• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

I suppose I should have clarified and said released in NA before. Because that is not remotely an NA release :p

looks to be Australia, and without the dub.

I will agree I prefer the look of that, but I am just happy to get it in NA where I can buy it and lend it out to my friends without needing to get my friends to buy a region free dvd player :p

would have you prefered
Cyber Coil
Coil - A Circle of Children

as apparently those are other known names for the series :p

I think he just prefers Dennou to Den-noh.

Narag

That was overthinking a subject more than the guy who got juniored for the thread about the only white kids in town hooking up with one another in Doug.

Narag

fVKF9RE.jpg

Dino Coil

One Piece 733

Y'know that K.O. punch would've been good if it lasted 20 seconds and not four minutes. I used to be able to say "Well, at least they do the big moments right" but that isn't even true anymore.

Summer Days with Coo

Ooof. I wasn't expecting this to hit as hard as it did. I mean, I should have expected it from the director of Colorful, but man. It sort of explores a similar theme to Takahata's Pom Poko, only more successfully and with a greater sensitivity towards humanity. I liked how it explored how the appearance of a mythological creature would be handled by 21st century media-saturated society. The personal dramas, particularly that of the family dog Ossan and the classmate Kikuchi, were surprisingly emotional as well. A really bittersweet film.

zulux21

The One Piece anime needs to take a break for a year, and then come back.

But Toei won't do that.

Because who cares about quality?

that is what for one piece kai is for.

once one piece ends in 30-60 years they can then restart from the beginning and give it a proper HD release from start to finish reusing scenes and touching up stuff with odd animation here and there :p

it won't ever leave though it's top 5 in ratings repeatedly with their current style of poor animation and super slow pace. why would they stop and lose viewers.

Russ T

Banned
that is what for one piece kai is for.

Apparently you haven't seen Dragon Ball Z Kai.

It really doesn't improve much, and sometimes makes it worse.

Does speed it up considerably though. But it gets rid of the good filler alongside the bad. D:

Yes, but surely the anime only really starts to lose its quality after a certain point, right?

I remember people saying that it only gets bad around episode 300 or something.

Alright now reread what you just said and realize you are talking about 300 goddamn episodes. Even at its best it still isn't as good as the manga is. You could easily read the entire manga in that time.

Cornbread78

Yukari can't resist George's charms, man. That scene is one that's almost close to J-drama type, almost realistic in a way. You should watch Nana after this, it's by the same artist and just as heart-wrenching.

Fuck, I can't sleep and this sucks..

Oh well. This show has such a weird and unique tone to it, that's really hard to describe in words. That scene was no different because if it's set-up. You're right though, it probably was one of the most "realistic " interpretations of it I've seen in anime. I mean, I remember going through that same conversation through it with a couple girls for their first time, Eerie shit... George was a gentleman there, but you can tell from the show that he is gonna drop her ass once he gets his dress made; that is the kind of Tobe I get from the show.

Alright now reread what you just said and realize you are talking about 300 goddamn episodes. Even at its best it still isn't as good as the manga is. You could easily read the entire manga in that time.

Well sure, but I don't know, I always feel the urge to watch the anime over reading the manga (the only exceptions to this being Death Note and Getter Robo) if I have a choice. Like, if the anime is really bad, then yeah I'll choose the manga but otherwise, yeah.

I usually want an experience consisting of voice acting, music, and animation over just reading manga panels, though that's just me, haha.

manfestival

can someone explain to me why there are backstory episodes every time a non main or even main character dies in a show? I mean, it is a dead giveaway that its going to happen and really feels like filler most of the time since you dont really benefit from knowing a characters back story that much other than adding some sentiment to the moment

Because lots of manga are written on the fly and character deaths are usually decided in a very short timespan, so the authors have to scramble to evoke some sort of pathos.

Anime programs are usually manga adaptations so tha carries over.

Well sure, but I don't know, I always feel the urge to watch the anime over reading the manga (the only exceptions to this being Death Note and Getter Robo) if I have a choice. Like, if the anime is really bad, then yeah I'll choose the manga but otherwise, yeah.

I usually want an experience consisting of voice acting, music, and animation over just reading manga panels, though that's just me, haha.

I understand that but at some point I stopped following anime that would run forever because it would never hit that point of "Alright, guess I'm gonna pick up the manga now" cuz it never ever ends.

Gintama is the exception since everyone told me the anime was better and the manga was gonna end soon anyway and that DOES actually take breaks

Mailbox

Love♥Love? 1-9[END] + Specials

tumblr_nr0h41ZQ4Q1ruqqm0o1_500.gif

Lets get the facts out of the way.
This is an anime that exists.
It has 9 episodes, with 4 specials.
It is made by a production company named "M.O.E."

Okay, I'll give this show credit where its due, the idea of having the harem trying to entice a MC for reasons outside of "because I love him" is interesting to say the least. But, that's about it really.
Everything else about this show is just straight up bad. None of the characters are likable, hell everyone is damn detestable here.

Especially midway when the twist happens and the MC goes apeshit. I half expected him to murder someone at that point. He doesn't though... would have been more interesting if he did, or someone died period tbh...

The art is basic mid 2000's B-tier. Not horrible, but kinda boring to look at.

I just don't know what to say about this show tbh. Magical Warfare and Green Green were very particular in their shitty-ness, but they also allowed for something to talk about.
Magical Warfare was about boring your audience when they should be excited
Green Green was about how you shouldn't focus purely on poorly executed juvenile trite when trying to make a dumb romance story

This show? Maybe you could say its a how to on how not to make a twist or at least on how not to deal with the aftermath.

Its funny how this show is about a ghost writer who turns out to be an immature asshat. I feel like that speaks volumes about who produced this filth.

I'm done with purposefully watching bad anime for a while. I usually watch the stuff to get my mood up, if that makes any sense. But I just need to recover from this stuff... I'm not gonna watch "Smash Hit!". Not after I've watched this.
I wanna watch something fun now....
Thankfully I have a pretty chill time until Finals hit, so that's nice...

Line_HTX

GATE 23

Mmm, the return of the glorious propaganda with Call of Duty aiming down the sights twitch shooting point of view. Only downside that they didn't blast Rise of the Valkyries again like before.

Please beat up that rabbit like floor breaks or wall breaks or balcony breaks and environmental combos for more than 70% damage in 3D fighters. I'm so sick of her shit.

The Corporal did what he could and waited for Bozes and Beefeater. LOL at that princess carry. O////O

Finally Itami speeds back up to the Capital. Time to go get Pina and have her join his adventures and other stuff, heh heh heh...

Chindogg

Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst OVA

2min in the loli succubus is doing the flossing thing with a towel and the MC's like

CeC74MnW8AECXZE.jpg

Obviously the entire OVA's an ero mess, but at least the animation's fairly nice.
And they remixed the theme song for the fifth time lol.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hackadoll the animation overall impression
Short show about personal AI that supposed to help humanity advances. Start out harmless enough, then it turn into a parody show, parodying show such as Shirobako, Detective conan, Mad max, Jojo, etc. And it was hilarious. The comedy timing is just right, and the animation style change according to what the show parodying. Best episode is ep.7, where they parody Shirobako. Despite being parody, i somehow believe that its probably closer to what really happen in studio. So yeah, great show to waste your time if you're into parody.

Best Hackadoll #3
san-go said:

TUSR

Banned
Short show about personal AI that supposed to help humanity advances. Start out harmless enough, then it turn into a parody show, parodying show such as Shirobako, Detective conan, Mad max, Jojo, etc. And it was hilarious. The comedy timing is just right, and the animation style change according to what the show parodying. Best episode is ep.7, where they parody Shirobako. Despite being parody, i somehow believe that its probably closer to what really happen in studio. So yeah, great show to waste your time if you're into parody.

TRIGGER saving anime again

Hackadoll was one of my favourites last season.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works END

First thing I need to say is holy shit Brave Shine is an awesome OP, I watched it every single time and I can't think of a single other OP I've done that for. Onto the show itself I enjoyed it a lot, although most of the best moments were as awesome as they were because it's Ufotable. I more or less marathoned it all in the last few days. The music was pretty good, especially when it was remixing some older tracks from the original VN, and while it apparently wasn't Kajiura doing this one the new composer sure as hell felt like he was going for the same style.

I read through the original VN way back when it was originally translated, so obviously nothing was going to surprise me, but I did enjoy some of the additions and callbacks to Zero, as well as the extended epilogue. Really makes me look forward to Heaven's Feel, although I do remember than one having both probably the most boring parts and some of the favorite moments in the VN.

Now I'll probably just go watch something a bit more down to earth though, I'm kind of torn between resubbing to Funimation and just browsing their stuff for something or getting a Crunchyroll account so I can watch Toradora dubbed.

TUSR

Banned
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works END

First thing I need to say is holy shit Brave Shine is an awesome OP, I watched it every single time and I can't think of a single other OP I've done that for. Onto the show itself I enjoyed it a lot, although most of the best moments were as awesome as they were because it's Ufotable. I more or less marathoned it all in the last few days. The music was pretty good, especially when it was remixing some older tracks from the original VN, and while it apparently wasn't Kajiura doing this one the new composer sure as hell felt like he was going for the same style.

I read through the original VN way back when it was originally translated, so obviously nothing was going to surprise me, but I did enjoy some of the additions and callbacks to Zero, as well as the extended epilogue. Really makes me look forward to Heaven's Feel, although I do remember than one having both probably the most boring parts and some of the favorite moments in the VN.

Now I'll probably just go watch something a bit more down to earth though, I'm kind of torn between resubbing to Funimation and just browsing their stuff for something or getting a Crunchyroll account so I can watch Toradora dubbed.

Don't worry, im still not over YLiA either.

Line_HTX

Konosuba 09

Man, FUCK DEEN for having the most atrocious QUALITY across the board all the way through for this type of episode. Even the animations of some of that stuff were awkward as hell.

Everyone's faces looked their worst here. Goddamn...

TUSR

Banned
Konosuba 09

Man, FUCK DEEN for having the most atrocious QUALITY across the board all the way through for this type of episode. Even the animations of some of that stuff were awkward as hell.

zgX8j6x.png

TheRancor

Konosuba 09

From what I've read it's a deliberate choice because like the first episode, Koichi Kikuta who is the (animation) character designer for the show was in charge of the animation for these episodes. So yes, its intentional "quality" if you want to call it that. Though personally it just seems like their having fun lol.

Short show about personal AI that supposed to help humanity advances. Start out harmless enough, then it turn into a parody show, parodying show such as Shirobako, Detective conan, Mad max, Jojo, etc. And it was hilarious. The comedy timing is just right, and the animation style change according to what the show parodying. Best episode is ep.7, where they parody Shirobako. Despite being parody, i somehow believe that its probably closer to what really happen in studio.

The director of Hackadoll said that Shirobako is closer to reality than the Kurobako episode.

Konosuba 09

As TheRancor said above, this was a deliberate artistic decision made by Koichi Kikuta, who closely supervised the animation on this episode. You're free to not like it, but you can't call it incompetence or blame "DEEN" for it.

rrvv

Thought I am interested wether DEEN will make changes in BD released. I hope it keeps the style but change the animation a bit

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The director of Hackadoll said that Shirobako is closer to reality than the Kurobako episode.

As TheRancor said above, this was a deliberate artistic decision made by Koichi Kikuta, who closely supervised the animation on this episode. You're free to not like it, but you can't call it incompetence or blame "DEEN" for it.
Wew, glad that shirobako is closer to reality than kurobako.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tiger and Bunny - 2-7

I watched episode 1 a long time ago and it didn't grab me, but I started watching again.

This show is awesome. Just a whole lot of fun. Bunny kind of sucks, but everyone else is fun to watch. Shame about the shitty CG usage, but theres still some pretty solid action/creative action scenes.

Lulantic is a cool villain.

I recently watched this series and I kind of got bored with the back half.

Ascheroth

Grimgar - 11

Awesome episode. And the opening scene... this show really looks beautiful.
It's funny how this is basically reverse Erased for me. That started strong and now it's in perpetual meh territory, whereas Grimgar has been growing on me more and more.

For people who haven't watched the Sengoku Basara anime...

vyfcIMd.gif

Beautiful. On the watchlist it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom