• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Time 20

OMG
If Ghost Banri's memories result in Banri losing Koko I'm gonna be so fucking pissed. The preview for next week seems to show that Banri will be getting into a scrape, wonder if its finally time for the rest of their friends to find out. Here's hoping his feelings for Linda resurface :/

Dresden

ibkexxaQ4F4Vqn.jpg

Her school obviously didn't~

Narag

Kill La Kill 20

Amazing how i couldn't give a shit about the Ryuko part of the ep but my blood got pumping when the Elite Four decided to rescue Satsuki.

jman2050

Too late; it's already confirmed that they take place in the same universe.

http://i.imgur.com/TDLSXaV.jpg[IMG]

dat 1-star Gokusei, Santa Claus Spec.[/QUOTE]

So LWA is the distant future of KLK where life fibers have been harnessed for magical powers by man and beast alike?

Theonik

How can I love LWA but find KLK stupid? 'Tis a conundrum here
Pretty easily considering how different they are and what different goals and scopes they have.

This actually works surprisingly well because Cure Lovely is already a memetic Terminator thanks to the ruthless brutality with which she exterminates her enemies.
It's also impressive how much the look in Hito's avatar matches the picture.

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 10

They might as well have been speaking Greek for all the help the subtitles gave me during half of the episode. I don't understand the off-hand comment about the stroke count of Mouryou solving the mystery of the clairvoyance experiment either.

Jarmel

Banned
Chuu22-8

This was a legitimately great episode. Really great comedic timing, some really good animation cuts, and a surprisingly emotional episode too. The show really works during the more comedic aspects.

Kinda surprised how much I'm liking the 2nd season to be honest. It still has some lows but episodes like this, are doing a lot.
http://www.anime-chu-2.com/story/08/

Says it was Ai Yukimura, I guess. Same director as episode 2.

Thanks.

Branduil

Non Non Biyori 10

The most :cajun episode of anime since Bunny Drop. Renge and Candy Store are the best, and as usual the slice-of-life depiction of family and friends is one thousand times better and more genuinely relatable than when the show goes full anime(i.e. whenever Hotaru is on screen).

I just wish the creator had had the courage to dump all the cliched non-humor because the parts that depict everyday life from a child's perspective are warm, endearing, and probably the closest we'll ever get to Yotsubato on TV.

Shergal

Kill la Kill 20
Can we talk about how tacky and lame that Junketsu is? I guess it fits with the wearer but that only accentuates the problem.

Non Non Biyori 10

The most :cajun episode of anime since Bunny Drop. Renge and Candy Store are the best, and as usual the slice-of-life depiction of family and friends is one thousand times better and more genuinely relatable than when the show goes full anime(i.e. whenever Hotaru is on screen).

I just wish the creator had had the courage to dump all the cliched non-humor because the parts that depict everyday life from a child's perspective are warm, endearing, and probably the closest we'll ever get to Yotsubato on TV.

Honestly, this is definitely something I can see eye to eye with you. Like... 100 percent.

While I don't exactly "hate" Hotaru, she really... takes things down especially with her beloved senpai.

Branduil

Goddamn it, putting it on backlog now.

Just keep in mind that the show swings wildly from wow-this-is-actually-making-me-cry-like-Anton-Ego-in-Ratatouille to BRB-writing-a-petition-to-change.org-to-ban-anime in quality, although the good parts outnumber the bad so far.

I'll probably just write up a list of the great, good, mediocre, and Hotaru segments when I finish the show.

Link Man

Banned
Shiki 5

*This episode brought to you by R.L. Stine*

Well, these guys certainly excel in creating unlikeable characters, I'll give them that. Honestly, the only reason I'm still watching is that when it gets creepy, it's actually pretty good.

zeroshiki

I'll say one thing to maybe drop some crumbs for Corvo. A renewed interest in FMP because of the success of SRW Z3-1 might just be the kick in the ass Kadokawa needs to finance a new season.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 20

Man, people were calling this shit straight from the start. :lol

Satsuki best, Ryuko worst, etc.

Also, I thought they said last week that the previews were going to be web-only from here on out? Was that only for the TV airings? Guess it'd make sense that they'd be able to leave them in for the streaming versions.

1393546025958uyum1.gif

Kill la Kill 20

Based Gama and the other Devas showing up for the best scene.

Based Takarada's glorious return.

Based Satsuki demonstrating the proper way of being a good protagonist.

Ryuko still a shit.

I want her to be on the receiving end of an ass whooping next week.

Is that CG?

Trigger I don't think you can disappoint me anymore than what you have done with this show.

If you ever make a Little Witch anime call me.

Averon

Sam Flam 18

How does this show gets away with this...and yet makes it work so well? I can't imagine how any other show pull off what this showing is pulling off.

I can't even begin to guess what the last 4 episodes with contain. This show has been one wide ride.

Kamen Rider V3 4

Seems V3 just unlocked his master of trolling abilities, and has 26 secrets.

Also noticed that it has been two episode arcs so far. Not sure if that changes up later on.

Having a mind controlled person kill someone and then commit suicide? Didn't happen, but it was going to if he fucked up. 70s was pretty violent yo.
Then again, Futari wa Precure did have an episode where NotBlack and NotWhite were controlled and was almost forced to kill themselves. That was nuts.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou Ren 8

Pretty good
yuri-tastic
episode. Not Rikka-centric enough, though, especially after last week. Seriously, they drop that moment on us then just don't address it at all this week? C'mon.

Also, hoooooooooly fuck, they weren't kidding about
fake Morisummer stalking Dekomori
. Go back and check out this moment in Episode 4. Specifically, check out the top-right of the screen there.

Bravo, KyoAni, bravo.

EDIT: Also, why does CR keep switching between "banishment" and "vanishment"? Feels like they have multiple people working on this show who don't share notes. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom