• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Go_Ly_Dow

I've been suspending chapter 14 by a long time, because I didn't want my date at Gold Saucer to be Nanaki. After completing a bunch of quests and leaving Tifa with one more quest done, I was finally able to trigger her date sequence.

Hot damn, I was not prepared for that Loveless sequence. Was expecting more emphasis on Jessie and a much smaller and brief scene.

What they did with it blown me away, yet again.

This game is so fucking special.
The music and scenes across that segment and throughout the Gold Saucer date sequence is all beautiful!

Nankatsu

The music and scenes across that segment and throughout the Gold Saucer date sequence is all beautiful!

Yes it is! Aerith's singing sequence is damn beautiful, specially considering what is most likely to happen by the end of the game (don't know if they'll change her fate or not)

And the Gondola ride with Tifa ended up being pretty funny and well executed.

When Cloud pulls her and hugs her instead of kissing, ahah.

SCB3

Thought I'd go back and Plat the game after a long break, I think this my be my GotY so figured why not, only have a few things to do and the Hard mode playthrough once i hit level 70

My god Gongaga, as beautiful as it may may, is one of the most frustrating places to get around in any game , the entire SW part of the pat is unused for the main game and its such a pain to get to all the things down there

SunnySideGuy

Neo Member
LTTP with this game but does anyone else have an issue with the look of this game? Regardless of performance mode, this game is EXTREMELY blurry on my LG oled. I've messed with sharpening settings for my monitor, tried all the different graphics modes, etc. and I can't find a solution to this. Like, it looks really bad. Just curious if others have noticed this as well and did you just play regardless or find a solution?

Go_Ly_Dow

Yes it is! Aerith's singing sequence is damn beautiful, specially considering what is most likely to happen by the end of the game (don't know if they'll change her fate or not)

And the Gondola ride with Tifa ended up being pretty funny and well executed.

When Cloud pulls her and hugs her instead of kissing, ahah.

I still can't believe the quality in cutscene direction and cinematography in Rebirth, it just gets better and better all the way through!

Thought I'd go back and Plat the game after a long break, I think this my be my GotY so figured why not, only have a few things to do and the Hard mode playthrough once i hit level 70

My god Gongaga, as beautiful as it may may, is one of the most frustrating places to get around in any game , the entire SW part of the pat is unused for the main game and its such a pain to get to all the things down there

I enjoyed Gongaga because it felt like one of those few forests in games where you can actually get lost.

LTTP with this game but does anyone else have an issue with the look of this game? Regardless of performance mode, this game is EXTREMELY blurry on my LG oled. I've messed with sharpening settings for my monitor, tried all the different graphics modes, etc. and I can't find a solution to this. Like, it looks really bad. Just curious if others have noticed this as well and did you just play regardless or find a solution?

That's weird, performance mode is definitely blurry but the quality mode looks sharp on my LG OLED and rendered natively from 1800p-2160p throughout from memory at a very good 30fps.

Have you calibrated your TV and which picture mode are you using? (also what LG model?)

SCB3

I enjoyed Gongaga because it felt like one of those few forests in games where you can actually get lost.
I mean yea, I do like the area but its mainly the Map that makes it seem like "hey follow this road and you can get there" but then you do and the actual route to get there is miles away through some jump mushrooms, weirder still its only this part of the Map that has this design

Nankatsu

The final stage of the queens blood match... I confess, had to youtube the deck. I tried by my own but was constantly getting my ass kicked.

Where's my mobile Queens Blood, Square Enix?

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Also the Metal Chocobo cover on the Party animal sidequest is so fucking good and out of nowhere:

Last edited:

Nankatsu

I stumbled upon Gilgamesh island thinking it was another normal sidequest, just to find out its the games post ending content.

Battling 2 summons at the same time?

This Is Fine GIF

I thought the game's max level was 50, like the first one, but apparently is 70. Makes sense I got my ass kicked :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Is/has anybody else played the game in classic mode? I find it to be a lot more chilled as an experience overall, and it’s easier to manage the companions in battle.

I’m currently flipping between this and Astrobot atm and having a thoroughly good gaming time.

Euler007

Took a break after beating the brutal VR challenges, Queen's blood and all the mini games. Just started my hard mode playthrough and going back to just enjoying the game in graphics mode without sweating the whole way is so relaxing. One of the best RPGs of all time, fantastic VA work.

Go_Ly_Dow

Took a break after beating the brutal VR challenges, Queen's blood and all the mini games. Just started my hard mode playthrough and going back to just enjoying the game in graphics mode without sweating the whole way is so relaxing. One of the best RPGs of all time, fantastic VA work.

Yup my dream game became reality which now only the final game can top.

I listen to the soundtrack most days whilst working.

No spoilers, I think I'm near end game. I just finished
the ferris wheel date and I have to chase after Shinra.

If I finish the main story, can I go back and complete all the sidequests I didn't finish yet or is there some things I'm supposed to do that are missable?

NeoLed

If I finish the main story, can I go back and complete all the sidequests I didn't finish yet or is there some things I'm supposed to do that are missable?
Yes, you can "time travel" to earlier chapter and do the sidequests

After playing through this to nearly the end I uninstalled it, and watched the rest of the story on YouTube, and then replayed the original FF7 to scrub the remake project from my brain.

I personally think the Remake project (rebirth in particular) is terrible and whoever they made it for, it wasn't me.
I could create laundry list of the stupid and inane changes that were made to the story and the characters but needless to say, I won’t be buying the next entry. I feel like an idiot for spending $70 on this game, especially after Remake, but I had hoped that Rebirth would somehow be good. The battle system is the only thing that’s worthwhile in this game, everything else is beyond dumb.

I wanted to list specific complaints but don’t want to spoil anything for the people who do care, and I can’t seem to get the spoiler tag to work here, so in its place I will leave this video which spoke to me on multiple levels.

I will watch the story of FF7 part 3 on YouTube just to see the disaster that it will be and what they do to the remains of the mangled corpse of what was FF7.

SunnySideGuy

Neo Member
I still can't believe the quality in cutscene direction and cinematography in Rebirth, it just gets better and better all the way through!

That's weird, performance mode is definitely blurry but the quality mode looks sharp on my LG OLED and rendered natively from 1800p-2160p throughout from memory at a very good 30fps.

Have you calibrated your TV and which picture mode are you using? (also what LG model?)

Yeah it's super weird. I've read other reddit posts sharing the same issues, but my brother didn't experience this at all on his C3. I have this monitor as well but pretty much all default settings - https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gs95ue-b-gaming-monitor

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah it's super weird. I've read other reddit posts sharing the same issues, but my brother didn't experience this at all on his C3. I have this monitor as well but pretty much all default settings - https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gs95ue-b-gaming-monitor
It's worth playing around with different calibration as it makes a pretty big difference!

I have a C9 and I know the newer models have more 'AI' picture settings that many recommend turning off, so perhaps it's one of these things affecting you.

Nankatsu

Man the trials section at the temple.

Struck of genius, specially aerith's.

I felt gutted as fuck when they make you try to interact with NPCs to help her mom and nobody gives a fuck. One thing is knowing what happened, another is to experience it first hand.

Like the first one, you get the ability to Chapter Select after completing the Main Story.

Note that any partially completed side quests are reset.

Kumomeme

Man the trials section at the temple.

Struck of genius, specially aerith's.

I felt gutted as fuck when they make you try to interact with NPCs to help her mom and nobody gives a fuck. One thing is knowing what happened, another is to experience it first hand.
that Aerith theme played during that section :

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I just finished Junon side quests.

I googled and saw there is 7 main regions with quests.

Is there a list of “definitely do these” and ignore the fluff? I plan to do the Gilgamesh quests, and the ones that let you juice up the new summon for the area.

Anything else a must? The dolphin mini game made me question my life choices.

Top Bottom