• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Another article which this time claims the third Madoka Magica movie will be in theaters in Autumn.
The April issue of Nikkei Entertainment! magazine reported on Monday that Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story, the third Puella Magi Madoka Magica film, will open in Japan this fall.

Quasar

Oreshura #9

Well. I wondered when we'd be seeing a girl with this kind of relationship with poor Eita. Now bout the only thing left is a non blood sibling with a crush.

A Certain Magical Index - finished season two. Want more as I feel I did not get enough Touma/Mikoto interaction. Where did season two finish in terms of the novels?

Kurita

Oh god I didn't ask for this, a new shittyshounen king is born,if you thought omega was bad you ain't seen nothing.

This is the price we pay for jojo.

If you like moe girls or if your a hipster who wants a hip alternative to popular shounen then your going to like it.

The manga is not that bad.
Well it's not great either. (and it's a seinen not a shounen)

Articalys

Academia looks good.

Anyone know the approximate time delay between the theater premier and disc release and/or TV showings for the Anime Mirai films last year?

cajunator

Banned
So I just saw some stuff from the Fate/Zero manga about Ryunosuke's lair.

I now understand why there were a bunch of black bars. I still think they should have animated it but then there would have been no way in hell that would have been aired on television.

yeah it was a little disturbing.

Wait? Do the rudeboys in America not use this term? They at least use bredren right?

Thank you for your compliment.

oh you lovely lovely brit <3

Lain

Chihayafuru S2 ep2-8

Did I get it right that Shinobu and Arata are
relatives?
Sumire hasn't been a bad addiction to the cast so far (nor weird-face-kun) but the old cast is still better.
Episode 7 cements that if Chihaya ever wanted to cheat on Karuta for a puny human being, it'd be Kana.
Despite some :wonzo moments, this second season is shaping up to be just as great as the first one.

Westlo

Please purchase Crimson Labyrinth (Mr Kishi’s other novel) or repost/like this post to let him know there is an audience for the title. Ideally we’d need 4.5K to make this work. Oh and one more thing. US, UK and Canada only. We don’t sell novels to the EU.

triple-h-angry.gif

Jintor

Blood-C : 1

Why do I have this impending sense of doom about this entire series? Those twins are creeeeeeeeeeepy as shit. The dissonance between slice of life and almost horror action sequences is terrifying, and, I think, intentional. Like... there's this weird empty feeling about everything going on aside from the horror-esque stuff. Everything. I fully expect some kind of Truman show twist near the middle if I decide to keep watching, and I probably won't.

Christ, some of this looks alright, others sure as hell do not. Character proportions are fuuuuuuucked

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wolf Children:

Good, but I think I was expecting more.

cajunator

Banned
Blood-C : 1

Why do I have this impending sense of doom about this entire series? Those twins are creeeeeeeeeeepy as shit. The dissonance between slice of life and almost horror action sequences is terrifying, and, I think, intentional. Like... there's this weird empty feeling about everything going on aside from the horror-esque stuff. Everything. I fully expect some kind of Truman show twist near the middle if I decide to keep watching, and I probably won't.

Christ, some of this looks alright, others sure as hell do not. Character proportions are fuuuuuuucked

isn't her singing so moe?

Defuser

Oreshura #9

Well. I wondered when we'd be seeing a girl with this kind of relationship with poor Eita. Now bout the only thing left is a non blood sibling with a crush.

A Certain Magical Index - finished season two. Want more as I feel I did not get enough Touma/Mikoto interaction. Where did season two finish in terms of the novels?

It finished at the Side Story 1 novel which is after vol 13. There are 14 novels left which is good enough for at least 2 more seasons.

zeroshiki

I wasn't expecting what was, from my point of view, basically a slice of life movie.

I was joking :p You can not enjoy it, its not a crime
yet

And of course it was slice of life. Were you expecting Ame to turn out to be the Wolf Prince who was prophesied to lead his brethren against the evil Deer army?

Haly

I was joking :p You can not enjoy it, its not a crime
yet

And of course it was slice of life. Were you expecting Ame to turn out to be the Wolf Prince who was prophesied to lead his brethren against the evil Deer army?

No, I was expecting a typical narrative triangle but I got what was more or less a gentle incline.

I tend to judge a lot of works by how well they can stir up my emotions and so Wolf Children left me feeling a bit confused and unfulfilled, considering how hyped I was and all the "FEELS FEELS FEELS" reviews.

I'm pretty sensitive to feels, hell, I can tear up just thinking about the Mufasa scene, and I didn't get a lot of feels here.
Needs space babies.

If only my standards consisted of space babies and cherry blossoms, I'd enjoy movies a lot more.

zeroshiki

No, I was expecting a typical narrative triangle but I got what was more or less a gentle incline.

I tend to judge a lot of works by how well they can stir up my emotions and so Wolf Children left me feeling a bit confused and unfulfilled, considering how hyped I was and all the "FEELS FEELS FEELS" reviews.

I'm pretty sensitive to feels, hell, I can tear up just thinking about the Mufasa scene, and I didn't get a lot of feels here.

I thought there were plenty of feels in the movie. Off the top of my head,
-
Him dying
-
Ame leaving Hana
-
Final scene with Hana alone just looking at the driver's license

Haly

-
Him dying
Too soon, it was 20 minutes in, 20 minutes! That's as long as a regular anime episode for completely brand new characters.

Hell, just the story of Hana meeting Wolfman alone could've made for a great movie.
-
Ame leaving Hana
I was too busy being mad at Ame for endangering Hana because of his "I must go now, my people need me!" attitude.

-
Again, Wolfman didn't have enough screen time for this to have the effect it should.

fertygo

Expectation, how its work. - Hyouka (forgot the exact quote)

I'm about to watch it too, I blaming you guys if I didn't like it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I guess I should watch Wolf Children before it enters safe to talk about it without black bars territory.

Jintor

The King of Pigs

Jesus H. Christ this was one of the most disturbing things I've watched in the past year or so. And there wasn't even any supernatural shit in it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If only my standards consisted of space babies and cherry blossoms, I'd enjoy movies a lot more.

See man, you just need to open yourself up to stories that Freytag would frown at. Space baby hates triangles!

I thought there were plenty of feels in the movie. Off the top of my head,
-
Him dying
-
Ame leaving Hana
-
For better or for worse, Hosada really does restrain himself and forgoes the typical dramatic beats that you'd include in a family film like this to bring the waterworks.

I appreciate it, but I didn't get any "feels" either.

zeroshiki

For better or for worse, Hosada really does restrain himself and forgoes the typical dramatic beats that you'd include in a family film like this to bring the waterworks.

I appreciate it, but I didn't get any "feels" either.

I mentioned it in my impressions but I was all set for it to go "there" since pretty much all family dorama inevitably goes down the same well worn path. I was pleasantly surprised that Hosoda decided to skip it and chose to go where he did.

Still a lot of feels though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom