• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Penguindrum did a much better job of balancing Ikuhara and the characters as actual characters at this point.

This is certainly true, although I think part of this is down to a difference in themes (I also enjoyed Penguindrum more than I'm enjoying this show so far, but it's still early).

Pengruindrum focused on the characters more as 'actual characters', but this also tied more into Penguindrum's themes, which were heavily tied up in the Takakura family, the creation of familial roles, characters being defined by the past, and destiny vs choice. It's focus on the characters also serviced the themes of the show, and the show simply wouldn't have worked without really fleshing out Ringo's personality and the relationship of the Takakura siblings.

Yurikuma Arashi, on the other hand, seems to be focused more on societal concepts for its themes. So we're not seeing the same level of focus on the characters as in Penguindrum because the themes of the show aren't as focused around how they exist as people. This is one reason why I'm hesitant to make too strong a statement on the show's quality. I think a lot of it will depend on how well executed the payoff is for the the ideas being tossed around in the early going.

Shugo Chara 29

This show just went off the deep end. It fleshed out the relationship between Ikuto and Utau, and why he doesn't show as much interest in her as she does to him.

Simply put
you wouldn't fuck your sister. She actually kissed him before revealing that they were related by blood

EiqbqFb.gif

What is going on with him? What's the story behind the continued hiatus?

This is what I got after someone asked something similar last week and decided to actually look up the real reason.

- The hiatus originally started because the author (Daisuke Sato) had to be hospitalized because of a heart disease.

- Then the earthquake in Japan happened which made the author not want to continue a apocalypse story.

- He loses interest.

Between years

- The artist (Shoji Sato) expresses interest into going back to HSOTD, but he can't do so without the author.

- So he's spends most of his time working on Triage X, which currently has surpassed HSOTD in terms of chapters/volumes.

- 2 years have passed and one would think the series would be done with, right?

- Well as it turns out, HSOTD proved to be really popular worldwide.

- So a chapter 30 gets released to remind people of the series, have the Sato's (Not related) work together again, and gauge interest, which turned out to be well.

- The author prepares some rough drafts for chapter 31, finalizing on where to take the story, and doing some research.

- However, he apparently got sick again and put things on hold because of his health.

And that's all I got.

So now we're left to presume he's either still sick, recovering, actually working again, etc.

Or his lack of interest has returned.

Can't really tell since there hasn't been any updates on the matter.

ibyea

Banned
Battle Royale

Anime is so weird whenever everybody has black regular hair. Also how many bullets does an uzi have lol.

TENOUTTATEN. Best anime. Best anime.

One of the funniest thing is the way they wield the Uzi when they shoot. They just flail it around as if it were something floppy.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 8

So in this episode, the crew tries to learn more about the Rare Candies Level Upper.

But wouldn't you know it,
it looks like that using them isn't exactly healthy. So they call that lady from episode 4 to take a look at things. Also, is it just me, or does that woman look a lot like an adult version of Nozaki-Kun's Seo?

Either all, another all right episode. Fight was okay, though I would have preferred it to be longer, but I'm sure a longer one will come later on.

Yurikuma 3

I can't watch this anymore. It's just way too disjointed for me to get invested in at all. The plot elements that intrigue me are ruined by the lack of cohesion.

Just like every other Ikuhara series, dropping after the 3 ep rule. Will probably look up the twists and other info I want to know when the show's over.

Link Man

Banned
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 11

I've been playing a lot of FFVII lately, so this opening scene is setting off some flags.

Ahoge! ~Maho!

Welcome back, budget! I've missed you sorely!

Holy fuck, this battle! Even has a Limit Break!

I've got the perfect song for this moment. (Link could be considered spoilers.)

Really enjoyed this episode, hopefuly the last two can maintain this quality!

Looking for a solid anime with good drama along the lines of:

Attack on Titan
Ga Rei Zero
Blue Gender

any recommendations? I guess you can all put those three above in the tragedy category.

Other shows I've seen and enjoyed:

Cross Game
Sunday without God
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Aldnoah Zero
Monogatari Series
Psycho Pass
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (working on Fate/Zero)
Future Diary
Full Metal Alchemist (both)
Angel Beats
Steins;Gate

Thoraxes

Attack on Titan
Ga Rei Zero
Blue Gender

any recommendations? I guess you can all put those three above in the tragedy category.

Sunday without God
Aldnoah Zero
Monogatari Series
Psycho Pass
Future Diary
Angel Beats
Steins;Gate
Katanagatari (from the monogatari author) Ghost in the Shell. Yamato 2199.

What is this? Someone who actually watched Blue Gender?

Yup. Saw it dubbed on Cartoon Network and loved it enough to buy the DVD box set way back. Love these survival stories where the odds are stacked against humanity like in Blue Gender and Attack on Titan, as well as the manga Cage of Eden. Want more like those. Ga Rei Zero was just good drama/tragedy and I've never even read the manga it's the prequel to.

Katanagatari (from the monogatari author) Ghost in the Shell. Yamato 2199.

I've seen the last two but not yet Katana. Will put it on the list. Thanks.

cajunator

Banned

Attack on Titan
Ga Rei Zero
Blue Gender

Cross Game
Sunday without God
Aldnoah Zero
Monogatari Series
Psycho Pass
Future Diary
Angel Beats
Steins;Gate

From The New World

Link Man

Banned
Yup. Saw it dubbed on Cartoon Network and loved it enough to buy the DVD box set way back. Love these survival stories where the odds are stacked against humanity like in Blue Gender and Attack on Titan, as well as the manga Cage of Eden. Want more like those. Ga Rei Zero was just good drama/tragedy and I've never even read the manga it's the prequel to.

I've seen the last two but not yet Katana. Will put it on the list. Thanks.

Another

Even Koufuku Graffiti is too on the nose for me to actually feel 'sensual'. Soma's 'well we're just going to cook quasi-naked and orgasm after each bite' approach will be even worse. Also, I certainly wouldn't want to imagine Kirito doing either of the above @.@

Superflat

Even Koufuku Graffiti is too on the nose for me to actually feel 'sensual'. Soma's 'well we're just going to cook quasi-naked and orgasm after each bite' approach will be even worse. Also, I certainly wouldn't want to imagine Kirito doing either of the above @.@

Yeah, Soma goes for it all the way with "taste = orgasm", complete with visual metaphors; in the clouds, clothes flying off, buckling knees, etc.

I'm looking forward to it :D

just watched episode 2 of Maria

I actually don't mind the sexual stuff since it makes sense storywise.
creating a male figure without a penis. lol

I was kinda wondering why she was the only one medling with human affairs then this episode answered that

Awesome episode and an amazing adaptation of the VN so far. But when it comes to Type Moon in general, leave it up to Ufotable to do god's work in that category. Also,
finally getting to see Rider in action is fucking awesome since she's one of my favorites from the VN.
Excited to see more, but need sleep

Also, first post in AnimeGAF so if I fucked up something lemme know.

Attack on Titan
Ga Rei Zero
Blue Gender

Cross Game
Sunday without God
Aldnoah Zero
Monogatari Series
Psycho Pass
Future Diary
Angel Beats
Steins;Gate

Like someone else said, Katanagatari. Highly recommend Berserk (TV series) as that's very much what you're looking for.

Venture Bros. - All This And Gargantua-2

They somehow resolved an entire season's worth of storylines in a single hour, plus basically wiped the slate clean when it comes to the canon of the show. And the way they handle each plotline was utterly stellar.
I should feel purterbed that the Sovereign storyline was anticlimactically resolved with an accidental missfire, but after the Orb plotline something like this was to be expected.
. I feel like with the new council plus the whole arch killer that was obviously Doc Venture teased, I'm excited as all hell for the new season. Just hope it comes before I graduate.

RIP Jonas Venture Jr. You were the only morally decent person in this whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom