• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogan

Silver Spoon S2 7

Hachiken and Mikage date was awkward, good thing there were some friends at the temple also. Feel bad for Komaba on how the game ended

Silver Spoon S2 7
That was the date...I kept telling myself no F'en way they try and pass that off as the date. Romance in Anime is so damn tacked on, easily the most annoying thing about the show.

cajunator

Banned
I see. I'll leave that for another day then.

Unrelated: This hurts more than most things forgotten in Precure

Bhhs0hMCIAAnO6N.png

Honoka ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
can you save that pic of her for me?

Kill la Kill 20

I'd liked to have enjoyed this more, but goddamn is Ryuuko such a shit character. And now we'll have to suffer through
drama about her regaining her identity.

4 more episodes left of KLK at least.

If people are still waiting on CR, just go watch it on Daisuki, despite not being in English.

A gunshot is the same around the world, much like how Ryuko being a shit is the same around the world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 20:

I notice in the opening that everybody has their Nudist Beach variants now. Also, nifty little call back to episode 4 and the tram system, I liked that. Anyway, yes it is finally time for Ryuuko to embrace her destiny as Shadow the Hedgehog.Now she is the Scion of Life Fibers and now Satsuki is our heroine, I suppose. Also nice to see Loadsofzeni back for a cameo. Anyway, this all fells kind of odd but I look forward to next episode and maybe Ryuko will stop fucking angsting, I can hope, I dearly hope.

Theonik

Kill la Kill Episode 20:

I notice in the opening that everybody has their Nudist Beach variants now. Also, nifty little call back to episode 4 and the tram system, I liked that. Anyway, yes it is finally time for Ryuuko to embrace her destiny as Shadow the Hedgehog.Now she is the Scion of Life Fibers and now Satsuki is our heroine, I suppose. Also nice to see Loadsofzeni back for a cameo. Anyway, this all fells kind of odd but I look forward to next episode and maybe Ryuko will stop fucking angsting, I can hope, I dearly hope.
We were talking in IRC how Ryuuko would get killed by Shadow the Hedgehog next episode and how he would then wear Senketsu. Kinda like this.

CorvoSol

Have you ever said "I AM [insert name of girlfriend here]"!?

I thought he was Exia? Since he's "Gundam" and all.

Would what you're saying count as touching yourself, then?

It's not my fault. I told all of you that 00 was the worst Gundam ever. Of course this doesn't make sense. That's the kind of show 00 is.

I'm now taking bets on how fast these mirror avatar jokes gets old. Faster than banderas.gif, doge jokes, or an AnimeGAF original.

aka

sSqzGTg.gif

It's already old and lame.

CorvoSol

KLK 20

I'm glad the show at long last acknowledged that
Satsuki is the main character and Ryuko isn't. Show is best when viewed this way anyway.

KLK 20

I'm glad the show at long last acknowledged that
Satsuki is the main character and Ryuko isn't. Show is best when viewed this way anyway.

But
Ryuko had most of the screen time, and no doubt we're getting episodes focused on her dumb drama. She's still the front and center of the show, them switching clothing doesn't do us much good. Ryuko being off-screen is an improvement, transforming her into an angsty villain might actually be worse than the old status quo.

Kill la Kill Episode 20 – Far from the Madding Crowd

Unfortunately Kill la Kill has reverted back to its awkward and disastrously handled writing. In just one episode a show that was on track to being a fairly coherent and focused action show turned into a random fest of nekkid femchars in a circus of badly handled characters doing rather mundane things as the clock ticked down.
The switch of outfits was just sudden and an odd place for plot to go at this episode 20. A stronger arc could have been better delivered if it was a calm and collection Ryuko, and everyone else of nudist beach to infiltrate the academy as well as bring down Ryugo once and for all. This whole affair feels like a pointless waste of time to fill the episode count.

Nudist beach outfits was odd, why is uzu covering so much skin?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Golden Time 20

His girlfriends name is Koko and he is Loco, I said oh no.

Seriously holy shit I feel so bad for Banri. Dude needs fucking help so bad. Its really sad how his mental problems have gotten this bad.

I fully expect Koko to dump him as an effort to try to get him to get help. Because he needs it. And soon.

Syrinx

Chobits 6

Today Hideki learns that machines require power to operate. And how to climb walls. I didn't even know you could climb those.

Episode was supposed to show Hideki's loyalty and care for Chi but I didn't dig it very much. Sensei is a cool character though.

cajunator

Banned
Chobits 6

Today Hideki learns that machines require power to operate. And how to climb walls. I didn't even know you could climb those.

Episode was supposed to show Hideki's loyalty and care for Chi but I didn't dig it very much. Sensei is a cool character though.

Somewhere in there soon is a recap episode. Whats your opinion of Sumomo? I think shes one of the most adorable things in the world.

CorvoSol

But
Ryuko had most of the screen time, and no doubt we're getting episodes focused on her dumb drama. She's still the front and center of the show, them switching clothing doesn't do us much good. Ryuko being off-screen is an improvement, transforming her into an angsty villain might actually be worse than the old status quo.

Shhhhh, no.
Satsuki busted out of prison and now she's leading the team. Cuz she's the main character.
Shhhhhhhh.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 7

So much testosterone in this show that being in 2 episodes literally forced Poco through puberty.

Kill la Kill - 20

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I KNEW IT.

Ryuko is now the villain (Mind controlled, but she sure seems into it with Junketsu)! I predicted her going into a state of madness ever since Episode 9, I just didn't think it would be this late.

But otherwise, Satsuki is now going full-on protagonist mode! Though I do wish the episode ended with her doing Life Fiber Synchronization.

It's pretty inevitable now that Ryuko and Satsuki ARE gonna team up at this point to take down Ragyo, and you know what? Despite Ryuko being a huge ass, that's something I've wanted to see since the beginning of this show. The last three episodes are gonna be amazing.

But anyway, was anyone reminded of this during the episode?

Daigurren.gif

Without the legs.

cajunator

Banned
Shhhhh, no.
Satsuki busted out of prison and now she's leading the team. Cuz she's the main character.
Shhhhhhhh.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 7

So much testosterone in this show that being in 2 episodes literally forced Poco through puberty.

Corvy im gonna go to my parents place saturday so hopefully I can resume FMP this weekend for you.

Branduil

So what would be the ultimate AnimeGAF-hate anime?

Studio- White Fox
Series director-
Director-
Original story by- Reki Kawahara
Adaptation by- Mari Okada
Character designs- Hisashi Hirai
Art direction-
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED-

wonzo

Banned
So what would be the ultimate AnimeGAF-hate anime?

Studio- White Fox/GoHands collab
Series director- Keiji Gotoh
Director-
Original story by- Reki Kawahara
Adaptation by- Mari Okada & Hiroyuki Yoshino
Character designs- Hisashi Hirai
Art direction- Masanobu Nomura
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED-
drawin a blank on everything else

Golden Time 2

I feel bad for Koko. I feel like she's being earnest but everyone just brushes her off or outright ignores her because of her status. Other then that what happened with the cliffhanger at the end of episode 1? That was never resolved. Speeding bike heading right to Tada and cliffhanger. Then in this episode he just wakes up in bed and doesn't talk about the speeding bike. Like did I miss something?

Color me intrigued by the show. I am interested. Like other anime, something is compelling me to keep watching. Characters are developing nicely and the art is still great for a JC Staff anime.

We'll see how it goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom