• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I thought that part was funny. First bunch was I know these guys and then it suddenly starts being who are these guys.

I guess it's just different from Ookiku which has a small team and you really get to know everyone.

Isnt is just different setups, Seido is a an established team while in Oofuri, Nishiura is the schools first baseball team with barely any extras.

Syrinx

Magic Knight Reyearth 6

Presea nooooooo!

Fuck that little kid villain shit, crying over his dead caterpillar monster thing going all "Ohmargahd how could they do this to you?!" How 'bout because you sent it to kill them, you punk-ass little motherfucker? Not to mention it killed their friend who made their weapons. But yeah, it's their fault. I hope they dump a vial of sulfuric acid into your ear canal.

Wonder what this shit's motive for working for Zagato. Maybe he's in love with him too.

Branduil

-_- Whats the name of this anime?

Brain Powerd

im1DXBtG0kGhr.gif

cajunator

Banned
Magic Knight Reyearth 6

Presea nooooooo!

Fuck that little kid villain shit, crying over his dead caterpillar monster thing going all "Ohmargahd how could they do this to you?!" How 'bout because you sent it to kill them, you punk-ass little motherfucker? Not to mention it killed their friend who made their weapons. But yeah, it's their fault. I hope they dump a vial of sulfuric acid into your ear canal.

Wonder what this shit's motive for working for Zagato. Maybe he's in love with him too.

Being a car nut, I notice all the car names.
Zagato, Presea, Windham, Ceres, Ascot, Clef, Caldina, THEY ARE ALL CAR NAMES>
A pretty cool little fact about this show.

Haikyuu!! new cm was fantastic!
tumblr_n1svvf644u1sgbou5o5_500.jpg

Looks nice, but I don't know why they have to use a CG ball, I want to see the odd quick strike animated. That Wii U commercial after. lol

I thought the episode was hilarious.

Its funny how like half of the first team were total unknowns
. Show really focuses hard on like the dozen relevant players and the rest of the guys are completely irrelevant.

Adachi does this a lot too.

cnet128

Banned
Kino no Tabi 9

I...I don't think I can write impressions of this episode. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Books, how do they work @_@

Nonsense. Yuu Isami is a clever and quick-witted protagonist.

[IM]http://i.minus.com/iMvkQ1n5dJrpy.gif[/IMG]

This guy is giving Shiro a run for his money on the "Most Competent Protagonist in Anime"

And FSN's Shiro was the one who via a hypothesis and experimentation, discovered what has eluded biologists for decades.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 – The King's Candidate
tumblr_n1t1mprxNu1qhbxuqo5_500.png
tumblr_n1t1mprxNu1qhbxuqo3_500.png

Lord Kouha deserves to be king, how everyone just wanted to be around him and glad to serve him even begging to be praised by him and caressed, so lucky. Of all the candidates proposed he is certainly the most deserving, even wanting to protect his troops and feeling bad for letting them down. Not even willing to give up to flee but holding and standing firm even. Best episode thus far and best action and backstory all anime. This episode truly defines magi and shows exactly why it is in the upper echelon of shounen action series.

I can never tire of him speaking either.

non magicians still highlighted just how bad they are even in this time of war, how could they say that to Mogamett but at the same time beg him for relief. I dont see why Magicians ought to owe them anything

Kimi no Iru Machi OVA #1 (Gonzo adaptation)

One of the most memorable chapters in the manga and they didn't do it justice. The timing is really off when they cut to the characters' reactions. For some reason they decide to cut to some pointless leaf in the water first -- trying to convey some stupid message or symbolism and then the reaction, which comes so much later after the conversation. Man these guys dropped the ball so hard on the entire adaptation. The tatsunoko ovas were way better.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 21

The hunt for the third Precure continues! And gets, er, a bit out of hand.

Potpourri tries (and fails) to recruit basically everyone. Including Ban-kun. Good job Potpourri.

Notably he didn't try to recruit Itsuki, though. Chalk up another positive sign.

Articalys

Kimi no Iru Machi OVA #1 (Gonzo adaptation)

One of the most memorable chapters in the manga and they didn't do it justice. The timing is really off when they cut to the characters' reactions. For some reason they decide to cut to some pointless leaf in the water first -- trying to convey some stupid message or symbolism and then the reaction, which comes so much later after the conversation. Man these guys dropped the ball so hard on the entire adaptation. The tatsunoko ovas were way better.
You know the other reason why the Tatsunoko OVAs were better? IIRC they
actually slightly retconned the end of the arc they adapted (the class trip) to have a happier ending, implying Haruto and Eba kept in contact.

edit: also they had the advantage of Miyuki Sawashiro in a bit part as younger Haruto.

Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time Episode 9

Certainly is as boring as knitting can possible be. This is starting to be as funny as Nichijou was, in which less than 5% of skits were actually funny.

I wonder which one is better at talking to women.

Well Shirou wins that one since no matter how many times the audience is convinced that he's an idiot and a horrible protagonist that brings down what could've been a much better story, the ladies are still dick riding [OBAMAAAAAAA OBAMAAAAAAAAA] him because he's so brave and honorable.

Ok. Guess I'll watch with subs then. Thanks.

As you may have noticed, GAF is not a fan. I feel it's at least worth a watch.

Theonik

Well Shirou wins that one since no matter how many times the audience is convinced that he's an idiot and a horrible protagonist that brings down what could've been a much better story, the ladies are still dick riding [OBAMAAAAAAA OBAMAAAAAAAAA] him because he's so brave and honorable.
iJrn9zn8nFz3x.png

Wizard Barristers 8
I starting to get annoyed with this show. Maple Syrup because that makes it Canada is really stupid in addition to
the other people from the office getting attacked by the guide while Cecil and Hotaru getting attacked by the girl they gave a ride to. The girl's reasoning was rather stupid seeing her father committed a crime. Then they just exploded before revealing the "big bad" presumably by the time-freezing girl and then we are shown the "big bad" talking about some sort of catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom