• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Oh gosh, Atragon. It's one of these things that seems like list material at first but then you find out it's just so bad it's bad.

A supposed Spring list.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/01-1/updated-spring-2014-anime-chart

Even just in a list I can feel the overwhelming awesomeness of Tatsuya from Mahouka. Not sure how people will cope.

tumblr_lnsigeBCXR1qb83ob.gif

Awww yes, majin buu saga.

As do I.

The episode is pretty much exactly how I remember the light novel going. Am wondering if they will have a second festival episode as there was a fair bit more in the light novel.
Well they ar egoing to adapt the end of this book , otherwise there is no point of starting the "fall" events Up until
the last part of episode 25 it's going to be "festival time
No, just the part where I already wanna stab somebody.
Now you should have enough tolerance / enough XP to be alble to continue untill the end . Melody of oblivion is an "experience" like no other.

I liked it, but then I liked that part in the novels. Mostly because I like seeing the characters enjoying regular life in that world and not being involved in 'events'.

Plus I generally enjoy festival episodes of things.
Indeed this is just another way to see how the character adapt themselves in the world and how do they live.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I honestly feel Star Driver has far more problems than Wako, although I will concede that she's fairly terrible.
Star Driver has two pretty good episodes and very little of note happens in between. There's a number of poorly paced character centric arcs in between that try to be Utena-esque but unlike Utena, Star Driver doesn't have anything to say about...anything and as such it's characters are flat and boring and I don't care about anything that goes on in the show. Those were my criticisms at the time anyway as I canna remember the specifics of the series as it was somewhat un-memorable.
But bro, it asks the question that philosophers have been trying to solve for centuries. How can a girl choose between two boys?

Jex

[World Conquest] 8 - Ando Edition

Good storyboarding. Good cakes. Good engrish. Good fighting. Good anime.

fertygo

Kuroko's Basketball S2 - 21

hz78Nk2.jpg

Not every basketball player is either Lebron James or Kevin Durant godammit

Btw this is great eps, they truly improve this match execution than the previous match.. hope they can keep this up.

And because this .gif deserve better than tumblr's filter that DTL posted.

Ic7BaRJ.gif

Dresden

zvezda - 08

First episode I've watched since episode one. Really enjoyable.

+ ando just has a good sense of space in his storyboarding, and the action is always clearly framed without losing its sense of speed or momentum

+ really enjoyed that little encounter in the elevator; nice fast burst of action befitting gunplay

+ dat swordfight - quick cuts to footwork to emphasize movement, so swordstrokey, so stranger

+ great transition from dining room -> street -> fence -> train for the final battle, always with that good regard for staging and environment

+ no pedoshit

+ maaya sakamoto hammying it up

+ PIERRE

Would watch again.

Kettch

zvezda - 08

+ really enjoyed that little encounter in the elevator; nice fast burst of action befitting gunplay

I was actually a little disappointed there. Reminded me of Die Hard with a Vengeance, so I was expecting it to be a bit more awesome.

World Conquest 8

As all the other praise suggests, this was a good episode. It came at an excellent time too because I was getting increasingly bored with this show.

Strike the blood - 20

It seems that last week was the week where
women are killed
but then again it's strike the blood where the setting itself and the plot manage to negate everything that seems like a serious injury.

Still i wonder just how long will aiba be in the dark regarding kojo ... isn't this the right time to put her on the same starting line than the other girls ( even if she won't win ) ?

Andrew J.

STAR DRIVER 25

OR BASICALLY ANIME GAF CAN SUCK IT CUZ THEY WERE FUCKING WRONG ABOUT THIS SHOW

No for reals. Y'all're fucking crazy for not liking this show. Like what the Hell? All the shit anime I've seen recently and you people don't like this? Come on.

Nakama! Gimme a high five.

cajunator

Banned
I saw Utena like, last June? Dang, been nearly a year, now.
I don't care much for the movie.

I will watch Tutu after Kino's as payment for Cajun watching both seasons of FMP.

Yup. Youll like it Raven.

X'amd Dandy looking good: http://imgur.com/a/xDDoV

very good

Madoka magika 1-2 movies

Cheeks_touchingv2.gif

So i'm betting pretty much every scene was redone for this? Anyhow still have all the feels from watching the show, still think the ending was kinda... bullshit?

Was a bit surprised the 2 movies summed up the show... so the 3rd movie is something new?

Yes. Third movie is a completely different story.

Arjuna

There is no other correct answer.

Well...cant argue with a kanno ost in a legendarily bad show.

I don't know what's your favorite anime?
qXLiSq8.gif

All jokes aside I can't remember its name, but there's one anime with top notch animation that sucked really bad, and people say the soundtrack was amazing.

The one with the whiny kid who can pull powers out of others and use them himself. It tried to get all grim dark. Crowns? Tears? Some crao like that. You know the one. It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Guilty Crown ._.

Theonik

Mecha fans-Magical girl fans
Tomato-oranges
Good avatar.

FUN FACT: Utena would probably be higher on my backlog if I hadn't watched Star Driver :(
Watch it anyway. You shant regret it!

Branduil not watching Utena after all these years makes him the most horrible poster here. :(
Wouldn't that be firehawk12?

Hitokage's dismay? He's always commenting on him removing his anime related avatars for example though,haha.
Well there is that, and then there is that particular conversation!

The people who like Funimation's chop-job Space Dandy OP more than the real one make me sad. :(
Wait. The Funi version is cut?

Jex

What is surprising, however, is every single scene in ever single episode of Xabungle. This show is legitimately insane because nearly every sequence needs to feature at least three sight gags. It's so damn wacky for no reason at all! Tomino really, really likes gags, regardless of context.

Edit: Oh god, now space Indians are attacking.

Nisekoi 8
A fun episode with Tsugumi. Chitoge is stupid a lot of the time. Not realizing it was love despite every other person including Raku, possibly the king of ignorance, realizing it and forgetting about her first love completely are pretty stupid

Black Lagoon 1
A fairly fun high-paced action show about a group of mercenaries. It seems interesting enough so I'm going to continue watching

Black Lagoon 2
Pretty cool. Doing over the top things like firing a torpedo at a gunship is pretty interesting and I like how Rock is acting like a normal businessman asking the ship they are trying to steal to stop at the end

JoeFu

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball S2 - 21

Btw this is great eps, they truly improve this match execution than the previous match.. hope they can keep this up.

And because this .gif deserve better than tumblr's filter that DTL posted.

Ic7BaRJ.gif

lol isn't that an up and down on Hyuuga? looks like he passes after he lands

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 7

Moralia goes down in spectacular style with all the Gundams steamrolling everything in their way. Ali Al-Saachez is a madman, he's intersting but mad.
He made Setsuna kill who I am assuming to be his mother. Heavy stuff there.

Midonin

Nobunagun 09

Having an episode away from the battles and focusing on one of the elements that drew me into the series from the first episode - the strong, just about yuri level friendship from Sio and Kaoru - was a welcome change of pace. Sio
somehow being able to use her Nobunaga powers without an AU Ball is also an interesting twist. What exactly is different about her?

Space dandy - 08

if there is one thing EVERY episode of space dandy get right its the music ...

Man this episode music was magnificent ...

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 06
Key plot point last all of 30 seconds before the show turns into a story about quantum underwear.

How do you write a story like this and not want to kill yourself with shame? On the plus side it was Char but even still.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 06
Key plot point last all of 30 seconds before the show turns into a story about quantum underwear.

How do you write a story like this and not want to kill yourself with shame? On the plus side it was Char but even still.

wait wait , let me look for my favorite book "quantum physics for the perverted" and i'll answer this question..

Theonik

Infinite Stratos 2 - 06

These people write IS. If they haven't so far they won't now.

wait wait , let me look for my favorite book "quantum physics for the perverted" and i'll answer this question..
Schroedinger's thought experiment can be expressed entirely using panties.

CorvoSol

I genuinely thought Heroes was a great show when it was about HRG and Hiro and Claire and Peter shackled by having really crappy leech powers.

Season 1 of Heroes was good, I think. Everything after, though? I mean, the moment Peter started gaining too much screen time the show was over with.

Glass Fleet has a pretty good OST. And Arjuna has already been mentioned multiple times.

Brain Powerd might deserve a spot on the list if I ever finish it.

Everything I know about Brain Powerd I learned playing SRWJ.

I honestly feel Star Driver has far more problems than Wako, although I will concede that she's fairly terrible.

Star Driver has two pretty good episodes and very little of note happens in between. There's a number of poorly paced character centric arcs in between that try to be Utena-esque but unlike Utena, Star Driver doesn't have anything to say about...anything and as such it's characters are flat and boring and I don't care about anything that goes on in the show. Those were my criticisms at the time anyway as I canna remember the specifics of the series as it was somewhat un-memorable.

So now that it's been hours and I don't feel like being a silly dick about it, I can readily concede that Star Driver has its flaws. While I think the West and East Maidens were pretty well written arcs, and I confess I am biased to Mrs. Watanabe and her posse, people like Kou and Madoka, or the entire dormitory crew were pretty much duds.

I can't really bring myself to fault the series for lacking a deeper message, though, because I feel like sometimes mecha shows try to include one and it poisons them to their core. I appreciated Star Driver almost specifically because it chose not to, and embraced its own stupidity.

To me, though, the biggest weakness was Wako. If she'd had more personality, and if her relationship woes had held more weight, I think I'd have cared more for her and her love triangle. Then again, as time goes on I don't think I like love triangles as much anymore.

But bro, it asks the question that philosophers have been trying to solve for centuries. How can a girl choose between two boys?

P. sure I saw this one written in Plato's notes.

Nakama! Gimme a high five.

s9AAOMN.gif

Theonik

So it seems that anime limited finally broke silence about the situation with the Mai Mai Miracle soundtrack on the kickstarter.
Turns out their negotiations is showing they'll need to hit 105k to make it happen. They are at 88k with 5 days left. The plan is to offer it for everyone on the $45 tiers or higher.
Here is the update

Mr.Jeff

infinite Stratos 2 - 07-09

Mostly pretty boring episodes which ignore the impending doom and gloom plot for a surprise tournament arc of all things. All of this to introduce a new Houki-tier character in the form of Tatenashi's sister.
I could withstand her up until the point of episode 9 when she
nearly gets her sister killed for being FUCKING USELESS. How dare you kill off the best character with your incompetence?! If she ends up becoming a background character of no value, you have blood on your hands you bitch.

Why is this series a thing. Why. Why anime.

Kyuur

Nisekoi 8

Shu continues to be the best character. He laughs in the face of death.

Is weapon-girl a common trope? Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of romcom type stuff. The other place I've seen it is in Nichijou.

Narag

Infinite Stratos 2 - 06

Takes true bravery to be as audacious as they were here.

duckroll

Noragami - Episode 9

That was surprisingly emotional considering how much I dislike Yukine as a character. I guess the character development for the cast they've done for the last 8 episodes must have worked, because I actually felt upset that his seemingly innocuous crimes are causing these characters so much harm, and his unwillingness to admit it made things worse. This has to be one of the best performances I've heard from Yuki Kaji. The running joke from everyone is that he's really only good at screaming and shouting. Maybe that's true. It worked really well here though.

In many ways, this episode felt like something which the entire series has been leading up to. Even without having a lengthy heart to heart talk, I think this ordeal solidifies the relationship between Yato, Yukine, and Hyori. Yukine should now understand his role, and a deeper understanding of the relationship they all share. I guess all that's left for the series now is the endgame which Nora has been preparing. With the emotional stuff more or less tied up, I hope there's a lot of good action in the climax. This series has really surpassed all my expectations.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 19

Episode of family visit to farm. Not the most exciting episode in the world, but it was entertaining watching Erika getting excited by vegetables and Tsubomi getting really into her role as a roving cameraman always on the lookout for shutter chances.

Also face frog. That was amusing. (Poor Erika...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom