• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, that is some hilarious bullsheet. I played TBAH, wasn't even seriously attempting to complete it, just get the HP of the rounds as far as I could get.

I get all the way to Odin, only to die at 25% when he killed both pretty quickly with just a bunch of simple hits after reviving from Zanktussen. Clock said 30:40.

I do not have the Gomwhateverthehellitscalled.

Oh, if you are wondering about the HP...

titan 71,703
ogre raider 81,947
phoenix 75,118
Sea Dragon 58,046
kjata 136,578
Jabberwock 61,140
alexander 61,140
king zu 78,532
bahamut arisen 146,821
odin 126,335

skit_data

Gold Member
Really enjoying the game so far, possibly a GOTY but...

What the hell have they done to the music?! Most pieces I recognize but they have completely slaughtered many of them. It's hard to listen to at times tbh.

So... Rulers.

Even though I have managed to get to the end without using the Yuffie Cheese, I started using it. Both attempts ended on the final round when Barrier ended before they got Octoslash'd and I wasn't able to reset the party in time.

Go_Ly_Dow

Me everyday waiting for the announcement of the final game.
Lisa Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

See I think the game is going to be scaled back. The sub will probally just be a portal to a dungeon or two and the Highwind will probally just be used in a similar fashion as the Tiny Bronco is in Part 2.

Go_Ly_Dow

See I think the game is going to be scaled back. The sub will probally just be a portal to a dungeon or two and the Highwind will probally just be used in a similar fashion as the Tiny Bronco is in Part 2.
I don't think so as the devs already commented on the highwind. They also have a fantastic base from Rebirth which was bigger than most people expected.

The final part in one sense is like developing one huge expansion. A massive one none the less but given they don't really have to build anything substantially new for it and just use the same development tools and expand upon the assets to create the remainder of the game world, I think it will have a very smooth and efficient development.

Last edited:
Still thinking about this game months after platinuming and uninstalling

I haven't had the heart to uninstall it despite having no plans to replay any time soon, and how much space it takes up.

Finally getting back to this. Left the game hanging for more than a month.

Chapter 12 - A Golden Key here we go.

Hell yeah, great last chunk of the game to play through after a break. Good logical stopping point to return to.

Figure the budget will be cut because of the mediocre sales.
Yeah... it's frustrating that they finally figured out how to bring ps1 final fantasy into the HD era and its gate keeped behind a linear prequel🤦‍♂️....and I like Remake!

The silver lining in this is at least Rebirth was very efficiently developed. It was probably cheap compared to other AAA games.

I think Square are too far along to start cutting corners. They've built up some good will with this project which they haven't had in a while it would be foolish to dash that now.

Rebuilding trust can take a while. Resident Evil 7 wasn't a huge hit out the gate but it had good legs and established trust in the brand again.

I'm hoping Rebirth does a similar job for Final Fantasy.

Go_Ly_Dow

Figure the budget will be cut because of the mediocre sales.
Since Rebirth S-E has pledged higher budgets for their AAA games. This is from their initiative of developing less games whilst increasing the quality of the games they do make to boost their appeal and reception.

Also the final game was always going to be the cheapest one to make because they can take so much from the previous two games.

I think they know if they can make the final game match or exceed Rebirth then naturally once all 3 games many who have yet to play them will pick them up.

Also the final game was always going to be the cheapest one to make because they can take so much from the previous two games.

Yeah. What stuck me was that Square sure sounded like they had greenlit Part 3 without even seeing Part 2's sales... and that almost has to be why.

A large chunk of the remaining story takes place in areas already covered. Like if they really wanted to, they could reduce the scope to something that largely amounts to an ultra linear DLC... with any open world part straight up copied from Rebirth with maybe some minor tweaks.

Madflavor

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that Part 3's budget and and content could be scaled back, I think it's still likely the team will be allowed to do what they want to do, and finish the Remake Trilogy without compromise. Yeah, it's fucking crazy Rebirth sold as mediocre as it did, and super unfortunate, It deserved huge success. But what I'm guessing is that they're hoping lifelong sales of the Remake Trilogy will be good enough to justify the budget. Part 3 will likely be a PS5/PS6 game, and they'll push the Trilogy Bundle as well. Inevitably there will be PC ports, and perhaps on the Switch 2 with their recent interest in Nintendo.

SantaC

The best thing about this game was the arena challenges. It has some of the most nail-biting battles i ever played.

Rulers of the outside world, the legend battles with sephiroth and Zack.

Go_Ly_Dow

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that Part 3's budget and and content could be scaled back, I think it's still likely the team will be allowed to do what they want to do, and finish the Remake Trilogy without compromise. Yeah, it's fucking crazy Rebirth sold as mediocre as it did, and super unfortunate, It deserved huge success. But what I'm guessing is that they're hoping lifelong sales of the Remake Trilogy will be good enough to justify the budget. Part 3 will likely be a PS5/PS6 game, and they'll push the Trilogy Bundle as well. Inevitably there will be PC ports, and perhaps on the Switch 2 with their recent interest in Nintendo.
My thoughts too.

Talk of Part 3 including a 'revamped' version of Queens Blood.

Interestingly there is no trophy associated with completing Queens Blood in Part 2 (unless I missed it), although there is for winning the Chapter 5 tournament which the completion % is pretty high (62% versus 72% for completing the chapter)

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Talk of Part 3 including a 'revamped' version of Queens Blood.

Interestingly there is no trophy associated with completing Queens Blood in Part 2 (unless I missed it), although there is for winning the Chapter 5 tournament which the completion % is pretty high (62% versus 72% for completing the chapter)

Talk of part 3 without an announcement causes me pain.

Go_Ly_Dow

This orchestral album brings the beloved music of the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth to life in a way never before heard. Featuring iconic themes and melodies from the game, this CD is a love letter to all fans and aloving tribute to the timeless magic of Final Fantasy's legendary compositions. Enjoy the newly arranged pieces performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Hirofumi Kurita!

A total of 10 songs will be included, amongst them "FFVII Main Theme Battle Edit", "Starry Canyon - Cosmo Canyon -", and "Welcome to the Gold Saucer".

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Go_Ly_Dow

There was some stage presentation yesterday with game director Hamaguchi and Kitase in which they mentioned the Highwind and Snowboarding for part 3. He also said the story is completely mapped out and they've looked at feedback across both Remake and Rebirth for the final game.

He expects part 3 will exceed all the fan expectations. - bold statement.

Perhaps they going to make the entire world accessible and implement the sumbarine in a big way too. :eek:

Then there's going to space, returning to Midgar, the Weapon battles and the climax!

Give It To Me Want GIF by CBS

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Square overestimated the demand of an FFVII remake. And especially one thats being spread out over 3 full priced games. A good chunk of players noped out after Remake. Others will nope out after Rebirth. Part 3 will likely sell even worse.

And I think its kind of rightfully so. Overall there isn't much that kept me engaged beyond finishing the games. The story is whatever, the traversal is mediocre and its just too bloated. I wonder if it was a good idea to bloat areas like Gongaga like they did, even having to run the same dungeon twice for a shitty twist. I ended up only liking the Grasslands and Nibelheim. The rest could've been trimmed down.

There are some things I like in the remakes, but to be honest I prefer the original. I'd much rather play a Star Ocean 2'd version of FFVII. It would've been one game, and a glorious one at that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Have they had anymore updates for how the game runs/looks?

On launch I was pretty set that graphics mode is the only way to play this. Any 40fps mode added?

Square overestimated the demand of an FFVII remake.

Part 1 sold OK. Now they likely wasted their time with the PC version but sales were good enough on PS. It's possible that Part 2 sells decently on Switch 2 but waiting until then seems foolish if they were going to make any budget decisions based upon how well it sells on Switch 2.

Part 3 will likely sell even worse.

This is true. Which is why I am a little surprised they aren't just plowing forward and treating Part 3 like an extended DLC.

On launch I was pretty set that graphics mode is the only way to play this. Any 40fps mode added?

I think it's pretty much been bug fixes only since the Day 1 patch.

SkylineRKR

No I think not. And its kind of a shame because the much maligned Forspoken actually had a 40fps mode and feels much better than both Rebirth and XVI.

Kumomeme

I think Rebirth's world design is perfect for the series going forward.
Rebirth can be their blueprint for future onward. they finally manage to cram tons of content in the open world in merely around 4 years. 5 years ago they will claim this could take 10 years of work lol.

Go_Ly_Dow

Definitely weird that they are talking about Part 3 so soon after Part 2's release.
Not weird. Pre production would have finished in 2022 or 2023. They're well into development now I'd say.
This is true. Which is why I am a little surprised they aren't just plowing forward and treating Part 3 like an extended DLC.
I'm not surprised. Sure as things stand Rebirth's sales might be something like 3.5mil and only at around 4mil at the end of the year but I'd guess with the exclusivity deal they're probably breaking even or making some profit.

Then they've got the PC version to come along with possibly Switch 2 for Remake and Rebirth.

Rebirths reception will make people pick up Remake, as it's a incredibly well received game, 150 metacritic reviews, 92 score, and 8.9-9/10 user score. It will likely pick up a fair few GOTY awards. When the final game is announced with a super duper trailer those who haven't played them yet will also check them out as it's a great time to dive in without having to wait for each entry. I have friends who say they will check them out when all are released for example.

So overall point being when the FF7 games are on more platforms and they are all out with great reception for each one, you'll see sales over a longer period. A bundle with all 3 on PS6 would also sell great.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. Sure as things stand Rebirth's sales might be something like 3.5mil and only at around 4mil at the end of the year but I'd guess with the exclusivity deal they're probably breaking even or making some profit.

I doubt it's anywhere near 3.5 mill. I think the rumor (?) was 2.5 mill... and given how extremely front loaded sales are, they probably haven't sold much past that initial wave.

Go_Ly_Dow

I doubt it's anywhere near 3.5 mill. I think the rumor (?) was 2.5 mill... and given how extremely front loaded sales are, they probably haven't sold much past that initial wave.

Dragons Dogma 2 had sold just over 3mil end of May - across Playstation, Xbox and PC.

Compared to DD2 that fell of the charts at about 82k units sold in Japan at the end of April. Rebirth fell of the charts with about 350k. Digitals sales hard to guess but attach rates may be similar maybe around 30% give or take.

Come the end of May 2024 US sales had DD2 as the 3rd best selling game, Rebirth at 5th.

In Europe I remember the sales being aligned going by an analsyt comment I saw. So I think factoring it all in it was probably at a similar sales metric as DD2 around the end of May as we can compare the 3 biggest gaming markets.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

I've been suspending chapter 12 by a long time, because I didn't want my date at Gold Saucer to be Nanaki. After completing a bunch of quests and leaving Tifa with one more quest done, I was finally able to trigger her date sequence.

Hot damn, I was not prepared for that Loveless sequence. Was expecting more emphasis on Jessie and a much smaller and brief scene.

What they did with it blown me away, yet again.

This game is so fucking special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom