• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

I want to make a bit of an effortpost. What do you guys use to grab screenshots and resize/host them appropriately? I'm probably going to be grabbing screens off crunchy.

Greenshot is another program you might wanna try.

Ajin 11
015208dtko0.jpg

Maximum thrill.

This show might have been worth watching only for this moment. Seeing Jiraiya Satou blow up
a skyscraper, with him on the roof, only to have it fall down on his real target
is so stupid it becomes awesome instead. I think I prefer it to manga version of events.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you're using imgur to host you can add m or l to the end of the image's link and it'll auto resize it.

Uh... Yes.
it's in the title.
plus it's not like they will always be on the same team.
Series 6 should have them being drafted into japanese pro ball where they will face off as opposing pitchers in the playoffs :p

it would be like if Major ended before he reached the Majors :p

It was never stated that ace of the diamond refereed to or was sawamuras tale though. If it was then I dont think he'd have had Furuya on the team. Why trap himself with the writing by powering up Furuya so much thats its impossible for Sawamura to become an ace without an injury/transfer to Furuya.

Their going to simulcast the gundam in multiple places

-
Hi, I am really happy to tell you that MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM UNICORN RE:0096 will be available all over the world via below platforms from April 3rd, 7:30am JST.
Gundam info (Asia), Daisuki.net, Crunchyroll, Aniplus (Korea) and My cartoon (Taiwan).
Please visit their official website for more information.
English dub version is also available! https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalportal/videos/979877085381767/
-

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied ep1
I need a hug, Nyu. What have I done, Nyu? What did I just watch? That was bloody as heck and then we get a moe girl out of it? This should be an interesting watch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nope. The show has already used up its interesting allowance with that one episode. It's all downhill from here.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 98
CeuGXFUXIAQUSEE.jpg

Awesome duel with Jack Atlus going the cfvanguard levels of attack power route. I loved how everyone was shocked and dropped their weapons. Really great fun filled duel for just one more moment in this area. It was actually a really happy duel, everyone cheering, saying the moves being made, even the monorail, cards, duel chasers, and more cheering how could it be disliked. Also one of my favorite 5D's showed up and he even did his laugh thing. Best.
CeuI8C9XIAAVV7y.jpg

Jintor

Actually I decided I was too lazy to bother screencapping so I just stole Mike's pictures instead.

So I only live about two hours or less away from Uji, where Sound! Euphonium is more or less set, so I figured why not jump on a train and go for a bit of a walk. It's not quite cherry blossom week/s just yet, so not too much blooming.

Also sorry 56kers if you still exist

The front of Uji Shrine. Taki-sensei is here at the beginning of episode 1, and Reina meets Kumiko here before their night walk in Episode 8. Uji is actually a nice place to visit even from a non-anime touristy point of view; the last few chapters of the Tale of Genji are set there, so it's got a lot of plaques in English and Japanese everywhere. And two UNESCO heritage sites, of course (Ujigami Shrine and Byoudou-in). Of course, the tourism office is well prepped to take any advantage they can get; there was a Euphonium corner in the Info Center right next to the station (also in the show, but I forgot to snap a picture) with a map pointing out anime locations.

The start of the path where Reina and Kumiko go on their night-time walk. It's actually a fairly pleasant walk, probably about 15-25 minutes by my count, but they must be fairly confident to do it at night, carrying their instruments, and Reina especially is crazy to do it in heels. The footing is incredibly gravelly and fairly rocky, and while it wasn't a problem in sneakers I don't even want to imagine doing it in heels. Of course, it isn't that she dislikes pain... so to speak. I forget if the Eupho or Tuba is heavier, but either way I don't think bringing it up there was something Kumiko just did for a lark - she definitely agreed only because it was Reina. (Also, from memory, didn't she shoot down Shunichi earlier that episode because bringing her Eupho to the river was gonna be a hassle? Lol.)

I didn't take many photos on the path because I couldn't be bothered, but at the top...

The pavilion overlooking Uji where Reina invades Kumiko's personal space and then they play a duet. I actually sat down and listened to the duet while I was up here, then I sat down for a bit to draw.

Turned out okay.

Anyway, back down at the bottom:

The view from here actually kind of sucks at the moment because they're carrying out construction work on the middle island, so the whole middle island is encircled by fences and diggers. The weather was also not being super co-operative, though at least it didn't rain.

Kumiko spends a lot of time thinking on this bench. It's on the other side of the river, where the view of the construction is blocked by cherry trees. I saw a number of other people taking photos and generally goofing around by this bench, so it's probably safe to say there were other Eupho fans out and about.

Finally, a little sakuga (well, the 3d backgrounds thereof, anyway)

KyoAni bridge water is way sparklier than reality as it turns out. Uji Bridge is of course famous for much more than just being in a pivotal scene in Hibike! Euphorium, having being the site of three major battles and having gotten #rekt by floods, storms and other various bits of nature, but that's the bit I was interested in so that's what you get!

I passed a few more places that I kinda recognised from the show, but they weren't as visually interesting as this lot, so I didn't bother. Anyway, my main takeaway from all this is: I need a new camera.

Wanderer5

Well that a wrap with Dimension W. Through the series felt like it was rushing through, the ending felt fitting in ways, particularly in regards to Kyoma and Mira. And
RIP Loser. His arc felt fulfilling too. Looks like Elizabeth is set to do her own adventures.

Well now that I am back in the anime groove, I am looking forward to the spring season with like three shows. Hope things will go well there.

Qurupeke

Dagashi Kashi [END]

I tried to get into this again, it seemed like half an episode passed and it's over. Wonderful series. I recommend it to people who want a romcom that doesn't involve drama and the OTP wins.

Cornbread78

Dagashi Kashi [END]

I tried to get into this again, it seemed like half an episode passed and it's over. Wonderful series. I recommend it to people who want a romcom that doesn't involve drama and the OTP wins.

Wait, doesn't this usually air on Thursdays? They go early this week?

Mailbox

Dagashi Kashi [END]

Aren't those shots from an earlier episode?

Doesn't the show end in a couple of days?
I'm confused

Cornbread78

Episode 5, the first skit.

It's a joke, every sentence in my previous post had a lie. You'll get more Dagashi Kashi this Friday.

I was gonna say......

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle END:
dn6FFFK.png

Well, they clearly left it open for a 2nd season, but a decent, but VERY rushed final episode. They could have drawn that final battle out over a couple weeks honestly. There was no winner of losers here, so you can tell the Queen is still very upset she can't get her feelings out for her new Knight; such a shame for her always getting interrupted by his harem of ladies... Decent trashy series, but lacked a lot of entertainment that a true harem should provide. The "mech" battles were OK, but couldn't really pull the show for everyone else. Also, it's a tight race between Phi and Celes for the bestest..

Nightii

Banned
These Matsuno brothers rankings last page are whack.

Jyushimatsu > Ichimatsu > Shittymatsu >>>>>>>> Fappymatsu = Osomatsu >>>>> Fucking Totty

Lautaro

Ajin 11

This show might have been worth watching only for this moment.

If anything Ajin is worth watching for Satou's badass craziness. In my case I also like the MC and Tosaki because they have kind of the opposite personalities that you would expect for their roles (Nagai Kei is cold as fuck).

Chindogg

I was gonna say......

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle END:
dn6FFFK.png

Well, they clearly left it open for a 2nd season, but a decent, but VERY rushed final episode. They could have drawn that final battle out over a couple weeks honestly. There was no winner of losers here, so you can tell the Queen is still very upset she can't get her feelings out for her new Knight; such a shame for her always getting interrupted by his harem of ladies... Decent trashy series, but lacked a lot of entertainment that a true harem should provide. The "mech" battles were OK, but couldn't really pull the show for everyone else. Also, it's a tight race between Phi and Celes for the bestest..

The other four girls jumping into the harem last minute is the fucking best.

Poor Lux. He just wants to save his country when every girl including his sister wants his D.

Ascheroth

Ajin is kind of interesting because the animation isn't really stiff like it's usually the case with CG characters, but it still looks like ass most of the time. The anime-looking shading combined with 'realistic' lighting looks ...weird.

JulianImp

True true, you can never get enough...

I just can't find the different-colored eyes thing appealing at all. Or generic harems, for that matter.

My quota of trash I can afford to watch for the next couple months has already been met and then some by the ten or so eps of Cross Ange I watched before I bailed out of that crap. It's the same reason I just don't feel like watching Phantom World anymore after having watched eight episodes of it, since I'm honestly burned out on dumb plots regardless of how good things might look.

Cornbread78

I just can't find the different-colored eyes thing appealing at all. Or generic harems, for that matter.

My quota of trash I can afford to watch for the next couple months has already been met and then some by the ten or so eps of Cross Ange I watched before I bailed out of that crap. It's the same reason I just don't feel like watching Phantom World anymore after having watched eight episodes of it, since I'm honestly burned out on dumb plots regardless of how good things might look.

I hear ya. I like sophomoric humor and always have and I can't really stand and get bored of high-brow/artsy stuff for the most part. You quite CA right before it really gets crazy too, lol. Oh well, if it entertains me, I'll watch it.

Ascheroth

I hear ya. I like sophomoric humor and always have and I can't really stand and get bored of high-brow/artsy stuff for the most part. You quite CA right before it really gets crazy too, lol. Oh well, if it entertains me, I'll watch it.

Watch Binbougami ga! (or Good Luck Girl as it's called in english)

Clov

Season is starting soon...

...only Crunchyroll is really announcing what they got...

...what if Sentai got everything?

There was that one season (I think it might have been Spring 2014?) where Sentai picked up something crazy like 17 shows. I wonder if they'll end up doing that again?

They ought to prioritize a BD release for Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb before anything else though

JulianImp

Wait, I think we're speaking of two different things here. For example, the main reasons why I like Monogatari are its artsy/abstract direction and framing, and how it actually takes advantage of the harem shell to further its own themes rather than constraining itself into fitting harem tropes unlike most shows. I actually find sophomoric humor really boring, which is why I tend to drop shows that offer little else than that (or at least make sure to not watch too many of them over any given period of time).

That doesn't mean I can't wind down watching some generic crap like Shomin Sample or SaeKano, but I need to be in a particular mood to watch some shows (the biggest example was Welcome to the NHK, which I just couldn't bear to watch while stressed or depressed), and trashy shows in particular require me to be in a "I don't care if I waste time on crappy stuff" mood that I've been less and less into as of late, since I've gotten back to doing more indie game dev stuff and that means I'll obviously cut the Phantom Worlds from my watch lists before the Rakugos.

Line_HTX

Damn... I was hoping you'd finish Cross Ange, haha

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If anything Ajin is worth watching for Satou's badass craziness. In my case I also like the MC and Tosaki because they have kind of the opposite personalities that you would expect for their roles (Nagai Kei is cold as fuck).

Ajin is awesome, sociopathic egotist vs sociopathic egotist and ironically the protagonist is probably the most egotistical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom