• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Imaishi, but I would be shocked if Space Patrol Luluco ends up worse than Kiznaiver.

Not really feeling One Piece Gold. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it just doesn't seem exciting to me. And I loved Z.

Hard to tell for sure from this trailer, but Gold doesn't seem to have the visual flair Z did. And I suppose there's little hope that the story will be better.

Mailbox

You can tell that it won't be like that just from the picture...

I stopped trusting Key art a long time ago.
I've been hurt too much already

1) Ninja Slayer is a masterpiece
2) Different directors

I don't really see much correlation between the length of Ninja Slayer and the quality of this show. If Ninja Slayer had a longer runtime it would've even been worse.

Also putting faith in Trigger and getting memed is the Trigger experience, so I wouldn't even mind it happening again here.

Didn't realize it was a different director.

I feel a bit better now.

I should finish Ninja Slayer.

Poor Lesbian Bahamut

Line_HTX

Tell that to Lesbian Bahamut.

T_T

It seems like I missed out on something cool.

ERASED Episode 11

Personally, I found this to be a great episode. The very last few shots could have been slightly better paced, but nothing I could really mark as a proper negative.

The NTR claims are horribly exaggerated. Romance was never ever the focus of the show and to fault the show based on some skewed shipping in a show like this when the ship doesn't pan out is juvenile to say the least.

You can be unhappy that your ships don't work out, but to fault the show and give it as a negative when that happens in a non-romance show is just dumb.

Unless your talking about Digimon 02's epilogue. I think we can all agree the pairings and stories there were absolute shit.

I mentioned earlier that this scenario was almost similar to The Eternity You Desire, except the difference is Satoru never cared about romance at all the entire time. It was pretty bad that people thought that there was something there when there wasn't, and even went so far as to call him a weirdo just for acknowledging there'd be a separation between him and Airi. I highly doubted that he had actual feelings for either her or Kayo. The reactions were pretty lame on that front, to be honest.

rrvv

Eureka 7 AO OVA
AiHkmLE.jpg
6r7WxZl.jpg
Va2L9Sv.jpg

This is actually great. So many Bones reference.

GEITO 21

I'm so glad A-1 cleaned up the artstyle for the anime, it's really so much better than the manga.

Sherry is still the most reasonable person in the show. I really love that.

Moaradin

I hope Kiznaiver is legit good.

I love Trigger but I haven't been into any of their normal length anime since Kill la Kill. I skipped all the LN adaptions they did. I'm excited for another original anime from them but Kiznaiver hasn't done anything for me yet.

I'll still give it a shot.

Daigashi Kashi 5-6

Some really good episodes. Lol at Coconuts not getting the drift at playing doctor but then realizing what had happened years later.

Mailbox

I mentioned earlier that this scenario was almost similar to The Eternity You Desire, except the difference is Satoru never cared about romance at all the entire time. It was pretty bad that people thought that there was something there when there wasn't, and even went so far as to call him a weirdo just for acknowledging there'd be a separation between him and Airi. I highly doubted that he had actual feelings for either her or Kayo. The reactions were pretty lame on that front, to be honest.

took me a while to realize which show you where talking about. Its on funimation under a different name (Rumbling Hearts), so I got confused.

Yeah, your right.

(I still haven't finished Rumbling Hearts yet since I got spoiled over a very important... issue that happens in the later episodes. I really should finish it)

Eusis

Hmm, no suggestions? Well, I guess just keeping up with the thread should give me a good idea of what to go for, especially now that I know of the two upcoming Trigger anime.

blurr

Hmm, no suggestions? Well, I guess just keeping up with the thread should give me a good idea of what to go for, especially now that I know of the two upcoming Trigger anime.

Very few similar to what you like, you already mentioned Erased and Gundam. You can try Dimension W if you want, lots of cool plot points but poor narrative composition and sketchy presentation.

Eusis

Very few similar to what you like, you already mentioned Erased and Gundam. You can try Dimension W if you want, lots of cool plot points but poor narrative composition and sketchy presentation.
Well, I'm not necessarily looking for exact matches. More what is either a higher quality action show or something that's more interesting/novel and not blatantly tropey. And I'm willing to check out stuff out of my comfort zone, though I think most of those are ones that are damn popular anyway.
Watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
Alright, noted, thanks.

blurr

Well, I'm not necessarily looking for exact matches. More what is either a higher quality action show or something that's more interesting/novel and not blatantly tropey. And I'm willing to check out stuff out of my comfort zone, though I think most of those are ones that are damn popular anyway.

Alright, noted, thanks.

Shouwa Genroku would be a great choice in that case.

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 48

Kurapika is becoming scary.

He's great that arc.

Looks like you're getting to the real good stuff. I've gotta pick up going through HxH 1999 again, even if just skip around a bit. The first couple episodes were far superior to 2011 but I wonder if I could say the same to that Yorknew City arc, especially when the 1999 is missing out on the excellent ED and segues into it.

blurr

He's great that arc.

Looks like you're getting to the real good stuff. I've gotta pick up going through HxH 1999 again, even if just skip around a bit. The first couple episodes were far superior to 2011 but I wonder if I could say the same to that Yorknew City arc, especially when the 1999 is missing out on the excellent ED and segues into it.

Hunting for your dream?

Mailbox

IS: Infinite Stratos OVA1

Yeah this is the only thing from infinite stratos I hadn't watched.

We can all agree that Ichika is asexual right?
Jesus Christ... Its like watching a Robot have a harem.

"What is life"
"What is love"
"What is ecchi"
or something something...

Dear god, why have I watched everything from this shitty franchise?!

Edit: Suddenly I actually want to see an anime about an emotionless robot having a harem. I feel like that would be funny...

phaze

I see FLCL and Gurren Lagann there

Trigga saves anime

But no really, I was blasting the Gurren Lagann OP (Sorairo Days) on my commute home tonight and I was just thinking that I really would like to see a all-nonsense all-awesome show to watch. Symphogear sorta helped me with that fix for a while, but I need something right now. Suggestions, people?

Shin Mazinger Z would seem to fit to bill.

You need to aware however, that it ends with one of the worst cliffhangers I've seen and there will never, ever be a sequel.

Gatchaman Crowds 07
Berg-Katze is a pretty entertaining villain. I lost it when he started mimicking Hajime and they had an entire conversation filed with constant -ssu. Generally, after the first three episodes where I, again, didn't see the magic, I started warming up to the show. Other Gatchaman became more relevant, as well as the main threat and the direction of the story becoming more clear certainly helped. I even don't find Hajime as awfully annoying now !

Jintor

sound ufo 6

god, i miss ensembles.

...maybe I should get my violin repaired when I go home and take up the violin again. Man, just hearing that contrabass reminded me how fucking much I played the strings

blurr

Yeh. It's beginning is just a perfect fit for transitions.

It's my favorite ED sequence.

I've been thinking about Kyousougiga recently, it was visually stunning and the story scaled up pretty well but I haven't found the characters all that appealing, considering this is a show that is heavily driven by them. Action sequences and Slice of Life moments were great on their own but together, I didn't really feel it.

How did you guys find it?

Cornbread78

Oh sweet Mari Okada's writing this? That is so hype.

She has 2 different original anime stories airing thus spring x since she wrote Mayoiga as well.

I didn't realize that MAL includes Hentai in their seasonal anime listings. huh...

Found something interesting, huh..

So what's that cuck video about?

Erased. The lead got "cucked" but not really, imo. Either way, shippers online are pissed and we got this gem. That scene was actually a pretty emotional story the girl wrote about her life..

I've been thinking about Kyousougiga recently, it was visually stunning and the story scaled up pretty well but I haven't found the characters all that appealing, considering this is a show that is heavily driven by them. Action sequences and Slice of Life moments were great on their own but together, I didn't really feel it.

How did you guys find it?

Happens to be one of my favorites actually. Gonna watch the OP again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SPACE PATROL LULUCO

mgKNJcv.jpg

New key visual.

???

INFERNO COP IS BACK!?

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT HIGHLIGHT THAT?

Erased. The lead got "cucked" but not really, imo. Either way, shippers online are pissed and we got this gem. That scene was actually a pretty emotional story the girl wrote about her life..
Oh, a shipping scandal. *yawn* Well at least they the doujin market I suppose.

Aki-at

Pft it's okay, Kayo may have got away and Airi might be Erased from history but best bromance is still intact.

That's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom