• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

Chuu2 Ren - 9

For a minute there I believed
Touka's joke
. I "eeee~~~~"ed so hard.

Anyway, pretty emotional with lots of funny moments, and FINALLY, it happened at the end. I've been waiting for it since they introduced Shichimiya.

Kill la Kill - 21

Go away, boner.

image.php

RI4iudC.jpg

CorvoSol

Forgot him too! Mr. Innovator they decided to call him for some reason, the first of his kind, with a mobile suit tailored to his supreme ultimate Innovator powers. Then a couple of triangles
got stuck in the Mobile Suit and then he blew up

He could've at least had a little battle with Setsuna maybe just to, you know, do something but no, that would be too good for this film!

Edit: I'll also add that yesterday I had a chat with that friend of mine who reccomended me to watch all of 00. After telling them my thoughts of 00 S1 and S2 they said without any doubt that I would hate this film despite them liking it somewhat. I also managed to guess correctly that
Graham dies in the film before watching it.

Until I met Cronicle Asher, I was pretty sure Graham Aker was the worst Char Clone in the series. I mean, Graham still sucks, but at least his suits looked cool.

I'd rather watch several times " awakening " than 1 more minute of gundam AGE.

No way man. A Wakening is awful. AGE is bad, sure, but A Wakening is list level shit.

Until I met Cronicle Asher, I was pretty sure Graham Aker was the worst Char Clone in the series. I mean, Graham still sucks, but at least his suits looked cool.

No way man. A Wakening is awful. AGE is bad, sure, but A Wakening is list level shit.

I think worst Char Clone has to go to Neo Roanoke for creating a giant plot hole just for him even existing in Destiny.

Also I'm not comfortable with Awakening of the Trailblazer being on the same list as Mad Bull 34 and Happy Science. Those are at least enjoyable in an odd way. That film was anything but enjoyable.

CorvoSol

I think worst Char Clone has to go to Neo Roanoke for creating a giant plot hole just for him even existing in Destiny.

Also I'm not comfortable with Awakening of the Trailblazer being on the same list as Mad Bull 34 and Happy Science. Those are at least enjoyable in an odd way. That film was anything but enjoyable.

This is the reason I've been unable to get A W T B on The List. When SamFlam ends though I will motion to have it added immediately to The List.

As to Neo, while I agree there is a horrible amount of plot holes surrounding him, I, and mind you I confess that I am 100% biased on this point, but I
felt that his reunion with Murrue Ramius justified his inclusion in the show.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Samurai Flamenco Episode 13
I really really liked the somberness of this episode, first of all it really is like the early episodes where hazama and others are looking at themselves and how they can improve as heroes and what is really the right thing to do, we got just a bit more character development of the other
flamen
, we get more scenes with goto and hazama's relationship which is always good, whenever they have a scene together is some of the best in this anime, Also this kinda is reminding me of wonderful 101 and kid icarus in terms of how things are escalating, especially when it comes to the enemies. And man, High stakes at the end, not everything is going as planned and putting hazama in a tight spot.

While I wont say there has been a episode that I dislike, this has probably been my favorite in a while.

Kill la Kill - 21

I'm not going to comment on the first three minutes. At all.

So Ryuko found her way again, and this is unfortunately going to turn some people away, but at least the team-up of Ryuko and Satsuki that I wanted to see since the beginning is drawing near now. And what a better opponent to face in the final showdown than Ragyo flying atop a giant...thing that's the original life fiber. The final battle better not disappoint.

Also, I can see this show ending with Ryuko's death, seeing as Junketsu was sewed onto her body when she ripped it off, if people are worried about consequences.

So yeah, Mako didn't die, and Ryuko found her way again, but everything else was still entertaining at least, what with the fights and OST. I liked how Satsuki showed more emotion than she usually did in this episode. Her screaming Senketsu's name as he was ripped off her body was probably the most concerned she sounded in the entire show.

Welp. Only three more episodes to go.

Quasar

Golden Time 21, Nagi no Asukara 22, Silver Spoon 8 - Shit goes down. Melodrama. Enjoyed all of it.

And this episode of Nagi...almost made me feel empathy for Hikari. Almost.

Link Man

Banned
You dont like it? I thought it was fine. but Im very lenient towards dubs. Ive watched soooo many shows that way.

Almost every character is devoid of emotion, and the delivery is pretty wooden. I don't know, maybe it improves as the series goes on, and this is just an issue with the early episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 21:

You know, I was really digging Heel Ryuko as honestly her personality and cockyness just work so much better as the Knight Templar of Clothing. Indeed, I really wish we still had that Ryuko because at the end of the day and the episode she comes back to her senses, such as they are, and is right back to her boring speeches of hot bloodiness. Anyway, it seems the day of reckoning is at hand as Lavos and Queen Zeal have moved to the endgame of their plot for world domination. Also, not sure exactly how Mako snapped Shadow out of her brood of ultimate angst but call this another win for the Mako X Ryuko OTP.

NeonZ

They called me crazy. But I told them. I told all of them. A Wakening of the Trailblazer is the worst made Gundam product of all time. Also you forgot to mention that the movie has a Nena Trinity clone who is basically Nena Trinity but with a new name.

I guess it was an attempt of the 00 staff to please Nena fans who disliked her fate in the 2nd season of 00 after they learned that she was somewhat popular... Of course, 00's staff seem to be robots who can't understand that blatant replacement clones are never popular with human viewers.

As much as I'm sure it would drive someone insane, at present the best Char's Counter Attack is the end of Wing.

Nah, I'm not saying that X is similar to Char's Counter Attack, it's exactly the opposite. It uses a modified One Year War as its backstory (although also adding Zeta-like Newtype tech), but then goes in a completely different direction with it from the actual UC timeline afterwards. It's the opposite of something like Wing or 00 which have very different set ups from UC but then attempt to homage UC by adding story elements from it.

That's why I mentioned it when you talked about another universe's Char's Counter Attack. In some ways, X is basically another director's concept for a follow up to the original Gundam.

cajunator

Banned
Almost every character is devoid of emotion, and the delivery is pretty wooden. I don't know, maybe it improves as the series goes on, and this is just an issue with the early episodes.

I felt like Lavie was done well enough. Maybe Klaus kinda sucks.
Overall I wasnt too bothered with it but at the time I was eagerly watching whatever was coming out at Suncoast.

Magical warfare - 07

"This thing is dangerous it's sucking your magical power while you sleep !
From now on don't sleep near it "

And guess what is the FIRST THING the MC do the following night ?

Seriously ?

Kill la Kill 21
It's kind of funny how a show with the word Kill in its title twice never actually kills anyone. Not that the title makes much sense beyond "we threw together some words we thought sounded cool."
Evil Ryuuko was pretty amusing, too bad she's going back to the same old hot-blooded bore.

CorvoSol

Kill La Kill 21

SDBURTONING aside, this was a pretty awesome episode, I think.
Especially because I actually feel Ryuuko works better as a villain than as a heroine. Fucking Satsuki, man. Girl was on top of it this whole episode. She doesn't even NEED a Kamui to be frickin' awesome.

Samurai Flamenco 19

I don't really care about whatever new thing is coming up, we need to go back to the whole Goto's girlfriend thing!

Magical warfare - 08

Well this episode was certainly full of questions.

I wonder how someone with such a gift can act casually when your GUTS are telling you to not believe ...
And what's with the questionning ? Ask straight ! don't leave half-way !

This MC isn't bad but he is not good either , he has some great moments where he acts properly and others when i'm just wondering if

IF HE WILL DO SOMETHING DAMMIT

and why did the sub plot of "towa" showed aside ?
Why did you not seek an answer from your mother ?
Why are you not believing a sword that can show you the future ?

Seriously.

Soma

I was actually thinking maybe the Amagi Brilliant Park anime won't be so bad despite judging it based on the LN art.

Then I read the first chapter of the manga and it was pretty bad.

:(

Midonin

Robot Girls Z 03 (Final Thoughts)

I may declare this my favorite anime of the winter season, even going up against the continuing entries and some other shows I really like. But this just hit all my buttons. It had giant robots and cute girls, over-the-top slapstick, all while rooting itself in respect for some anime classics. So many of the jokes in the last two episodes just landed.

-Emperor of Darkness being both older Tamura and Yukarin's well known young voice.
-"Getter Change"
-Emperor of Darkness distracting everyone with Izumi Todo
-That final attack with Sasaki Isao playing.
-Everything about Getchan. (Maaya Uchida forever!). The three pilots being her butlers makes perfect sense.
-Jeeg's overblown heroics are exactly the kind of heroics I like.
-Baron Asura saves the day!

Bought the OP, and it's a super catchy song, too. I wish it had been more, but the problem with comedies is they need to not wear out their jokes, keep finding new material. This one mined plenty of material in its movie-length runtime, and even then, it's getting three "minibokko" episodes on the video releases.

Fantastic show, just the sort of thing I look for in an anime.

CorvoSol

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 11

If JoJo did not illegitimately father Mad Bull's grand father during his time in NYC I don't know what to believe anymore. That reckless disregard for property, and penchant for grenades, man.

Also now it is time for Indiana JoJones and the Temple of the Pillar Man.

SPEEDWAGOOOOON LIIIIIIIVES!

I miss Dio.

Quasar

I was actually thinking maybe the Amagi Brilliant Park anime won't be so bad despite judging it based on the LN art.

Then I read the first chapter of the manga and it was pretty bad.

:(

Yeah. I read chapter one of the manga and that totally unsold me on any anime.

Quasar

This reminds me of An Idiot Abroad. Sending somebody completely unfamiliar with a culture into arguably the most embarrassing/worst part of the culture and see their reactions. It works in An Idiot Abroad, I'm curious if this would be just as funny.

I hope those guys are sampling some naato.

survivor

Banned
Space Dandy 9
8NmoKf3.png

VhLkgpT.png

Aymeric's work was pretty good in this episode
This was really pleasant to look at. Lots of colours everywhere, really great backgrounds and creative plants designs. Just about what I expected from an episode directed by Eunyoung Choi. Structurally, the episode wasn't that interesting, but that sort of thing is expected. Oh well, I only want to watch one other episode from this show, the Yuasa one, so hopefully it isn't that far off.

Shergal

klk 21
Is it praise to say that it's still somewhat amusing to watch? Honestly I range between that and total apathy.
The last scene was nicely done, this show should've had that kind of oomph in the presentation since the beginning. It could've done so much for most of the other 'climactic' moments.

ZX IGNITION 08

Character development for a character that I wasn't aware was ever going to get character development.

She was in the ending screen so she was importantenough to get develloppement.

-----------------------------------

Magical Warfare - 09 ...something hit the fan and it's not pretty

So the MC knew but he told no one and the result is ..... A GIANT MESS !!

You have been seeing visions for like what 2 months ? 3 months ?
AND YOU DID NOTHING ...So i think , i really think you deserved that BEATDOWN , now that y
our romance interest is stolen , your weapon is stolen , your mother is in danger
i hope , i hope you'll man the fuck up because otherwise this would be boring.

Now the brother grudge , it better be a very good explanation for this , it really be , because i don't mind revenge against the protagonist , but give me a satisfying reason to. At least thisseem like a legitimate reason this time ( unlike arata kangatari )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom