• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You could go lower than this.

Much lower.

I never got the hate for White Fox. Katanagatari and Steins;Gate were great, Jormungand and Maoudonalds were really good as well. Their percentage of good shows is way better than a lot of other studios.

Like some that start with the letter B.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Witch Craft Works - 08

What a delightful episode. Seeing the tower witches making cameos in the dream just made me smile all the way true. They're supposed to be the bad guys right? I just can't help but to find them endearing and I have no idea if that was the intended consequence. I also watch the ending all the way through which I typically don't do mostly because of them.

Branduil

Much lower.

I never got the hate for White Fox. Katanagatari and Steins;Gate were great, Jormungand and Maoudonalds were really good as well. Their percentage of good shows is way better than a lot of other studios.

Hard to screw up that source material, although they sure tried.

iLm4UavaZIbae.jpg

ii9sEwSR3qgLt.jpg

iFHLZ9IKr0nsh.jpg

i9Otovd9SiQpC.jpg

Lain

Kill la Kill 20

I'm actually not quite sure what to think of this episode. I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. Apart from the
god robes swap (fanart redeemed)
I just didn't feel this episode too much.

Theonik

So what would be the ultimate AnimeGAF-hate anime?

Studio- Gonzo/Manglobe
Series director- Takeshi Koike
Director- Yuki Kinoshita
Original story by- Kazuo Koike
Adaptation by- Mari Okada
Character designs- Hisashi Hirai
Art direction- Takashi Takeuchi
OST- Sawano
OP- Nanoripe
ED- Ali Project
My thoughts.

cajunator

Banned
Miki, aka Cure Berry.

Hmm. So why does she have pink hair here?

Much lower.

agreed. White fox makes enjoyable shows. At least they pick up great material to work with.

Dresden

Studio- GoHands
Director- Yuji Yamaguchi
Original story by- Reki Kawahara
Art direction- some hobo
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED- Ali Project

fertygo

Hard to screw up that source material, although they sure tried.

I agree studio that start with Letter B often doing that. They also somehow can make something mediocre from the most ambitious project in recent year.

White Fox already produce few show after S;G and its not like this thread always make them target.

Theonik

Studio- GoHands
Director- Yuji Yamaguchi
Art direction- some hobo
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED- Ali Project
I considered putting down Ali Project as both OP and ED but then realised that Nanotripe would create a better contrast. Plus having the same song twice loses its effectiveness faster.

Also nano.ripe makes some enjoyable op/eds so definitely not them. Ali project is a good choice.
I've enjoyed more songs by Ali Project than I have of Nanotripe.

CorvoSol

So what would be the ultimate AnimeGAF-hate anime?

Studio- White Fox
Series director-
Director-
Art direction-
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED-

My vote on director is either Hino or what's his name from Arjuna. Cuz either of those I hate.

Crocodile

*scratches head* When did this mass delusion start that Samurai Flamecno was a legitimately good show :/ *scratches head*

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 7

So much testosterone in this show that being in 2 episodes literally forced Poco through puberty.

Hurry up and get to Battle Tendency so you can bathe in the glory of Joesph Joestar :)

Much lower.

Steins;Gate is great but that's because of the writing and characters. Production wise? It's shit. I can barely see anything half the time either because shit is super washed out or dark for no reason. That being said, there are worse studios, much worse.

Also, while people fill out that "AnimeGaf's worst anime" staff list, they should say what each person/studio has done in the past to earn such ire. I don't recognize all the names.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Studio- DEEN
Director- Seiji Kishi
Character designs- Hisashi Hirai (the fucking worst)

some of mine

Branduil

Reki Kawahara- Sword Art Online
Mari Okada- Ano Hana, Fujiko Lupin, Black Rock Shooter TV
Hisashi Hirai- Gundam Seed
Ali Project- a million OPs that are basically the same song with slight variations

Branduil

I can't put DEEN as the worst as long as Hatakeyama is there.

Same with Kishi, as much as I dislike most of his shows, he somehow made Humanity Has Declined.

CorvoSol

You hate the director of Arjuna and yet you're currently marathoning the franchise that made him famous, LOL.

Did you miss my posts during SDFM or my post about Macross II? So far Do You Remember Love is the only good thing I've seen related to Macross.

His involvement in Eureka Seven not withstanding.

...While hating it.
Sasuga Corvo

Yeah me watching something really doesn't mean I like it. See earlier posts today about how all of GAF watches things it hates well past the point when it should stop.

EDIT: Also I am not a sausage.

*scratches head* When did this mass delusion start that Samurai Flamecno was a legitimately good show :/ *scratches head*

I think it's more that everybody but you is enjoying how stupid it is.

Hurry up and get to Battle Tendency so you can bathe in the glory of Joesph Joestar :)

Also, while people fill out that "AnimeGaf's worst anime" staff list, they should say what each person/studio has done in the past to earn such ire. I don't recognize all the names.

Hino made Gundam AGE and the other dude made Earth Maiden Arjuna. There aren't circles of hell low enough for their ilk.

Dresden

Kinda against Okada's inclusion, because she's usually fine for adaptations. If we took out Kawahara and made it an Okada original work, maybe, but it's hard to go lower than Kawahara right now.

At least until Mahouka comes out.

Honestly there needs to be one good member of the staff to make it a truly bad anime.

I'd say Ume-sensei for character design but she doesn't deserve that.

CorvoSol

I hope you get to Macross Plus soon. Based Watanabe. Based Kanno. Based 2D mecha animation.

Is it actually 2D mecha or are you just setting me up for a bigger fall?

Also I should point out that while I like Gundam, I'm not a huge fan of Tomino, so even if I do wind up liking more of Macross, I'm still within reason for hating Kawamori's guts.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hmm. So why does she have pink hair here?

MOTW had the ability to change people's hairstyles into wacky ones.

=========================

Happiness Charge Precure - 04

XrQd5Kd.png
2xQZ8i5.png

:sdburton

Solid episode
though I just want to see Yuuko become a Cure already.

Nice that we got to see a bit more of my girl Cure Fortune too.

Branduil

Honestly there needs to be one good member of the staff to make it a truly bad anime.

I'd say Ume-sensei for character design but she doesn't deserve that.

Omigawa voices the main character and Mitsuo Iso comes out of retirement to do one scene for the show but he won't say which episode.

Also I should point out that while I like Gundam, I'm not a huge fan of Tomino, so even if I do wind up liking more of Macross, I'm still within reason for hating Kawamori's guts.

It's real 2D, and it's spectacular. The only 3D is used for computer displays.

Just make sure you watch the OVA and not the movie.

Golden Time 3

Crazy
religious nuts
is the scariest kind of crazy. Long scene with Koko and Banri was nice. Answered some of the questions I had from the last episode. Writers sure do love characters who have
amnesia

Not really as funny as the last two episodes but there was a ton of plot and character development here so that can easily be forgiven.

And now I put this series down for the day so I can watch KLK and be conflicted on why I started that show.

MOTW had the ability to change people's hairstyles into wacky ones.

=========================

Happiness Charge Precure - 04

Solid episode
though I just want to see Yuuko become a Cure already.

Nice that we got to see a bit more of my girl Cure Fortune too.

Gotta wait till April for Honey.

Mature

Oh, it's 2D alright. Corvo, it's so very 2D.

Macross Plus is masterpiece status in my book.

Defuser

Simple solution....

Have Okada do a original story which is by default horrible then have Hiroyuki Yoshino is both terrible in both adaptation and original story composition do a terrible ass job of making Okada's story more atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom