• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimension W

Ok but not fantastic ending but closed Kyoma's character arc well. I want a season 2 of Kyoma and Mira doing collecting jobs.

Also my favorite OP and ED of the season

kewlmyc

Dropped -

KonoSuba

He7cSy2.gif

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans 25

Well,
Carta confirmed dead but I did not expect Gaelio to fall too, in the hands of McGillis at that
. That unexpected event aside, everything else went as expected. Looking forward to the next season.

Overall, I had a lot of fun watching the show, especially the mech battles but I can't really say I'm entirely satisfied with the story and writing. A reminder that I should watch more mecha, I haven't seen enough to gauge IBO's standards/style in the mecha genre.

I have to check out Koyomimonogatari.

I wrote a bunch of words about the final scene in DurararaX2 - entire string of tweets, too much to write again >_<

Oji-San and Marshmellow 12.
Ok ending,
I kinda expected the kid to be a niece or something. Hige ain't that kind of dude.
Need season 2 tho, must see Wakabayashi get the baby.

Lol at J-cup ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Quasar

Guess I'll play along...

Watched/Watching weekly:
Erased
Grimgar
Dagashi
Phantom World
Konosuba
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
Gate
Shirayuki
Dimension W
Koyomimonogatari
Galko-chan
Muco

Started, am behind though:
Rakugo

Dropped:
Pandora in the Crimson Shell
Divine Gate
Active Raid
Haruchika
Bubuki Baranki
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
Luck & Logic
Norn9
Prince of Stride

blurr

Speaking of season 2s I sorely need a season 2 for Oshiete Galko-chan. It just feels so cruel that it's so short (-__-).

I haven't caught up with Rakugo in a while, I think the last I saw was episode 9. I intend to wrap it up in one go once all of it finishes airing.

Jintor

Euph 10

Blonde kouhai is rubbish kouhai

Euph 11

Kaori an actual adult. Most of band usual no-directioners. "Love confession" scene incredible. These kids don't respect each other's personal space tho

duckroll

I can't be bothered to watch a 50 minute first episode, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say I probably won't get around to it.

By the time you decide to get around to it, the complete home video version will probably be available, and it'll be a 90 minute first episode. Lol. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
what

Seeing 2 minutes of live action Mirai Nikki probably put me off from watching anything of its kind for good.
arakawa01.jpg

bRhK38B.jpg

Yeah man! I believe it was sponsored by Square Enix as well.

-----

I'm just waiting for season 2 of Rakugo. Kobayashi please.

Although I'm sure they'll find a way to not include her in the show then as well. lol

Jintor

I think I'm on the minority that found Galko absolutely terrible...

*shakes fist* get outta here, it's great

sound ufo 12-13 -end-

god damn. like... fuck. that was incredible. the tension. the relief. the yuri-not-yuri. the music. that was an experience.

the music animation in particular. Incredible.

ugh. kyoani stuff always looks so gorgeous

blurr

It definitely looks better than Hyouka. I saw Hyouka after I watched Eupho; they're close but I have to hand it to Hyouka. Such neat presentation and narrative.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for KyoAni produced cooking anime.

TheRancor

It's definitely looks better than Hyouka.
I don't think so. Perhaps the digital post-processing and photography might be more appealing to some along with the insane detail on its instruments but the animation in Hyouka is still superior and more consistent, not to mention the various types of visually inventive scenes they pulled off.

Utawarerumono the False Face 25
I guess we'll see how everything goes in 2026.
Kuon got majorly screwed in this episode, and the seires as a whole. It seemed like she would be a really strong female protagonist. Kuon was the daughter of our last game/anime's protagonist and seemed to have powers as well. She got pushed aside early on for Haku though.Maybe in the next game/anime we will see an interesting conflict, but as I said, the last one took about 10 years.

blurr

I don't think so. Perhaps the digital post-processing and photography might be more appealing to some along with the insane detail on its instruments but the animation in Hyouka is still superior and more consistent, not to mention the various types of visually inventive scenes they pulled off.

I think it would be more fair to say that Hyouka's animation and visuals were fitting for its neat style & theme. The same goes for the grandeur of Eupho's visuals and animation which IMO stood out more overall.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It's definitely looks better than Hyouka. I saw Hyouka after I watched Eupho; they're close but I have to hand it to Hyouka. Such neat presentation and narrative.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for KyoAni produced cooking anime.
Dungeon Meshi by Kyoani will be the shit

TheRancor

I think it would be more fair to say, that Hyouka's animation and visuals were fitting for its neat style & theme. The same goes for the grandeur of Eupho's visuals and animation which IMO stood out more overall.
Fair enough but I'm not really seeing the grandeur in Eupho aside from the last episode. I will also mention that the first half of Euphonium was handicapped in it's production/animation because a number of staff were busy working on that Kyoukai no Kanata movie.

blurr

Fair enough but I'm not really seeing the grandeur in Eupho aside from the last episode. I will also mention that the first half of Euphonium was handicapped in it's production/animation because a number of staff were busy working on that Kyoukai no Kanata movie.

Really? it's been a while since I watched but I starkly remember how impressive the first episode is and other moments through out the rest of the show(
Reina saying "that's just like you Oumae", "Kumiko running with tears in her eyes", "Episode 8 with Kumiko and Reina alone"
), not just the last episode.

Sölf

Really? it's been a while since I watched but I starkly remember how impressive the first episode is and other moments through out the rest of the show(
Reina saying "that's just like you Oumae", "Kumiko running with tears in her eyes", "Episode 8 with Kumiko and Reina alone"

I also found Euphonium rather boring in the first half. It just wasn't really fun to watch and Reina, albeit seeming important, had like no interactions at all. It got better in the second half, but the first one was not good and I dropped/paused it after 3 or 4 episodes and wouldn't have continued it were it not for the positive reactions here.

TheRancor

I wasn't too impressed by the first episode but I'm not saying there weren't other moments where the visuals shine, a number of good animation cuts throughout, this is kyoani after all but the first half of the show was definitely more stiff than the latter half. As for the last episode, the photography and instrument detail playing were in overdrive that screamed grandeur compared to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom