• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE FOUR: The Black Swordsman

So Silicia is introduced, conned out of her healing items in a game of death, and is almost killed before being saved by the Black Swordsman. Oh and her dragon Pina died. But good guy Kirito is on the case and knows how to revive NPC pets. Why does he help her? Because she reminds him of Suguha...yeah I don't see it either folks.

FZNXgxs.gif

XVA4S1j.gif

I put Bahamut in the same family, though not as bad, as Ben-to. A show with HUGE potential that was super fun, but someone in the staff reminded the team it was anime so they had to add boobs and ecchi and an annoying violent tsundere yuri.

Looking at the coming season's shows, wow there sure is a flood of shounen action coming.

I put Bahamut in the same family, though not as bad, as Ben-to. A show with HUGE potential that was super fun, but someone in the staff reminded the team it was anime so they had to add boobs and ecchi and an annoying violent tsundere yuri.

Bahamut didn't shit the bed anywhere as badly as Ben-to did in its 2nd half.

Cornbread78

Love Hina ep.7-9
Holy crap, I never realized the frog scene in Konosuba was a parody of a scene from friggen Love Hina, lol. Oh well, the show is still pretty funny, but not at good as most romcoms out there. Thus also isn't really a harem outside of the fact he lives with all woman.
It should be classified as a SoL series at this point as it's just wacky people doing everyday stuff with no plot, drama or romance involved.

Genshiken S2 E9
Things are getting too real and depressing. Damn, I watch anime to forget about real-life troubles, not relieve them in animation.
I ought to finish Genshiken quickly and jump to something more upbeat. My Little Monster, please don't disappoint. You have a lot of repairing to do.
Love Hina ep.7-9
Whaa, Love Hina. That brings back memories. One of the first harem anime I watched way back when it was still new. Music is great and it made remember the name Yui Horie.

Cornbread78

Whaa, Love Hina. That brings back memories. One of the first harem anime I watched way back when it was still new. Music is great and it made remember the name Yui Horie.

Yeah, kicking with a classic right now, but no real harem right now. Maybe the problem is I just finished watching Trinity 7, which had an awesome garm, so this one feels lacking in comparison, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE FIVE: Murder in the Safe Zone

Grimlock Jaggerjack, is he the murderer? Yolk's too tight pants. Ass Art Online Murder Mystery Part One! Did an episode of Code Geass get into this run?

TcaQNqw.gif

a97WzpA.gif

iFP79Rf.gif

Russ T

Banned
Much like Erased, when people say that they like Bahamut or that Bahamut is good they mean they like the first handful of episodes.

Actually Bahamut is good all the way through, and great for the first handful of episodes.

It's awkward that you can't admit you liked it, though. O:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's like three year old eye level. So if your point of view was a toddler or a hobbit than that would make sense. Any other time, it's a pervy camera

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul will be total 24 episodes.

http://blog.5012.jp/ohishi/archives/2016/03/post_535.html
『神撃のバハムート・バージンソウル』
30分×24本。

Hmm, interesting. Though that means the budget would be spread out more among the episodes, wouldn't it?

Some posters are being overly negative of Bahamut? Are they trying to earn cool points? Though, I guess overly contrarian views are pretty common here. Hell, I'm guilty of it.

So on a blind whim, I decided to check out the first episode of Baby Steps.
63361l.jpg

Despite not being terribly interested in sports anime, and the show having a lot of derp faces (Seriously, Studio Pierrot, I get that this was probably a budget production, but what the hell?), I really enjoyed it. Feels like a fun 90's anime.

I'm super busy right now, so I don't think I can rush through it, but I'll definitely finish it.

Hmm, interesting. Though that means the budget would be spread out more among the episodes, wouldn't it?

Some posters are being overly negative of Bahamut? Are they trying to earn cool points? Though, I guess overly contrarian views are pretty common here. Hell, I'm guilty of it.

Yeah, everyone who has a different opinion from you is trying be cool and contrarian, you sure got it.

So on a blind whim, I decided to check out the first episode of Baby Steps.
Despite not being terribly interested in sports anime, and the show having a lot of derp faces (Seriously, Studio Pierrot, I get that this was probably a budget production, but what the hell?), I really enjoyed it. Feels like a fun 90's anime.

I'm super busy right now, so I don't think I can rush through it, but I'll definitely finish it.
It's a good show despite it not being the greatest in terms of production. It does have a lot of specific sports stuff, so I'm not sure if that will turn you off.

Russ T

Banned
Yeah, everyone who has a different opinion from you is trying be cool and contrarian, you sure got it.

It's a good show despite it not being the greatest in terms of production. It does have a lot of specific sports stuff, so I'm not sure if that will turn you off.

I think they're referring to the way some people just love to shit on things every time other people show adoration for them.

See: plenty of posts in this thread.

I think they're referring to the way some people just love to shit on things every time other people show adoration for them.

Considering Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul just got formally announced, it's only natural for people to talk about whether the first season made them interested in seeing more. That's not being contrarian.

Me, I'm more interested in the other sequel to a MAPPA dark fantasy show from Fall 2014 that's coming this year.

I don't have a problem with different opinions, but I feel that way about some impressions sometimes, you see a lot of drive by posts here about how bad or how good a show is without them going into any detail about why.

Hah. It wasn't even shit on, I called it mediocre, some other people said the early episodes were the best part. If that's too harsh for you, I don't know what to say.

Narag

Hah. It wasn't even shit on, I called it mediocre, some other people said the early episodes were the best part. If that's too harsh for you, I don't know what to say.

I remember back when the World War Z movie was announced but not made so not quite the shitheap it was to become. I made a post about how I didn't care for the book but thought it'd work well visually.

I was told to get the fuck out of the thread for being a hater.

SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE THREE: The Red-Nosed Reindeer

I've always...really liked this episode. Yes, Kirito is being dumb by not telling them his level. They'd probably think it was cool to hang out with some lowbies. It's not his fault that they all died though, he told them not to go into that dungeon or go into that room. Nicholas the Renegade is the baddest ass Santa boss since Secret of Mana.

L5RbciL.gif
this is the best ep in part 1 and 2 of sword arts online. I didn't watch the gun stuff, the stupidity went too far, at a certain point enough is enough.

duckroll

So much money they just opened up their own animation studio. So in the future they won't have to pay anyone else to do their game commercials.

I think this is similar to Aniplex opening A-1. They want their own studio so they can have better control over making stuff when their best partners aren't available. I expect the MAPPA relationship to continue, but the fallout from Lesbian Bahamut probably hastened this development.

Baby Steps is a solid sports manga, really feels like it loves the sport and isn't just using the basics to have a drama surrounding it. I know little of Tennis though so maybe it's talking out of its ass most of the time but hey it had a likable lead who, solid romance/relationship, and he didn't suck so I enjoyed it.

I think this is similar to Aniplex opening A-1. They want their own studio so they can have better control over making stuff when their best partners aren't available. I expect the MAPPA relationship to continue, but the fallout from Lesbian Bahamut probably hastened this development.

Is that show gone for good? I heard that it was indefinitely delayed.

Cornbread78

I know somebody who could explain it in excruciating detail, do you have 2 hours to set aside?

The are many people in here that would go out of their way and take great pleasure in that.

Bruh, that's because your favorite anime/ waifu are shit...

Narag

Did we get any more information as to why they shitcanned it?

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen Basileus post anything that was 100% positive or not qualified with a backhanded "but". You'll never see him type the words excellent or amazing or fantastic. That's why everybody loves him question mark?

duckroll

Did we get any more information as to why they shitcanned it?

Nope. The Cygames producer apologized at Anime Japan for the delay during the stage show, they still went ahead with the seiyuu event. Lol.

Is that show gone for good? I heard that it was indefinitely delayed.

They shitcanned all the staff listings from the official site, delayed it indefinitely, and announced they were opening their own animation studio. So maybe that's where they'll be producing this later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom