• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd help you, buy I don't use Netflix. If you post what kind of show your looking for in here, there are a bunch around that would know what is good on Netflix currently.

Edit: have you watched Fairy Tail yet?

Yeah, I've watched pretty much everything up to the time skip and read most of the manga from there. Right now I'm debating on watching Kill La Kill, Red Data Girl, Magi, or Fate UBW.

And I just realized that My Little Monster was a NISA show, which in turn reminded me of how salty I still am about no dub for AnoHana or Hanasaku Iroha lol.

Just T

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season: 11

Nice episode, the Colosseum scenes were great. Also the earlier Asano scene with the interruption was good too lol.

Jintor

Kiritobread, the Tenchi Muyo OVA was great for that Optimus Prime promo for old school Toonami LOL. They edited the shit out of it.

Yeah watching with ToonamiGAF was fucking sick, that show was so fucking terrible

My Little Monster 1-13

Well that ending was underwhelming as fuck.

Yeah it stops halfway through the manga which ended so probably never getting a second half. Sucks but the manga is really good if you want to continue with that.

Cornbread78

First 7 or so episodes of the show was so good. Then we got stuck with the Tree scene. omg. lol.

I really enjoyed the show overall when we did a Let's Watch for it. Samon was a hilarious villian then ally, lol. Either way the characters were all pretty good and there were some very pretty action scenes.

Yeah, I've watched pretty much everything up to the time skip and read most of the manga from there. Right now I'm debating on watching Kill La Kill, Red Data Girl, Magi, or Fate UBW.

And I just realized that My Little Monster was a NISA show, which in turn reminded me of how salty I still am about no dub for AnoHana or Hanasaku Iroha lol.

I would watch Fate UBW if you haven't started the series yet. It gets pretty dark at tines, but was really good overall.

That reminds me that I need to watch Stay/Night soon..

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 47

4ZpKAl1.jpg

See, now this is a good way to visually differentiate flashbacks. The sepia tone here looks attractive, and has a direct link to faded memories.

Ging seems like he doesn't like people.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Just saw a trailer for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

It's looking good. Do we know who got the streaming rights?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm in Canada, wonder how that's going to work out. Eagerly looking forward to it.

Clov

And a theatrical release would make serious bank, they're insane to think otherwise.

While I think it could have some success with a theatrical run, who knows what Funimation's thinking. The way I see it, a few things could be going on with the North America release of the Steins;Gate movie.

1: Interference (holdback period) from Kadokawa
2: Funimation is just taking their time, doesn't see a lot of potential for a theatrical release
3: Funimation is waiting to grab Steins;Gate Zero first, then release the movie to capitalize on hype
4: Funimation is waiting for licensor approval for some sort of collector's edition
5: Funimation is working on their next Kickstarter for an obscure series in need
Probably not. ...At least, I hope not.

Eusis

What's worth watching this season? Erased, Gundam, and Jojo are obvious ones, and there's others I've added to my Crunchyroll queue, but I would like some ideas.

What I've liked are:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Baccano
Urusei Yatsura
Evangelion
Gunbuster
Trigun
Scrapped Princess
Madoka
Most of Ghibli
All of Satoshi Kon
Cowboy Bebop
Utena
Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill (not as much though)
Dirty Pair

And probably a bunch more I can't remember right now.

kewlmyc

The Cuck Without Me

I don't think I've ever seen meltdowns like this before over shipping in a currently airing show. The reactions have brought me more joy than the actual episode.

Pathetic. This past year, I've really come to hate the work "cuck" solely due to anime fanbases (mostly /a/). I didn't even know what the word meant until Aldnoah Zero aired.

duckroll

Why do you think that?

Well, the long serving FujiTV producer who originally developed the slot left after the failed expansion of the slot to an hour long one. They reverted back to a single program slot and didn't manage to find much success either. Ratings aren't great, sales of the programs are crappy too. They've clearly struggled because they started experimenting with stuff like films to try and make more money from the slot's brand. Things haven't really been looking up for noitaminA.

manfestival

Just watched episode 21 of Gundam Iron blooded orphans and the feels man... the feels. I admit that I am not entirely into the show but this was definitely one of the better episodes. The pacing of the show feels weird to me but maybe I just expected something different from it

Just T

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu: 11

You know, something that has bothered me since this show's beginning is that every problem feels like it's solved in such a half-assed manner. They never sit down and have a real conversation about these problems that come up. They're too busy either storming off or pussyfooting around each other. It's understandable why they are upset with Kuroda and she was about to open up about it but instead of at least hearing her out they storm out the room, of course Ando was first, she been walking the fuck out since the show started lol. So what do they do after this? just mope around; one gazes at the sea, one cries at the bookstore, one cries at the restaurant, one yells out of frustration and the last one apparently never really cared in the first place. They conveniently all end up at the club room, said their little speeches, made her apologize, then one slapped her and next thing you know they cheering. Back to work and acted like none of that just happened.

These characters and the way they act is just...

ibyea

Banned
Well, the long serving FujiTV producer who originally developed the slot left after the failed expansion of the slot to an hour long one. They reverted back to a single program slot and didn't manage to find much success either. Ratings aren't great, sales of the programs are crappy too. They've clearly struggled because they started experimenting with stuff like films to try and make more money from the slot's brand. Things haven't really been looking up for noitaminA.

Ah what a shame.

Ah what a shame.

I remember reading an interview with the noitamina producer at Fuji TV that was made a little before Eden of the East came out, and he was talking about how they were having difficulty breaking even with the timeslot since they were doing shows that didn't appeal to the typical anime crowd, and with Eden of the East they were going to try to appeal to both mainstream audiences and otaku at the same time. So they've been struggling with the timeslot for a long time.

zulux21

so good to see funimation playing nice

they didn't need to include an update to escflowne about skip beat, but they did, which makes me happy because most of the best kickstarter people help point out each other's projects.

also I think I need to find an uncensored version of Jojo, it's getting goofy at episode 4 with bug man having his face censored for a while while making doom stuffs >.<

SPACE PATROL LULUCO

mgKNJcv.jpg

New key visual.

???

I see FLCL and Gurren Lagann there

Trigga saves anime

But no really, I was blasting the Gurren Lagann OP (Sorairo Days) on my commute home tonight and I was just thinking that I really would like to see a all-nonsense all-awesome show to watch. Symphogear sorta helped me with that fix for a while, but I need something right now. Suggestions, people?

Mailbox

ERASED Episode 11

Personally, I found this to be a great episode. The very last few shots could have been slightly better paced, but nothing I could really mark as a proper negative.

The NTR claims are horribly exaggerated. Romance was never ever the focus of the show and to fault the show based on some skewed shipping in a show like this when the ship doesn't pan out is juvenile to say the least.

You can be unhappy that your ships don't work out, but to fault the show and give it as a negative when that happens in a non-romance show is just dumb.

Unless your talking about Digimon 02's epilogue. I think we can all agree the pairings and stories there were absolute shit.

I really love that key visual. Its great.

The fact that this is gonna have 7 minute episodes (or so MAL says) doesn't fill me with confidence though...

Because it's on the Ultra Super Anime time block I think. With good shows like Galko, She and her Cat, Sekkou Boys and Hackadoll airing on it recently I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, Imaishi is way better at doing his magic in short bursts compared to long drawn out shows. At least in my opinion.

duckroll

Because it's on the Ultra Super Anime time block I think. With good shows like Galko, She and her Cat, Sekkou Boys and Hackadoll airing on it recently I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, Imaishi is way better at doing his magic in short bursts compared to long drawn out shows. At least in my opinion.

Tell that to Lesbian Bahamut.

T_T

Wait what?? Ninja SlaYEAAARTWO? dang, when is Trigger's next real series?

Erm, Kiznaidaidiviers or whatever is starting soon.

Mailbox

Thats true.

But i put a lot of faith in Trigger with ninja slayer and...

Well, we know how much we got trolled and hurt by that one.
YART!
I still need to finish ninja slayer

Wait what?? Ninja SlaYEAAARTWO? dang, when is Trigger's next real series?

Next season. Kiznaiver.

Actually that means it will be good

Not if it ends up being animated like Ninja slayer/ inferno cop it won't. (I liked inferno cop)
I mean, I'll give it 3 episodes benefit of the doubt, and i'll end up finishing it I'm sure, but i don't have high expectations.

Thats true.

But i put a lot of faith in Trigger with ninja slayer and...

Well, we know how much we got trolled and hurt by that one.
YART!

1) Ninja Slayer is a masterpiece
2) Different directors

I don't really see much correlation between the length of Ninja Slayer and the quality of this show. If Ninja Slayer had a longer runtime it would've even been worse.

Also putting faith in Trigger and getting memed is the Trigger experience, so I wouldn't even mind it happening again here.

Not if it ends up being animated like Ninja slayer/ inferno cop it won't. (I liked inferno cop)
I mean, I'll give it 3 episodes benefit of the doubt, and i'll end up finishing it I'm sure, but i don't have high expectations.

You can tell that it won't be like that just from the picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom