• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuuchuu Buranko / Trapeze 7-11 [END]

Fantastic. The last couple of episodes had some of the strongest moments so far. That was a very unique show, with a really beautiful message in every episode, and the last episode makes clear the purpose of the show. Also, I loved how the episodes slowly construct the world that this takes place in. You can see this from many different perspectives, and from the point of view of many troubled individuals. And the animation on the show was certainly something strange, but I liked it a lot.

Episode 10 was the best and loved that little twist at the end. I was confused with the patient's appearance a lot before that, but everything made sense after that.

A real hidden gem of an anime. I recommend it.

Yeah, I really loved episode 10 as well. Really fantastic ending twist that magically recontextualized the whole story. I need to rewatch this soon; its treatment of mental illness is superb.

Line_HTX

Paradise Kiss ep.1-3
The OP and ED for this series are really good! I haven't gotten too far into the story yet, but it sounds like it's going to move towards a good girl turned bad kinda story. Georgit is a weird guy for sure and he prying on how niece the poor girl is, but hey, hey did give her an out, but she wanted it, so she got her kiss and now she will be hooked. The tone of the show is definitely different as eell, but it goes well with the way their two different worlds are colliding.

YES! I hope you like the fashion design and the awesome Josei tones.

Also, Franz Ferdinand ending should've been Take Me Out.

Sterok

Pandora 11

Cyber infiltration and warfare is never not cool. Bunny gets to shine once more. So Buer was a super weapon all along. Nene and villain just talking past each other was funny. Looks like Clarion finally gave into Nene's advances.

I love how someone is actually watching the superior McD's anime currently (Maou-sama)

Also to anyone who missed it:
McDonald's: The Anime
V0VWHvP.png

Sumairu Kudasai!

Also this gem from the character designer's twitter:

zulux21

Sölf;198628324 said:
As for the KyoAni/Key Stuff:

Clannad + After Story > Kanon 2006 > Air > Clannad (without After Story)

Haven't seen the rest.

Kanon 2006 >= Clannad + After Story > Little Busters > Air Movie > Air + Summer > Charlotte > Angel Beats > Clannad Movie :p

Angel Beats > Clannad +after story > Charlotte > Air > Kanon 2006 > Little busters (though I need to finish it I got like 5 episodes in before I got bored and stopped watching :p).

Air at least only had one brain damaged girl who couldn't speak without adding a catch phrase to everything... good god kanon was horrid in that regard @_@.

Paradise Kiss ep.1-3
The OP and ED for this series are really good! I haven't gotten too far into the story yet, but it sounds like it's going to move towards a good girl turned bad kinda story. Georgit is a weird guy for sure and he prying on how niece the poor girl is, but hey, hey did give her an out, but she wanted it, so she got her kiss and now she will be hooked. The tone of the show is definitely different as eell, but it goes well with the way their two different worlds are colliding.

and after PK you can watch the creators other major show Nana and forever suffer with the rest of the Nana fans that never got an ending... since the manga just kind of ends due to the creator getting sick and never returning to finish it... despite teasing she might for the last 5 years or so @_@/.

Aki-at

Oh wow. It definitely makes me wish there were more episodes.

Definitely, I only just read the chapters that mostly cover episode 11 to see what was cut out of curiosity and I'm surprised what was, there's enough content here to cover 3 episodes
they even covered the killer's backstory
, let alone the one they crammed everything into.

Now I'm fascinated to see how different the manga is from the anime, it's piqued my interest that after the show ends I've decided I'll give it a read through.

Rakugo 11

Man watching Kiku and Sukeroku do Rakugo together was so good. These two would be a good performing duo. Shame we already know what is going to happen soon. This is the calm before the storm. I expect that it'll happen on the next episode. with the last one being dedicated to going back to the present time. Man this show has been such a great ride. Proof that sometimes the destination doesn't matter, what matters is the road to take us there.

GATE 23 - Paramore
5koTfli.png

What is going on with the sky?

Actually, I noticed way more this episode that there's a lot of weird sketchline things going on in the artstyle. Valkyria Chronicles?

Man, I almost feel bad for Princey. He just has no idea about anything that is going on, and he's getting played by literally everyone.

This show just keeps illustrating over and over again how much it sucks to be someone from the Empire. Like, you're either going to be killed by Nihonjin or your own people and there's nothing you can do about it.

New saying, "What Would Itami Do?"

I do appreciate Haruka Tomatsu's voice acting a lot. She's really got such a broad range.

Cornbread78

Angel Beats > Clannad +after story > Charlotte > Air > Kanon 2006 > Little busters (though I need to finish it I got like 5 episodes in before I got bored and stopped watching :p).

Air at least only had one brain damaged girl who couldn't speak without adding a catch phrase to everything... good god kanon was horrid in that regard @_@.

and after PK you can watch the creators other major show Nana and forever suffer with the rest of the Nana fans that never got an ending... since the manga just kind of ends due to the creator getting sick and never returning to finish it... despite teasing she might for the last 5 years or so @_@/.

Go watch Little Busters, it gers much better as it goes along, then once you get to refrain, it was awesome and well worth the slow start. I loved all the characters by the end of it and they all play important parts to the end story.

Go watch Little Busters, it gers much better as it goes along, then once you get to refrain, it was awesome and well worth the slow start. I loved all the characters by the end of it and they all play important parts to the end story.

Dude, Little Busters is the BEST!

... I may be in the minority who liked it at least as much as Clannad, if not moreso at certain parts. I thought the comedy was a lot more on point in it at least.

Cornbread78

Dude, Little Busters is the BEST!

... I may be in the minority who liked it at least as much as Clannad, if not moreso at certain parts. I thought the comedy was a lot more on point in it at least.

The last few episodes of refrain still blow me away to this day. The events that happened, just amazing.

Also, #2 for the week:

Otome x Amnesia ep.1-3
What an interesting way to start this series off with an immediate mix of horror, comedy, romance and mystery all right away. Thereare definitely darker undertones to the story as presented in episode 3 when they found the
temple underground and they discussed the second part of the spirited away story.
definately sone interesting stuff there.

zulux21

I will perhaps after I catch up on jojo as I need to do that by the start of next season so I can watch jojo with my college buddy.

Mailbox

Why is it that in so many anime that during a fight scene when something impactful or strong happens the brightness turns down? Like, a lot down.

Its almost like the animation studio doesn't want you to feel the impact of the hits or of the scene. It ruins everything when that happens.

The worst is when the scene is supposed to be brighter at that moment (like when someone uses a lightning attack for example) but you see less brightness.

WTF is up with that shit?!

Mailbox

Otome x Amnesia ep.1-3
What an interesting way to start this series off with an immediate mix of horror, comedy, romance and mystery all right away. Thereare definitely darker undertones to the story as presented in episode 3 when they found the
temple underground and they discussed the second part of the spirited away story.
definately sone interesting stuff there.

YES.

You're gonna like this one Corn.
Just remember what I said about the ending. Stop a few minutes before the actual ending. You will know when to stop. If you don't you will regret it

Your Lie in April is still killing me.

I can't even play CSGO.

Believe me, I still feel the same. Been almost a week since I saw it, and I'm still kind of sad. Ordered a few volumes of the manga too so I get to relive part of it again soon.

I'll probably watch it again in a few weeks too, just because.

Why is it that in so many anime that during a fight scene when something impactful or strong happens the brightness turns down? Like, a lot down.

Its almost like the animation studio doesn't want you to feel the impact of the hits or of the scene. It ruins everything when that happens.

The worst is when the scene is supposed to be brighter at that moment (like when someone uses a lightning attack for example) but you see less brightness.

WTF is up with that shit?!

That's actually a mandate from television stations. They will sometimes require the brightness to be turned down on scenes with a lot of action in them to prevent them from causing sickness in viewers.

TUSR

Banned
Believe me, I still feel the same. Been almost a week since I saw it, and I'm still kind of sad. Ordered a few volumes of the manga too so I get to relive part of it again soon.

I'll probably watch it again in a few weeks too, just because.

It ruined my favourite instrument too.

I've been watching Non Non Biyori to heal my soul.

Mailbox

That's actually a mandate from television stations. They will sometimes require the brightness to be turned down on scenes with a lot of action in them to prevent them from causing sickness in viewers.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Still sucks a bunch though. totally takes me out of the scene when that happens.

duckroll

According to ANN Amazon apparently paid some ridiculous, unheard of amount for the streaming rights it acquired. I wonder if this covers past Noitamina anime in addition to future ones? Would be nice to see some of their currently unlicensed titles gain a new audience.

Also makes me a bit curious about future home video rights to these titles. Do North American anime companies still have to go through Fuji TV, or will they now deal with Amazon? What about Noitamina titles that Aniplex would normally release on home video (or, in many cases, do nothing with)? Very interested in seeing the consequences of this deal on the North American industry.

This reinforces my belief that noitaminA is only able to continue with a strong full year slate through to 2017 because of the Amazon deal they made. Hope it works out for them.

zulux21

I'm fine with this. especially if it just takes 6-12 months off.

it allows the manga to get ahead without bad filler. and it would give funimation time to finish catching up and when the next series comes out do a broadcast dub.

Gao.
do you hate me Gao?
I don't hate you Gao.
I Gao..... wish you the best Gao.

and yes I know that one is from Air... I blocked the kanon 2006 ones from memory :p

Erased 11

Whoa. That anime/manga difference is huge. Looks like they are cutting out a huge chunk in order to conclude it in 12 eps. To be fair it was around this point where the manga started to drag but this alternate anime version seems like it's really speeding things along.

Clov

This reinforces my belief that noitaminA is only able to continue with a strong full year slate through to 2017 because of the Amazon deal they made. Hope it works out for them.

It seems possible, at least. Hope it works out for them too!

While not everything on noitaminA is great, there's been a lot of amazing works that wouldn't have been made if not for them. I hope that there will be some more works like those in the future; looking at their upcoming slate, The Great Wave seems like it could be pretty interesting. Looking forward to it.

blurr

His objective is saving her by getting close to her and all (which is actually a terribly flawed idea in the grand scheme of the entire homicide issue but let's leave that aside). It would be unquestionably unethical for him in some regards to pursue being her boyfriend in the long run.

Considering the circumstances, I didn't really think it was a bad start to try to save her. If he wanted to protect her, he'd need her trust which would require that he got close to her. I was actually glad he didn't start off by being brash about trying to protect her.

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 52

OK, when Melody started talking about the Song of Darkness supposedly composed by Satan himself, all I could think of was the R.O.D. OVA in which Beethoven was resurrected to play his "Death Symphony" that would cause everyone who heard it to commit suicide. That demonic vacuum cleaner was goofy as hell too.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

i finished watching both seasons, and may i ask: is the last episode of season 2 the real ending? or there is some story left to be told?

i loved it btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom