• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm surprised your chairs are facing. It must be awkward if you make eye contact. I also don't see any tissues...

There are a lot of artistic merits to ero - it's not just about the exercise, you know. There are plenty of topics to discuss and the night is still young.

Nafe

That's why you have an auto refresher and just leave the last page active. Then you can go do something else and just glance every so often to see if the last post is of interest

Yeah, but in my case I'm often away from the computer for hours so I can't really do that. Right now different things might come up too so that's why my posting habits might seem a bit weird to some people,the way I'll be posting and then all of a sudden gone for hours.

Thanks! I am at work, and then it's the office Christmas party this evening. It's going to be very exciting. Although one of my birthday cards does say おめでとう on it, maybe it's just a prelude to Instrumentality...

Sounds good. Except for the instrumentality part maybe... Anyway, hope you had fun.

Happy Birthday!
Man, nice we have Nafe to remind us (when is yours, by the way?)!

Haha, it's a secret. ;p
Not for a while yet...

I like to think that I am a better person through association with AnimeGAF.

I like AnimeGaf for the news and staff/production details it provides as well as the varied impressions from the more analytical to the more amusing and just for fun.

I'm not as happy about being more aware of NTR and rice bowl mouths though... :(

I recently read your first Toradora impressions, in one of the threads Nafe was digging up.
It should be the duty of the AnimeGAF-historian to compile such important posts.

Haha, you want me to catalog all of jman's Toradora impressions for future generations? I don't know if I'll get around to that but do you remember which season you were reading as a start for that?

If it counts, I thought Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon was pretty good, and quite different from the norm. I actually liked him more than the rest of the cast.

But yeah, they are pretty much always annoying

Not really adding anything to the conversation with this response but... KOS-MOS! <3

Swept away like Kagome down a well.

That's it.

It begins tonight.

No going back.

Haha, alright, what's the deal with Mad Pierrot and Inuyasha again? Is Inuyasha to Mad Pierrot as SAO is to firehawk? or is it you secretly really like it and don't want people to find out, thinking they'll think poorly of you for doing so or something?

I really liked this episode.
And Azusa was added into the OP when she joined the club. The music is actually altered too, to reflect the addition of having a rhythm guitar part.

Haha, is there an episode you don't?

jgminto

There are a lot of artistic merits to ero - it's not just about the exercise, you know. There are plenty of topics to discuss and the night is still young.

Hmm, I never considered the academic potential. I'm surprised though, I thought you guys would have matching dakimakura. You don't whip those out when you're discussing the latest ero over brandy and cigars?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A quick speed paint. They make a perfect crossover pair, eh? ^^;

Trucy_Tamako_small_zps32bd2da5.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hmm, I never considered the academic potential. I'm surprised though, I thought you guys would have matching dakimakura. You don't whip those out when you're discussing the latest ero over brandy and cigars?

My wife won't let me have one! This is one area where I have to be willing to concede...

Relationships are about compromise, or something. I think.

A quick speed paint. They make a perfect crossover pair, eh? ^^;

Ace Attorney art?! Hell yeah they do!!! :D

Theonik

Thanks! ^_^

It is, but this was a speed paint so I'm not that upset. I spent about 2 hours total. I usually spend weeks working on stuff. XD

Et tu, kayos? ;_; ;P It's okay, it's not that great. ^^;
It looks pretty decent for speedpainting. Really like it, nice idea too.

Joule

It doesnt matterrrrrrrrr. Let us celebrate!!!!

4cjRi.gif

Just finished watching the OVA episode. Great stuff. I'd really like to see more of this series though it likely won't get any more cours. It isn't often that these fluffy light hearted 4koma manga adapations do that much for me but when they do, they really do.

Jintor

The trick I find is to be satisfied with the linework and the sketch; if you push ahead on the assumption that colour will make it look better, you generally just end up with something kind of meh

RurouniZel

You have a very distinct style when you use paint. I like it. :)

Thanks. I am curious, what distinguishes it? Just looking for feedback.

It looks pretty decent for speedpainting. Really like it, nice idea too.

Domo! ^^;

The trick I find is to be satisfied with the linework and the sketch; if you push ahead on the assumption that colour will make it look better, you generally just end up with something kind of meh

This is true. Ideally if I didn't have so many other pieces I need to get back to working on I'd have taken the time to really make this one nicer, better lines/colors etc.

Whats a speedpaint?
Did you sketch it first or?

A speed sketch/paint (which this is) is when the artist tries to do a piece as fast as they possibly can. Quality is obviously lost, but the point is to see what you can churn out as fast as possible.

Syrinx

Thanks. I am curious, what distinguishes it? Just looking for feedback.

I'm...not much of an art aficionado to say the least, but...I suppose your MS Art drawings just look very, I guess, clean. Though I suppose this may be a facet of making it on Art instead of manually drawing it. Whatevs, the point is I like it.

Defuser

Tamako Market ep 1
The bird is a douche. Poor Mochizou forever friendzone. Kyoani play it safe for this episode but it's lacking something, in fact I still don't know what the premise is all about, what is the plot?

Other than that Tamako is hnnnngh.

OceanBlue

Tamako Market ep 1
The bird is a douche. Poor Mochizou forever friendzone. Kyoani play it safe for this episode but it's lacking something, in fact I still don't know what the premise is all about, what is the plot?

Other than that Tamako is hnnnngh.

Plot? Hahaha, don't be silly.

It'll probably have to do with the market throwing Tamako a big party to make up for the missed birthdays. At least, if the interviews are anything to go by.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Plot? Hahaha, don't be silly.

It'll probably have to do with the market throwing Tamako a big party to make up for the missed birthdays. At least, if the interviews are anything to go by.
It will obviously be about the bird trying to hook up Tamako with that dude from the other side of the world while Mochiwhatever watches and feels the NTR to his bone. Anime of the Year.

RurouniZel

I'm...not much of an art aficionado to say the least, but...I suppose your MS Art drawings just look very, I guess, clean. Though I suppose this may be a facet of making it on Art instead of manually drawing it. Whatevs, the point is I like it.

Thanks! ^^ And again, this was a speed paint so I know aspects of the drawing are a bit off, but I liked the concept enough to roll with it since they're both incredibly genki and upbeat girls with top hats! :D

Defuser

It will obviously be about the bird trying to hook up Tamako with that dude from the other side of the world while Mochiwhatever watches and feels the NTR to his bone. Anime of the Year.
J5uNX.png

Look at dat presents he supposed to give every year which could have a potential of wooing. But noooooooo, he lost it all to a talking bird and his tanned prince.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Haha, alright, what's the deal with Mad Pierrot and Inuyasha again? Is Inuyasha to Mad Pierrot as SAO is to firehawk? or is it you secretly really like it and don't want people to find out, thinking they'll think poorly of you for doing so or something?

Actually, I'm animegaf's sole Inuyasha defender and Narag has been using this to try to get into a 200-episode simulwatch suicide pact with me. I've turned him down for months because he knows not what he's getting himself into, but now, I think, the time for saving him from himself is over.

trejo

Tamako Market 1

Everyone who is familiar with the studio behind this knows pretty much what to expect at this point regarding the visual presentation of their shows so I won't bother going into detail in that aspect. The show looks stellar. This is no surprise. However, as has been the case for a while now, I'm left unimpressed by the actual content that I'm being presented with. I'm willing to attribute it to the fact that this is only the first episode but not a single one of the characters shown thus far left any sort of impression on me. It's like they are all delivering their rehearsed lines and following their predetermined beats on the script without much in the way of any actual personality save for, perhaps, the bird. The well-oiled moe machine is working in tip top shape here, churning out a product that feels refined and manufactured for the easiest possible consumption. This stuff sells and KyoAni has become an expert at packaging it in the most alluringly pulchritudinous wrapping possible in order to better attract the attention (and money) of the masses.

So in conclusion, pretty but dull really is the most apt description for this show. It is also pretty much the definition of KyoAni's output nowadays.

Also, also, I was presented with way too much bird butthole for my liking.

And as an extra aside I have to say, regardless of what my own views are, I'm finding some of these impressions that go to the tune of "this is a KyoAni show so of course I'm obligated to like it they can do no wrong 10/10" to be not very conducive to any actual meaningful discussion not to mention they come off as a tad sycophantic. But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe they're not actually being serious, I dunno.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Look at dat presents he supposed to give every year which could have a potential of wooing. But noooooooo, he lost it all to a talking bird and his tanned prince.
The doujinshi write themselves, really.
Tamako Market 1

And as an extra aside I have to say, regardless of what my own views are, I'm finding some of these impressions that go to the tune of "this is a KyoAni show so of course I'm obligated to like it they can do no wrong 10/10" to be not very conducive to any actual meaningful discussion not to mention they come off as a tad sycophantic. But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe they're not actually being serious, I dunno.
Cold Burn.

Mature

Actually, I'm animegaf's sole Inuyasha defender and Narag has been using this to try to get into a 200-episode simulwatch suicide pact with me. I've turned him down for months because he knows not what he's getting himself into, but now, I think, the time for saving him from himself is over.
Allow me to assist you in jolly co-operation. I love nearly all things Rumiko.

jman2050

Tamako Market 1

I imagine there's some facetiousness going on here. Still though, I don't think it's bad if one gives a show the benefit of the doubt even despite what may appear to be a lackluster first episode if they deem it worthy.

cajunator

Banned

I did buy 54 episodes of Inuyasha.
3-4 episodes per disc and 30 bucks a pop.
Do the math XD
Of course, i was in it for Sango.
Isnt she a cutie?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Allow me to assist you in jolly co-operation. I love nearly all things Rumiko.

So do many people but that same "nearly" is usually there to exclude Inuyasha!

I'm sorry. I was just... I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry...

kayos, we still love you, wild young buck that you are. In time, we'll lovingly get you saddle-broken.

RurouniZel

I think we are adult enough to handle some heavy criticism.

Needs more criticism than just DAYUM

but I figure Zel knew already what was wrong with his pic. You're your own worst critic. Well... generally speaking

Yeah, I tend to be hard on myself, but it's necessary. I do these speed paintings on occasion when I have a cute idea because speed paints can really tell you a lot about yourself as an artist. When you work at that speed you don't have time to think, just to paint. And when you do so, it takes your strengths and weaknesses and amplifies them so you can't ignore them.

Like, how Trucy's head is too small. It brings to my attention once again that I still have problems with drawing objects/people etc. with consistent proportions. That tells me I still have a lot of work to do on that front. On the other hand, her hair is okay, and I feel fairly confident in saying that hair is one of my strengths (though again, lots of room to improve).

In general, my overall takeaway is that I'm okay with color (again, still need to get better), but I really need to improve my drawing ability so that I can draw fast and with quality and confidence. At the moment I can only draw well when I take it super slow and often with photo reference in hand.

I'm sorry. I was just... I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry...

No worries. You're blunt, but that's who you are. If I had spent weeks on this piece however I might have been readying a noose. ;P (no I wouldn't have).

I know, hes a chill guy.
Plus a Saints fan in the middle of Patriotsville. He is nakama.

It's difficult to be sure, esp. this year. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom