• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Kinda against Okada's inclusion, because she's usually fine for adaptations. If we took out Kawahara and made it an Okada original work, maybe, but it's hard to go lower than Kawahara right now.

At least until Mahouka comes out.

Solution to the Okada problem: Adapt a Kouji Seo manga.

Branduil

Kinda against Okada's inclusion, because she's usually fine for adaptations. If we took out Kawahara and made it an Okada original work, maybe, but it's hard to go lower than Kawahara right now.

At least until Mahouka comes out.

That's fair, but in this case she'd be adapting a Kawahara story, so it'd be SAO with the melodrama turned up to 11.

Dresden

A Wolf Guy is fine too.

GUVu0Qf.png

Theonik

You know, this is being made by White Fox.

Have we found the ultimate animegaf hatenime?
I think Zach had a point earlier. We are raising too many red flags.
Realistically no-one would touch this turd with a 10-foot pole so the rage disappears.

Kamen Rider V3 1

Gonna take it easy with pacing for this one, hopefully to interject any other backlogged goods. So basically, similar to how I handled HxH, Aikatsu, and Dokkaan!

Anyway, God damn, already starting off with attempted murder.... and MURDER!

On screen family slaughter fun time, jesus. Not even the child was spared.

I see Kamen Rider 1 and 2, and I'm like.... they're bearly a physical difference outside of the antennas pointing in a different direction, and the glove colors. But man, V3 actually stands out in comparison. It's almost as if Kamen Rider 1 was Futari wa Pretty Cure, and Kamen Rider 2 was Splash Star.

Also a bit of trolling lol.

Eden to the East: Paradise Lost
Well up until the final parts it was pretty good. A desperate struggle to counter Manabe to stop him from destroying Japan while their aces kept getting shot down. Finding a way around it. Then, in final parts it really ruins itself.
First of all, Mr. Outside was driving a taxi for a company called Ato Taxi, how did no one figure this out until now. That didn't seem too hard to look up compared to the other thing s these guys have done.Then there's the whole moral thing about making it fun to earn money and stuff and then what Takizawa did to win the game. While it was impressive, it was pretty vague. And then, deciding that was the winning move was kind of lazy. Then, after every Selicao loses there memories, they kill off the main "bad guys" and while I didn't like them that much, it seemed stupid to kill them that way. And then after all that, almost nothing changed. Really seems like that game was a waste of time. That after credit scene was not satisfying.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo G 2

SLXVVOC.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, General Hidler of the 1000 Demon Army.

GENERAL. HIDLER.

Fuck you Happy Science and Persona, Getter Robo did it first.

jman2050

I'm still not completely sure what this huge massive problem with Ryuko that some people have is. Closest thing I heard is when someone compared her to Claire from Heroes, which doesn't even help because I didn't mind Claire either!

cardfight vanguard until 23
tournament was fun... love how i think irl booster pack stuff is tied to the show. A bit iffy now that it seems like there are mythical nonsense coming to play... but I guess idol cards make up for it.

so whats the reason that milky holmes posse seems to cameo in every eps?

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time

I feel bad for Koko. I feel like she's being earnest but everyone just brushes her off or outright ignores her because of her status. Other then that what happened with the cliffhanger at the end of episode 1? That was never resolved. Speeding bike heading right to Tada and cliffhanger. Then in this episode he just wakes up in bed and doesn't talk about the speeding bike. Like did I miss something?

Color me intrigued by the show. I am interested. Like other anime, something is compelling me to keep watching. Characters are developing nicely and the art is still great for a JC Staff anime.

We'll see how it goes from here.

It starts out strongly but theres a certain infuriating element in there which youll soon discover..

I considered putting down Ali Project as both OP and ED but then realised that Nanotripe would create a better contrast. Plus having the same song twice loses its effectiveness faster.

I've enjoyed more songs by Ali Project than I have of Nanotripe.

I loves nanoripe but its not music for everyone I guess.

Jarmel

Banned
Kill La Kill-20

#BasedTrigger

It's like they know exactly what I'm thinking. Now for them to stick the landing...

If they do then I'll forgive a lot of the earlier half.

CorvoSol

I'm still not completely sure what this huge massive problem with Ryuko that some people have is. Closest thing I heard is when someone compared her to Claire from Heroes, which doesn't even help because I didn't mind Claire either!

The problem with Ryuko is she isn't Satsuki. Kinda like the problem with Vegeta is he isn't Goku, and the problem with the Zeon is they're retarded Space Nazis.

Yeah but he's not even wearing cool sunglasses.

He has horns, though.

He looks so unsatisfied with life.

This could be applied to so many characters in Getter Robo. Like in this episode there was a doctor and he had three sweat drops going on even when he was sharing good news. People always look super haggard and unsatisfied with life in Getter Robo.

Does Yamato predate this? Because that has Desler.

I couldn't say. I don't even know the time gap between Getter Robo and Getter Robo G.

If nothing else, it'll be a good palette cleanser after Macross II.

Yeah but anything will be good after Macross II.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sasuga MAL: I've now seen a particular entry on my list go under two major name purifications. What once started as Red Hawk: Weapon of Death (a really bad 90s Korean action film that apparently steals several scenes from one of the Street Fighter movies) eventually became Hon Ran in one of the many waves of weebification.

Well, I look at my list today, and now? Red Hawk aka Hon Ran is now.........uhh.........Bulg-eunmae.

Never let anyone tell you that the MAL staff are just weeaboos. They're also koreaboos.

ZX IGNITION 07

I kinda forgot all these episodes were in the past before episode 1.

And this really wasn't the episode 1 thing I was more interested in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sasuga MAL: I've now seen a particular entry on my list go under two major name purifications. What once started as Red Hawk: Weapon of Death (a really bad 90s Korean action film that apparently steals several scenes from one of the Street Fighter movies) eventually became Hon Ran in one of the many waves of weebification.

Well, I look at my list today, and now? Red Hawk aka Hon Ran is now.........uhh.........Bulg-eunmae.

Never let anyone tell you that the MAL staff are just weeaboos. They're also koreaboos.

Blame Dresden.

CorvoSol

Great Mazinger 2

So in addition to Hidler, Mazinger offers us Yulius Caesar in the category of historical villains now serving in different capacities. Namely, Caesar is now a gigantic warbeast employed by an ancient alien civilization that helped a pre-Grecian culture conquer the world.

I should add that Thunder Break Swording a dude in the face is fricking awesome.

Kamen Rider V3 2

Well ain't that something. This is one of those times where the episode name pretty much gives away something.
They just "killed" off the first two Kamen Riders like that.

Man, the 70s were harsh in comparison to the dialed down notions of today.

Mature

Stop using such loaded racist terms.
You should instead call them protectors of artistic intent. True beacons among us mortals.
If I had to see my favorite titles such as Mononoke Hime referred to as "Princess Mononoke", I don't know what I'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom