• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the New World 3

I miss Jun Arai.

I'm surprised the composer doesn't seem to have done any VN work, because any of his music that's not darkly ambient sounds straight out of a generic cheap VN. Makes me long to not have any happy scenes in this show.

I don't like harems but I'd appreciate the show just for attempting to do something different.

howd that be any different than things like Sakurasou, Luck & Logic, even Asterisk War where they are either living in the same house, or in dorms.

I guess you could add partying and greek life, and more adults in general. Not sure if showing drug use is allowed in anime though.

I'm pretty sure there are not. From what I understand, Japanese university life is pretty simple and often dull - the entrance exams are the most important part and then you just coast through until you can pick up the degree and get a job.

Ah I see. I think Golden Time is the only anime I've seen that showed college life in Japan.

CehoV2tUMAAnJe_.jpg:large

Gantz CG project in 2016.

(lol)

Gantz was one of those Mangas people cared about but I remember really hating the lead for being a Douche and also a cry baby compared to everyone else.

Maybe one day I'll reread it.

in the year 2018, the only anime left will be

1. grimdark manly shows with bad cgi
2. idols
3. shows with all male casts
4. cute horse/ship/whatever girls doing cute things

Gantz is one of those weird manga that I enjoyed but I honestly couldn't say why.

Inuyashiki is amazingly a much better work from the same dude. It's actually kinda surprising.

...then there's Gantz G which came out from a different mangaka and it's just the straight worst.

Gantz is one of those weird manga that I enjoyed but I honestly couldn't say why.

Inuyashiki is amazingly a much better work from the same dude. It's actually kinda surprising.

...then there's Gantz G which came out from a different mangaka and it's just the straight worst.

inuyashiki in cgi anime would be good if this takes off.

I'm pretty sure there are not. From what I understand, Japanese university life is pretty simple and often dull - the entrance exams are the most important part and then you just coast through until you can pick up the degree and get a job.

Hm... Didn't they show some kind of dorm in the K-On College manga?

Heaven's Feel gonna come out in 2017. Three films.

Director Tomonori Sudou

The director is the one interesting part of this, as he's a long-time ufotable animator whose only previous directing credit is episode 5 of Fate/Zero. Edit: I missed this, but he also directed the Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin film.

Hm... Didn't they show some kind of dorm in the K-On College manga?

I haven't read that, but I was thinking more the frat and the are Japanese universities like US universities part.

Can't wait. I doubt it'll get released over here (UK) so it'll probably be like 2018 before I get to see it though ;_;

Earlier we talked about how here in Canada and in the UK we are still waiting for Kizumonogatari part 1. This is going to be a similar deal, we are gonna have to wait for the BD releases. So yeah, 2018 sounds about right.

Koyomimonogatari 12 END

B R A V O N I S I O
A
V
O
N
I
S
I
O

Considering almost every single character, even the most minor/never thought I would see you again of them showed up this episode, I'm going to latch on to the one that I didn't see. Dramaturgie. Or Guillotine Cutter's church.

T-Rex.

Banned
Earlier we talked about how here in Canada and in the UK we are still waiting for Kizumonogatari part 1. This is going to be a similar deal, we are gonna have to wait for the BD releases. So yeah, 2018 sounds about right.
It's pretty shit. The only anime movie I can remember being released in cinemas here (or properly advertised, maybe) is Resurrection of Frieza.

Clov

Fate/Extra by... Shaft? I know they did the CCC opening, but I can't say I expected that. Guess I'll check it out whenever it airs.

Cornbread78

Trinity 7 ep.4-6
Oh Arata, such a straight forward guy you are. He loves his harem, that's for sure. The show is still trashy, but it's kinda fun at the same time, so it's all good. Looks like we met our antagonist well and damn she got some fine legs, lol.... yup, I laughed.

Moaradin

Despite the animation sometimes, I really enjoyed Arslan Senki. Even then some of the key fights were pretty awesome. Seems like it's gonna go way beyond the manga adaption.

is that Daryun's spear?

Just T

Koyomimonogatari: 12

Been waiting for this moment since episode 1 and it did not disappoint, that was some pretty good buildup throughout the ep. Now to wait for Owari 3, which I hope won't take too long, took a peak a good while back and there is some fantastic stuff in there.

Thoraxes

Looks like Viz has JoJo home distro rights after all.
I don't know if anyone's heard yet, but Viz Media has confirmed that they will be doing their own DVD and BD releases of Jojo's Parts 1-4.

Fucking finally.

Fuck. All I wanted was a proper not shit release cause even I stayed away from Warner's garbage.

Finally.

I got all the money saved up for this. Whenever they release it my cash will be there.

Jarmel

Banned
Not sure how I feel about the Fate/Extra announcement. The final episode should look fucking amazing though as the art direction for the final level in the game was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom