• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Would Kobu-tori have originally been a silent film? The Youtube version sounds heavily synthed.
In a lot of these the audio was separate to the actual film and often performed live.
I am not 100% sure about Kabu-tori right now. In that old anime, there was often also narration which was impromptu by a live narrator while the film played so preserved versions only use 'a script' which got re-recorded.

Engaged to the Unidentified 8

Damn it!!! I knew this was gonna happen.
This new blonde chick needs to get away from Hakuya. I am sure next week Haku will let her down.
At least he better!

I don't know why people keep referring to the roof scene. Nothing happened up there. It was mildly entertaining but there were funnier moments in the episode. The Benio/Kobeni hallway scene was easily the funniest part of the entire episode.

Anyways this show continues to deliver week in and week out. Might actually be my anime of the season.

Theonik

Yamato 2199 used leitmotif. I don't know if that was in the original or they added it in the remake.

Also, you reminded me that those idiots removed the improved Laputa OST from the American BD. :(
You are right actually, the original Yamato did use quite a bit of it. though it's a lot more pronounced in the new version. Mind you it was still not so prevalent and is a point of divergence as anime got away from copying western works. (IE 70s anime did it a lot more than later shows until it picked up again much later.)

I mean to buy the JP BD of Laputa to get the ENG OST. Soon I guess since I have most movies I want now...

The KLK OST is utter dog shit. It goes from being forgettable to straight out bad. There are some good bits sprinkled throughout the dog shit, which is what ends up in the show.

Then Sawano is going to taint X as well.

Why the fuck isn't Iwasaki getting all of Sawano's work?

The only one that he did even remotely well in was Attack on Titan. And I think that had more to do with Tetsurō Araki knowing how to use the music effectively.

Bombless

Samurai Flamenco 18

I love this show. It's capable of utter nonsense and heartwarming scenes alike, often in the same episode. And it works.

Quasar

This new blonde chick needs to get away from Hakuya. I am sure next week Haku will let her down.
At least he better!

I'm kind of curious to see how it plays out.
I mean she clearly says he's not her type and not interested in him, so its not like a typical love rival thing

Wolf Children
0bxEUWw.gif

It was a fantastic movie. It really was. Dem mom feels. It didn't entirely live up to the hype but that's more the fault of what I thought it was going to be considering all the praise.

I think my only complaint, and it would be a very superficial one, is that
the dad died so early and so pathetically.

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 04
Well we're treated to some utterly ludicrous mech fighting and some absolutely terrible dialogue whereby the existence of a super secret organisation is revealed by one of the members from her own mouth. We also get lots of classic explanations of individual special moves which always strikes me as lazy.

On the plus side, Tatenashi basically cements herself as Best Girl™

I'm kind of curious to see how it plays out.
I mean she clearly says he's not her type and not interested in him, so its not like a typical love rival thing

I know but I fell the show might throw a wrench in the works
where he might feel obligated to be with her for whatever superficial reason breaking Kobeni's little heart.

I mean after what happened last week, I saw this coming from a mile away. Now I foresee them doing something dumb. I hope not but I've learned to never underestimate the power of forced plot twists and conflict.

where he might feel obligated to be with her for whatever superficial reason breaking Kobeni's little heart.

I mean after what happened last week, I saw this coming from a mile away. Now I foresee them doing something dumb. I hope not but I've learned to never underestimate the power of forced plot twists and conflict.

You're being really pessimistic, considering he has consistently chosen her over everything else
he refuses to eat other food because she didn't cook it. He's in love with her, not just in an agreement. Dogs are loyal.

If this were a cat we were talking about then she'd be fucked. Because cats have no loyalty.

Naruto Shippuden 352

lol Orochimaru getting severely injured over one exploding tag.

Could have had Jiraiya appear and fight him.

At least then it would have made sense.

CorvoSol

This is animegaf.

If The Walking Dead GAF has taught me anything, it's that the incapability to drop a show you hate hate hate and shut up about it extends far, far beyond the borders of anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 1

I'm now starting the last main series of Gundam left for me to watch and it starts off...pretty weird. Setsuna is a cold as liquid nitrogen, it's as if he's a robot or something. Lockon seems pretty fun (having the Haro helps!). The other two are not nearly as interesting to me right now especially Tieria (at least Allelujah Haptism has a stupid name).

When seeing those huge space elevators I can't help but think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for some reason.

Don't go past episode 25. I'm begging you don't go past episode 25.

cnet128

Banned

I can't see that.
He already feels obligated to be with Kobeni, and she's the one he actually likes. I can't see how it would be in character for Hakuya to do anything other than turn down this other girl's proposal

If there's going to be some kind of drama here, I'd suspect it will be of the misunderstanding type, with Kobeni either
not staying to hear his answer but assuming the worst, witnessing the rest of the scene but misinterpreting it in some way, or coming to the conclusion on her own that Hakuya would be better off with someone of his own kind and needing to be convinced otherwise

I have been told to watch the entirity of this, including Awakening of the Trailblazer as they say and I quote "It's not too bad"!

I might hate it slightly less than you! I certainly hate Victory less!

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 2

I like how everyone thought that Setsuna was a nutter when he said he was a Gundam. That's because, he is a nutter. At the end, what I assume is our Char Clone decides to drop by in his Flag because he's so interested in Setsuna.

CorvoSol

You can probably omit three words here.

I feel like GAF has taught me bigger lessons, such as:

1. How to make a loaded thread title!
2. How to be obsessed with spoilers to the point that calling someone out for them is a bigger spoiler than what was spoiled!
3. How to get banned in 10 minutes flat during E3.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 03
Tatenashi remains best (because Char isn't getting enough screentime rip). I don't know what the point of the rest of the episode was. It sure as hell isn't about the mech suits.
Mech suits ? in IS ? Ah ah i've watched both seasons+ the oavs and i didn't see any mech suits ... ( my brain was turned off but still ) ...

At least he better!

I don't know why people keep referring to the roof scene. Nothing happened up there. It was mildly entertaining but there were funnier moments in the episode. The Benio/Kobeni hallway scene was easily the funniest part of the entire episode.

Anyways this show continues to deliver week in and week out. Might actually be my anime of the season.

We're talking about the roof scene because of all the events before and after that are tied to it , the race competition for example or the aftershocks of the jumps it was tsilla central piece of the plot

jman2050

Kill la Kill 20

Dresden was right all along!

Ha, people were speculating Satsuki would be wearing Senketsu, but I didn't think that would actually happen.
Damnit why can't it be next Thursday yet?

Urusei Yatsura - 49
sY77dUc.jpg
Eongf8j.jpg

:animegaf

A
contagious
cavity is a great idea, then just add
the cure being spreading it around by biting 7 or 8 people
and you have an awesome episode. Showing the true nature of humans, years before Sousuke did it in FMP.

CorvoSol

I have been told to watch the entirity of this, including Awakening of the Trailblazer as they say and I quote "It's not too bad"!

I might hate it slightly less than you! I certainly hate Victory less!

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 2

I like how everyone thought that Setsuna was a nutter when he said he was a Gundam. That's because, he is a nutter. At the end, what I assume is our Char Clone decides to drop by in his Flag because he's so interested in Setsuna.

Anyone who tells you A Wakening of the Trailblazer is "not too bad" regardless of their opinion of the rest of the show is not your friend. That movie is terrible. I hate Victory, and Victory is the only Gundam show I've ever been incapable of finishing, but anything past episode 25 of 00 is still what I consider the very worst of Gundam. Especially A Wakening of the Trailblazer

cnet128

Banned
Kino no Tabi 6

Oh boy, not only do we have our first two-parter, but this show is also proving that it can pull off a cool tournament arc with as much flair as any battle shonen series, yet without losing any of its class. I never expected this show to do something like this, but I'm glad it did because Kino being badass is always wonderful.

Also, corrupt kings and oppressed commoners and slavery and shit. I almost feel like I've wandered into a country from Magi.

Tokyo ravens - 20

DAMMIT

DAMMIT

Unlike phi brain that was ambigous , here there is little to doubt as the final scene made everything crystal clear on what was happening ... AND i don't like this turn of events...
wait i do like parts of it ( like the reveal ) but DAMN this turns of events is kinda unfair, especially given what the show was about.

I want a deus-ex machina or an asspull of teh century to correct this turn of events , ASAP.

You're being really pessimistic, considering he has consistently chosen her over everything else
he refuses to eat other food because she didn't cook it. He's in love with her, not just in an agreement. Dogs are loyal.

If this were a cat we were talking about then she'd be fucked. Because cats have no loyalty.

Heh. I guess I am. The thing is that the show hasn't had it's internal struggle between characters and while I would like the show to stay exactly how it is that's not how plots or stories work. I guess we'll see next week. I don't want any misinterpretations or Kobeni/Hakuya doing or assuming something dumb like every RomCom does.

Hope for the best; expect the worst kind of mentality.

I used to not be like this. Then I watched OreImo take everything I liked about the show and beat me over the head saying "You should've seen this coming!!! It was obvious from the title!!!"

I can't see that.
He already feels obligated to be with Kobeni, and she's the one he actually likes. I can't see how it would be in character for Hakuya to do anything other than turn down this other girl's proposal

If there's going to be some kind of drama here, I'd suspect it will be of the misunderstanding type, with Kobeni either
not staying to hear his answer but assuming the worst, witnessing the rest of the scene but misinterpreting it in some way, or coming to the conclusion on her own that Hakuya would be better off with someone of his own kind and needing to be convinced otherwise

Yeah I trust Hakuya. I am just afraid of some misunderstanding or something go wrong (because that still has to happen somehow, somewhere). Kobeni has already shown that she really cares more for others than herself. Which in of itself is not a bad quality but might lead to some sort of internal struggle later on. I see where the show is going but there is still uncertainty on how they reach the end point.

I am still really enamored with the show. I just don't like this new plot point very much.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 7

Hachiken and Mikage date was awkward, good thing there were some friends at the temple also. Feel bad for Komaba on how the game ended

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2 - 04
Well we're treated to some utterly ludicrous mech fighting and some absolutely terrible dialogue whereby the existence of a super secret organisation is revealed by one of the members from her own mouth. We also get lots of classic explanations of individual special moves which always strikes me as lazy.

On the plus side, Tatenashi basically cements herself as Best Girl™

Tatenashi is amazing but now you get to see the most glorious and perfect thing IS will ever offer,

If The Walking Dead GAF has taught me anything, it's that the incapability to drop a show you hate hate hate and shut up about it extends far, far beyond the borders of anime.

this is true. People just have a tendency to hatewatch things. Anime is just infortunately the one we are most aware of because of familiarity with the medium.

Kino no Tabi 6

Oh boy, not only do we have our first two-parter, but this show is also proving that it can pull off a cool tournament arc with as much flair as any battle shonen series, yet without losing any of its class. I never expected this show to do something like this, but I'm glad it did because Kino being badass is always wonderful.

Also, corrupt kings and oppressed commoners and slavery and shit. I almost feel like I've wandered into a country from Magi.

That episode is SO AWESOME.
the fights were really well done and have a very different feel than the rest of the show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 20

Tea Club girls were great, Koko "going to eat chocolate to secure the future of our nation" was hilarious. As far as the actual plot goes,
I hope this is just Banri's memories coming back alongside his current memories, and not Ghost Banri trying to "replace" him, as it were. Also, we still have no idea what Chinami's problem is or why the club president is cockblocking Mitsuo, so that'll be interesting to find out as well

Tokyo ravens - 20

DAMMIT

DAMMIT

Unlike phi brain that was ambigous , here there is little to doubt as the final scene made everything crystal clear on what was happening ... AND i don't like this turn of events...
wait i do like parts of it ( like the reveal ) but DAMN this turns of events is kinda unfair, especially given what the show was about.

I want a deus-ex machina or an asspull of teh century to correct this turn of events , ASAP.
It's shonen show. There is like 99 percent chance that
natsume comes back to alive somehow.

Anyone who tells you A Wakening of the Trailblazer is "not too bad" regardless of their opinion of the rest of the show is not your friend. That movie is terrible. I hate Victory, and Victory is the only Gundam show I've ever been incapable of finishing, but anything past episode 25 of 00 is still what I consider the very worst of Gundam. Especially A Wakening of the Trailblazer

I still think you should finish Victory, you only had about 12 episodes left to go!

CorvoSol

I still think you should finish Victory, you only had about 12 episodes left to go!

If I finish Victory, will it keep you from watching A Wakening of the Trailblazer?

Kino's Journey 7

The meaning and deep message of this episode is one of incredible majesty, which I find it will take me no small amount of time to decipher. I'm not sure the English language properly contains the words needed to articulate a moral of such complexity, such grandeur, and such universal application as is central to the heart of this episode. Courage in hand, however, I will not desist from this most sacred calling. I shall endeavor to explain the eternal truth at the heart of this episode to you, reader, with all of my mental faculties, and explicate the full extent of its virtuous depth by employing all of the words I have learned in the language of my father.

If you fuck with Kino, you're gonna get your shit wrecked.

Geneijin

It's the opposite - the ost is saved by how it's used in the show (as in, you hear a twenty second cut of each track at most). The actual tracks in full are pure garbage.
Exactly how I feel. It makes even more sense why things were so abruptly cut or edited when you listen to every single composition in full.

Golden Time 20

Tea Club girls were great, Koko "going to eat chocolate to secure the future of our nation" was hilarious. As far as the actual plot goes,
I hope this is just Banri's memories coming back alongside his current memories, and not Ghost Banri trying to "replace" him, as it were. Also, we still have no idea what Chinami's problem is or why the club president is cockblocking Mitsuo, so that'll be interesting to find out as well

I assume the club president is either looking out for Linda, or like everybody has been speculating he really does have a thing for her. As to Chinami, I feel this was more her taking out her frustration on Banri since she probably does like Mitsuo deep down and is pissed he has moved on, and thought that Banri was getting chummy with another girl when he has Koko (and she recently has become bffs with her)

Maken-ki! two - 06

In this episode , Sdburton was forced to become a ninja and stalking her target in order to reach the garden ... and realised that it was the wrong entrance and had to start over again !

It's shonen show. There is like 99 percent chance that
natsume comes back to alive somehow.

Well true , but the dream like discussion at the end is kinda hard to accept ....

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I assume the club president is either looking out for Linda, or like everybody has been speculating he really does have a thing for her. As to Chinami, I feel this was more her taking out her frustration on Banri since she probably does like Mitsuo deep down and is pissed he has moved on, and thought that Banri was getting chummy with another girl when he has Koko (and she recently has become bffs with her)

Yep, that's the same theory on Chinami that I have. Really seems like that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom