• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chindogg

Sword Art Online 6-12

Kirito and Asuna's relationship is probably the best part of this show. Everything else remains to be incredibly uneven.

Squishy3

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju season 2 episode 7

it was a mistake to watch this before going to bed please send help i think i'm dying

Szadek

Mawaru Penguindrum - Ep. 23-24
What a fantastic ending.
As usual with a show like this, I will need some time to think that certain things mean and hopefully I can find a few interesting interpretations for it as well.

Sounds be much a suprise that I love this anime, since Utena is one of my favorites and I'm also a huge fan of Yuri Kuma Arashi.

I need this Yurio cover
C5OyRRHVMAAm35Y.jpg

The Vision of EscaFlowne Episode 12 The Secret Door

I thought Hitomi hd made progress on advancing past go with Van but now this, what. How does she still have feelings for Allan and especially after hes asked for readings more than Van. Shes so ugh.

Cornbread78

I think my response to you will merely be Danger Zone

:p

Shhh, he's about to embark on the next arc of this great adventure.

I want to know his natural unadulterated feelings towards the Suguha stuff.

To this day, I still think the scene with them at the door was very touching and heartfelt.

and it's not incest, but yeah, they are totally not "blood brother/sister" lol

Cornbread78

14./00. [PSV] Diabolik Lovers: Lost Eden # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2017.02.16} (¥6.300) - 5.537 / NEW

We are talking about how this "is a thing" in the Media Create thread. Otome power?

The misogynistic nature of the show was not something I could handle, not to mention a pretty gross family
gang "blood" rape of the girl in the first episode
nope nope nope

Clov

As awful as it is, it's debuted at 14 in the top 20. It just seems to be selling as well as a typical otome game, it's not some huge mainstream hit.

Puruzi

Banned
I want to believe that avatar is just to upset me, Puruzi.

Yellow's best my man.

We are talking about how this "is a thing" in the Media Create thread. Otome power?

The misogynistic nature of the show was not something I could handle, not to mention a pretty gross family
gang "blood" rape of the girl in the first episode
nope nope nope

Oh. Well I didn't expect a game like that to chart but hey, guess the people into it are just supporting what they like. Weird though.

Cornbread78

Oh. Well I didn't expect a game like that to chart but hey, guess the people into it are just supporting what they like. Weird though.

exactly! just odd to see it there.

As awful as it is, it's debuted at 14 in the top 20. It just seems to be selling as well as a typical otome game, it's not some huge mainstream hit.

for sure. It's not a huge amount, but I was still surprised to see it up there.

in before Ducky starts saying: "What do you expect from a Vita game"

Clov

for sure. It's not a huge amount, but I was still surprised to see it up there.

in before Ducky starts saying: "What do you expect from a Vita game"

I mean, there's arguably worse games that have charted before, so personally I'm not surprised at all.

Ayato is the best DiaLover.

Also isnt it bigger than people say, has to be some reason it keeps getting events and stage plays.

Those are relatively low-cost events that have a dedicated fanbase return again and again. It still makes profit, so they'll keep doing them. There's plenty of anime/games that get stage plays and little events, after all.

Cornbread78

Ayato is the best DiaLover.

Also isnt it bigger than people say, has to be some reason it keeps getting events and stage plays.

I mean, there's arguably worse games that have charted before, so personally I'm not surprised at all.

Those are relatively low-cost events that have a dedicated fanbase return again and again. It still makes profit, so they'll keep doing them. There's plenty of anime/games that get stage plays and little events, after all.

I was shocked by this though:

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2017/02/13/2017-licensing-survey-results-and-some-hints-too/

lol

The ladies love their abusive relationships for sure.

I Saw The Devil

Korean revenge thrillers are their own breed. I don't think the script was good but it's a damn competently directed film. Haven't seen something this tense and uncomfortable in a while.

It's a real feel-bad movie and I need some anime SoL or Gintama to wash away the despair.

blurr

I Saw The Devil

Korean revenge thrillers are their own breed. I don't think the script was good but it's a damn competently directed film. Haven't seen something this tense and uncomfortable in a while.

It's a real feel-bad movie and I need some anime SoL or Gintama to wash away the despair.

I have a pretty long Korean movie list but I'm not nearly mentally prepared to watch any thriller out of them.

Syrinx

[B[Aikatsu! The Magic Aikatsu Card[/B]

This had fighting dinosaurs, a dragon, a flying cow, space bikes, and lightsabers. Does your favorite idol anime have these things? No? Then it can go suck biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig dick.

JulianImp

We're in a world were Fifty Shades of Grey was really successful, so I'm not all that surprised by something such as Diabolik Lovers being a thing, either.

Still, I wonder what people find interesting in abusive relationships. I mean, we've had such things played for comedy with tsundere characters already (which I don't particularily like either), but characters that dominate and abuse their "love interest" while the other party puts up with it (either gleefully or reluctantly) is something that really puts me off of those series.

It almost looks like the whole goal of those kind of relationships is S&M titillation, since such a thing requires the dominant character to be abusing the dominated one as a game, a way to show their love (which is twisted as hell, but could also lead to some character development if a work chose to address the issue), or the dominated party to actually be so in love that they put up with inhuman stuff for the sake of their loved one (that often doesn't give a damn about them anyway). I wouldn't be against seeing something that used that as a premise and then did interesting stuff with it, but "person A is dominated by person B over and over" just isn't my cup of tea.

The Vision of Escaflowne - 19

Okay, get this.

So the villain, who's also
Isaac Newton
by the way, has this machine that can alter fate. He sees that Van and Hitomi are super close and will most certainly fall in love.

But he can't let that happen otherwise the empire won't have its: "ideal future".

So what does he do? He uses the machine to PHYSICALLY ENGINEER A SCENARIO WHERE
ALAN AND HITOMI
HOOK UP. The whole scene is so baffling to watch and yet it's so amazing at the same time.

I imagine this is the exact same machine that made Subaru choose Emilia over Rem in Re:Zero.

IT'S LITERALLY "I LOVE EMILIA" THE MACHINE.

So remember folks! If you're still pissed about Subaru's dick move in Re:Zero episode 18, remember that it's not his fault! It's
Isaac Newton's
fault. He did it.

It's the only logical explanation for how that scene went down.

I have a pretty long Korean movie list but I'm not nearly mentally prepared to watch any thriller out of them.

I saw the Devil was borderline for me. There are better ones out there like the Vengeance trilogy which are better written and a bit less gratuitous on violence and such. I was quickly considering dropping this one if it became too explicit in its violence, especially torture but fortunately it was more reserved in that regard than I feared. Still, I#d never recommend anyone squeamish to watch this. 141mins of high tension takes its toll.

blurr

Kemono Friends 05-06

Burst out laughing during the Shoebill scene.

How does this show manage to have so much innocent fun. Really liked episode 6.

The trivia bits in between each episodes are weird - It makes more sense to show the actual animal as opposed to the CG animal girl considering it is placed in a real environment(not a CG one). I wonder if the narrators even realize what they say will end up in because I'm puzzled when I hear a lot of background noise when they're speaking, I out right heard the noise of someone adjusting/leaning on their chair while talking. Under what conditions did they record them?

TheChaos0

The Vision of Escaflowne - 19

Okay, get this.

So the villain, who's also
Isaac Newton
by the way, has this machine that can alter fate. He sees that Van and Hitomi are super close and will most certainly fall in love.

But he can't let that happen otherwise the empire won't have its: "ideal future".

So what does he do? He uses the machine to PHYSICALLY ENGINEER A SCENARIO WHERE
ALAN AND HITOMI
HOOK UP. The whole scene is so baffling to watch and yet it's so amazing at the same time.

I imagine this is the exact same machine that made Subaru choose Emilia over Rem in Re:Zero.

IT'S LITERALLY "I LOVE EMILIA" THE MACHINE.

So remember folks! If you're still pissed about Subaru's dick move in Re:Zero episode 18, remember that it's not his fault! It's
Isaac Newton's
fault. He did it.

It's the only logical explanation for how that scene went down.

Oh my, lol. I never thought of it this way. All bad ships are
Isaac Newton
's fault! We have finally found someone to truly blame.

Is there a particular reason Kemono Friends is blowing up? It looks like a bunch of nothing.

It blew up on Japanese twitter and resulted in a thousand memes a day

Like you know how there's that one show that dominates 90% of the Pixiv and Nico-Nico community like Yuri on Ice last season? That's now...Kemono Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom