• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO with this yu gi oh assmotherfucker

"Screw the rules, add +4 to your +4!"

Reminds me of this:

tumblr_nrtcy5NV4P1qhmn8no1_1280.png
tumblr_nrtcy5NV4P1qhmn8no2_1280.png

Cornbread78

Elfen Lied ep.2-3
This is some really "edgy" & messed up stuff, lol. Nyu completely fucked up that douchebag soldier when he was chasing her around. The MC is kind of retarded and that "childhood friend" is already dead. There's no way she lives and if she does, she getting kicked to the curb by Nyu before she dies or the homeless girl. Why did they want to cut off his balls anyway? That was a little confusing... Was it that they didn't want him to knock up one of the girls by accident through their antenna? This is gonna be a nasty ending, isn't it?

Gag Manga Biyori 6

This has been a pretty decent random gag series, if you don't mind screaming and manzai, but the stereotypical gaijin voice-acting used here was cringeworthy. If white Americans want to feel what Mexicans feel when they see someone speaking in a heavily broken stereotyped Mexican accent in English, they should watch this episode.

Mailbox

I really really wanna see a anime (or manga) just about traditional board games with the characters being super serious.

But first I want my hockey anime.

i still think there's something to the idea of a shonen manga based around an international game of tag

I've had this idea for this horror movie that is completely serious but it's about a group of kids playing tag. Like a horror movie with them hiding in closets and you hear 'it' walking outside and the camera focusing on the shadow of the feet moving under the door. Make it happen anime.

Chindogg

Would love more maid story, there's something going on there and she is an "unofficial" part if the harem after all.

Nah she's part of the harem lol. She picked him because she fell for him when they were kids. He got a fever and lost his memories of her unfortunately.

Jintor

I've had this idea for this horror movie that is completely serious but it's about a group of kids playing tag. Like a horror movie with them hiding in closets and you hear 'it' walking outside and the camera focusing on the shadow of the feet moving under the door. Make it happen anime.

sounds like a good short imho.

Cornbread78

Nah she's part of the harem lol. She picked him because she fell for him when they were kids. He got a fever and lost his memories of her unfortunately.

She really is the true ship, but alas.... "
childhood friend"
she is already dead.... S2, when?

Lexxism

Big Windup 1-6

After watching Ace of Diamond, this feel a little bit different. There's the big difference between the personality of the main protagonist. Also, I find the animation on this smoothly than the other one.

Big Windup 1-6

After watching Ace of Diamond, this feel a little bit different. There's the big difference between the personality of the main protagonist. Also, I find the animation on this smoothly than the other one.

Glad your enjoying it! Big windup was the anime that got me into sports anime! I loved everything about it! form the animation to the characters...it was soooo good. Sad that Funi wont ever dub season 2.

It's rather good but his density really could've been toned down here and there. It's not like there isn't a good justification for it in general, it's going overboard several times that's annoying.

yea thats my frustration with it. she's about to cry in the classroom and for the 100th time tells him that the person she likes is him and he's still not even sure about it. like jesus christ, i get that he's supposed to be dense but this is just getting ridiculous. Well at least I'm done with that part and now he's aware.

Lovely Complex does go a bit too deep into the shoujo tropes and stalling tactics to the point where it hurts the characterization of its characters. IIRC they even pull out the memory loss card. And there was that cringeworthy stuff where the main character
goes after the teacher.

Yeah, I really can't refute these points. They basically have a great set up and reason for him to be so hesitant, only knowing her as his best friend/rival and not really wanting or understanding seeing her in a different light but they hurt the premise by dragging it out sooooooooooo loooooooooooong to the point that it's repetitive and grating. Luckily that fireworks episode. And yeah, all the side stuff was a real distraction from anything good.

Code:Breaker

Oh, was that good? I skipped it for whatever reason and never got back around to watching it.

So it's one of those "It's funny because he's not gay!" things?

Yeah, it's pretty annoying but luckily they move past that quick and it's rarely brought up as the manga progresses except as a quick one-off to go "Remember, this is why he's allowed here" Still, when it happens, it's pretty shitty.

The maid, who acted as the "enforcer" was the best character by far.

I hope they get another season because they haven't gotten to the childhood friend or expanded on the maid yet.

The maid is by far the best character. I lost my shit when I read/watched
the short girl see her kiss him when he was asleep and then realized that is why her face is so close every time he wakes up in the morning.

Cornbread78

Big Windup 1-6

Have you watched Cross Game yet? That one is excellent.

Cornbread78

The maid is by far the best character. I lost my shit when I read/watched
the short girl see her kiss him when he was asleep and then realized that is why her face is so close every time he wakes up in the morning.

Is the manga still ongoing? I wonder if S1 did enough for a continuation if thete is enough material.

Clov

Space Dandy 21

Dang, what an episode. I don't know what to feels

tumblr_nvukeo9ppN1solfhro1_540.gif

When I was watching Space Dandy, at this point I honestly didn't think that anything would top Eun Young Choi's episode. I didn't even like Yuasa's as much. Then this episode happened and blew me away.

By far my favorite episode of Space Dandy. Brilliant in both it's writing and visuals. Honestly, it's one of my favorite individual episodes of any anime ever. I liked it that much! As inconsistent as Space Dandy was, it had some fantastic creative episodes. I'd love another season just for a chance at more episodes like this.

Lexxism

Glad your enjoying it! Big windup was the anime that got me into sports anime! I loved everything about it! form the animation to the characters...it was soooo good. Sad that Funi wont ever dub season 2.
Yup. I'm really enjoying it. Though the protagonist is a bit annoying but everything is good. From a prestigious school (daiya no ace) to a no name. Definitely a different atmosphere.

Have you watched Cross Game yet? That one is excellent.
Hmmm. The name is familiar but I'll try it after I'm done with this.

Oh, was that good? I skipped it for whatever reason and never got back around to watching it.

It is. It's one of my favorite action shows.

When I was watching Space Dandy, at this point I honestly didn't think that anything would top Eun Young Choi's episode. I didn't even like Yuasa's as much. Then this episode happened and blew me away.

By far my favorite episode of Space Dandy. Brilliant in both it's writing and visuals. Honestly, it's one of my favorite individual episodes of any anime ever. I liked it that much! As inconsistent as Space Dandy was, it had some fantastic creative episodes. I'd love another season just for a chance at more episodes like this.

Absolutely, episode 21 is one of those rare masterpiece episodes where everything comes together in an incredible fashion. It alone justifies Space Dandy's existence. Anthology series may be wildly uneven, but I like having them around because of gems like this that come out of them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Haikyuu S2 25

That was a good way to transition from the match with Seijoh to the match with Shiratorizawa. I like how the show makes you feel the emotions from both sides - the pain of Seijoh upon losing, and the pride of Karasuno upon winning. Looking forward to S3!

This reminds me of the PS1 Uno game.

How is this a thing that is real when it should be the parody production making fun of children's card games?

Although I still need some more episodes to finish the series I feel like this would have been a perfect final episode. Such a good episode. Lol episode 22 is funky, but at least I now know that dandy has pionium energy to destroy universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom