• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco - Episode 18

9bhOhWD.jpg

Wow. They really went there. That was really something. It feels pretty satisfying I think. It had all the stupidity and randomness I've come to expect from the series, as well as the human elements which keep it grounded in real emotions and personalities, and now it's like... I dunno... full circle? Maybe not a circle. Maybe some four dimensional cube? I dunno. I think that would have made a relatively good final episode. But there are still 4 episodes left?! What else does this show have installed for us? o_O

Jarmel

Banned
I'll say one thing to maybe drop some crumbs for Corvo. A renewed interest in FMP because of the success of SRW Z3-1 might just be the kick in the ass Kadokawa needs to finance a new season.

I actually would prefer a KyoAni version of Cop Craft over FMP right now. Too bad neither is going to happen.

Are the SRWs non-Nippon friendly?

cnet128

Banned
So what would be the ultimate AnimeGAF-hate anime?

Studio- White Fox
Series director-
Director-
Original story by- Reki Kawahara
Adaptation by- Mari Okada
Character designs- Hisashi Hirai
Art direction-
OST- Sawano
OP- Ali Project
ED-

As somebody already pointed out, I'm sceptical about Okada doing the adaptation because there seems to be a general feeling that her adaptations are much better than her original stories. (I like both, of course, but eh.)

Let's see what I can come up with here...

Studio- Gonzo x NeoGainax
Added filters by- GoHands
Series director- Yutaka Yamamoto ("I've always been a fan of GoHands' work. Their shows look so distinctive I brought them in specially to put the final touches on our episodes. I think you'll agree the result is really eye-catching.")
Director- Yasuomi Umetsu (bringing in Junichi Hayama for the more down-to-earth episodes)
Original concept- Reki Kawahara ("I always wanted to write a serious romance where everyone pilots mechs. If you fall in love in the mech, you fall in love in real life!")
Original story- Mari Okada ("You will believe a giant robot can cry.")
Adaptation- Hiroyuki Yoshino
Character designs- Yasuomi Umetsu
Art direction- I don't even know the difference between all these director roles. What's an art director?
OST- Hiroyuki Sawano
OP- Jinn
ED- Ali Project
Mechs- CG
Episode previews&titles- Toei (Yes, they got in Toei specifically to ruin the episode previews.)
Episodes- 10 (thanks, Kadokawa! It's probably a mercy in this case, though.)

cardfight vanguard until 23

so whats the reason that milky holmes posse seems to cameo in every eps?

I'm guessing the Milky Holmes girls get more screentime in this than they did in Futari wa Milky Holmes, then?

I like Hamburgers. They remind me of Yami no Teio: Kyuuketsuki Dracula.

Oh come on MAL, that's inconsistent romanisation within a single title. Ignoring the long vowel in "Teio(u)" but including it in "Kyu(u)ketsuki"? Really?

Based Masumi Itou is incredibly based <3 (I do love the Jinrui OP as well, though.)

Chuunibyou Ren 8

Also, hoooooooooly fuck, they weren't kidding about
fake Morisummer stalking Dekomori
. Go back and check out this moment in Episode 4. Specifically, check out the top-right of the screen there.

Bravo, KyoAni, bravo.

That's amazing =D

Heartcatch Precure! 16

Drama club drama! Lots of Erika being Erika in this episode so I can't complain. Also it looks like the little sister from episode 14 is hanging out with the Fashion Club and playing with the mascots now, and that's amazing.

zeroshiki

I actually would prefer a KyoAni version of Cop Craft over FMP right now. Too bad neither is going to happen.

Depends what you want to get out of it. If you just want to see robots from series you know beat the crap out of each other, its pretty easy as long as you put some work in to recognize the commands. If you ostensibly want story and stuff, no. The amount of text is comparable to a mini-VN.

They're pretty easy to figure out once you get a feel for the commands ("Move, attack, etc.")

I spent a little time on the wiki (that has a translation for most of the menus) and before I knew it I figured out how to move, attack, what most of the skills do, etc.

Well, SRWZ2 is anyway, that's the only one I played.

JoeFu

Banned
Chuunibyou Ren 8

Pretty good
yuri-tastic
episode. Not Rikka-centric enough, though, especially after last week. Seriously, they drop that moment on us then just don't address it at all this week? C'mon.

Also, hoooooooooly fuck, they weren't kidding about
fake Morisummer stalking Dekomori
. Go back and check out this moment in Episode 4. Specifically, check out the top-right of the screen there.

Bravo, KyoAni, bravo.

EDIT: Also, why does CR keep switching between "banishment" and "vanishment"? Feels like they have multiple people working on this show who don't share notes. :lol

That's really cool. Wonder if she makes an appearance anywhere else.

cajunator

Banned
Satsuki's naked fightscene was lovely~
But my allegiance still lies with Ryuuko.
CURSE THAT HAIR.

Yeah Ryuukos hair is pretty amazing. That red stripe is so great.

Non Non Biyori 10

The most :cajun episode of anime since Bunny Drop. Renge and Candy Store are the best, and as usual the slice-of-life depiction of family and friends is one thousand times better and more genuinely relatable than when the show goes full anime(i.e. whenever Hotaru is on screen).

I just wish the creator had had the courage to dump all the cliched non-humor because the parts that depict everyday life from a child's perspective are warm, endearing, and probably the closest we'll ever get to Yotsubato on TV.

NNB just makes the heart feel better. It is very similar to Usagi Drop in that regard.

fertygo

You can enjoy the gameplay fully with the help of community that translating menu and such, and its fairly simple to navigate the command just with intuition.

For the story though, you not gonna understand shit of it except for the familiar event that you watch from anime of each representative, and the summary from player that can read moonrunes.

I know what show it is, I'm asking about the scene itself. :lol

My NibuxDeko OTP has come to be? Best day ever!

well i'm still angry after episode 4 so i haven't watched the rest yet ...

That reset is UNFORGIVABLE ...

But if this gif is in context i might just watch the remaining episodes.

cnet128

Banned
well i'm still angry after episode 4 so i haven't watched the rest yet ...

That reset is UNFORGIVABLE ...

But if this gif is in context i might just watch the remaining episodes.

I can pretty much guarantee you will enjoy this latest episode. And yeah, the rest of the season has been pretty good too, both on the NibuxDeko side of things and otherwise.

Inari , kon kon Koi iroha - 07

Fushimi , why are you such a pure girl ?
I mean you're so pure that your display of selfishness ( that are in every human ) are affecting you so much that it's making me annoyed

Other than that , nice episode

Kudos to sumizone , that angry expression was priceless.

Sakura Trick 8
A wonderful episode starting with a wedding and ending with closeness at Christmas. Mitsuki was wonderful in her awkward plan to guide Yuu and Haruka together.

Defuser

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1083659

According to the official website, the winners of the 8th Annual Seiyuu Awards have been announced. The ceremony will be hold tomorrow March 1, 2014.

Best Lead Actor
Yuki Kaji

Best Lead Actress
Rina Satou

Best Supporting Actor
Yoshimasa Hosoya

Best Supporting Actress
Yui Ishikawa

Best New Actor
Kaito Ishikawa
Daiki Yamashita

Best New Actress
Maaya Uchida

Best Singing
Mamoru Miyano

Best Personality
None

Most Votes
Hiroshi Kamiya

Special Achievement Award
Kenji Utsumi
Ryouko Kinomiya

Achievement Award
Rokurou Naya
Keaton Yamada

Synergy Award
Mai Fuchigami (Girls und Panzer)

Kei Tomiyama Memorial Award (Topical Award)
Shinichiro Miki

Kids Family Award
Kumiko Higa

Kazue Takahashi Memorial Award
Kotono Mitsuishi

Special Award
Sore Ike! Anpanman (Keiko Toda, Ryusei Nakao)

Source: Seiyuu Awards
Damn you Attack on Titan.

CorvoSol

I'll say one thing to maybe drop some crumbs for Corvo. A renewed interest in FMP because of the success of SRW Z3-1 might just be the kick in the ass Kadokawa needs to finance a new season.

It's basically the only thing left, I think. I mean the manga is done. The novels are done. It appearing in SRWZ3 is a gosh darn miracle to begin with. If we can't get a new season I just hope that Z3-2 will give me the plot of Sigma as best it can so I can bask in the glory of the Laevatein.

cnet128

Banned
Best Supporting Actor
Yoshimasa Hosoya

Can't complain about that. The only thing that would please me more is Suzuki Tatsuhisa.

Are these actor/actress awards for any specific roles, though? The distinction between "Lead" and "Supporting" would imply that they are, but they don't list the actual shows, so... =/

(Of course, given who was picked for three out of the main four, I guess we should just assume Attack on Titan unless proven otherwise >.>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom