• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

There was nothing to wrap one's head around. It wasn't a difficult show. It was empty and baseless.

You can't separate a piece of the show just because it's convenient to you. Sure, the show did that with everything as it was convenient for the awful plot, but that's not what I'm going to do.

The fact that Genesis exists simply as a panacea for possibility means there aren't rules that govern Anything. Since Genesis was possible, anything is possible.

And even without Genesis, the long-dead Doctor was still able to comeback in Dimension W. form to give a completely physical coil to Mira.

Absolute nonsense.

I think I can just fine.
Let me rephrase things a bit. I'm fine when a magic/science/etc-system can in theory be used to do anything. What I care about is the how it is done and how it can be explained/justified within the system, without going 'lol it happened, because it happened'.
You probably don't care about that since you see no system to begin with in Dimension W, but I do.
Genesis was the endgame-thing that can't be just created with the snip of a finger. Well yeah, I'm going to be dissappointed if there would be a season 2 where everyone and their mother had a Genesis in their pocket and did whatever just because.

And about the Doctor.
That was the coil he used in episode one, that made everything malfunction and blew up. That was obviously a special thing, and I think he got sucked into Dimension W when he used it and Miras coil going wild created a 'connection'.

That will make a nice stopping point, nice.

Sölf

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul will be total 24 episodes.

http://blog.5012.jp/ohishi/archives/2016/03/post_535.html
『神撃のバハムート・バージンソウル』
30分×24本。

tkRE8oj.gif

5mQ8Tea.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Grimgar end
Started out as a jobber, end it by becoming a decent soldier. Series is full of flaw like executive meddling, shoddy animation, and unnecessary fanservice. But, i like how the story unfold and how Haruhiro grow as a leader and overcome his trauma. Life goes on for them, and that's it. No epic conclusion or anything, just a bunch of adventurer progressing forward bit by bit.

God Eaters end

So, it only adapt 1/3 of the first God Eaters Burst. So yeah, this is one of those wait for another season or play the game ending. Lenka literally goes super saiyan and save the day. I feel like watching a wasted potential, the anime. The action was good, but the pacing and dialogue was bad...

The previous shingeki no bahamut fell apart towards the end and that had only one cour, so this isn't inherently good news to me either. If it ends up being good and the pacing is better for it, sure, more will be better.

Having been a strong fan of a particular video game, Aoba Suzukaze, a high school graduate, begins working at the game's developer, Eagle Jump, as a CG artist. As she works on modelling and designing characters for games in development, she becomes acquainted with her fellow co-workers in the character design department, as well as those across the company.

That sounds like an incoming masterpiece.

Jintor

Having been a strong fan of a particular video game, Aoba Suzukaze, a high school graduate, begins working at the game's developer, Eagle Jump, as a CG artist. As she works on modelling and designing characters for games in development, she becomes acquainted with her fellow co-workers in the character design department, as well as those across the company.

depends how shirobako we get

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
this is one of the shows i want to watch this season

I was told the manga was good. I'll reserve judgement until I find out what platform the game she likes is for.

If not arcade or mobile then fukkn pass on this.

Jintor

also, i liked sound eupho a lot from the beginning (MC is stronk) but it's definitely when Reina enters the picture proper that the show really takes off. She is fascinating.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
depends how shirobako we get

Nah, it won't be full of technical stuff if they just adapt the manga.
Surprisingly close to reality since the author work in a game studio before he change job to mangaka. There's the usual overtime near deadline, office hijinks, awkward communication with teammates, games getting leaked before announcement, regular check-up, that kind of stuff. But yeah, this is more Gochumon usagi than Shirobako

blurr

I think I knew I liked her when she heard the concert band and everyone was like "oh man not bad" and she's like "woah they suck"

The beginning more or less reminded me of my school days, I was in a Piano club and I just memorized songs, never actually read music sheets or even learned to read lol (which I regret now).

I'm just waiting for season 2 of Rakugo. Kobayashi please.

Although I'm sure they'll find a way to not include her in the show then as well. lol

Kobayashi's character has already been very present in episodes 11 and 12, as well as episode 1 of course and the end of episode 10, and she should continue to be present in the second half of the story. But she's not the main character, so if all you want is The Kobayashi Show you won't be satisfied.

Is it just going to be the same as the OVA? And probably like the OVA never be available in English.

We'll have to keep hoping for an English disc release, as long as something stupid doesn't happen to it as with Sentai's Gatchaman Crowds.

I don't think so. Perhaps the digital post-processing and photography might be more appealing to some along with the insane detail on its instruments but the animation in Hyouka is still superior and more consistent, not to mention the various types of visually inventive scenes they pulled off.

I agree that Hyouka is the better animated show - which isn't too much of a knock on Sound Euphonium, considering Hyouka is a legitimate candidate for best-animated TV anime ever. Still I prefer Sound Euphonium a bit overall, not due to any visual reason but due to the excellent treatment of music both thematically and aurally, as well as good character development of all the main characters.

Wow 2 cour. My fear would be the story will drag slowly.

There's certainly nothing inherently inferior about 2-cour stories to 1-cour stories; it just requires greater planning to be successful. Garo the Animation was longer than Rage of Bahamut Genesis, but was more successful because it had a stronger vision that was consistently carried through.

Regalia The Three Sacred Stars(2016 summer) PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJPAuTLNUo4

Doesn't look too good, but it does have 2D robots for those who care about that.

Cornbread78

maybe i'm just riding high off just finishing it but I think I liked Sound UFO better than Hyouka

I have to side with Hyouka here, just barely though. I mean, neither one of them were...

My vote goes to S1 of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

Utawarerumono the False Face 25
I guess we'll see how everything goes in 2026.
Kuon got majorly screwed in this episode, and the seires as a whole. It seemed like she would be a really strong female protagonist. Kuon was the daughter of our last game/anime's protagonist and seemed to have powers as well. She got pushed aside early on for Haku though.Maybe in the next game/anime we will see an interesting conflict, but as I said, the last one took about 10 years.

I'm now pissed again, such a crap ending.

So... anyone else gonna watch Hundred?
I really really need to know if its gonna be as bad as IS.
Its a NEED!

Yes, yes, generic LN trash that I will give a shot to see if it can be entertaining.

YES!

From the New World 5

The BD alterations make this episode more understandable than the TV version, mostly by altering the color palette to something more grounded, but Yamauchi's emphasis on tight close-ups still make it difficult to follow. It works in the prison tree scene to bring out the erotic tension, but on the other hand a fair bit of action shows up this episode for the first time in the series and that's all handled poorly. It was a bad idea to have Yamauchi do this episode, at least without closer supervision, as much as I like his aesthetic sense. The best parts of this episode are the work of Junichi Hayama, who does better character designs than the show's character designer, and Kenji Matsumoto, as strong a background artist as he ever is.

Jintor

lol. i'm going back through old eupho reactions.

i feel like i should've watched this real-time (apparently there's a shot in the last episode of the night sky which shows an actual celestial phenomena from the time in which the episode is set AND aired, for whatever reason) but also I really, really enjoyed shotgunning it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom