• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

It gave anime a boner.

As well as all of AnimeGaf.

tumblr_inline_n1oa4oXd1I1rv5o9g.gif

Defuser

Can't complain about that. The only thing that would please me more is Suzuki Tatsuhisa.

Are these actor/actress awards for any specific roles, though? The distinction between "Lead" and "Supporting" would imply that they are, but they don't list the actual shows, so... =/

(Of course, given who was picked for three out of the main four, I guess we should just assume Attack on Titan unless proven otherwise >.>)
Pretty sure they do in the past.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiyu_Awards

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but I figure it's the place with the most visibility... Anyone pick up the US Yamato 2199 release? How is it? I've been wanting to jump in after the AOTY win but was concerned over the potential version differences.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but I figure it's the place with the most visibility... Anyone pick up the US Yamato 2199 release? How is it? I've been wanting to jump in after the AOTY win but was concerned over the potential version differences.

As far as I know it isn't out yet. And as far as I remember we were all complaining about the bullcrap of them releasing like 4 episodes per blu-ray and charing up the wazoo for each one. So I think that implies nobody here has bought it.

Just like I assume nobody here has bought Fate/Zero.

As far as I know it isn't out yet. And as far as I remember we were all complaining about the bullcrap of them releasing like 4 episodes per blu-ray and charing up the wazoo for each one. So I think that implies nobody here has bought it.

No, several people here have bought Fate/Zero and other Aniplex bargains.

fertygo

WitchCraft Works - 08

God I love this adaptation so much, completely nail the wacko atmosphere.
Looks awesome. Do we still not know who's doing the music for this one?

Yeah I'm also interested, that track in PV sounds delicious and familiar.. Iwasaki again?

Ah! The release date was yesterday and I figured since Rightstuf was offering it they would've done their usual "ship it weeks before street date" deal. It is currently in-stock and available through them (and the official website) so I may just be the guinea pig.

Ah! The release date was yesterday and I figured since Rightstuf was offering it they would've done their usual "ship it weeks before street date" deal. It is currently in-stock and available through them (and the official website) so I may just be the guinea pig.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah I'm not spending 50 bucks on 4 episodes. But I'm very cheap. I'm waiting for the Steins;Gate blu-rays to get a sale before I buy them.

I've been reading comments on the recent Golden Time and I gotta agree with one aspect.

there was no indication Ghost Banri took over. Remember, Ghost Banri gave up on trying to hold on to his own personality by forcing banri to let go of him during the bridge scene. This probably means that without 'two different Banris' the memories had to start returning at some point. The momentary confusion of the flood of memories caused him to freak the fuck out and not realize who he was. Hence why he ran away, recognized Linda and instantly all the regular memories started to flood back. If it had been Ghost Banri he would have had that dead eye goth look. I guess this explains why the preview for the next episode looked like it was regular Golden Time

it's because you're watching a kyoani show. hth.

sigh*

This was a sleeping episode that's why .

-----------------------------

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 06

Not a bad episode ..i guess they are trying to devellop the characters ..i just hope that THIS TIME it's going a little bit fruther ..because they have SUCH A LONG WAY before they reach their goal..

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah I'm not spending 50 bucks on 4 episodes. But I'm very cheap. I'm waiting for the Steins;Gate blu-rays to get a sale before I buy them.
I hear ya. I buy Japanese imports all the time so that's actually an economical price by those standards! Will bite the bullet for you. I'm just loathe to pick up a release that might be edited (not that I know what the differences are between the theatrical and TV presentations) or have awful subtitles. Wish a professional site would put up a review!

Couldn't quite do it alone, but then Space Dandy came along and helped.

As much as I'm enjoying Space Dandy, I don't see it as the savior either. Many of the episodes have fallen flat and the inconsistency of direction and quality makes it hard for me to recommend. The animation is pretty though.

As much as I might get ostracized for it, my definition of savior of anime is aching more to something that is able to bring anime a widespread appeal in all parts of the world, and can do it with a quality that doesn't have to be justified with 'for an anime'. DBZ and Cowboy Bebop brought widespread appeal, with the latter having the quality as well. And Attack on Titan was the closest to that level of appeal, even if the pacing was crap at times.

CorvoSol

As much as I'm enjoying Space Dandy, I don't see it as the savior either. Many of the episodes have fallen flat and the inconsistency of direction and quality makes it hard for me to recommend. The animation is pretty though.

As much as I might get ostracized for it, my definition of savior of anime is aching more to something that is able to bring anime a widespread appeal in all parts of the world, similar to what DBZ or Cowboy Bebop did. And Attack on Titan was the closest to that, even if the pacing was crap at times.

I will throw rocks at you for calling Titan the savior of animu.

I agree that Dandy is all over the place, though. Like visually, sure, looks fine. But I dunno. Half the time the jokes aren't funny, they're just WEIRD, and then sometimes Dandy goes to this place where it's trying to get my feelings? I feel like Space Dandy is sort of suffering an identity crisis behind the scenes, and this even after I acknowledge that it's just supposed to be like episodic toons where the end of the episode doesn't have to have any consequences for the next one.

Samurai Flamenco saved anime and you all know it.

Chuu22222222222 - 07
How dare you stole this bag servant of darknes !!

You'll pay for this !

Meanwhile a very intresting website surfaced ....

Link Man

Banned
There are any number of both serious and joke answers to that, and a billion in-between, though if I had to give a serious one it's probably Mushishi S2.

Right, I should get on watching Season 1 then. I had watched about half of it when it was on Netflix, but stopped because I was getting a bit bored with it. I think I might appreciate it a bit more now.

Oh, and this show has an incredible OP song, I had forgotten that.

Reknoc

Um. Like is there a mythological basis for this or does it fit the same category as JoJo wearing a backwards baseball cap about 100 years before that was a thing?

Yeah okay.

its a fact, and i think the author knows a little bit more about vampires than you

since he is one

I will throw rocks at you for calling Titan the savior of animu.

I agree that Dandy is all over the place, though. Like visually, sure, looks fine. But I dunno. Half the time the jokes aren't funny, they're just WEIRD, and then sometimes Dandy goes to this place where it's trying to get my feelings? I feel like Space Dandy is sort of suffering an identity crisis behind the scenes, and this even after I acknowledge that it's just supposed to be like episodic toons where the end of the episode doesn't have to have any consequences for the next one.

Samurai Flamenco saved anime and you all know it.

It's not the savior animu wants. It's the savior animu deserves

And SD suffers from the issue that it's meant to be a flagship title for every director to do what it wants with it. Since they haven't established an overarching plot to the series by this point outside of the plot set by the baddies, this means that chances are it'll stay as silly as it is. By introducing other characters there's a chance they might make another appearance, but this upcoming episode seems to be the weirdest one in terms of style so far.

CorvoSol

its a fact, and i think the author knows a little bit more about vampires than you

since he is one

Well I have no legitimate rebuttal to this statement.

It's not the savior animu wants. It's the savior animu deserves

Time to burn anime to the ground, then.

So guys, just a thought here, so bear with me: I was wondering if the reason so many of us don't find Ryuko appealing is because we fall outside of the target age group? Cuz I just rewatched Orphen and man, that show's protagonist is an annoying brat, but when I was 15 I loved him. So I wonder if I would find Satsuki less appealing and Ryuko more appealing if I was 15? Just spitballing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom