• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

It's just that, once you think of it, you can never stop imagining how much better GOSICK would be if the main character was a triceratops.

ibn8wOEmzfYRLu.jpg

I knew there was something worth getting up for this morning.

Mature

Like I said mature that's way past overwhelming. Doesn't it have like a crapload of episodes with no end in sight?
It absolutely does. 734 episodes have aired. Which is why I only recommend it to crazy people and mystery nuts. I don't actually expect anyone to pick it up, but it's fun to prod nonetheless.

Buddy Complex is more than 13 episodes? If true best news this morning. We need coupling to go to the next level.

Romance is kicking in, do you not watch the scenes with Dio and Aoba, and Dio defending Aoba at all costs and helping him out?

Theirs definitely no romance between Aoba and Dio trust me their just friends, Hina and Aoba on the other hand is a different story.

PK Gaming

It absolutely does. 734 episodes have aired. Which is why I only recommend it to crazy people and mystery nuts. I don't actually expect anyone to pick it up, but it's fun to prod nonetheless.

I watched about a 120~ episodes over the course of December. It's fun to watch since they generally cover a new case per episode (until the later half, anyway...).

Not something i'd recommend to finish, but if you're bother you might as well check it out.

Slap me silly and call me Simple Jack, that's a lot of episodes. I mean I'll add it to my list and eventually get to it.

Also from now on I'm going to start using dog and crows gifs for shit corvo says to me

Theirs definitely no romance between Aoba and Dio trust me their just friends, Hina and Aoba on the other hand is a different story.

DTL is a yaoi-lover, he'll pair any two guys if he has the scene to do so.

Taruranto

Aoba/Dio makes more sense than Aoba/Hina though. He meet her like what, 2 times? Meanwhile he has been coupling with Dio basically every episode!!

When has there been any action on that hina front, Hina is too busy off finding herself and Aoba just is trying to solve the mystery behind the two Hinas. If he didnt have any affections for Dio then he would have left off to go find her and such, but he didnt so he is canonically attached to Dio. Their high empathier level suggests that they have transcended being friends are are deeply involved and interacting with each other on several levels.

DiGiKerot

I just saw a Ringabel clone

How anything could be bad with it is a mystery to me. Can somebody mention if it turns bad for a specific reason? Or simply it isn't an AnimeGAF favorite?

It's cute enough. It doesn't really help that the series starts with a mystery of the sort that work with the kind of narrative sleight-of-hand you can do in a novel, but becomes immediately obvious in other mediums once you aren't relying entirely on the narration to visualize things. Some of the other arcs feel like they suffer the same issue to varying degrees, but given Tokyopop only got the first couple of novels out in English, I don't really have a point of comparison for those.

Really, though, the whole mystery aspect of the show never really delivers in the way it probably should. If you watch through the first arc and like the characters or setting, then fine, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the series - I managed to get through the whole thing anyway - but it's not something I'd necessarily look to if you are after an interesting detective procedural.

When has there been any action on that hina front, Hina is too busy off finding herself and Aoba just is trying to solve the mystery behind the two Hinas. If he didnt have any affections for Dio then he would have left off to go find her and such, but he didnt so he is canonically attached to Dio. Their high empathier level suggests that they have transcended being friends are are deeply involved and interacting with each other on several levels.

If you say that kind of thing then I guess you could ship Gon and Killua from Hunter X Hunter since their always involved together and interacting, but anyways Dio and Aoba don't make sense, they aren't compatible in a shipping together sense. So Hina all the way son.

It's cute enough. It doesn't really help that the series starts with a mystery of the sort that work with the kind of narrative sleight-of-hand you can do in a novel, but becomes immediately obvious in other mediums once you aren't relying entirely on the narration to visualize things. Some of the other arcs feel like they suffer the same issue to varying degrees, but given Tokyopop only got the first couple of novels out in English, I don't really have a point of comparison for those.

Really, though, the whole mystery aspect of the show never really delivers in the way it probably should. If you watch through the first arc and like the characters or setting, then fine, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the series - I managed to get through the whole thing anyway - but it's not something I'd necessarily look to if you are after an interesting detective procedural.

I'm enjoying the characters' interaction so far, so I'll keep watching. Also some lulz-worthy deaths. It's like Another found a Sherloli Holmes version.

This would make an amazing tag

I was hoping a mod would change it for him. Only he gets as insulted over people talking smack about KEY.

CorvoSol

If you say that kind of thing then I guess you could ship Gon and Killua from Hunter X Hunter since their always involved together and interacting, but anyways Dio and Aoba don't make sense, they aren't compatible in a shipping together sense. So Hina all the way son.

Dude, I think DTL actually might ship that ship.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Trick 12

Well that's a pretty good way to end the show. I was kind of expecting them to make out a little more though. Also, I remembered today why I always skipped the ending credits...
I'm as hard as a rock right now and am frantically searching for doujins that don't exist ;-;

The manga does however indeed exist.

Taruranto

I bet you were one of these horrible people who shipped Mari and Gotou together in Samumenco!

I'm pretty sure I had something close to Raku's reaction when
the key breaking
happened in the manga.

Has the plot in the manga moved beyond this yet?
Last thing I read was that it was fixed and something about Chitoge's eyes were brown when she was little but I can't remember if they've actually mentioned the locket since

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 5

So the episode pretty much confirms that Ryoko isn't evil. I suppose that havoc she caused on Earth was due to being Kagato's puppet. Also turns out she's been watching Tenchi since he was a wee lad, so she is, in fact, rather fond of him.

Grandpa being the dude from the legend and Ayeka's brother wasn't that surprising. I had considered it, but his age threw me off. So Ayeka is really Tenchi's aunt or something.

Tenchi isn't dead; that much is definite. But Ayeka's and Ryoko's reactions to thinking he had been killed are telling. Love triangle is official, but first on the agenda is to take out this Kagato douchebag.

Gbraga

Awwwww maaaaaaaaaan, Mikakunin was soooooo good! What a heartwarming show and finale, everything was just so adorable. Kobeni was kind of an idiot, but I can forgive her because she's so cute!

I wasn't even mad at the lack of Benio, that's how great this ending was, although that Benio gif moment will be forever in my mind. What a great anime, adorable characters, beautiful art and fantastic animation.

I still can't decide between this and Sakura Trick, but one of those two is definitely my anime of the season.

It's one of those animes you watch with a dumb smile on your face the whole time

Fly, little witch~

tumblr_n37d9zcAjR1sou6ywo1_500.gif

Now, when can I get my hands on that onsen OVA?

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 14

Oh man oh man oh man. We went from seedy, noir Space New York to Vietnam! I love you VOTOMS. I LOVE YOU.

And I gotta say, Coconna looks really nice in that dress, actually. Way better than the MC Hammer pants she wore last arc.

cajunator

Banned

Rurounizel is a huuuuuuuuge fan of it.

I need a season 3 of Spice and Wolf guys...

1130196605_ninja5_answer_3_xlarge.gif

we all need that.

Awwwww maaaaaaaaaan, Mikakunin was soooooo good! What a heartwarming show and finale, everything was just so adorable. Kobeni was kind of an idiot, but I can forgive her because she's so cute!

I wasn't even mad at the lack of Benio, that's how great this ending was, although that Benio gif moment will be forever in my mind. What a great anime, adorable characters, beautiful art and fantastic animation.

I still can't decide between this and Sakura Trick, but one of those two is definitely my anime of the season.

It's one of those animes you watch with a dumb smile on your face the whole time

Fly, little witch~

tumblr_n37d9zcAjR1sou6ywo1_500.gif

Now, when can I get my hands on that onsen OVA?

Yup. Show of the season. Out of nowhere.

Acosta

Log Horizon (ending)

That was...confusing?

Suddenly they introduce this Nureha from nowhere? and what's all that about her wanting Shiro and using her as an excuse?

I love the series, but it has been 25 episodes and I feel like it has been an introduction, which it's a bit puzzling.

Anyway, looking for S2, I'm sure the change from PVE to PVP will be interesting.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 09

Karatay episode! Most the karate stuff was alright (Hime and Megumi have no stamina), but I do appreciate finding out more about Iona. The opening shows she'll become friendly with the girls eventually, but right now her hate for Hime is overpowering everything else. The best part of the episode was when Yuyu/Honey showed up, with her magic microphone that makes even the MotW and General Koyasu get into the swing of things. It's super exploitable. Personally, I'd put a few K-ON songs in there, but I'm sure people will put in everything, up to and including Guren no Yumiya. I'm hyped for next week, not only because Honey makes her official debut, but also because it featured a shot of the Indian Cures.

So they're not just one-offs!

Gbraga

Yup. Show of the season. Out of nowhere.

It really was out of nowhere, if I recall correctly for me it was just a case of "oh, new anime on crunchyroll, let's give it a shot", and it was love at first episode.

The fact that at the same time I really want more but I know there shouldn't be any more already says a lot about how much I enjoyed it. A few OVAs are perfect for it, more cute situations with those cute characters, but not necessarily a sequel.

I hope Spring can deliver at least one adorable show. It seems pretty interesting on the stupid bullshit front, that new Bones show and JoJo will definitely deliver on that, but I'm not so sure about cute girls doing cute things.

Sekai Seifuku 12

That was a decent ending to the arc with some good fights.
Interesting that Goro got remarried
Now to America.

Mr.Jeff

Noragami - 01
Oh hey, that was pretty fun. Some great animation and a nice setup for the two main leads. Quite like the interactions between the two. Not quite sure where it's going but looking forward to more.

Well it's the official pairing and the one they've been pushing.

Either ways I'm pretty into GoSick right now, and the best character right now, besides Detective Dandy, is the teacher. The matchmaking one. Cecile. I like how she's always hitting Kujo with her arm like 'Ehhh? Ehhhh?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom