• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Morosowa.

And holy shit, that rumor about Unicorn getting turned into a TV series was true.

Key visual:

vZwwMpfl.jpg

OP Theme: :「Into the Sky」 by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Tielle

ED Theme:「Next 2 U-eUC-」 by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:naNami

No Aimer :(

EDIT: Yes Aimer, after all.

ED 2:「bL∞dy f8 -eUC-」by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer

wut

So it sounds like it will be Kimikiss, Rosario, Kiss x Sis, then Green Green. That will probably take a few months to get through.
I might also add Midori Days to your list. I actually liked that one, watched it about three years ago dubbed lol.

The premise is weird as heck but it's a decent romcom.

Also Ah My Goddess doesn't go anywhere but I still loved that one. Prolly why I'm a Palutena main now lol

Mailbox

Yeah, you won't want to watch Kiss X Sis then cause of one of the characters to say the least. Though she only has a minor role for the most part.

Kiss x sis is a smorgasbord of weird fetishes.

Pee fetishes, teacher fetishes, sister, loli... i feel like i'm missing something...

Its obviously not for everyone (or me for that matter).

Line_HTX

My condolences to Gundam fans. Do we know what was the cause of death? God, fuck 2016 seriously... This isn't funny at all...

Akame ga Kill END

Esdeath is CONFIRMED the winner and best girl FOR! EVER~

She can do all of that in Hell for eternity!

[Labored breathing] God, I'm starting to feel like Darkness...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
RIP :(

when you read anime viewers love Tom and Jerry

then google 'anime tom and jerry' and get nothing but yaoi-fied Tom and Jerry cat/mouse boys lol

The internet never fail to surprise me

Mailbox

Doesn't the teacher like samurai stuff? lol

yeah, lol.

I decided to look at one of the later chapters after I watched the anime (morbid curiosity gets to me) and it seems like she's actually dating the main character now...

I didn't expect that while watching the anime, thats for sure...

wonzo

Banned
should've stopped making gundams after tomino's latest masterpiece g-reco tbh

at this point theyre pretty much caving in the dead horses skull wwith gunplas

Line_HTX

yeah, lol.

I decided to look at one of the later chapters after I watched the anime (morbid curiosity gets to me) and it seems like she's actually dating the main character now...

I didn't expect that while watching the anime, thats for sure...

Oh, the teacher, she's so silly, haha

Mailbox

I might also add Midori Days to your list. I actually liked that one, watched it about three years ago dubbed lol.

The premise is weird as heck but it's a decent romcom.

Also Ah My Goddess doesn't go anywhere but I still loved that one. Prolly why I'm a Palutena main now lol

I personally also liked Midori Days too.
Anytime I simplify the premise, I laugh my ass off

Thought it was kinda neat that to finish off the anime they literally just cut to the end of the manga and didn't bother with half of the material.

But I swear that show had a weird quota of 1 scene with bare breasts per episode. Their rarely done in a hyper sexual way too, it just happens...

So bizarre.

Line_HTX

Luck & Logic 01

Eh, I'm OK with this kind of CG in these circumstances. The bigger issue is familiarizing myself with the world and what these phrases mean in this type of universe.

ROFL, I thought that voice sounded familiar. Kirito's voice is back and he sounds so fucking smug and potentially evil, hahaha

fertygo

Haikyuu - 21

I love at this show people does unforced error, even the supposed great player.. Serve error, imperfect toss, or just out in general, its great.

Aki-at

Oh man RIP :(

It makes me so sad every time that I see people refer to these sort of moments as being "poor" or a drop in animation quality. :( They're actually animated really well, they just look different. Yet people act like it's something out of Sailor Moon Crystal. It's a bit depressing, honestly.

Well it seemed very out of place. It's not like the art style was done like that through out, or if this particular episode shifted it's direction and gave it that look, it went from a very clean look to something entirely else and was off putting for me.

I'll have to check the animation again though, I swear they were missing loads of frames but I could be mistaken.

The point of the series is to provide a loose construct within which individual creators have a lot of freedom to make whatever sort of thing they want to make. It's essentially an anthology series.

Thought it was going to be barely about anything else but boobie jokes and Dandy and crew dying every couple of episode with an emphasis on just comedy or wacky adventures. Glad to be proven wrong at least.

Aki-at

So I rewatched that specific scene. You're right the animation quality does hold up though I think the bit with one guy running away and then getting hit by a tenticle still seemed rough, or maybe I'm getting senile.

Space Dandy has all sorts of art styles. You'll see that soon enough.

Got to say since I'm not an animation nut I'm not going to enjoy these art style flips as much as others. There was that scene in episode 11 or 12 of Lupin 2015 that everyone loved by (Quick Google search so sorry if I'm mistaken) Yuasa but I wasn't too keen on.

Don't mind it if it's done for comedic effect though.

Luck & Logic 01

Eh, I'm OK with this kind of CG in these circumstances. The bigger issue is familiarizing myself with the world and what these phrases mean in this type of universe.

ROFL, I thought that voice sounded familiar. Kirito's voice is back and he sounds so fucking smug and potentially evil, hahaha

Yes another Logicalist watcher. Im glad your logic led you to checking it out. One of the best anime this season.

when you read anime viewers love Tom and Jerry

then google 'anime tom and jerry' and get nothing but yaoi-fied Tom and Jerry cat/mouse boys lol

How are there people who dont like Tom and Jerry (rewatched the movie >25times). The writing is on the same very high echelon as Scooby Doo (scooby doo where are you? and whats nee scooby doo specifically) and the rivalry is as well done as Naruto.

Luck and Logic 07

How long till Atena and MC fuck? Or Atena and Lucifer?

Orphans Piloting Robots 20

You know I'm not too surprised about what happened to Biscuit's brother. He felt it was entirely on him to save all of his friends and so when they all got slaughtered he clearly took it as hard as one possibly could.

Can't wait to see the asspull they do to win next episode's battle. Will Biscuit actually be a super expert mobile suit pilot even though they;ve never even given the hint he has such capacity!?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 20:

Welcome to Earth and as it turns out the place is a complex web of entangled politics given this series took the unusual step of have a not-united Earth government. Also, I completely sympathize with the guys here as I can't stand anything about fish.

duckroll

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 20:

Welcome to Earth and as it turns out the place is a complex web of entangled politics given this series took the unusual step of have a not-united Earth government. Also, I completely sympathize with the guys here as I can't stand anything about fish.

Watched the episode after getting home from a family dinner celebrating an uncle's birthday. There was fish. Looked pretty similar to what they made too. It was really yummy. Can't relate. :)

Qurupeke

Dimension W 7

That was an interesting episode. Kyoma's backstory was pretty sad, a shame, they were cute with that girl. The island looks like hell, I look forward to the next episode. Should be fun.

blurr

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 20

Good episode, I'll say; Biscuit's predicament is understandable but also unreasonable in the long run. It seems to have sorted out towards the end.

Oceanian Federation's co-operation was short lived. So much for being 'heroes' just because 'someone' from Gjallarhorn had a good influence. The reasoning feels kind of silly, I don't think I'm even being pedantic but okay because mech fights.

This episode had some great looking scenes simply by using lighting effectively.

1. When Orga speaks with Naze - love the luminescence in this scene from the monitor

2. When Orga stands out side the mess hall (?) after hearing about Biscuit's brother - again good use of lighting

phaze

Dimension W 7
This musical lead in for ED really didn't work, being on the heels of a massive plane crash and all.

Seele nr 432. are yet again incompetent morons who let their members do anything they like and let them get away with it.

So I take it everyone agrees Mira is
Kyoma's girlfriend but with robo parts and amnesia ?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W 7
This musical lead in for ED really didn't work, being on the heels of a massive plane crash and all.

Seele nr 432. are yet again incompetent morons who let their members do anything they like and let them get away with it.

So I take it everyone agrees Mira is
Kyoma's girlfriend but with robo parts and amnesia ?

I had not given that much thought but I could see it.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 20

No one appreciates Atra. Turns out Kudelia did do some good after all. Sucks for Savarin though. Biscuit must be paranoid about his sisters now. Makanai sure isn't acting like he has no power. Time to see some more ground combat.

Dimension W 07

Well seeing Kyoma's backstory sure puts a new spin on Mira and his relationship now.
I wonder if he views her in the lens of what could have been and his past he hates which is part of his tough love treatment of her.

Erased Episode 1-7

I think I figured out who the Killer is in this show.

It's
Satoru from a different timeline isn't it? If you remember I think it was either in episode 5 or 6 Satoru had the exact same eyes as the Killer when he was about to kill Kayo's Mom but Kenya stopped him.I think the Killer is Satoru from the future.Or in which a timeline where Kayo is alive.

Cornbread78

Utawarerumono ep.19
Pretty good battles and more Haku trickery in this one. We also got a little more Kouen background info. What can she do that she's hiding? Also, that ending, wtf happened and how. Iy's gotta be an inside job from those aids of his that we just saw.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 3

Wow wow wow, they're actually going through with it. Mirai is staying in the Magic world. And no timey-wimey nonsense either from the looks of it. How does this actually work? Shouldn't Mirai's parents be freaking out? Does Mirai have any friends? Well, grandma is almost certainly a magician, so I guess she can handle everything. So Cure-Up-Ra-Pa-Pa is something everyone says. Lots of little places to build up the world. Pretty typical stuff overall. It did show how Riko is very much a novice in lots of neat little ways. I especially liked the contrast with melting the fruit. Heh, the Magic Crystal gets its own character. Huh, new villain is already going for the transformation trinkets. Clever woman. Mirai gets pissed fast. More intense than angry Riko. I just noticed that the monsters are formed by combining two objects. Neat. A lot more property damage than usual. That spider web was a nice touch. New transformation is boss. Fire ones always were the best. Seems that the Ruby form grants them super strength. New attack isn't as good as Space Diamond, but it is basically Dream's Shooting Star, so I'll let it pass. Looks like Precure is going to be anonymous again. Pity. Next time, we see what the school is actually like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom