• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Spice and Wolf Season 2 - 6

Trading goods shouldn't be this interesting. Seriously, if there's one thing this series should be commended for it's taking the act of merchanting, explaining some of its more nuanced aspects, and then wrapping and presenting it in a package that's just thoroughly engaging. The conclusion of this arc has definitely been one of the high points of Spice and Wolf as a whole and I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of the season. I'll admit to the deepening relationship between Holo and Protagonist worrying me as Season 2 started but it's definitely enriched the interactions between the characters and added a whole new level of drama to the events in the series.

To merchanting duels!

I'm still waiting for that show to come back. Welcome to the real Samurai Flamenco.

Season 2 seems better to me. If you want more though, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is similar but the chemistry isnt quite as good and the economics stuff isnt as strong. Still recommend it though.

Golden Time 21

What the fuck is up with that ending?
I mean she's obviously lying because she wouldn't put on the evil air if it wasn't

god dammit this unnecessary last stretch drama. It's going to probably end neatly but this kind of soured my week.

And then the previews make it seem like everything is fine again. Fuck this anime for toying with my emotions. And fuck this author. I'll be back next week though.

This show has alternated between very good and disappointing asspulls the whole time. It might as well keep doing it.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 8

Episode started so carefree with the process of making cheese and then it happens.
We find out Komaba isn't returning to school and his dreams are basically dead.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

hhhbw0kucxxkx9kcn.gif

I love how excited we are for him to get through the show. Lol.

santeesioux

This reminds me of An Idiot Abroad. Sending somebody completely unfamiliar with a culture into arguably the most embarrassing/worst part of the culture and see their reactions. It works in An Idiot Abroad, I'm curious if this would be just as funny.

I'm still disappointed they didn't let Karl loose in Akihabara.

Shit, your gonna make me watch a filler arc.

Its unfortunately a rather overhyped arc by the Naruto folks. Though the arc does a good job of finally developing Yamato and Kakashi and telling us how they became so close in the present day, and of course more time with Lord Orochimaru is good, but largely.

Problem with this arc is the kekkai genkai is rather meh.

Pani Poni Dash! 07

Ichijou's little sister can't be this big.

Cleaning the school's swimming pool in summer must be terrible.

There's certainly a lot of references in this show. Everything from Hamtaro to Snufkin from Moomins in this episode. And aliens are playing Beyblade of course.

Magical Warfare - 06

Magical%20Warfare%20-%2006.jpg

What is SDBURTON doing in every show this season ?

Damn that was a good episode ...
The principal magic was quite intresting to see in action ( i like the numerous possibilities her weapon of choice have ) but his opponent was quite OP (kinda too powerfull ) , It's very obvious that there is a difference in power between the 2.

As for the brother , well his starting fight was kinda cool , too and then DRAMA i'm glad this is over because we can start EVEN BIGGER DRAMA next week , featuring the MC this time !

Other than this moments the episode was kinda cool

Samurai Flamenco Episode 19
tumblr_n21aumX8kb1qzpumyo3_r1_500.gif

Pretty fun episode that went in a direction I hadnt expected. More training montages of Masayoshi and just happy Masayoshi is an excellent turn for this anime as we keep on going to the grande conclusion. I smiled.

girlfriend thing was so odd, fortunately Masayoshi hasnt given up on him and it does at least finally make a potential possibility possible, since well Masayoshi is essentially serving in the same role.

cnet128

Banned
Mahou Sensou 9

Oh hey, interesting shit is finally going down. As expected, Gekkou makes a pretty fun villain, and his ability (
teleportation
) is both suitably cool and a decent foil to the protag's own ability. Meanwhile
the whole school being under attack
raises the stakes quite a bit, and the scene at the beginning of the episode with the Big Bad finally awakening was pretty cool too.

In short, it finally feels like this show might actually be sort of worth watching.

mp3KmRv.jpg
Uzt7fFB.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 354

Orochimaru, you creeper.

That girl is lucky to have gotten a grade A asspull at the end.

Don't see the point of letting her live especially when the tree had perfectly setup her final resting place.

Strange+ Episode 9
tumblr_n215o87YlJ1rsjchxo4_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_n215o87YlJ1rsjchxo3_r1_500.jpg

Kou moment before the op was funny and pleasing, while his nii-san gave way too many amazing moments in the episode. The acid melting his clothes away was hilariously amazing. Also laughed tons at (nsfw?)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Flamenco Episode 19:

Yea, not going to lie, this episode was kind of tedious, yea, you made your point that world peace being boring and yea, that was boring. I am not going to lie this episode was completely ruined by that shrill fucking harpy Mari. God damn, you thought giving her this much screen time was a good idea? No, Goto and Mari would not be a good match, mainly because Mari is a self-absorbed bitch who never had a thought towards another person if it didn't benefit her. Goto and Mari a good match? Fuck that noise, because I remember the events of episode 16, you know, when Mari and Moe had that really heart wrenching reunion scene and it looked like they were actually a couple now. Nope, still got peruse this Goto guy because, er, he fills out a uniform nicely. Not one action displayed here in this episode was about anybody else other then her. She doesn't want to see Goto get better because he is clearly broken and him getting better is good for his mental sanity. She is pissed off because severe psychological trauma prevented her from having her shallow relationship with Goto. Hazama was not wrong in his assertion that she might be the last source of evil in the world. Oh yea, some other stuff happened, I don't many of us were serious about the girlfriend being actually imaginary. Also, I guess the creepy kid is supposed to be Satan or something?

Syrinx

Magic Knight Rayearth 9

Apart from the whole "creating a world with her heart" thing, which I'm not too fond of in general, this was a good episode. Umi is definitely my favorite out of the three. She's had the toughest time making the adjustment from being in Tokyo to being in this strange, dangerous new world, but this is where she really starts to put all that aside and move forward with the other two to save Cephiro. Also cool to see what she was leaving behind in Tokyo and see why she's so urgent to get back there. Seems she's in love with the ex-captain of her fencing team. Strong yuri vibes were coming from her with Hikaru, but this kinda seals that for now.

Also this episode featured the (temporary) return of Alcyone, who swindles Ascot and almost gets the job done before Umi returns. She's probably the one who should get one last chance, not Ascot. Surprised (and disappointed) that Zagato just let it slide that he released her from her prison, not to mention failed again. Guess his punishment will come next episode.

cajunator

Banned
So why do you watch anime? Why does anyone watch anime when it's inferior to Western TV in every way?

Because there are far fewer catgirls in Western TV.

I'm just holding off on the last 5 or so episodes of Golden Time till its all over. I can't deal with this dorama week to week.

I know what you mean. Its such a back and forth rollercoaster ride so far. Some episodes go to shit and some redeem them and is just up and down.

I think watching Toradora week-by-week might have killed me.

Why do we watch anime week-by-week again?

Thats the way the ancients did it.

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco Episode 19

girlfriend thing was so odd, fortunately Masayoshi hasnt given up on him and it does at least finally make a potential possibility possible, since well Masayoshi is essentially serving in the same role.

zOAzKm3.gif

Symbionic Titan 12

7NwS49z.gif

Kimmy and Newton are the best couple Cartoon Network has ever given me. This whole thing. The super hot cheerleader falling in love with the giant, boxy robot nerd. It's just amazing. The looks of horror on Lance and Ilana's faces never get old, and there's almost always a heart-warming moment involved, such as when Newton gets pissed that his two best friends don't think he has the right to fall in love because he's a robot.

I love this show.

cajunator

Banned
mp3KmRv.jpg
Uzt7fFB.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 354

Orochimaru, you creeper.

That girl is lucky to have gotten a grade A asspull at the end.

Don't see the point of letting her live especially when the tree had perfectly setup her final resting place.

Shes a cutie with her freckles. Glad she lived. I have no idea whats going on in Naruto though sine I dropped the series literally 5 epiosodes into it.

Magic Knight Rayearth 9

Apart from the whole "creating a world with her heart" thing, which I'm not too fond of in general, this was a good episode. Umi is definitely my favorite out of the three. She's had the toughest time making the adjustment from being in Tokyo to being in this strange, dangerous new world, but this is where she really starts to put all that aside and move forward with the other two to save Cephiro. Also cool to see what she was leaving behind in Tokyo and see why she's so urgent to get back there. Seems she's in love with the ex-captain of her fencing team. Strong yuri vibes were coming from her with Hikaru, but this kinda seals that for now.

Also this episode featured the (temporary) return of Alcyone, who swindles Ascot and almost gets the job done before Umi returns. She's probably the one who should get one last chance, not Ascot. Surprised (and disappointed) that Zagato just let it slide that he released her from her prison, not to mention failed again. Guess his punishment will come next episode.

As a car nut it was just so weird hearing all this drama and action wrapped around a bunch of car names. Its probably working better for you.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer

I think I found the bottom of Gundam's rabbit hole. Forget Destiny, AGE or 00 S2 this here is the worst of the worst!

Where do I begin? Let's start with the production values because I've been led to assume by most anime films that they have higher production values than the main series because they have a lower amount of time (this film is two hours vs. a 00 Season being roughly 4-5 times that) and a larger budget.

So why oh why does this film look so much worse than the main series? Why is it that all I could notice is that there was a flat black background most of the time? Space does actually contain objects like debris such as asteroids, broken mobile suits and stars, it was actually disconnecting when Mars suddenly pops up in one scene because I was too used to seeing a black background most of the time. Although I will say that the one scene that did impress me was when Graham did that reversing manouver and then took out some of the enemies that looked pretty good!

There was also a large amount of explosions but these ones were mostly those classic Gundam spherical explosions with the lines coming off of them but there were so many due to how explody it all was. It may have been like that to avert your eyes from the void behind it though.

The enemies in this film as they stick out like a sore thumb in terms of reasons why this film is terrible. They are basically a bunch of weird geometrical shapes coloured silver and they all originate from a giant ball of yarn that came out of Jupiter. The problem with this is that this film lacks a protagonist of sorts a bit like some of the recent Pokémon movies actually only worse as these things don't have any character at all. They just move around and turn things into metal crystal. You can say what you want about Char being ruined in Char's Counterattack but at least he was there, doing...things unlike this lot!

Next a run through some of the characters and what they did in the film.
- Saji did nothing but give flowers to Louise and then pissed off to a space station.
- Louise had a few seizures but apart from that...nothing.
- Marina spoke softly about a couple of things and did nothing.
- Graham
died in a kamekaze attack on the yarnball which was a stupid way to go. I would say he was one of the better characters in the film oddly enough.
- Lockon Mk.2 summed up the film with the line "Indisciminate Firing".
- Allelujah and Soma had a hike, also did nothing.
- Patrick was probably the best character only because he was in his nighty in one scene and that made me laugh.
- Tieria
made another body for himself, got it killed and then became Navi for Setsuna in the 00 Qan[T]

Then we get to Setsuna F. Seiei who at the beginning was his regular old self. Being boring, and being a man of very few words (all of them being either someone's full name or "I don't know"). He eventually
gets brain damage and takes roughly 1/2 of the film out of action, so the main protagonist is just lieing on a table for over an hour. After that he gets in the 00 Qan[T] and then through a weird chain of events manages to plant a giant flower on top of the yarn therefore ending all wars forever!

End Credits.

But that's not all!
We then get to see Aeolia talk about some stuff with a man who sounds a lot like Ribbons accompanied to choir that makes him seem like a god or something, hilarious. Then we see an old Marina still playing that fucking organ and then out of the blue Setsuna who looks roughly the same say he understands her.

Well guess what, I don't understand this film and I don't think I ever will. All I know is that it's terrible.

If there was one...small...good thing about this film it has to be Celestial Being: The Movie which is always great to see. Somehow, an in-universe film is actually better than the film that it is contained in.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 9

That was a super sweet telephone call. I was half expecting Haruka to just up and go around to Yuu's house in the end, but I guess in a way it was more adorable this way.

CorvoSol

I think I found the bottom of Gundam's rabbit hole. Forget Destiny, AGE or 00 S2 this here is the worst of the worst!

Where do I begin? Let's start with the production values because I've been led to assume by most anime films that they have higher production values than the main series because they have a lower amount of time (this film is two hours vs. a 00 Season being roughly 4-5 times that) and a larger budget.

So why oh why does this film look so much worse than the main series? Why is it that all I could notice is that there was a flat black background most of the time? Space does actually contain objects like debris such as asteroids, broken mobile suits and stars, it was actually disconnecting when Mars suddenly pops up in one scene because I was too used to seeing a black background most of the time. Although I will say that the one scene that did impress me was when Graham did that reversing manouver and then took out some of the enemies that looked pretty good!

There was also a large amount of explosions but these ones were mostly those classic Gundam spherical explosions with the lines coming off of them but there were so many due to how explody it all was. It may have been like that to avert your eyes from the void behind it though.

The enemies in this film as they stick out like a sore thumb in terms of reasons why this film is terrible. They are basically a bunch of weird geometrical shapes coloured silver and they all originate from a giant ball of yarn that came out of Jupiter. The problem with this is that this film lacks a protagonist of sorts a bit like some of the recent Pokémon movies actually only worse as these things don't have any character at all. They just move around and turn things into metal crystal. You can say what you want about Char being ruined in Char's Counterattack but at least he was there, doing...things unlike this lot!

- Saji did nothing but give flowers to Louise and then pissed off to a space station.
- Graham
died in a kamekaze attack on the yarnball which was a stupid way to go. I would say he was one of the better characters in the film oddly enough.
- Patrick was probably the best character only because he was in his nighty in one scene and that made me laugh.
- Tieria
made another body for himself, got it killed and then became Navi for Setsuna in the 00 Qan[T]

Then we get to Setsuna F. Seiei who at the beginning was his regular old self. Being boring, and being a man of very few words (all of them being either someone's full name or "I don't know"). He eventually
gets brain damage and takes roughly 1/2 of the film out of action, so the main protagonist is just lieing on a table for over an hour. After that he gets in the 00 Qan[T] and then through a weird chain of events manages to plant a giant flower on top of the yarn therefore ending all wars forever!

End Credits.

But that's not all!
We then get to see Aeolia talk about some stuff with a man who sounds a lot like Ribbons accompanied to choir that makes him seem like a god or something, hilarious. Then we see an old Marina still playing that fucking organ and then out of the blue Setsuna who looks roughly the same say he understands her.

Well guess what, I don't understand this film and I don't think I ever will. All I know is that it's terrible.

If there was one...small...good thing about this film it has to be Celestial Being: The Movie which is always great to see. Somehow, an in-universe film is actually better than the film that it is contained in.

They called me crazy. But I told them. I told all of them. A Wakening of the Trailblazer is the worst made Gundam product of all time. Also you forgot to mention that the movie has a Nena Trinity clone who is basically Nena Trinity but with a new name.

Higurashi Kai 19

YO WHERE THE FUCK IS SHION.

Poor corvy is halfway through the Madoka #3 movie and struggling to finish.

I'm having an existential crisis for this movie.

Theonik

Robot Girls Z 03 (07-09) -END-
This finale was fucking awesome. Like WOW. Near perfect.
I can't think of a better way to end this. Dat fanservice.
(no not that kind, well some of that too but no)

Inari Konkon Koi Iroha 08
Uka's dad. #dead
Great episode. That ending though

Space Dandy 09
A very surprisingly great episode. I really enjoyed it again. Probably best one since 05.

Nobunaga Za Foor 07-08
Things happened. Lols were had. Very silly but having fun. Closest show to the chopping plate after Wizard Barristers though.

Rape fantasy for women? What? WTF?
I don't get whyy people are surprised that is a thing. It's a pretty popular trope. Some women like these sorts of fantasies as do some men like the interest. Serving niches is the name of the game here.

They called me crazy. But I told them. I told all of them. A Wakening of the Trailblazer is the worst made Gundam product of all time. Also you forgot to mention that the movie has a Nena Trinity clone who is basically Nena Trinity but with a new name.

Oh that weird redhead girl who was stroking Sumeragi's idiot friend for some reason. Forgot about her. Yeah she really was just like Nena Trinity only this time not as psychotic.

Of course! It's the best thing about Celestial Being: The Movie!

Syrinx

Magic Knight Rayearth 10

Lol the Rune God is a giant robot? Uh, okay, I guess they never stated exactly what it was. Still though, I wasn't expecting that part.

Show kinda pulling the rug out from underneath the beginning of this show. First Hikaru was the default leader, but now it seems that Umi has taken over that role. Though Zagato said that "one of the" Rune Gods has been awakened, so maybe each of them has their own or something.

Samurai Flamenco 19

We all saw it coming but it was still
bummed for Goto. :(

And then everything was CUHRAYZEE again!

Why can't it be next week already?

Bombless

So first there was Samurai Flamenco 19 who kicked me in the gut. Poor
Goto
:(

THEN I went over to Golden Time 21 and
pJJbRoD.gif

God daaaaaaaaaamn! At this rate, today's (more like tomorrow's am I right?) Kill la Kill will slay me.

Seriously though, Samurai Flamenco is amazing.

cajunator

Banned

Higurashi Kai 19

I'm having an existential crisis for this movie.

But Homuhomu is so cute right?

CorvoSol

Oh that weird redhead girl who was stroking Sumeragi's idiot friend for some reason. Forgot about her. Yeah she really was just like Nena Trinity only this time not as psychotic.

Also how 'bout that Super Soldier guy who was introduced and hyped only to amount to jack shit in the movie?

But Homuhomu is so cute right?

I can't even look at her since realizing she was Senjougahara all along. It just makes me want more Monogatari.

cajunator

Banned
Also how 'bout that Super Soldier guy who was introduced and hyped only to amount to jack shit in the movie?

I can't even look at her since realizing she was Senjougahara all along. It just makes me want more Monogatari.

Lucky for you the monogatari train seems to keep rolling.

Kill La Kill 21

First two minutes

SDBURTON INTENSIFIES

later on
Nui got decked by Ryuko. Not sure if dead. The blood stain is from Ryuko stripping. Mako isn't dead. Also beating up Satsuki.

There was some animation here.

That was something for the most part. Much Blood.

Also apparently Ragyo is going to where it "all began" with the OG Life Fiber.

jman2050

Kill la Kill 21

Damn these episodes have been one home run after another. Pretty much every character
except Tsumugu lolololol
gets a chance to shine.

Also
Mako appropriately saves the day again. And hey she did die! Kinda sorta, from a certain point of view

These last three episodes can't come soon enough.

Forgot him too! Mr. Innovator they decided to call him for some reason, the first of his kind, with a mobile suit tailored to his supreme ultimate Innovator powers. Then a couple of triangles
got stuck in the Mobile Suit and then he blew up

He could've at least had a little battle with Setsuna maybe just to, you know, do something but no, that would be too good for this film!

Edit: I'll also add that yesterday I had a chat with that friend of mine who reccomended me to watch all of 00. After telling them my thoughts of 00 S1 and S2 they said without any doubt that I would hate this film despite them liking it somewhat. I also managed to guess correctly that
Graham dies in the film before watching it.

Kill la Kill 21

That first minute was dirty.

Holy crap,
Mako surviving both of those death flags

Nudist
Satsuki was such a boss. Would love her to remain that way.

- Graham
- Tieria

End Credits.

But that's not all!

Movies is terrible , even i who think that gundam 00 is "good" but not great i think this movie so much lol-worthy that i can't ...

and yeah the celestial being movie was magnificent

I'd rather watch several times " awakening " than 1 more minute of gundam AGE.

Higurashi Kai 19

Shion
is at her school , outside the village ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom