraxes.

EHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEE

Kill la Kill 18

Just starting to watch this, but I couldn't ask for a better beginning:

Shes so amazing. From the beginning I believed in her!

Mr.Jeff

I said I'd finish as part of my foolish bet to Theonik (who only wanted me to watch 2 episodes anyway) and coming this far, I can't stop now.
Also, I've sat* through 2 seasons of Da Capo before now, this can't be worse than that.

*skimmed through. Compressed 26 episodes down to about 4 hours watching through liberal use of fast forward.

Golden Time 20

What the fuck? This show is starting to tick me off. The
ring subplot makes me facepalm for regular Banri and Ghost Banri makes me facepalm for the overrall plot.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 1

I'm now starting the last main series of Gundam left for me to watch and it starts off...pretty weird. Setsuna is a cold as liquid nitrogen, it's as if he's a robot or something. Lockon seems pretty fun (having the Haro helps!). The other two are not nearly as interesting to me right now especially Tieria (at least Allelujah Haptism has a stupid name).

When seeing those huge space elevators I can't help but think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for some reason.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan! - Episode 2

Hana still being 3 years old is now doing classwork for 12 year olds. How could this not be hilarious!? Did find it impressive how quickly Hana could learn things, effectively passing 1st grade in a day.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2 - 02
In this episode:

Tatenashi is a gift from the universe. Watch episode 5. You wont miss anything of importance and you certainly wont regret it!

sonicmj1

Yeah, i place myself on the side that says the music in KLK ranges from mediocre to bad, but some strong sound design in select episodes prevent it from being a total disaster (such as episode 6).

This is how I feel. Even Blumenkranz loses its luster taken in full.

Golden Time 20

What the fuck? This show is starting to tick me off. The
ring subplot makes me facepalm for regular Banri and Ghost Banri makes me facepalm for the overrall plot.

Well I've been in the shoes of Banri for the former, and it ain't easy to give something that meaningful.

edit: Did I say the former? I meant to say the latter.

oOoOoOoOOOoOoOOoOoOoh

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 03
Tatenashi remains best (because Char isn't getting enough screentime rip). I don't know what the point of the rest of the episode was. It sure as hell isn't about the mech suits.

Dresden

Overall use is pretty simplistic, though. All too often I hear a song playing just because a certain character is onscreen, and it rarely changes from that.

That's fine. It's not great direction, but in this case I don't think it needs to be, and the tracks they have to work with don't really support such usage.

cnet128

Banned
Please dont ruin Golden Time
ghost banri
You terrible piece of shit

What is even the point in those spoiler tags, the context makes it hilariously obvious who you're talking about XD

Golden Time 20

Well, it looks like
Banri's memories and old identity are suddenly coming back for reals. A little unexpected, and pretty scary how it happened, but I think this is probably for the best. Best to get all your memories in order and truly come to terms with your whole identity before taking the big step of a marriage proposal.

Bombless

Golden Time 20

I don't usually yell expletives at my screen, but when I do, it's because of FUCKING
GHOST BANRI

Get a grip Banri!

cajunator

Banned
What is even the point in those spoiler tags, the context makes it hilariously obvious who you're talking about XD

Golden Time 20

Well, it looks like
Banri's memories and old identity are suddenly coming back for reals. A little unexpected, and pretty scary how it happened, but I think this is probably for the best. Best to get all your memories in order and truly come to terms with your whole identity before taking the big step of a marriage proposal.

Im doing it to shame that element of the show of course.

Branduil

What's the show with the biggest ratio of overall quality versus OST quality?

The inverse is obviously held by Kanno's OSTs for Arjuna and Brain Powerd.

Soma

The actual tracks in full are pure garbage.

Been going through the OST again recently and this is very true.

The first half of "Before My Body Is Dry": Pretty hype. The second half? Terrible.

Satsuki's theme: It's okaaayyyyyyy but that little guitar section in the middle is awesome.

Blumenkranz: Mostly ZzZzZz except for the chorus.

Whatever the third track's name is: The only good part is "PING PONG CIRCULATE" and it doesn't even last that long :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
KLK 20

As if we needed more proof of Satsuki's awesomeness

Nudist Beach doing nudist things

lol everyone is become a nudist now

lol Tsumugu getting jobbed again

awwww yeahhhh next ep hype, dammit why did you stop doing previews Trigger D:

Jarmel

Banned
The KLK OST is utter dog shit. It goes from being forgettable to straight out bad. There are some good bits sprinkled throughout the dog shit, which is what ends up in the show.

Then Sawano is going to taint X as well.

Why the fuck isn't Iwasaki getting all of Sawano's work?

Magical Warfare 8

Takashi Gekkou bath scene moment was the best part of the episode, then the places the camera focused on Gekkou, good. Plot felt a bit weak even if they tried to have some shocking reveals beyond that. I think that the novel must be a bit good though, so I would like to check it out eventually.

--

Also got more Free! good, Rin Haru towels, Blanket of all, and Nagisa cover.
tumblr_n1ohj4AgUR1qbxqfpo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_n1ohj4AgUR1qbxqfpo2_1280.jpg

Branduil

Anime traditionally doesn't bother with leitmotif.
Its introduction to anime is a later thing. Read the Castle in the Sky US OST interviews.
Reuse was always a thing though.

Yamato 2199 used leitmotif. I don't know if that was in the original or they added it in the remake.

Also, you reminded me that those idiots removed the improved Laputa OST from the American BD. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom