• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
With good property and hype comes great salt

All I'm hyped for in this anime is to see Wright, Maya, Mia, Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Von Karma, Pearls, Oldbag, Lotta, Larry, Godot, etc. all animated and voice acted as the show covers the events of the original trilogy. That's it.

If a studio puts out subpar work for a property people like, you can expect to hear complaints.

Of course, definitely. I'm just concerned about how many people are going let the animation alone ruin it for them and play the "all video game adaptations are bad" card because of it.

Of course, definitely. I'm just concerned about how many people are going let the animation alone ruin it for them and play the "all video game adaptations are bad" card because of it.

If people want to say that, I can just point them to Production I.G.'s Sengoku Basara, a Capcom property with a much better anime adaptation.

Mailbox

All I'm hyped for in this anime is to see Wright, Maya, Mia, Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Von Karma, Pearls, Oldbag, Lotta, Larry, Godot, etc. all animated and voice acted as the show covers the events of the original trilogy. That's it.

I definitely agree with you, I just want it to be done well is all.

I've been clamoring for an Ace Attorney anime since I really think an adaptation could work really well, but if the acting, animation, art, or what have you just don't work then i'm gonna be super disappointed.

It just feels to me, from the CM, that A1 won't give a shit for this series, which really sucks.

zulux21

The timeslot it's airing in seems to be cursed with low-quality productions. Magic Kaito 1412, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Kindaichi R - nobody's investing much into these shows.

on the flip side magic kaito and ultimate otaku teacher put up great ratings :p

maybe PW will put up great ratings and we can get a higher budget second season.

I thought magic kaito was pretty well regarded, unless good anime is just defined as what has high quality production value.

magic kaito is a weird one.
on one hand in a bubble it's a solid series.
on the other hand almost the entire series is a rehash of previous content released.

Cornbread78

G Gundam ep.10-12
Ep.10:
Damn, Domon brought it to a whole new level during that fight with Neo Egypt as we start to learn where the Devil Gundam got sone of its powers.

Ep.11:
So Domon gets all jelly about NeoTurkey's Gundam fightEr because Rain was in love with him during college, but they never really hooked up. Dies Rain still love him? Sounded like it, lol.

Ep.12:
Master! That joint attack was master was hilarious. It's just one of those over the top things that's fun to watch.

Dimension W 8+9

Awesome episodes. We got some backstory about Grendel and the two Princes. Some great action as well.

The connection between Miyabi and Mira were also confirmed, which Mabuchi knew all along. Now that he has confronted this truth I hope hes nicer to her.

I have a feeling Loser wont get a happy ending. He's such a cool dude but I just see awful flags left and right for him.

Taruranto

The Reign of Ein #24

7dez766.jpg

WHY ARE THEY WEARING SHIRTS AGAIN

Azee is totally dead. Lafter is probably going to be ok, and Shino is a major pilot so it's probably getting rescued by Yamagi and hot tits.

Aki-at

Assassination Classroom S2 - 11

Asano really is one creepy yet cool guy, always enjoy the episodes were he plays some sort of role.

Dimension W - 11

Man what a tragic backstory for Loser, really hope Seymayer isn't let off so lightly by Koyma. Loving this arc and to think only one more episode left.

Grimgar - 11

Heh, didn't peg this one to end up being my favourite anime this season but after Erased dropped from it's lofty heights this is battling it out with AC for number one spot. Another great action packed episode, loving the fight scenes that are in this show and its great to see how far this group have come along but still having some shortcomings.

Cornbread78

Paradise Kiss ep.4-6
Well, this certainly is a good girl gone bad story as
Caroline leaves school and moves out of her house to do her own thing (getting into modeling)
and holy crap, 6 episodes in and a couple have sex?! No way, this doesn't happen in anime! It was actually done very well and tastfully too. The story of her life changes is moving at a brisk pac here, so I'm wondering where she ends up along the path she has decided to take, which is well outside her mothers expectations.

Just T

Dimension W: 11

Great episode, got a good bit of information this time. Loser's past is tragic and doesn't look like his situation is going to get any easier. Hopefully the finale comes together nicely.

Line_HTX

Paradise Kiss ep.4-6
Well, this certainly is a good girl gone bad story as
Caroline leaves school and moves out of her house to do her own thing (getting into modeling)
and holy crap, 6 episodes in and a couple have sex?! No way, this doesn't happen in anime! It was actually done very well and tastfully too. The story of her life changes is moving at a brisk pac here, so I'm wondering where she ends up along the path she has decided to take, which is well outside her mothers expectations.

Yukari can't resist George's charms, man. That scene is one that's almost close to J-drama type, almost realistic in a way. You should watch Nana after this, it's by the same artist and just as heart-wrenching.

Tuck

Tiger and Bunny - 2-7

I watched episode 1 a long time ago and it didn't grab me, but I started watching again.

This show is awesome. Just a whole lot of fun. Bunny kind of sucks, but everyone else is fun to watch. Shame about the shitty CG usage, but theres still some pretty solid action/creative action scenes.

Lulantic is a cool villain.

zulux21

Den-noh Coil? Donotwant.

You know... you make so many awesome posts and I don't think I have ever seen you make one I feel is a bad post...

until now.

*subtracts 1 point from duckrolls awesome point tally*

:(

Dennou coil is a great show and I am really happy it is coming out. it plus skip beat completes 2/3 of the top series I want to own that I never had a chance before this year.

all that is left is One Outs until I look into shows again and figure out more :p

unless you are just referring to the name... but even then...
what's in a name, a great previously unreleased series is getting a release :p?

CrimsonN0

I really need to catch up watching at least the first episodes of the last/current season.
The only series I've kept up with are Konosuba and Durarara.
Sölf;198671532 said:
Durarara!! x2 35
Man, only one more episode. I have the feeling pretty much all characters are more or less going into the deep end here. And I still have no idea what Mikado was trying to do. It just makes no sense. Why u do dis?

After that, new Baccano! season please.
Durarara - latest.
Huh, since the mention did seem familiar, the weapon that Mikado had was indeed the same as the one Goose(?) used aboard the Flying Pussyfoot over in Baccano.
Although, I could do with some more Baccano anime, I kind of feel that they'd keep more of the Baccano references in Durarara if they were going to make more.
Then again I really only remember a couple. Though, that kind of just makes it weirder that they kept in the references to vampires, werewolves, and that German martial artist all of which appears in another of the author's light novels, Vamp.

zulux21

Released before.

Superior cover and title.

413Agqmjd5L.jpg

I suppose I should have clarified and said released in NA before. Because that is not remotely an NA release :p

looks to be Australia, and without the dub.

I will agree I prefer the look of that, but I am just happy to get it in NA where I can buy it and lend it out to my friends without needing to get my friends to buy a region free dvd player :p

would have you prefered
Cyber Coil
Coil - A Circle of Children

as apparently those are other known names for the series :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom