• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Lagoon 3
And now the Black lagoon crew live their daily lives before getting sent on a trap which they overcome with almost no issues. Russian lady beats up Mr. Chin and all ends up well

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos 2 - 10-End

I could write pages and pages about how utterly terrible the writing was for the climax to the series was such as firing giant particle beams down into an inhabited city and how they managed to use their mechs long enough to go from day to night despite having limited fuel but I can't be bothered.

This is a terrible show with a terrible plot, a terrible MC, terrible CG and animation. It's only saving grace was Char, Laura and Tatenashi who are all stuck in a useless series instead of being in an alternate universe as buddy cop team.
Presumably the light novel series must have better pacing somewhere with it's plot but god knows how.

For now, I might take Zach up on the watchbet for SW2 in return for him watching Crest of the Stars. Perhaps even get Theonik to watch the terrible mystery series I have in reserve for him.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa*2 1

iJw5S8sJfTTSC.jpg

Just as fun as the first series so far.

For now, I might take Zach up on the watchbet for SW2 in return for him watching Crest of the Stars. Perhaps even get Theonik to watch the terrible mystery series I have in reserve for him.
I'm just about done with another show so I'll get back to you. In any case: yessssssssssssssssss.

Black Lagoon 3
And now the Black lagoon crew live their daily lives before getting sent on a trap which they overcome with almost no issues. Russian lady beats up Mr. Chin and all ends up well

You're in for a treat, that's one of my favorite anime. Certain arcs aren't all that great and drag on a bit, like the nazi one, but everything else is fantastic. Pretty sure Nazi arc is the first one so just get past that one.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 20

Quite the eventful episode! The Heart Tree gave birth to a new fairy called Potpourri who is somewhat Porun-esque, a fact about which you won't see me complaining. We also got our first glimpse of the Big Bad behind the Big Bad - an intriguing fellow named Dune - as well as a brief tantalising flashback glimpse of Cure Flower in her prime. And now the hunt for the third Cure is on! It's gotta be Itsuki, right? Please be Itsuki.

Oh, and this episode also contained modelling antics. Momoka tricking Tsubomi into the perfect natural smile was cute.

NORN9 is getting an anime. Ive been hoping for so long for it. (+vita games).
tumblr_inline_n1thsxQDk61ry12fy.jpg

Synopsis:
The story takes place a little in the future. Guided by one particular song, young elementary school student Suzuhara Sorata, from the Heisei Era, is warped through a time skip to an unfamiliar place that looks much like the towns from the Meiji or Taishou period from his textbooks. In this world, he meets three young ladies and nine young men and joins them on a journey aboard the mysterious Norn ship, a giant globe that floats in midair.

Game main cast:
Sorata Suzuhara: Atsushi Abe

(Heroines)
Koharu: Ayumi Fujimura
Mikoto Kuga: Ayahi Takagaki
Nanami Shiranui: Asami Seto

(Heroes)
Kakeru Yuiga: Yuki Kaji
Senri Ichinose: Hiro Shimono
Touya Masamune: Takuya Satou

Natsuhiko Azuma: Daisuke Ono
Sakuya Nijou: Mitsuki Saiga
Itsuki Kagami: Kouji Yusa

Shukuri Akito: Sugiyama Noriaki
Ron Muroboshi: Tomokazu Sugita
Heishi Otomaru: Hiroyuki Yoshino

Midonin

Wizard Barristers 08

So Cecil's got some mild amnesia about the thing. I'm sure it has something to do with this vague great power sleeping inside her, though we're only a few episodes away from the end, and a few more concrete hints on what it is would be appreciated. Finding out more about her family and her past was appreciated, and something is definitely up with Moyoyon. I just need to know what it is everyone's gunning after.

Noragami 9

A well done episode, where we see everybody who owes Yato one thing or another converge together to try and
save him by cleansing Yukine
. The soundtrack showed its face once more in this episode, god I love it.

Hiyori has become a good character and it seems like Yukine can finally stop being a little bitch and become likable for the 3-4 episodes we have left. Looks like the next episode is partially a comedy one. Which I won't mind as long as it doesn't take away screen time from the anime original final act.

Every episode of Space Dandy is the best and worst episode.
I dunno man, the little alien girl episode was fantastic and I didn't see any faults with it.

I'm just pointing out that regardless of the quality, every episode has people calling it the best or worst episode.

Oh. Then yeah it definitely seems that way. This recent episode had the acid trip moment and the art style was much more different than the others. I thought it was good in its own weird way, though I haven't seen anybody mention how
Dandy basically killed a whole race in a planet

Hajime no Ippo Rising 21

Art didn't suffer as much this week. Takamura is too strong. Blind does nothing to him when it comes down to faith

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So it seems that anime limited finally broke silence about the situation with the Mai Mai Miracle soundtrack on the kickstarter.
Turns out their negotiations is showing they'll need to hit 105k to make it happen. They are at 88k with 5 days left. The plan is to offer it for everyone on the $45 tiers or higher.
Here is the update
I'm still debating the artbook... probably shouldn't get it though.

Jex

Meanwhile, this is the always clumsy for no reason main villain The Man With No Name Mr Tipp:

tipp0iri6.gif

I could go on, just about forever, but I won't. This show.

Midonin

Saki The Nationals 08

The battle of monocle vs mask commences. Nodoka didn't do a whole lot. I did like finding out Sae's past. Everybody's got their own stories, and hers, with the small mahjong club that rose to fame with the help of a new teacher ended up being kinda heartwarming. The last match is upon us, and whoever Saki goes up against, it's almost certainly intense.

Midonin

Tonari no Seki-kun 09

The episodes where Yokoi gets emotionally involved are the best ones, and seeing her be so smug about the art of sewing is the kind of thing that could leave me in stitches. Sharp observations of cacti and her smugness about sewing are simply amusing to watch.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Infinite Stratos 2 - 06
Key plot point last all of 30 seconds before the show turns into a story about quantum underwear.

How do you write a story like this and not want to kill yourself with shame? On the plus side it was Char but even still.

infinite Stratos 2 - 07-09

Mostly pretty boring episodes which ignore the impending doom and gloom plot for a surprise tournament arc of all things. All of this to introduce a new Houki-tier character in the form of Tatenashi's sister.
I could withstand her up until the point of episode 9 when she
nearly gets her sister killed for being FUCKING USELESS. How dare you kill off the best character with your incompetence?! If she ends up becoming a background character of no value, you have blood on your hands you bitch.

Why is this series a thing. Why. Why anime.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 10-End

I could write pages and pages about how utterly terrible the writing was for the climax to the series was such as firing giant particle beams down into an inhabited city and how they managed to use their mechs long enough to go from day to night despite having limited fuel but I can't be bothered.

This is a terrible show with a terrible plot, a terrible MC, terrible CG and animation. It's only saving grace was Char, Laura and Tatenashi who are all stuck in a useless series instead of being in an alternate universe as buddy cop team.
Presumably the light novel series must have better pacing somewhere with it's plot but god knows how.

You survived! I'd call you a winner but IS teaches an important lesson:
No One Wins. NO ONE.

I would pay good fucking money for a Laura/Char Buddy Cop spin-off.
1390167176418.png

Like, I'd kickstart this shit out of that.

Tonari No Seki Kun 09

Tonari No Cactus-kun. Also I was really hoping she'd do an ojou-sama laugh considering how cocky she was the whole episode haha.

OOOOOOOOOO HO HO HO HO HO HO

Gazoinks

Jojo 1

DIO!

DIO! DIO! DIO!

DIIIIIOOOOO!

Although it made the pacing of this episode feel a little weird, I'm glad they got all the child stuff out of the way quickly so we can get to the better parts of Phantom Blood faster. Next episode: SPEEDWAGON INTERFERES COOLLY.

Bonus: Unlike the manga, the kids actually look like kids!

Nobunagun 9
That was an okay episode. Asao and Sio finally meet again. There was a bit of escalation too and Sio has the ability to use her powers without an AU ball albeit very limited
No Asao-san, no. The better couple is between her and you

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Don't know what ducky and co are smoking, Zvezda ep 8 is still just as bad as all the other episodes, still the worst show of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom