• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the other three just bad?

Love Hina was my very first anime and one I loved when I was a middle school brat. Now when I look back I want to beat my younger self into a pulp.

Love Hina is the harem anime, and arguably the one which brought the genre into mainstream and made it popular. If you're going into it looking for a harem anime, well you'll get what you want. If you're going into it with the context of having other anime watched under your belt, it's pure unadulterated shit.

KimiKiss is pretty good. It deals with multiple relationships some intertwining and others not. The conclusion is frustrating for one set of characters and rewarding for another.

Cornbread78

I know Kiss x Sis deals with the whole "she's not my blood sis" crap, but is it entertaining? I don't mind lewd as long as it's not loli shit.

So the only one that nobody knows is Green Green then. I'll have to watch them all slowly then and see if they ate entertaining at least. I don't think any of them will be exactly rewarding and wholly expect garbage anime endings.

Mailbox

I know Kiss x Sis deals with the whole "she's not my blood sis" crap, but is it entertaining? I don't mind lewd as long as it's not loli shit.

So the only one that nobody knows is Green Green then. I'll have to watch them all slowly then and see if they ate entertaining at least. I don't think any of them will be exactly rewarding and wholly expect garbage anime endings.

There is wayyyyy too much pee fetishism.

I have only heard bad things about Green Green, but its on my bad anime watch list
oh and rosario+vampire is horribly repetitive. Every episode is basically the same thing (its very monster of the week)

Watch the OP which has a boss-ass ska song and then never touch it again.

I'm not kidding. Back in my younger days where I watched every lewd harem show I watched Green Green thinking I had found some obscure, hidden gem.

I'm pretty sure I can never feel this emotion people call "love" now.

High q s2 20

Man Oikawa is the best. That serve at the 18:27 mark was INTENSE even though he missed. But then the serve by the new guy later on had my jaw on the floor. Chills, man.

Line_HTX

A long time ago I was told that Amagami was kind of like KimiKiss, but I never watched KimiKiss and wasn't sure.

The design sort of looks similar though.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis Episode 12 (engDub)
Cbr7rv3WIAAPTfJ.png
Awesome duel for Toshiki Kai and Shion
glad Shion lost, no way he is that strong

Ibuki Chrono next week is going to be epic.

phaze

Haikyuu 20
014544dfogs.jpg
014540vor67.jpg

He's hit it from his side and still hit
almost
the court ? Magic.

I really can't imagine Karasuno losing this time around but even with that, this is a great match so far.

A long time ago I was told that Amagami was kind of like KimiKiss, but I never watched KimiKiss and wasn't sure.

The design sort of looks similar though.

They're completely different.

Amagami is a romance in the visual novel sense. You basically get to see a whole different bunch of routes between the MC and a female character. Each person gets about 4 episodes of the MC and girl falling in love before showing a complete different chain of events with another character. It's actually fairly entertaining and more satisfying to watch then other romance shows.

KimiKiss is a more dramatic romance story that spans the entire show.

NeonZ

Urusei Yatsura 8

I liked the fantastical settings of the two stories in this episode. In the first story, I enjoyed the alien landscape and Oshii's fascination with tanks rolling down city streets showing up (later to be seen in Angel's Egg and Patlabor 2), and the second story of the timeslip into dinosaur age was enjoyable for the pleasant lack of Lum/Shinobu squabbling.

Those tanks were actually in the manga - although I think the anime kind of missed what they were supposed to be.

In the manga, the newspaper boy in that scene is actually the main character of Kattena Yatsura, one of Rumiko's earlier works. The whole scene in the manga is referencing Kattena Yatsura, where at the end of the story,
Kei, the main character, due to a series of coincidences, ends ups with bombs inside his body implanted by the army, by aliens and by an underwater race (those red "Dappya" things that keep appearing in Urusei Yatsura) that will destroy the entire universe if they blow up together and they'll detonate if Kei dies.

So, all three forces join together to protect him for the rest of his life, while Kei only cares about delivering newspapers - Kattena Yatsura's final scene was Kei running around delivering Newspapers while the army marches around him and his appearance in Urusei Yatsura was basically that scene all over again... although this time delivering a newspaper about Ataru.

The anime threw the Snowman attacking the city at the end of the story with the implication that the army was going to face it, rather than the original context. They also didn't even try to keep Kei's design the same, so they probably didn't even realize that it wasn't just a generic newspaper's boy.

Line_HTX

Konosuba 05

Poor Aqua traumatized and refusing to get out of the cage even after the quest was completed.

Here I thought this smug ass arrogant motherfucker was going to get away without getting told off, but finally Aqua got revenge and straight punched his face and got the exact gold for the quest reward and then some! Then he runs with his tail between his legs trying to find the shop where his weapon got sold. Serves him right.

Kazuma's steal ability is hilarious still. That public perception though, lol

pbayne

Mind refreshing my memery on the bolded ? It's been a while, is it the the unfinished
policeman plot
or something else ? Great pick and very glad you liked it !

As is said i like the ending in that it brings a nice role reversal for Yaichi and Masa and it shows how they've each progressed through the series. Though I could understand if someone saw the ending and thought "is that it?" since its so subdued and non-cathartic in a way.

Story-wise I didn't mind the end of the policeman's arc since it had a degree of resolution. But the one niggle I had was of all the five leaves members Otake(the woman) was the only one not to get a full arc really. Like it feels like hers was cut short to fit the series into 12 episodes which is a shame but nothing to criticize really.

T-Rex.

Banned
I was going to watch Code Geass, but a friend convinced me to watch Gintama instead. I'm glad he did cos every single episode so far has been hilarious. I usually don't bother with long running animes due to not really having enough free time, but if it carries on like this I'll happily watch however many episodes of Gintama there are.

Qurupeke

I was going to watch Code Geass, but a friend convinced me to watch Gintama instead. I'm glad he did cos every single episode so far has been hilarious. I usually don't bother with long running animes due to not really having enough free time, but if it carries on like this I'll happily watch however many episodes of Gintama there are.

You did the right thing.

Well if you are liking it now, then you will like it even more later. Episode 25 is the turning point, nearly everything after that is solid gold.

Ascheroth

You have good friends.

Though you should still watch Code Geass after you're done.

T-Rex.

Banned
Well if you are liking it now, then you will like it even more later. Episode 25 is the turning point, nearly everything after that is solid gold.
I honestly think it's incredible already (9 episodes in) so I'm chuffed to read that. Gin's scenes with Otae, the embassy bombing, the duel with the police chief. I've loved it all so far.

You have good friends.

Though you should still watch Code Geass after you're done.
I definitely plan on it. A lot of the shows I watch are just shows which people talk about a lot in this thread and Code Geass is one of them.

Narag

Everyone, please look forward to my 15 part analysis of why Crimson Moon is a bad show, and how it fails to deliver in almost every regard.

I'm not gonna do that.

Jokes aside, a good writeup about how it went wrong would be handy for when people finishing Garo need pushed away from Crimson Moon.

pbayne

Nurse Witch Komugi 7

Yo speed racer. Where's John Goodman?

Lol there's still fuck all plot in this. What do the cards even do? How can they still not recognize each other?

Love Kokona's Rocky training montage. Next week promises more Yuto and Tsukasa, can't wait.

pbayne

Haikyuu 20

Animation turned into Ping Pong for that crazy dude's last spike. It looked awesome, showed how raw and animilistic that dude must be.

I think Oikawa broke the laws the physics with that serve. How did that even get over net the way he hit it?

Those tanks were actually in the manga - although I think the anime kind of missed what they were supposed to be.

In the manga, the newspaper boy in that scene is actually the main character of Kattena Yatsura, one of Rumiko's earlier works. The whole scene in the manga is referencing Kattena Yatsura, where at the end of the story,
Kei, the main character, due to a series of coincidences, ends ups with bombs inside his body implanted by the army, by aliens and by an underwater race (those red "Dappya" things that keep appearing in Urusei Yatsura) that will destroy the entire universe if they blow up together and they'll detonate if Kei dies.

So, all three forces join together to protect him for the rest of his life, while Kei only cares about delivering newspapers - Kattena Yatsura's final scene was Kei running around delivering Newspapers while the army marches around him and his appearance in Urusei Yatsura was basically that scene all over again... although this time delivering a newspaper about Ataru.

The anime threw the Snowman attacking the city at the end of the story with the implication that the army was going to face it, rather than the original context. They also didn't even try to keep Kei's design the same, so they probably didn't even realize that it wasn't just a generic newspaper's boy.

That's fascinating. I'm not a Rumiko Takahashi expert, so thank you for sharing your knowledge. At any rate, it sounds like the reference would have difficult to precisely carry over in a fashion that would be comprehensible to people unfamiliar with the manga it's referencing.

Haikyuu 20

Animation turned into Ping Pong for that crazy dude's last spike. It looked awesome, showed how raw and animilistic that dude must be.

I think Oikawa broke the laws the physics with that serve. How did that even get over net the way he hit it?

I dont understand the ping pong comparison when its the same sort of thing Haikyuu had already done in its first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom