• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Space Dandy - 9
This is what I signed up for. Glad this show isn't the one trick pony people suspected early on. Next episode looks goooood.

Articalys

Separate from Minori Chihara's character's random bouts of singing, I decided to drop ZA FOORU anyway. Miyano's not being nearly fabulous enough and even Sugita da Vinci isn't enough to keep me interested anymore.
I'll probably check back for the OP2 by JAM Project though.

cajunator

Banned
infinite Stratos 2 - 07-09

Mostly pretty boring episodes which ignore the impending doom and gloom plot for a surprise tournament arc of all things. All of this to introduce a new Houki-tier character in the form of Tatenashi's sister.
I could withstand her up until the point of episode 9 when she
nearly gets her sister killed for being FUCKING USELESS. How dare you kill off the best character with your incompetence?! If she ends up becoming a background character of no value, you have blood on your hands you bitch.

Why is this series a thing. Why. Why anime.

The answer is because IT SELLS.
However Date a Live will rescue us all.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 10-End

I could write pages and pages about how utterly terrible the writing was for the climax to the series was such as firing giant particle beams down into an inhabited city and how they managed to use their mechs long enough to go from day to night despite having limited fuel but I can't be bothered.

This is a terrible show with a terrible plot, a terrible MC, terrible CG and animation. It's only saving grace was Char, Laura and Tatenashi who are all stuck in a useless series instead of being in an alternate universe as buddy cop team.
Presumably the light novel series must have better pacing somewhere with it's plot but god knows how.

For now, I might take Zach up on the watchbet for SW2 in return for him watching Crest of the Stars. Perhaps even get Theonik to watch the terrible mystery series I have in reserve for him.

Well you successfully identified the top 3.

You're finally starting to understand.

Now hurry up and watch Princess Tutu already damnit.

This. Corvy kuuuuuun

To be fair in that scene they were practicing for a musical. But I laughed nonetheless. Her horrible voice was beautiful.

I can back up Princess Tutu solely because Neko-sensei is a whole thing.

"If you fail..."[/I]
c2HyThR.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 21:

Not really a whole lot to say about this one, really just an extension of last week's episode as we finally get to that grand summer tournament, you apparently can't be a shonen program without one.

cnet128

Banned
Noragami 9

That was a damn fine episode. There was nothing particularly surprising about how things played out, but they really sold it incredibly well. Emotional as fuck. Major kudos to Hiyori for
resisting the temptation to seek help from Nora, as well, because I had a nasty feeling that was where things were heading once they ran into the whole "can't find a third Shinki" issue, but the solution she came up with was much better.

cajunator

Banned
Or we can all stop whining and enjoy this three-minute preview of the Mikakunin de Shinkoukei OVA.

(note: contains hot springs scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVmzN1TSPg

And since it's now Monday, March 3 in Japan, the official site put up an illustration for Hinamatsuri:

I dontl ike hot springs episodes but thats really cute.

Frighteningly right on all counts. Somehow, Nafe, I can only guess that your fetish is knowing what everyone's fetishes are.

Now if only Regulus would come back so we could have more misty-eyed conversations on all of the hot 90s fashion in Sailor Moon.

Shiro in Deadman Wonderland kills me but, yeah, just like Blazblue I thought it was a trainwreck. I remember you kindly pointing out to me that the characters in Yuushibu also had colored eyelashes, but I might have lasted five minutes. Clearly, I still have limits even when I'm being pandered to.

Sailor Moon has some very very nice wardrobes for the girls. Very nice.

That sounds more like Disney thing than anime.

Yeah its more disney and I love it.

Maybe saying 'trope' was a bit too much, but it certainly has happened in anime I watch. I mention it too because I got reminded of what my friend said last time, coincidentally, after watching Frozen (though he specified he didn't mind it in Frozen since it was a musical for the most part). Recent example is Nobunaga the Fool. The sister just walks out of the house, starts singing, then that's her role for the episode. Besides that one I couldn't pinpoint specific shows unless I went back through the list of things I've seen and remembered.

It's just a thing that bothers me, and at least with the western media I watch for the most part it's not an issue. But I am much pickier with the movies/tv shows I watch from the west than with anime. It doesn't help that I think anime just wants to rub idol culture into my face, so I imagine they find an idol and tell her 'please sing!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWXiWXjtfo
Best.

Jex

There's a certain trope in anime that makes me cringe a lot. The one where a character starts singing really loud for no reason. Nobody does that. I don't go out with a friend and look at a horizon and start singing my heart out.

You could probably start a fairly popular OT thread with that title.

cnet128

Banned
Space Dandy 9

Well, that was trippy.

Good episode. Possibly even the best one we've had yet. It was just such a visual treat.

Also the little girl plant was pretty moe, lol.

jman2050

Make the topic, be as stereotypically close-minded and arrogantly dismissive as possible and see how long it takes people to figure out what we're doing.

Noragami 9
A fair amount of drama. Now,
Yato and Yukine have reconciled in time for the fight with the anime only character. That thing on Yukine was pretty surprising

Mr.Jeff

Trails in the Sky is a pretty fun game. One of my favorite things is that there's funny little messages after you open a treasure chest like "Nope.Still Empty" and "Once wasn't enough for you? You double dipper!" Haha. Just a bunch of funny little messages like that.
It's little touches like that that really help make the game. I was blown away when I realised they changed every single message for all the chests.

Well you successfully identified the top 3.
Of course, it's well known that my taste in waifus is perfect.*

*not really

cajunator

Banned
It's little touches like that that really help make the game. I was blown away when I realised they changed every single message for all the chests.

Of course, it's well known that my taste in waifus is perfect.*

*not really

To be fair, the top 3 in IS is a quite easy and obvious answer.

Pooya

noragami 9

Yukine is just the symbol of the production team, they're really sorry showing all these tail butt shots and promise not to do it again. It's ok.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunagun Episode 9:

God damn it, I think I might have to put ship tease episodes as my least favorite type of episode now. At least one where where noting is advanced and all the audience gets is a metaphorical case of blue balls. The kind of ship tease that The Avatar franchise loves to dole out in spades. This episode just left me irritated and exasperated since it is very clear that they want to make Asao and Shio a couple but lack the nerve to go ahead and do it.

Quasar

There's a certain trope in anime that makes me cringe a lot. The one where a character starts singing really loud for no reason. Nobody does that. I don't go out with a friend and look at a horizon and start singing my heart out.

Is there really much anime with people bursting into song? I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

I thought the episode was hilarious.

Its funny how like half of the first team were total unknowns. Show really focuses hard on like the dozen relevant players and the rest of the guys are completely irrelevant.

Yeah, I thought that part was funny. First bunch was I know these guys and then it suddenly starts being who are these guys.

I guess it's just different from Ookiku which has a small team and you really get to know everyone.

Is there really much anime with people bursting into song? I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

Like I said earlier, trope wasn't the right word, but I've seen it enough it bothers me. And it's usually just one character who just NEEDS to sing when nothing else in the show called for it. Or she's a shy girl but when she's along she sings really loud, but that could be heard everywhere really, shy people wouldn't sing at that volume level in a public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom