• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, a bunch of super awesome anime coming up this year.

Boku no Hero Academia
Mob Psycho 100
D-Gray Man

More seasons of:
Shokugeki no Soma
Gundam IBO
Haikyuu
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Plus all the cool new stuff that I don't even know about. Pretty hype.

Also for this season:

1. Haikyuu
2. Rakugo
3. Gundam IBO
4. Grimgar
5. Erased
6. Gintama
7. DImension W

Ranked in that order too.

Jintor

gonna restart utena (i'm on hold after the second arc, was overdosing on shoujo) next.

pick up boku no hero and mob psycho for week-to-week.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul will be total 24 episodes.

http://blog.5012.jp/ohishi/archives/2016/03/post_535.html
『神撃のバハムート・バージンソウル』
30分×24本。

awesome_to_the_max.gif

Also, trailer showing off the JAM project song for Garo Divine Flame, with some more footage.

Ema is spiderwoman. Alphonso got a metal horse. New knight who uses a spear certainly isn't evil, certainly.

jgminto

I know very few are watching Ace of Diamond but the season finale was absolute garbage. In the first five minutes of the episodes, they montage'd through the final inning of the climactic regional finals between two massive rival teams with a knockoff version of Ride of the Valkyries. Why the hell would you do that? They spent multiple episodes on this game and then kill all of the remaining dramatic tension just like that? I can't believe I've spent over two years watching this fucking show...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The first Shingeki no Bahamut couldn't put together very many good episodes and people are excited that its continuation has 24 episodes...

Sölf

The first Shingeki no Bahamut couldn't put together very many good episodes and people are excited that its continuation has 24 episodes...

I loved S1. The second half wasn't as good as the first, but heck, give me more of it!

Schwarzes Marken Episode 12 END

Great ending though
Theodor ends up the biggest loser again, first imouto and now Irisdina, he just cant keep the ones he loves from dying, no hope for the only surviving main femchar :(

I liked the mecha fights in this, it kind of delivered where Gundam didn't lace much emphasis at times, and also some of the sound effects in this were really good and noticable. For example in todays episode in the Theodor and Beatrix fight when the music cuts out and its just the sound of mecha on mecha action, the knife being deployed was the best sounds, and then the sound when sparks were hitting the body.Needed more.

Ill miss it, though it does leave open the beta question that is always on my mind, why stay in a border town when the BETA are just right there. Id flee Berlin or even Germany and choose somewhere insulated by many other countries, or go to America.

I know very few are watching Ace of Diamond but the season finale was absolute garbage. In the first five minutes of the episodes, they montage'd through the final inning of the climactic regional finals between two massive rival teams with a knockoff version of Ride of the Valkyries. Why the hell would you do that? They spent multiple episodes on this game and then kill all of the remaining dramatic tension just like that? I can't believe I've spent over two years watching this fucking show...

I didn't mind, no need to spend 7-8mins on 3 batters who wasn't hitting Furaya, last week the preview say season final, could be series finale depending on the sales, also if we get a season 3, won't happen for a while, only 28 chapters into the second act of the manga..

Man, a bunch of super awesome anime coming up this year.

Boku no Hero Academia
Mob Psycho 100
D-Gray Man

More seasons of:
Shokugeki no Soma
Gundam IBO
Haikyuu
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Plus all the cool new stuff that I don't even know about. Pretty hype.

Also for this season:

1. Haikyuu
2. Rakugo
3. Gundam IBO
4. Grimgar
5. Erased
6. Gintama
7. DImension W

Ranked in that order too.

I hope HeroAca is all anime original content, dont even go over the manga if its just going to be a 13 episode anime. So many of the characters wont even do anything of note in 13 episodes. Very dissapointing.

Cornbread78

I’m not sure why, but I wasted time this morning updating the Spring Preview Thread:

OP updated with New PVs for:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable
Bakuon!!
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Terra Formars Revenge
Joker Game
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Hundred
Mayoiga
Flying Witch
Sousei no Onmyouji (Twin Star Exorcists)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197838

Ace of Diamond Second Seasons Episode 51 (END)
CeovmhJWwAAMSFD.jpg

Slightly dissapointing in the final inning as I wanted to at least hear Raichi's laugh one more time, but I think it was worth it for all the stuff we got post game. We got to see so many familiar faces (all my favs of Inashiro), the new first years of various teams (Seto and Okumura) some random moments of normal life for Miyuki, and others, and the Seido third years and some nice tears.

Im glad this anime was made and glad it managed to be one of the few entries in sports series to a least fully adapt nearly 400 chapters in one straight shot (looking at you Area no Kishi for ending at the start of a tournament, ugh).

Ill miss it, mainly its sound effects and music and animating the comedy scenes since the manga kind of j ust gives them one panel and thats it. Also the voices, Sawamura's was the best, and Yuki Kaji as Mei, KENN as Carlos!!!, and a few others.

Hope some more is made five years from now. Best.

fertygo

I don't mind, the anime make it hella cheesy but the point of the story Yakushi already lose at previous eps, and Raichi never get his chance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 196:

A better title for this episode is fast forward to destruction because over the course of this episode things accelerate to where they should look like in the manga, well a proximity of the manga since as usual so much as been changed or omitted. Still, with the power of yet another true star seed behind her Galaxia throws the world into chaos as per the standard for the ending of an arc, of course with the stakes much higher since this is the last one. Also since the factions still can't put up a united front against the enemy they find themselves yet again routed by her. The big upshot here is for the first time since the first season the Inner Guardians die at the hands of the big bad, or at least their psychical manifestations end. The series did a horrible job explaining what the Star Seeds actually are, treating them like the McGuffin of the season and not much more. The episode ends with Uasgi noticing the Earth Crystal and putting two and tow together and relating that Momoru has been likewise obliterated.

duckroll

Knight in the Area anime is dead, the anime sales were dreadful and the only way we see another season someone else buys the rights...

Someday Ill get to the manga, I still just cant believe they ended the anime there, they might as well have just ended it a few episodes earlier, unless it had suddenly got its episode count reduced or cut, I just dont understand otherwise.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 197:

Well then, Sailor Moon's day just keeps getting worse and worse as the Outers step up to the plate and with predictable results get fairly decimated by Galaxia, who quite frankly looks like isn't even working up half of a sweat here. Oh right, before that we get extended flashbacks with Mamoru encountering Galaxia that amounts to the shit we already know quite frankly. Lot of flashbacks this episode now that I think about s I surmise this episode might have been running short. Anyway, the major event that transpires is that after having their collective asses handed to them and choice of serve me or die is offered and the thing is Uranus and Neptune accept because taking the underhanded option towards the end goal has always been a part of their characters.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 8

Riko has really bad luck with her statements. So Kei is going to be the source of the rumor mill. Emily looks like she'll have a bigger arc, so all three side girls are in for the long haul. Mirai is good at the whole following her instincts for good results thing. Miracle's new attack splits up the monster. That's neat.

Utawarerumono the False Face 25
I guess we'll see how everything goes in 2026.
Kuon got majorly screwed in this episode, and the seires as a whole. It seemed like she would be a really strong female protagonist. Kuon was the daughter of our last game/anime's protagonist and seemed to have powers as well. She got pushed aside early on for Haku though.Maybe in the next game/anime we will see an interesting conflict, but as I said, the last one took about 10 years.

The next game is coming out in September, so there won't be any ten year wait if they decide to make an anime adaptation for that too.

Jarmel

Banned
The surprising part is that Makoto Bessho wasn't picked to carry the torch.

Guess some of y'all gonna be watching Exodus sooner than expected . ;)

pbayne

Heroman End

hwdnYRE.jpg

A really simple show done well is probably the best way to describe this. I enjoy the moral simplicity here as here are the good guys, this is why you root for them and here's the bad guys, this is why you boo them. Very Saturady morning-esque but it gets the job done.

Pros:

-Joey Jones (yep definitely a Stan Lee name) is a really likable protagonist. No moral dilemmas, no deep emotional issues or no backing down from a challenge he is like an ideal hero. But even if he isn't the most fleshed out character ever(he gets a little development) you want to always see him succeed, which gives a lot of emotional investment to everything he does. And a big plus for me, he dosen't confuse courage for stupidity for example he won't blindly rush into fights he can't win or can avoid.
-Heroman's design and all-around badassery is a joy to watch. Surprisingly they get a good deal of emotional connection between him and Joey(kind of a father/son thing) despite the fact Heroman has no expressions.
-Lina and Joey's fumbling romance was handled well. It was pre-established so it never felt forced or tacked on. And she(and all the supporting cast) were likable.
-Good logical foreshadowing and plot progression(apart from a bit of rushing in the end). Again doesn't do anything revolutionary but keeps the story progressing at a nice pace.
-BONES. Yeah i generally enjoy most things they do and this was no exception. Very nicely choreographed action and love the bold, vibrant colors, makes the show feel like it leaped right off a comic page.
-It was fun. I couldn't help put get caught up in all the feel good moments of the show, it was like being a kid again. Any time an insert song was used or Heroman punched someone's lights out I got so into it.

Cons:

-Completely flaccid teaser for a season 2. No one wants to see Minami again.
-Will. They had something interesting going with him. He was portrayed as the Punisher to Joey's Captain America but they didn't really use him enough and straight out forgot about him in the end. Missed opportunity.
-Animation and production takes a bit of a dip in the final stretch(the flow of some scenes is really weird) and it feels awfully rushed at the end.
-Show peaks in its first arc. Not that the rest isn't good but the show never matches the tension and action of those first nine episodes.

So yeah if Stan Lee wants to make more anime id be up for it.
As long as he dosen't fucking put himself in it.

Snow White With Red Hair Episode 24 END

Cheesy romance ending, thoughI did have entertaining thoughts imagining some point if Raj would seriously get into actually pursuing hime, she would have a choice to make.

Anyway, good season, best part was easily the part with Obi, hime, and Raj. Obi needs to transfer to Raj so we could have all those good times, though Ill miss him teasing Mitsuhide.
Cepg6xHWQAEwZMd.jpg

Still rankwise Obi best, Raj second best, little Ryu third.

So yeah if Stan Lee wants to make more anime id be up for it.
As long as he dosen't fucking put himself in it.

You're in luck; Stan Lee is attached to the upcoming anime The Reflection with Hiroshi Nagahama, the director of Mushishi and Flowers of Evil, at Studio DEEN.

Really? Is there anything linking him to LotGH?

I don't think he's had any prior involvement with the franchise, but moving from one I.G. Port revival of a classic sci-fi franchise to another wouldn't be crazy.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-Hime S2 END
tYdoedY.gif

Image is from earlier episode, but it shows how much they really hammed up this final episode. They also really played up her harem for the last episode, by showing everyone again and their love for her as well. The story is definitely not complete, as there was no real end to the story and they left it wide open to explore the Prince Zen Shirayuki relationship further (together of course) I'm not sure if there will be future stuff coming out from the manga, but this was a cute and comfy shoujo for the most part (outside of all those kidnappings) and it will be a missed break from all the other crazy stuff out there.

I just wanted to post this gif 1 last time, as it was was an amazing episode visually from earlier in the series:

j8sW0uK.gif

studyguy

Is it just me or was it painfully obvious that there was no budget left for Grimgar on the last episode? Weird issues with editing and the final fight being almost a powerpoint (albeit really nicely painted in the same watercolor aesthetic). I really hope it gets a S2.

Is it just me or was it painfully obvious that there was no budget left for Grimgar on the last episode? Weird issues with editing and the final fight being almost a powerpoint (albeit really nicely painted in the same watercolor aesthetic). I really hope it gets a S2.

It wasn't budget; it was time. The production was very ambitious, and it ran out of time to keep up that same quality until the end. Episode 11 set a record for the most animation directors working on a single TV episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom