• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this basically every harem anime ever?

I sure as hell didn't watch Haganai for "Eh Nandatte" guy, for example.

There's a couple of harem shows where the main guy is the reason I watched it. Basically the main guy was an utter badass. Like the strongest person in the universe. And all the ladies loved it. It was glorious cheese. Hunh hunh hunh c'est magnifique

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Strike the Blood watchers (and by that I mean all three people besides me still suffering through it):
Did they really just leave Asagi passed out in that flaming rubble and completely forget about her
? Because yo, what the hell, haha.

There's a couple of harem shows where the main guy is the reason I watched it. Basically the main guy was an utter badass. Like the strongest person in the universe. And all the ladies loved it. It was glorious cheese. Hunh hunh hunh c'est magnifique

So Mondaiji-tachi then.

Tenumi

Banned
To be fair, Date A Live's Main Male Character was a pretty badass guy, all things said and done.

Also, I only made it to episode 8 or so of Toradora way back when. Now that the dub is coming out, might as well wait and pick that up to complete it for the first time...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Jin is the one with the harem, Izayoi is just a really really really badass wingman.

I love Izayoi so much. He's like the ultimate Gary Stu. Which normally would be a bad thing (see: Kirito), but Izayoi pulls it off SO WELL. He's not only unbeatable, he's quite literally never even in any danger of being beaten, or even hurt in any way, AT ALL. It's just so over the top that it works.

After War Gundam X: 10 - 11

See Garrod? This is what happens when you don't listen to Shulk's Tiffa's visions. Now Tiffa
has been reduced to the position of damsel in distress once again.

Basically these two episodes were kind of a repeat of the events from last time.
Garrod gets depressed, gets some toughening up by Jamil, and is ready to join the fray once again.

Show, I'm warning you right now. You can only get away with this so many times.

CorvoSol

After War Gundam X: 10 - 11

See Garrod? This is what happens when you don't listen to Shulk's Tiffa's visions. Now Tiffa
has been reduced to the position of damsel in distress once again.

Basically these two episodes were kind of a repeat of the events from last time.
Garrod gets depressed, gets some toughening up by Jamil, and is ready to join the fray once again.

Show, I'm warning you right now. You can only get away with this so many times.

Not if Super Robot Shows pulling the same stunt once every 10 episodes have anything to say about it!

Quasar

So Strike the Blood watchers (and by that I mean all three people besides me still suffering through it):
Did they really just leave Asagi passed out in that flaming rubble and completely forget about her

I assume something was done off camera.

Toradora 3

526x297-dV4.jpg

Well we learned more about Ryuji's crush and Taiga's friend. She works a lot... for some reason. Entertaining episode but other then learning more about the red haired chick nothing else really happened. Which is fine. There needs to be episodes like this to settle the viewer into the pacing of the show before it throws a twist at you.

Red haired chick though is super entertaining and funny. So I guess we have found the comic relief character.

Quasar

Watched Chuu2 2.10 - Not sure I get the rage.Thought it was fine. Though as with shows like this its a bit depressing to watch any character who isn't the starring couple have romantic feelings for one of said couple.

Pani Poni Dash! 25

This is now a mecha anime.

Oh, and it's also a continuation of episode 23, a disaster movie and Star Trek TNG. Ichijo makes everything worse again and everybody also gets their biggest dream fulfilled by the Ichijo Festival. Good thing everything works out and the world is yet again saved... maybe.

That delicious chocolate was just too mesmerizing.

cajunator

Banned
Toradora 2

Yup. This is a RomCom alright.

Where to start? The
basketball hitting Taiga's face had me rolling for a good few minutes there
. Ryuji and Taiga
helping each other out for a while there was great to see and also kind of sweet
. The last several scenes were nice. There's not really a single character that annoys me so far which is rare.... (Okay I lied the mother and parrot annoy the hell out of me)... but out of the actual main cast everyone is pretty cool.

Let's just... tone down on the parrot. It feels out of place and it's kind of annoying. Mom I can deal with.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot. I freakin love the ED to this show. I just wish I felt the same for the OP. Not a fan.

for you♥ http://youtu.be/-Sf2cIJcibE

I guess I'll watch Toradora soon. Maybe after I finish After Story?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSSS
basically, watch Toradora.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That delicious chocolate was just too mesmerizing.

You may be right, haha.

Also, another thing that I think nobody but me noticed? When Kojou's all
turned to metal or whatever...did nobody else notice that the person who came up and kissed him to revert him to normal/unlock the 11th familiar wasn't Yukina? IT WAS NAGISA. HIS SISTER STRAIGHT UP MADE OUT WITH HIM. Kinda.

Quasar

You may be right, haha.

Also, another thing that I think nobody but me noticed? When Kojou's all
turned to metal or whatever...did nobody else notice that the person who came up and kissed him to revert him to normal/unlock the 11th familiar wasn't Yukina? IT WAS NAGISA. HIS SISTER STRAIGHT UP MADE OUT WITH HIM. Kinda.

That confused the fuck out of me.

Futari wa Pretty Cure RE: SplashStar 1

To think, it's been like... a year since I started watching Precure (and yet I'm not watching the first one instead). Splash Star was one of the three Precure seasons I was willing to rewatch in order to re-evaluate how I feel about it. There's a lot of clarity that I'm looking forward to, as well as things that might bother me. Like that Monster tree. WHY DOES IT HAVE SWIRLY NIPPLES?

Man, I was peeved back then when Saki was playing baseball. I was like "Another one?" but shrugged and went on with my life. I guess I was probably like one of THOSE people who watched FW and Max Heart, but I was on a high back then on marathoning.

Think I'll avoid saying too much unless necessary (to give more content). We have not-Mepple and Not-Mipple here already, and initially very annoying to boot. These girls also met at least once in front of a tree. A bit of a change from FW. I think one of the things I missed the most was that they became Cures, and then they actually fought to victory. None of this "delay the first fight into next week's episode" that Heartcatch started.

There was also awful.... CG implants, which thankfully nowadays is stuck in Stock footage for the most part (RIP 2D EDs). I mean... this ED sure is something in terms of how it's done. Really different from more dance oriented EDs normally seen everywhere else.

Gazoinks

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 11

Joseph is so best. Best fighter, best girl, best everything. Although not actually my favorite Jojo in the series. :p

So
Stroheim enters the show! Humble beginnings, but soon he will be amazing. And he's just so damn happy about being German! GERMAN MEDICINE IS THE BEST IN THE WOOOOORLD.

Toradora 4

Man i am gonna get remmed by you guys for saying this. (Just like how yesterday people got on me about From the New World)

This is a really entertaining anime. Really, really entertaining. But I think everyone is overhyping it. Granted I am only on episode 4. It could turn into a wonderful masterpiece. But I am not sure. It's characters are enduring and it's a cut above most RomCom's. However it also feels like another run of the mill RomCom.

It's funny I keep comparing SNAFU and Toradora. Toradora always has one or two great jokes per episode and that's usually enough. SNAFU had more subtle and slapstick comedy throughout an episode that I appreciated.

Anyways this'll probably be the only time I bring this up until the end because obviously I haven't watched all of it but as funny and entertaining as it is I am not really getting all the hype.

Edit: Anyways time for me to hop off this and return to the anime I agreed on watching and finishing so others would give Clannad and After Story a chance.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 4

Man i am gonna get remmed by you guys for saying this. (Just like how yesterday people got on me about From the New World)

This is a really entertaining anime. Really, really entertaining. But I think everyone is overhyping it. Granted I am only on episode 4. It could turn into a wonderful masterpiece. But I am not sure. It's characters are enduring and it's a cut above most RomCom's. However it also feels like another run of the mill RomCom.

It's funny I keep comparing SNAFU and Toradora. Toradora always has one or two great jokes per episode and that's usually enough. SNAFU had more subtle and slapstick comedy throughout an episode that I appreciated.

Anyways this'll probably be the only time I bring this up until the end because obviously I haven't watched all of it but as funny and entertaining as it is I am not really getting all the hype.

See, it's funny. Toradora was the first romcom I ever watched. And now even to this day, I compare every romcom I watch to Toradora, whether I want to or not. Conversely, you're comparing Toradora to other romcoms you've watched previously. And that's not a bad thing, mind you, it's unavoidable.

I'll also say that 4 episodes in is waaaay too early to be calling it overhyped. Wait until the drama starts to kick up in the latter half of the show.

OceanBlue

I thought Toradora started off a little slow but became real good towards the end.
Same. I don't love it like some others here, but if I remember correctly it's a show that gets better once the characters finish establishing their initial relationships with each other (the status quo, I guess) and the show starts spending time developing character motivations.

... I'm going to have to give ToraDora another shot, aren't I?
It's a great pick if you're looking for something to watch. :)

Jintor

it's fair to say you might not like it by the fourth episode, but i don't think you can claim to know whether or not hype is truly warranted re a whole thing until you see it all. unless you're talking about hype episode to episode or something.

See, it's funny. Toradora was the first romcom I ever watched. And now even to this day, I compare every romcom I watch to Toradora, whether I want to or not. Conversely, you're comparing Toradora to other romcoms you've watched previously. And that's not a bad thing, mind you, it's unavoidable.

I'll also say that 4 episodes in is waaaay too early to be calling it overhyped. Wait until the drama starts to kick up in the latter half of the show.

Oh I got you. I was trying to be careful with how I was wording everything but that word somehow made it in. I know that I am WAAAAYYYY to early in to make big definitive calls on anything.

It's kind of like how I was calling out From the New World as I was 7ish episodes in only for episodes 9 and 10 to really hook me in and be interested in what's going on. I totally get that and is why I said I won't say anything like that again until I get way end or to the end. I don't like calling an anime a masterpiece or terrible until I get towards the end.

This is just my thought process as I move through these anime and I hope I don't step on anyone's toes when saying this. I just want to make sure you guys are following my thought process as I go along. I don't want to all of a sudden be like "I really think this extreme" and have everyone go "where did that come from. So this is just a thought process I go through. Trust me when I say that it takes me a few episodes to settle in and just continually enjoy it. Like I had my doubts about Engaged to the Unidentified but now I am totally sucked in.

But what I meant about overhyping was that I was told that the whole of Toradora from episode 1- the end was a masterpiece. That's what I am saying was overhyped. I have no doubt by the end I will really like it. I have already said on almost every episode review that I really enjoy the show a lot.

Futari wa Pretty Cure RE: SplashStar 2

No, I don't think Cure Black and Cure White had jack shit to do with your plans in the past, Dark Fall.

Oh man, that other thing that I liked about this. They refer to the villains by their name (before Yes! 5ers just started referring to them as their Org. Name because they're ruthless as fuck). Man, I really must've tuned out all the card feeding shit. And those Pretty Cure Diamonds are like... reminding me of those opium packets in Rurouni Kenshin.

Yeah, you're right, that is weird. IIRC, Mai really thinks too much, and gets absorbed into things, and her brother Not-FujiP is already being better than that shit. As much as Karehaan is considered a boring villain, his fucking entrance in this episode was still pretty boss.

for you♥ http://youtu.be/-Sf2cIJcibE

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSSSSS
basically, watch Toradora.

While enjoyable original is better because Horie Yui

Toradora 4

Edit: Anyways time for me to hop off this and return to the anime I agreed on watching and finishing so others would give Clannad and After Story a chance.

4 episodes in and calling it overhyped lol. Joking, you're still in the exposition part of the series, drama picks up during around the middle/second half.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, another thing about Toradora. I'd recommend watching the OVA episode after episode 12. It has no bearing on the plot whatsoever, but it's enjoyable, and it fits in perfectly after 12. Going back and watching it after the last episode will probably feel a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom