• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 194:

At last we have arrived at the stage of the endgame as revealed Princess Kakyuu gives the Sailor Factions the lowdown on the backstory of the ultimate enemy of the Guardians, Chaos. I am as of yet unsure how much of the story of Chaos has been altered from her Manga counterpart but I am already willing to bet that details like the fact that all previous big bads we template clones of Chaos have been omitted. Anyway, the story is pretty stock and trade as the grand evil was sealed away ages ago but now such magic is being weakened by her avatar Sailor Galaxia and Sailor Moon's true star seed is the key to ultimate dominion. Of course not even this revelation is enough to qualm the at this point very forced clashing of the Factions. The Sailor Stars are still being to short sighted and the Outers are still being too protective and the whole situation is getting to everybody. Oh, right, also Salilor Tin Nyanko still knows the identity of Sailor Moon and now targets her directly so that danger factor is adding to the stress. All and all Sailor Moon suffers an emotional breakdown because of the lack of Mamoru, who I honestly had forgotten had existed which is always kind of been his problem from a character standpoint.

House of Five Leaves 6

The resolution to Ume's drama was pretty good. The strongest thing this show has going for is definitely its rich cast of characters, each with their own problems and troubled pasts.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 195:

So we have reached the point with Princess Kakyuu out in the open the time for the public persona of the Sailor Starlughts are no longer needed so they are holding a farewell concert as the mood and attitudes from the previous episodes still linger in the melancholy. The factional strife is still a concern to the point when the Princess basically tells the Factions to knock off the squabbling in the face of Galaxia. Anyway, after some truly awful 90s J-Pop, the enemy attacks and after a bout of you have failed me for the last time, realyl kind of Sailor Galaxia's gimmick at the point she obliterates Princess Kakyuu and grabs her true star seed and ends with a proclamation and unleashes hell on earth.

Sölf

For people who haven't watched the Sengoku Basara anime...

vyfcIMd.gif

Looks like a normal Fire Emblem critical hit animation. And?

I finished Konosuba. S2 when?!

Mendrox

Sölf;198787753 said:
Looks like a normal Fire Emblem critical hit animation. And?

I finished Konosuba. S2 when?!

Summer.

Also I didn't realize that the first episode and the begining of KonoSuba is a parody to YuYu Hakusho. o_o

Sölf

Love♥Love? 1-9[END] + Specials

tumblr_nr0h41ZQ4Q1ruqqm0o1_500.gif

Lets get the facts out of the way.
This is an anime that exists.
It has 9 episodes, with 4 specials.
It is made by a production company named "M.O.E."

Okay, I'll give this show credit where its due, the idea of having the harem trying to entice a MC for reasons outside of "because I love him" is interesting to say the least. But, that's about it really.
Everything else about this show is just straight up bad. None of the characters are likable, hell everyone is damn detestable here.

Especially midway when the twist happens and the MC goes apeshit. I half expected him to murder someone at that point. He doesn't though... would have been more interesting if he did, or someone died period tbh...

The art is basic mid 2000's B-tier. Not horrible, but kinda boring to look at.

I just don't know what to say about this show tbh. Magical Warfare and Green Green were very particular in their shitty-ness, but they also allowed for something to talk about.
Magical Warfare was about boring your audience when they should be excited
Green Green was about how you shouldn't focus purely on poorly executed juvenile trite when trying to make a dumb romance story

This show? Maybe you could say its a how to on how not to make a twist or at least on how not to deal with the aftermath.

Its funny how this show is about a ghost writer who turns out to be an immature asshat. I feel like that speaks volumes about who produced this filth.

I'm done with purposefully watching bad anime for a while. I usually watch the stuff to get my mood up, if that makes any sense. But I just need to recover from this stuff... I'm not gonna watch "Smash Hit!". Not after I've watched this.
I wanna watch something fun now....
Thankfully I have a pretty chill time until Finals hit, so that's nice...

Oh, you actually watched it. I saw Love♥Love? first, but it's actually the third show of the franchise. And sadly, it's the best of the three. Smash Hit! in comparison is just meh, but Cosprayers is just plain bad. I mean, the idea behind the whole thing is actually not that bad. You have the setting of a show that is being made and have 3 anime, showing different angles. The first is the show itself, then you get production from the director (or produce or who she was) and then from the writer and some of the actors. It's just that the execution is beyond bad.

Now, for some actualy somewhat good harem/comedy shows, Amaenaideyo!! and Maburaho are actually good.

kewlmyc

Summer.

Also I didn't realize that the first episode and the begining of KonoSuba is a parody to YuYu Hakusho. o_o

That's when the OVA drops, not the second season. Second Season doesn't have a release scheduled yet.

Also, I don't think the beginning of the story is a YuYu Hakusho parody. It's more of a parody of all of those reincarnation stories that start the exact same way. MC dies (usually by getting hit by a truck), then gets sent to a fantasy world where they're super awesome and get all of the girls. It might as well be its own genre with how many LN/WNs have the exact same concept.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku Dake ga inai machi 11
Ep.11
I see they changed a lot of things from the manga to fit it into 12 episodes. The opening with Satoru erased can be jarring at a times, especially during action scenes. I wish they change it too, not just erasing Satoru. Anyway, anyone notice that Yashiro wearing glove when he visit Kumi, take off his glove when meeting Satoru, then wear it again during their trip to the roof? Not sure if its intentional or error.
One thing i also notice, i think Satoru already got his memory (at least partially, i think he's in the process of connecting all dots) after meeting with Kayo, and he remember Yashiro from the very beginning when they reunited. Not to mention child Satoru no longer narrating during the 2nd half.
That's why he don't feel threatened when Yashiro taken him to the roof. He probably already prepare something to finish this once and for all.

I should mention that Satoru's mom is simply the best. Mother of the forever!

Okay, what the fuck.

Maybe I don't find Arakawa Under The Bridge that funny because...I've accidentally started watching the second season. Called "Bridge x Bridge". Smh at those fucking 2nd season titles sometimes.

People said that one is worse, right? Besides, it felt a bit too random and I was surprised I didn't get proper character introductions... oh god why

fHQoOpP.gif
fHQoOpP.gif
fHQoOpP.gif

Ace of Diamond Second Season Episode 50

Darn next week is the end (they even called it season finale).
tumblr_o4e4029Ays1sbu9obo1_500.gif

Awesome match, captain Miyuki ftw! I just wish Sawamura got to stay on the mound. He's a better ace than Furuya.

tusr i liked your previous avatar better

although i don't know who it was

This is the avy I know TUSR by really. In my head it's always this one lol. An avy is much like a face, you can get a haircut, etc, but if you were to completely change your whole head it would just just be jarring. Hence why I don't really change mine. If I ever do, it'll have to fall along the lines of what I have now.

Russ T

Banned
This is the avy I know TUSR by really. In my head it's always this one lol. An avy is much like a face, you can get a haircut, etc, but if you were to completely change your whole head it would just just be jarring. Hence why I don't really change mine. If I ever do, it'll have to fall along the lines of what I have now.

I used to feel that way. Now I change my avatar whenever I feel like it. As much as I love this one, I think I'm feeling a change coming soon.

Consider yourself lucky for the fact that you aren"t trapped in Idol Hell
yet

I'm getting closer and closer as time goes on.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 96
CeE9UjoUAAEyeou.jpg
CeE9f-RUsAA_zZm.jpg

Timesword Magician MVP of this duel, especially when riding on Radish Horse. Love him a whole lot.

First part was good time to get some Reira redemption going on. His smile is so incredibly warm and sweet, he even made Jack Atlus smile!
CeE6EyyVIAIp2cW.jpg
CeE6PXlUsAU2SgU.jpg

My avatars used to be all over the place when I first joined GAF.

Nowadays, you'll usually know it's me whenever it's a close up of a mecha's face.

My avatars used to be all over the place when I first joined GAF.

Nowadays, you'll usually know it's me whenever it's a close up of a mecha's face.

Another good example yeah, I always do associate a mech's head shot as you. I don't even need to look at the name, just by seeing the avatar I know who is who.

blurr

I was thinking about sticking to any Ononoki avatar but Orihara's ideologies got me at one point while watching the show. Started to adore the character a lot more.

Kirito is just fun to have on there to mess with people and make them roll their eyes.

AEaGuQE.jpg
cuwVcVq.jpg

vTbtPY9.jpg
Nv0qpVY.png

The Tomoya/Ushio one is probably my favorite, but I lost the transparent background one That Names did for me, lol

Damn that's a shame, I cleaned my inbox/outbox recently, I had it in there.

If you want I can clean it up for you again tonight, I'm currently on my way to class but I have some down time after

Mailbox

Sölf;198787907 said:
Oh, you actually watched it. I saw Love♥Love? first, but it's actually the third show of the franchise. And sadly, it's the best of the three. Smash Hit! in comparison is just meh, but Cosprayers is just plain bad. I mean, the idea behind the whole thing is actually not that bad. You have the setting of a show that is being made and have 3 anime, showing different angles. The first is the show itself, then you get production from the director (or produce or who she was) and then from the writer and some of the actors. It's just that the execution is beyond bad.

Now, for some actualy somewhat good harem/comedy shows, Amaenaideyo!! and Maburaho are actually good.
Yeah, your absolutely right about that.
Interesting concept, morbid execution.
Thanks for the recommendations though!

Russ T

Banned
Haikyu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whatever anime you think is good right now

better than osomatsu-san I THINK NOT

confession: i haven't watched anime for a couple weeks now

last thing i watched was konosuba ep 9

):

(i've been really just watching lots of supernatural (not the anime))

phaze

Koyomimonogatari 11
Such lies.

I'll take Kagenui's sudden disappearance as a sign of her future importance in the final arc and not as "she got offed offscreen" sign.

Cause that would be bad.

Arakawa Under the Bride 04
0148323fx59.jpg
014852mmytq.jpg
014854kvxw4.jpg

^ I didn't know such levels of brain damage were even possible ...

Stella's introduction
dq8cskva4s55.gif

Ed: Oh God, there is an opening devoted solely to Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom