• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Well, okay, MAL has the same news:

Update March 27
Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu has been announced to air for five episodes in July 2016. Its broadcast slot will be taken over by Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi in August.

Exalted

Gundam IBO Episode 25 (end)

That was a good episode, and a satisfying ending to the series. Compared to Gundam 00 and Gundam Seed , i liked the charcahters in IBO more, and think they were better written.
Heh, i even like McGillis :p , he is an asshole , but i can't wait to see more of him.

So next season starts in fall?

Moaradin

Sölf;199346026 said:
Well, okay, MAL has the same news:

Only 5 episodes? That's weird and extremely disappointing. Apparently the Seven Deadly Sins thing is only a few episodes as well.

Is this normal?

BluWacky

Sölf;199345982 said:
Someone here who can read japanese?

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/181257

Chariot thought that says we only get 5 new episodes of Arslan S2. D:

The 日5枠 in the title is the "Nichigo Slot", TBS's 5pm on Sunday anime programming block. It doesn't say anywhere in that article that it's only running for 5 episodes...

Basically it says that the second season will be called something like "Arslan - Dust Whirl", Eir Aoi does the OP, Kalafina does the ED etc. Most of it just recaps the previous season.

Really not sure where people are getting the five episodes thing from - is there another article that says that? Or is it just because of the Seven Deadly Sins short series?

Only 5 episodes? That's weird and extremely disappointing. Apparently the Seven Deadly Sins thing is only a few episodes as well.

Is this normal?

I think Arslan S2 is 8 episodes; that's what I saw elsewhere.

Either way, Nichigo's lineup for this year is pretty strange. Normally they show 2-cour or longer shows, but now there's 3 shorter shows on the timeslot. I can only assume they really wanted MHA/Arslan/Nanatai, but Bandai twisted the station's arm to keep IBO on there.

duckroll

I think Arslan S2 is 8 episodes; that's what I saw elsewhere.

That's what we're guessing based on the schedule so far. They haven't actually said anything. Aslan starts in July, and IBO2 starts in October, so that gives it a one season block. But in August they're running a 4 week 7 Deadly Sins special thingy in the same slot, so those are weeks where there won't be Aslan.

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam - 25 (End)

Ending was pretty satisfying.
Ein not managing to kill even a single one
could be a bit of a cop out, but I don't care~, I'm happy.
Mika not giving a single shit while Ein was rambling on and on was fun.
McMask is an asshole, but he's entertaining to watch. I don't think his definition of 'reforming Gjallarhorn' is everyone elses definition of 'reforming' though.
Poor
Gaelio. He was too pure :(

Just T

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 9

xUOWoKF.png

Well then.

That's what we're guessing based on the schedule so far. They haven't actually said anything. Aslan starts in July, and IBO2 starts in October, so that gives it a one season block. But in August they're running a 4 week 7 Deadly Sins special thingy in the same slot, so those are weeks where there won't be Aslan.

So bizarre.

Those Kiznaiver impressions are kinda hilarious.

Like what?

Speaking of humor, I saw prescreening impressions of Mayoiga episode 1 that say it's comedy good. Guess Mizushima does it again.

Sölf

I just looked at the Heavy Object LNs, is the final anime arc (EP 23+24) anime only? Seems the novels continue different after the previous arc with the immigrant settlement.

kewlmyc

Sölf;199348536 said:
I just looked at the Heavy Object LNs, is the final anime arc (EP 23+24) anime only? Seems the novels continue different after the previous arc with the immigrant settlement.
Yes it is.

Koyomimonogatari 12

What the heck lmfao. This series man. I am so lost in all of these timelines and name drops that the things I see more often than not make little sense to me. This is another one of those occasions.

SNAFU Season 2 Ep.7
Ehh, everything is progressing so slow. I don't like how slow and in the air all is. Way too little concrete is being said. Why are you doing this to me. I want to love you.

Sölf

Durarara x2 36 END
Man, this really ends, right? I will definitly miss this show and the great cast it had. Since this has finished now, is there any hope for a second season of Baccano? There is, right? Please tell me. Just do it. ;___;

Humanity has declined

This was a great show, I loved the art, the structure, the pokes at economics and the meta stuff which managed to avoid relying on the viewer being already familiar with anime/manga. I may have to dive back in to rewatch in light of how each episode informs what happened in the arc before. My favourite episodes are probably the
Boy Love manga industry and the 'Assistant is a generic asshole MC' stuff from the episode where the fairies keep cloning Mediator.

Excellent show and I highly recommend it (0% fan service too!).

Sölf;199349978 said:
Durarara x2 36 END
Man, this really ends, right? I will definitly miss this show and the great cast it had. Since this has finished now, is there any hope for a second season of Baccano? There is, right? Please tell me. Just do it. ;___;
Id prefer if the Izaya novel and SH get animated instead of more Baccano.

Qurupeke

Dimension W [END]

I liked the ending, even if it still leaves a lot of things unresolved. I guess because the manga is probably still going.
RIP Loser
Overall, it was an okay series. Not something exciting, not something terrible. Mira is the best.

Gundam IBO 25

Well that was amazing. From beginning to end this show delivered, Okada delivered. Pretty glad this one is also getting a second season, since I want to see more of this world and characters.

Sterok

Nurse Witch Komugi R 12

Well that was a nice final concert. And Tsukasa/Yuto finally said what Kokona was thinking. Not a particularly good magical girl or idol show, but it was fun to watch as a combination of both.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 25:

This feels like it was at one point written to be he definitive end of the series was actually resolved here but they certainly left enough of a hook to have a second season and let us pray to the Gundam gods that second season merely be disappointing rather then a torrid stain on the franchise the retroactively ruins everything good about the first season.

Only started watching the anime but Assassination Classroom manga just finished? nooooooooooooo, so sad. i hope the author does a sequel. Really good light hearted fun

Taruranto

Is this normal?

S1 sales were pretty bad, IIRC. I'm surprised it even got a S2 (Arslan, I mean)

They tried to turn into a multi-media franchise, but they failed. Didn't help that the author chose to alienate the main audience for this before the anime aired.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W Episode 12:

Actually one of the better Go Read The Manga endings I have witnessed as it resolved enough of the ongoing story to offer a satisfactory conclusion while still leaving enough dangling plot threads that the door is not completely closed should a new season arise. It is actually pretty impressive that both Dimension W and Iron Blooded Orphans managed to pull this off as we have seen this is very tricky at the best of times. As far the possibility of a second season goes, that is a tough one to gauge for I am unsure if this has helped the manga or things of that nature. What we do know is this show has been doing excellent on the Toonami block, averaging out to about 1.2 million viewers a week and that could be the tipping point for season 2.

Exalted

Dimension W Episode 12 (end)

A good ending to a decent show. While the plot and storytelling was confusing at times in the show, and the made up technology was a bit strange :p, it did still manage to resolve its story and have a satisfying ending . Probably the main reason i liked this show were it's characters. I really liked Mira and Kyoma.

Didn't Arslan even get a musou game that even got brought over to the west? I always thought it was pretty damn popular, even though I sorta dropped it half-way through it due to it getting a little boring for me.

Dimension W 12

So yeah like the others said before, the show itself was pretty decent and the ending was satisfying enough while leaving threads that could potentially be picked up for a second season. Mira and Mabuchi's interactions were great and they made a good pair so that was fun to watch. The action was pretty good, my problem was with the plot at times. But oh well, still a decent watch. I'll probably watch Season 2 if it ever comes our way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

FkZATppl.jpg

And thus the world of Tatsunoko is saved through the power of idols thus proving once again that idolness is indeed the saviour that will save anime.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Durarara 2x end
It finally come to an end, a story about twisted love that happen in Ikebukuro city. I must say i am quite satisfied with the ending. Almost every plot thread got resolved, and everything end nicely. Dotachin and co is still keeping peace, Varona and Sloan goes back to Russia, Izaya defeat at the hand of Shizuo and moving out from Ikebukuro, stalker got kidnapped by his yandere stalker (RIP, forever tortured), Celty goes back with Shinra while her head transferred to Chicago. Mikado, Kida, and Anri finally reunited. Yup, beautiful.

Just T

Dimension W: 12

I think this was a nice finale, enjoyed it a lot actually. Overall, this was one of my favorites this season even though it had some issues early on with the pacing and even in the end some mysteries, though the manga is still on-going so I'll let that part go for now. Kyouma and Mira were pretty good leads to watch and it was nice to see "piece of junk" turn into a term of endearment along the way haha. Would definitely watch a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom