• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When are we getting a light novel anime about a group of very dull, do-nothing individuals?

sonicmj1

Mushishi seems pretty cool, and I'll probably watch it some time because I hear about it a lot. I feel that episodic shows are hard for me to binge watch, unless there are not many episodes of them or it's a comedy, that's why I limited my preferences to shorter shows.

About Windy Tales, I don't really like how it looks, but maybe it's good. The story certainly seems interesting.

Mushishi is a tough show to binge watch. The mood of it doesn't really work when you cram multiple episodes together.

Windy Tales is an excellent show, and while the art style may seem off-putting, it can lead to really beautiful animation.

Buranki - 11

The explanation for Reoko's backstory was more tragic than I expected. She's like the Batman of this Buranki world.
I'm liking the small cracks that is beginning to show within the teams, rather by nationality the teams may very well be reorganized by ideology.
There were some weird character 'twists', that left me kinda confused. Not sure if that's because it's something I've missed or if it is yet to be explained.

MATEDTf.jpg

Next episode should be dope. Entei > all

Sölf

Durarara!! x2 32-34
Still as good as ever. I still don't know most characters by name. And I still have no idea what Mikado and Masaomi actually want to do now. Seriously. These two make no sense at all.

God Eater 12: UNITED THEY STAND

Lenka doesn't fuck around anymore, what an entrance this guy makes!

Best Commander
Best Fighter
Best Psychologist who is able to cure emotional traumas with just a cool speech
Best Boy?

---------

In this and the previous episode I kinda lost track of what's happening because of the long break. When the "EVIL INSIDE JOB HACKER" was revealed I had to ask myself. "who is this guy again?". Still don't really know what's up with all that, what was his motive again? I can't see there's a lot to be gained for a human to actively screw over humanity, but hey. Russian (which in this show only means that you know how to make borscht) Doctor probably has a good reason.

Also didn't really follow the whole "This is God's doing" part of the flashback. God created Aragami to "reset" humanity, but also saved the guy so he can destroy the Aragami??? I mean, get your act together God! It's one or the other.

I wonder which witty one-liner a one-armed Lindow will say when he comes back.

"need a hand kid?"

GOOD episode though.

blurr

how do they just casually hold such oversized, dis-proportionate weaponry

(suspension of disbelief, I know)

Re: Zero definitely makes use of tropes but I'd say that it largely avoids relying on them and often develops them beyond just the base that most shows never get past. As I said before however, depending on how they adapt it, it could lose a lot of that. If they focus on fan-service or leering shots and boob physics which the manga and LN never did and change the personalities so that MC and MH don't have their playful banter and she's a shy wilting flower then a lot of the why of his relation with her will make no sense.

tuffy

how do they just casually hold such oversized, dis-proportionate weaponry

(suspension of disbelief, I know)
These were the same people who were bouncing around on top of a flying transport plane earlier in the series, which must've been traveling over 100 mph just to avoid stalling and crashing, yet somehow they weren't all blown off to their deaths. Anime Physics, I guess.

Yo guys, is there some website where I can read up on the meaning of the most commonly used sound onomatopoeia in manga and anime (usually in katakana)? Like "jiiiiiiii" for staring etc. Some are self-explanatory from the sound but not all.

duckroll

God Eater - Episode 12

This series keeps circling back to all the worst things about it. Every time I think that they're distancing themselves from the awful parts of the writing, they dive right back into it. The first part of the episode was pretty tolerable because it was mostly just a prolonged boss fight, and Lenka showing off his huge new dick gun. It's totally ridiculous and over the top, but at least it's just being dumb shounen action.

But then alas, midway through it has to be "dramatic" again and the only way the show seems to know how to do that is to use Alisa in the worst ways possible. I really fucking hate watching the show think that what they do with Alisa is remotely considered good storytelling. It's incredibly predictable in all the worst ways. So once again we have her breaking down when it matters most, and then shaking, crying, apologizing, except this time Lenka having leveled up 50000 times in the last few episodes puts his 9999 points of Leadership into good use by activating the skill Pep Talk and single handedly cures her of all trauma and doubt. WOW LENKA IS SO AMAZING. Fuck off.

Only one episode left, can't wait for everyone to die next week so I'm done with this garbage.

blurr

Yo guys, is there some website where I can read up on the meaning of the most commonly used sound onomatopoeia in manga and anime (usually in katakana)? Like "jiiiiiiii" for staring etc. Some are self-explanatory from the sound but not all.

I don't know a specific website but Kanji de manga explains which kana writing means what in manga.

Also, if you can read Katakana you can just google?

I don't know a specific website but Kanji de manga explains which kana writing means what in manga.

Also, if you can read Katakana you can just google?

But then I gotta spend like 5 minutes learning how to type katakana! Yeh, maybe I should just do that.

Just wanted to get a bit more info like that upfront, though. That Kanji de manga seems neat, though that might be a bit excessive actually.

phaze

God Eater 12: UNITED THEY STAND

In this and the previous episode I kinda lost track of what's happening because of the long break. When the "EVIL INSIDE JOB HACKER" was revealed I had to ask myself. "who is this guy again?". Still don't really know what's up with all that, what was his motive again? I can't see there's a lot to be gained for a human to actively screw over humanity, but hey. Russian (which in this show only means that you know how to make borscht) Doctor probably has a good reason.

Also didn't really follow the whole "This is God's doing" part of the flashback. God created Aragami to "reset" humanity, but also saved the guy so he can destroy the Aragami??? I mean, get your act together God! It's one or the other.

Isn't the blond scientist guy the main baddie ? He saw Lindow sneaking on Aegis and set up the entire situation, brainwashing guy is probably just his minion. Similarly, I took the flashback scene as the depiction of the moment when he firmly went over to the cuckoo land.

I wonder which witty one-liner a one-armed Lindow will say when he comes back.

"need a hand kid?"

I thought for sure he would be swimming with fishes but with how they "killed" him offscreen you're probably right.

God Eater 12

I find it hilarious that they left Lindow to fend off Pita yet they haven't even managed to get to the village in time he bought them. Just what you'd expect from master strategist Lenka.

Alisa and Lindow's farewell were the painful parts but I liked Lenka's entrance, the insert song worked very well.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't the blond scientist guy the main baddie ? He saw Lindow sneaking on Aegis and set up the entire situation, brainwashing guy is probably just his minion. Similarly, I took the flashback scene as the depiction of the moment when he firmly went over to the cuckoo land.

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember the Lindow sneaking bit now. I completely forgot about all the intrigue but what you said makes a lot of sense, thanks.

Hope they don't spend that much more time on it because I don't care about it at this point lol.

3Kaze

Is there any chance of a second season of God Eater? I really can't see how they can wrap things up with 1 episode left.

Weirdly enough, despite my general unfavorable opinion on episodic shows, Mushishi grew on me so much, that I actually binge watched large parts of season 2.

Sölf

Durarara!! x2 35
Man, only one more episode. I have the feeling pretty much all characters are more or less going into the deep end here. And I still have no idea what Mikado was trying to do. It just makes no sense. Why u do dis?

After that, new Baccano! season please.

blurr

Sölf;198671532 said:
Durarara!! x2 35
Man, only one more episode. I have the feeling pretty much all characters are more or less going into the deep end here. And I still have no idea what Mikado was trying to do. It just makes no sense. Why u do dis?

After that, new Baccano! season please.

I felt Baccano ended just perfectly, what more did the source material have?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Has there been a shitty, trashy harem series in the past few seasons? Just want to some background noise on now that Daredevil is over and those are always the easiest to not pay attention to. lol

Pooya

god eater 12

Even the game handled PTSD stuff better than this shit, lolol. No subtlety whatsoever, she just snaps back with MC-samas words right on the spot.

So in one episode they kill Pita AND deal with Aegis? How they are gonna do that lol. End of God Eater announcement incoming?

kewlmyc

I felt Baccano ended just perfectly, what more did the source material have?

Like 20 more books of material. The anime covered the first arc (first 3 novels). There's like 21 novels worth of material.

Has there been a shitty, trashy harem series in the past few seasons? Just want to some background noise on now that Daredevil is over and those are always the easiest to not pay attention to. lol

Testament of Sister New Devil seems up your alley. There's two seasons of it.

There were two shitty school of fighting LN anime just last season if you missed them.

Can't remember their names, but one was Not Star Wars and the other one was like a Knight's some bullshit

duckroll

god eater 12

Even the game handled PTSD stuff better than this shit, lolol. Not subtlety whatsoever, she just snaps back with MC-samas words right on the spot.

So in one episode they kill Pita AND deal with Aegis? How they are gonna do that lol. End of God Eater announcement incoming?

Pita's going to get to Aegis and merge with the Aisha core turning into a giant 8 winged final boss with choir music.

Phantom World? Dunno how harem-ish it really gets but episode 1 even had a clever (read: lame) twist on the girl falls on MC trope. So it should suffice in that regard.

There is currently the airing Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, haven't seen it though. Then previous season we had Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Shinmai Maou no Testament: Burst (S2),
stealth edit: Shomin Sample also, which was pretty funny sometimes

pick your poison

phaze

The main villain in God Eater is the writing staff.

With that edge you would fit right in !

Rakugo 11

Who knew the DTL show of the season would also be the anime of the season.

Arakawa Under the Bridge 01

Well I already knew the opening of this show is one of the best there is but at least so far the content itself is of similar pedigree. I was giggling throughout and finally lost it at the entire kappa conversation. Great stuff. Shaft is Gods.

But why do they have to use Kamiya for everything -_- I've grown tired of hearing his voice by now.

3Kaze

god eater 12

Even the game handled PTSD stuff better than this shit, lolol. No subtlety whatsoever, she just snaps back with MC-samas words right on the spot.

They talked about the Devouring Apocalypse which is not possible without a certain character so yeah, I'm thinking of a second season, movie or something. Unless the staff continue to rewrite the story.

With that edge you would fit right in !

Rakugo 11

Who knew the DTL show of the season would also be the anime of the season.

Well I already knew the opening of this show is one of the best there is but at least so far the content itself is of similar pedigree. I was giggling throughout and finally lost it at the entire kappa conversation. Great stuff. Shaft is Gods.

But why do they have to use Kamiya for everything -_- I've grown tired of hearing his voice by now.
I need to watch this again, I remember season 1 being amazing and season 2 not living up to season 1.

edit: oh hey it's on hulu. I'll try to start it up again tomorrow.

That reminds me that I should continue the show. Am a couple episodes in and it's...alright.

Phantom World? Dunno how harem-ish it really gets but episode 1 even had a clever (read: lame) twist on the girl falls on MC trope. So it should suffice in that regard.

PW isnt a harem tho and its actually *good*

Plenty. Asterisk War and the other Not-Asterisk War that came out last season should fulfill your trash harem needs.

If you just need trash without the harem theres also Konosuba

Amusingly Asterisk and Cavalry weren't that bad. For trashy pseudo-science/fantasy harem fighto shows you can, and I have done, a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom