• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
1393546025958uyum1.gif

Kill la Kill 20

Based Gama and the other Devas showing up for the best scene.

Based Takarada's glorious return.

Based Satsuki demonstrating the proper way of being a good protagonist.

Ryuko still a shit.

I want her to be on the receiving end of an ass whooping next week.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Stop using such loaded racist terms.
You should instead call them protectors of artistic intent. True beacons among us mortals.

"Protector of artistic intent" is itself a slap in the face to these brave nihongo no senshi because it's still worded in the vulgar, limiting, songless pig dog tongue that they've fought so hard to banish from their shining internet oasis. Please give them the dignity of a title forged with a thousand shades of subtlety from the Mystic Tongue of Yamato.

Theonik

"Protector of artistic intent" is itself a slap in the face to these brave nihongo no senshi because it's still worded in the vulgar, limiting, songless pig dog tongue that they've fought so hard to banish from their shining internet oasis. Please give them the dignity of a title forged with a thousand shades of subtlety from the Mystic Tongue of Yamato.
Yes if anything MAL are cowards that won't go the distance. We will not rest until we see 闇の帝王 吸血鬼ドラキュラ as anime truly deserves.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 08

I really enjoyed this episode. It had a lot of elements I liked. The great Dekomori/Shinka feud, and it followed up on both the Christmas episode and the student council elections, imbuing them with a little more meaning. And expanding the lore of Mori Summer always interests me. It's like a show within a show that's not really a show or within anything at all. Hearing Shinka do her recitation of the delusional oath was pretty cool. Relatively speaking. Theirs is a yuri much purer than the fake fake Summer and her stalking. So it is spoken.

Plus, Satone got to do something again. More of that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kill la Kill - 20

AWWWWWW YEAH! LET'S GO!

I admit, was a little bummed that the outfit wasn't as risque as what we're used to. :lol

wonzo

Banned
*adds peeps hatin on the aku no hana anime to the list*

Sasuga MAL: I've now seen a particular entry on my list go under two major name purifications. What once started as Red Hawk: Weapon of Death (a really bad 90s Korean action film that apparently steals several scenes from one of the Street Fighter movies) eventually became Hon Ran in one of the many waves of weebification.

Well, I look at my list today, and now? Red Hawk aka Hon Ran is now.........uhh.........Bulg-eunmae.

Never let anyone tell you that the MAL staff are just weeaboos. They're also koreaboos.
Weebs + Koreaboos working together is a sadness not even David Cage can touch.

I still don't understand how that's in a modern shounen series.
Violence Jack was once published in WSJ so anything goes really
yeshrug.png

CorvoSol

I like Hamburgers. They remind me of Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula.
PKOlS.gif

Dracula was just a dude who wanted to keep his family safe and happy. Somehow Gods, Men and Demons would not let him be.

Kill la Kill - 20

AWWWWWW YEAH! LET'S GO!

I admit, was a little bummed that the outfit wasn't as risque as what we're used to. :lol

Isn't feeling ashamed to say that contrary to half the point of the show?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kill la Kill 20

Thank goodness that Satsuki is the protagonist of Kill la Kill, because this show would be so much worse if we were actually supposed to sympathize with and become emotionally invested in a raging moron like Ryuko.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Every post spent talking about Ryuko could have been a post talking about Satsuki instead. Priorities, people.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill la Kill - 20

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Satsuki solidifies herself as the main character!. I want Ryuko to get some sense knocked into her, Satsuki style.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ryuko's real value is in making us appreciate Satsuki.

For light to exist, there must also be darkness. Dresden was right; this is actually deep stuff. The Tao of Kill la Kill. I mean, it's even encoded in the colors of their Kamui.

Ryuko was supposed to be our lovable tummy-exposing protagonist, RIP Trigger.

I thought I could love any character unconditionally who hit my crop top + suspenders fetish. I was so, so wrong.

zeroshiki

You guys are terrible.

No one will watch a truly bad anime so you need some kind of hook to scam people be it an adaptation of a beloved work, a beloved studio or a beloved creator.

Yes, I'm talking about a new Gonzo Full Metal Panic with the most :duckroll CG mechs you can find.

You guys are terrible.

No one will watch a truly bad anime so you need some kind of hook to scam people be it an adaptation of a beloved work, a beloved studio or a beloved creator.

Yes, I'm talking about a new Gonzo Full Metal Panic with the most :duckroll CG mechs you can find.
I might get excited for that!

Ryuuko is like that second idol that's put into a group to make the main idol (Satsuki) stand out more in comparison.

For example: That one arc where Kagura joins Otsu to form an idol group.

Kamen Rider V3

So he has both the first two Rider's abilities.... and he was nerfed by Lobster Squid... Ink...

SHIRO WEEPS

Midonin

Kill La Kill 20

Missed this going up on CR while watching PGSM.

I've never disliked Ryuko. The Koshimizu/Seki combination is pretty good, and she has been through a lot. The well may have been mined one time too many, but when faced with this many revelations, some people will crack under pressure. I can forgive this current arc in that regard. Also, the clothy forms of Ragyo and Nui out in the battlefield were creepy as hell.
Good to see Satsuki back in action. And what was with that montage Ryuko saw before being forced into Junketsu? She's got a bit of Precia in her as well, it seems.

Does Junketsu even have a voice? I'd have cast Shinichiro Miki as his voice for the perfect foil, but he's already doing Mikisugi. So instead, I'll say that if he does end up being voiced, I'd like for it to be Koji Yusa.

What we need is the Yozakura Quartet HNU team to work on Strike Witches 3 so they can go crazy with butts like they really want to do.

Also because I don't ever want to see a 3DCG witch again but it's probably going to happen anyway.

Kill La Kill 20

Missed this going up on CR while watching PGSM.

I've never disliked Ryuko. The Koshimizu/Seki combination is pretty good, and she has been through a lot. The well may have been mined one time too many, but when faced with this many revelations, some people will crack under pressure. I can forgive this current arc in that regard. Also, the clothy forms of Ragyo and Nui out in the battlefield were creepy as hell.
Good to see Satsuki back in action. And what was with that montage Ryuko saw before being forced into Junketsu? She's got a bit of Precia in her as well, it seems.

Does Junketsu even have a voice? I'd have cast Shinichiro Miki as his voice for the perfect foil, but he's already doing Mikisugi. So instead, I'll say that if he does end up being voiced, I'd like for it to be Koji Yusa.

That montage was a memory switch. It basically imagined a life where Ragyo was a decent parent and she basically had all the things she never had. Which is understandable in a way if she is vulnerable to it because her only support was Mako and Senketsu really.

Theonik

No need.
iYzCIh6pFEOJg.png

What we need is the Yozakura Quartet HNU team to work on Strike Witches 3 so they can go crazy with butts like they really want to do.

Also because I don't ever want to see a 3DCG witch again but it's probably going to happen anyway.
Dreams don't always come true. Sadly. We'll get AIC shit and we are going to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom