• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Symbionic Titan 10

The Infamous Booty Quake Episode.

iQFJkSF.gif

Pretty obvious Newton was supposed to be the main character, not Lance and Ilana.

JWgX27K.gif

The look on Lance and Ilana's faces in this shot is priceless.

PvNbjrc.gif

I really liked this montage. And not just because there's nothing more pure than the love between a giant robot and a teenage girl.

F3cM25Q.gif

Also I feel sorry for anybody who sees this episode and still doesn't like this show.

So pretty much Symbionic Titan is an amazing cartoon and I love it.

Urusei Yatsura - 53

Suddenly Spirited Away. I'm not as greedy as Ataru, I would want from my dream job just two paid vacations
each of six months

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 22

something something gardening something something green curtain something
Itsuki is totally the third Cure fuck yeah

Nobunaga the Fool Episode 8: Wands
Bhw7nk5CUAAHB0f.png

The wand certainly was fantastic. The regalia need to continue to bless us more and more with new powers. The blurring effect of the light around it too.

Good fight as Julius caesar riding a mecha horse was fun.

Gazoinks

Good fight as Julius caesar riding a mecha horse was fun.
Can't say this was a sentence I ever thought I'd read.

Jojo 2-3

This is honestly much more entertaining than reading Phantom Blood was. It's faster paced and less ugly, despite the limited animation. And it features Roundabout.

I love how Speedwagon just sort of shows up and everyone immediately takes it for granted that he's the sidekick now. Also how Jojo's response to Dio freaking out and punching him is "His reaction is unnatural" while standing there with Dio's fist buried in his cheek.

CorvoSol

Higurashi Kai 15

Am I supposed to feel sorry for her? Because I don't.
Oh, you had a horrible childhood, Miyo? Well considering the HILARIOUS number of bad childhoods you've caused I'd say that the one parasite left in this show is YOU, you psychotic, vicious bitch. Well, you, Hojou Teppei and Onibaba Sonozaki.

As you may have noticed, GAF is not a fan. I feel it's at least worth a watch.

Well... I have no idea what it's about. All I know is that there's a pink haired yandere and that it's probably something different than I usually watch, so why not. Didn't know if people here liked it or not either before now.

Theonik

Well... I have no idea what it's about. All I know is that there's a pink haired yandere and that it's probably something different than I usually watch, so why not. Didn't know if people here liked it or not either before now.
I made a 200 word rant on its ending here before. It really is crap.
It's the kind of show that just pulls shit out its arse to try and be edgy but with no real payoff.
Also the kind of show that thinks that rape is the best way to characterise your female cast.
Just a ball of awful.

CorvoSol

I made a 200 word rant on its ending here before. It really is crap.
It's the kind of show that just pulls shit out its arse to try and be edgy but with no real payoff.
Also the kind of show that thinks that rape is the best way to characterise your female cast.
Just a ball of awful.

Tomino thinks evil brainwashing and violent death are the way to go for your female cast, soooo.

Fun bet: if Loran Cehak had been a woman like Tomino wanted, she never would've lived to see the end of the series.

Theonik

Tomino thinks evil brainwashing and violent death are the way to go for your female cast, soooo.

Fun bet: if Loran Cehak had been a woman like Tomino wanted, she never would've lived to see the end of the series.
No like
almost every hostile female character in the manga is this way because she was raped which is also something we have to see graphically too. One of them was also like 10 at them time. Shit's sick.

The toys the network didn't bother to create, mind you.

Yeah I was gonna say. It's not like it's hard to come up with toy ideas for a SUPER ROBOT MONSTER OF THE WEEK show.

I think the issue was that it was clearly targeted at an older demographic. I mean the way the show is it seems to be targeted towards older teens/young adults. But the issue was that unlike anime, you probably can't make a show of this premise (usually targeted at kids) and not expect to sell toys. I imagine CN saw the age demographic of who was watching (which weren't that big in #'s anyways) and thought they wouldn't be able to make a quick buck out of it.

The issue truly lies with Genndy bringing these shows to Cartoon Network. They require more budget than a show Adult Swim would be able to produce, and I don't think another network would risk producing shows like these.

As to the talk of the female cast in Mirai Nikki, it admittedly isn't the best as everyone except one or two seem to have some underlying issue. I don't think there was a single normal character in that show outside of Yuki though.

Theonik

Well yes. The utter stupid depravity of the show isn't limited to its female cast not is its complete disregard for any reason or being watch-able.

CorvoSol

I think the issue was that it was clearly targeted at an older demographic. I mean the way the show is it seems to be targeted towards older teens/young adults. But the issue was that unlike anime, you probably can't make a show of this premise (usually targeted at kids) and not expect to sell toys. I imagine CN saw the age demographic of who was watching (which weren't that big in #'s anyways) and thought they wouldn't be able to make a quick buck out of it.

The issue truly lies with Genndy bringing these shows to Cartoon Network. They require more budget than a show Adult Swim would be able to produce, and I don't think another network would risk producing shows like these.

I don't know where Genndy could go other than CN. Which is a shame, cuz dude has the gift, man. So many if my favorite cartoons growing up were Tartakovsky's stuff. I really like Regular Show and Adventure Time, but Tartakovsky is a guy with some real range and talent. Also it's been obvious since Dexter's Lab that he has a thing for anime.

I don't know where Genndy could go other than CN. Which is a shame, cuz dude has the gift, man. So many if my favorite cartoons growing up were Tartakovsky's stuff. I really like Regular Show and Adventure Time, but Tartakovsky is a guy with some real range and talent. Also it's been obvious since Dexter's Lab that he has a thing for anime.

I feel that shows like his had an easier time getting funded in the 90's when animation wasn't dominated by flash-based and cheaper looking shows. Nowadays though? Yeah he doesn't really have that many options. National channels won't produce this stuff, and in cable tv the two options are CN or Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon has the Avatar series, but that's marketed to all ages really.

His real option is going to Japan with his team.

madp you lost your avatar somewhere. :(

Urusei Yatsura - 55

The famous story of Miyamoto Musashi Ataru Moroboshi, may his tales be spread through Japan
restaurants
I liked Hoshizora Cycling more. :(

CorvoSol

Macross II part 4

Oh GOD it's like if you replaced Hikaru with Kaifun and a bad dub job. That's what this show is. I believe a man in the Bible once asked "Has any good thing come from Macross?"

The Wind Rises loses to Frozen for the Best Animated Feature Academy Award, as expected.

To be fair the whole world was praising Frozen. I can't remember how many 'Let it Go' covers I saw posted in my facebook and youtube list. This is a big win for the non-Pixar Disney animated studio. This means that they've become the new Pixar since Pixar has made nothing but crap recently.

Articalys

To be fair the whole world was praising Frozen. I can't remember how many 'Let it Go' covers I saw posted in my facebook and youtube list. This is a big win for the non-Pixar Disney animated studio. This means that they've become the new Pixar since Pixar has made nothing but crap recently.
Well yeah, I wasn't saying Frozen is a bad movie. One good film beat another.

Narag

Yeah, shitty theatriacl poster and all the net hype put me off Frozen for the longest while. Ended up going to see it since I'm on a movie kick lately and was surprised it was mostly warranted. Pixar's just disappointing anymore. the king is dead long live the king

Well yeah, I wasn't saying Frozen is a bad movie. One really great film beat another.

Yeah, shitty theatriacl poster and all the net hype put me off Frozen for the longest while. Ended up going to see it since I'm on a movie kick lately and was surprised it was mostly warranted. Pixar's just disappointing anymore. the king is dead long live the king

It also must've been the first disney movie with princesses where
the female protagonist didn't end up with the first handsome guy they met

But it wasn't a shocker considering who was in the posters.

Narag

It also must've been the first disney movie with princesses where
the female protagonist didn't end up with the first handsome guy they met

But it wasn't a shocker considering who was in the posters.

Only ever noticed the snowman on the poster and had no idea how things were going to go. Felt good to get an honest surprise.

Syrinx

Nichijou 15

Why is Professor so cruel to Nano?

Science teacher on the run now. Tazing a student is generally frowned upon.

Noragami Episode 9

I thought this was a perfect episode so was shocked when people on various anime communities accused it of being too shounen or yukine needed to be slapped
and killed
. I cant. In any event, really powerful and had to stop in the middle due to high emotional connection and intensity. I cant imagine the story having anything to ever reach this point again later on though

Visually stunning too.

Yuki Kaji needs another award for great voicing for Yukine, funis EngDub wont be able to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom