• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel pressured at all. Cajun's like, still on the first season of FMP from the deal I made with him. I just kinda have too much free time this semester.

I won't rush. I like to marathon and enjoy my anime though. ;)

But I know I don't particularly like waiting for people to finish a particular anime. (Because I do like hearing, good or bad, what they thought about my recommendation)
So I always feel an obligation to start an anime if someone starts themselves. It feels respectful in my own weird way. I know I am crazy.

Okay you know what? I'm gonna watch G Gundam alongside Gundam X. I originally planned to watch it after I finished it, but I've been itching for some more Super Robot action, and I think the experience would be better to join PshycoNinja in watching it as well (much like Corvo did with Kirb in watching Princess Tutu.) So I think I'll start that after I finish Macross DYRL.

Yay!! A viewing buddy. Sorry about making another bet dude... I still promise to start your anime after I finish Haibane Renmei. I promised you that and I will keep that promise. :)

Silver Spoon S2 8-9

This series sure got depressing all of a sudden. :(

And for all that firehawk complains about Hachiken and Mikage's relationship going nowhere, the way that Hachiken came alongside Mikage in her struggles shows more genuine relationship progress than practically all romance anime/manga I've experienced. You don't have to make out to grow closer to each other.

cnet128

Banned
My doomed quest to catch up with all the season finales I'm behind on continues.

Kill la Kill 24 END

Yep, that was a suitably epic finale all right. Loved
Mako's TEAR CANNONS over dying-but-not-really Gamagoori
. Loved
Ryuuko's final form, and even more the way it conveniently left every single character stark naked
XD Loved
the scissorblade finally being united in all its glory (even if it then proved to be completely useless xp)
. Loved
the whole Senketsu-absorbing-Life-Fibers thing finally coming back into play in a big way - Ryuuko stealing Ragyou's ability and commanding all the Life Fibers in the world to let the humans go was a massive fuck-yeah moment
. And I loved
how the series conclusion tied neatly into the visuals from the first ED

At the end of the day, I don't think Kill la Kill quite lived up to the hype that surrounded it before it started. It wasn't as good as Gurren Lagann, both due to not having anywhere near the animation budget to pull off the same kind of spectacular visuals, and due to not achieving the same level of excellence in pacing and perfectly-conceived themes. But it was a wild ride with tons of energy, loads of super fun and memorable characters, a unique combination of crazy action and delicious lewdness, and was generally just really great to watch episode-to-episode.

It may not be a masterpiece, but it's still up there. Good stuff.

sonicmj1

Clannad 1

I-it felt like a set up to a bad ero game. Like, I want to say the only more cliche high school anime opening I've seen is Hyouka, but with the School Days faces it sort of kind of felt like I should expect someone to get knifed down the line. I guess Cockroach and Super Hero are sorta interesting.

Oh well, lot's of shows have first episodes that are a bit slow.

A Wikipedia search tells me that Clannad was Key's first visual novel to not originally include sex scenes.

My doomed quest to catch up with all the season finales I'm behind on continues.

Kill la Kill 24 END

*snip*

Basically my opinion of the show too. I can't say it wasn't a fun ride.

The loli from Gosick has the singing voice of an angel. And by angel I mean an angel with a throat disease.

Hahaha. Someone keeps pressuring me to watch this show and I am always like "yeah.... I'll get to that.... someday.... maybe..."

fertygo

Hajime no Ippo : Rising - 25

y2tL8vD.jpg

Another sport show finale that fucking deliver

This arc is something that I would recommend to everyone, even if they not watching any of Hajime no Ippo before.

This is AOTY material, the high detailed art and lighting design.. award worthy voice acting, shit I'd think even firehawk will love the story.. just simply outstanding.

Who'd thought this season that have pretty questionable directing and bad OST will deliver the strongest content that the show ever put? I know the source material is that good from the manga, but the anime team really working their ass off this arc adaptation, the difference level of effort is glaring.

Best arc and episode so far for this year.

Yay!! A viewing buddy. Sorry about making another bet dude... I still promise to start your anime after I finish Haibane Renmei. I promised you that and I will keep that promise. :)

I remember I recommended both Madoka and Gurren Lagann. Were you watching both or just one of those? Cause if I had to choose one it would be Gurren Lagann. Just checking.

But other than that, lol don't worry. I knew you'd keep that promise and I'm still looking forward to your impressions. And quite frankly I wanted Corvo to see Clannad as well, so that's always a plus.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man some hate for anime is obsessive. I didn't like Tatami Galaxy and thought it was mostly a waste of time but I don't dissuade people from watching it every time it's brought up because who knows... that other person may like it.

I appreciate your opinion and am sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. This, however, doesn't mean Corvo won't like it.

The "I am watching Gundam G for the right reasons" doesn't matter. I know it was a joke but that comment hit a nerve. What's wrong with two people agreeing to watch each others recommended anime? He recommended one of his favorite and I did mine. It's not like we are trying to make each other suffer through something.
Well, when you consider how many shows there are to watch, and how limited the time people have in watching through them, you need to set priorities. Making somebody sit through pure shit like, say, Rosario+Vampire when they could be watching something half-decent is just wrong.

World conquest - 12
i'm legit surprised ... i'm conquered and please do the sequel
in the USA
Sekai%20Seifuku%20-%20Bouryaku%20no%20Zvezda%20-%2012.jpg

and she has a license !

This finale had everything ..stupid twist , not even once they took themselves seriously resulting in a satisfying ending begging for more just like the rest of this anime ..in that sense World conquest managed to hit all the right notes and i can say that i watched all 12 episode while having fun

Trully this finale had everything i wanted + more.

May the light of Zvezda shine throught this world !

Blu-ray to get... someone better localise this.
i'm not even sure that i understood everything that happenned in this last ep .

I remember I recommended both Madoka and Gurren Lagann. Were you watching both or just one of those? Cause if I had to choose one it would be Gurren Lagann. Just checking.

But other than that, lol don't worry. I knew you'd keep that promise and I'm still looking forward to your impressions. And quite frankly I wanted Corvo to see Clannad as well, so that's always a plus.

Actually I planned to get to all of your list at some point. You've been very nice to me so I figure the least I can do is watch some of your favorites. Hopefully I won't let you down. ;)

And my plan from the start was to get most of AnimeGAF to watch Clannad + After Story and hoped that most would like it. So far most do once they get to After Story. So my plan for world dominatio--- ahem I mean to get people to watch Clannad is going pretty well. ;D

cnet128

Banned
pupa 12 END

*blink*

Well, I guess the series went out on a high note...

I don't even know how to react to that.
Other than D'AWWWWWWWWW =D

Well, when you consider how many shows there are to watch, and how limited the time people have in watching through them, you need to set priorities. Making somebody sit through pure shit like, say, Rosario+Vampire when they could be watching something half-decent is just wrong.

This is why I don't do watchbets anymore. Not worth the effort.

Lol, you're still hung up on that?

I thought that show was decent. Not fantastic but not "go die in a fire" bad.

Soma

it'd be nice to see watchbets consist of watching a good show for a good show

but i guess that takes the "fun" out of it.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 14

ihoMlVsOluY6Y.jpg

This was a sweet episode, with Ryuji's mom (of all people) bringing the feels. Although I am feeling a bit of apprehension about
Kitamura and Miss President

Also, Yuri-sensei is best girl.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lol, you're still hung up on that?

I thought that show was decent. Not fantastic but not "go die in a fire" bad.
Sure, it was decent, if you don't demand to be treated like an intelligent human being, don't care about character depth or even anything resembling a believable relationship, and are willing to put up with pretty much the most banal and mindnumbing bullshit just as long as you get flashed pantyshots on a regular basis. There's also something especially insulting about a show that thinks it has to explain a vampire transformation every single episode and then the only thing that happens is that somebody gets kicked hard.

Still hung up on? It's called having a memory.

it'd be nice to see watchbets consist of watching a good show for a good show

but i guess that takes the "fun" out of it.

I hope that first sentence reflects Corvo and my watch bet.

Like I said before I think recommending an anime that will make watching a chore is no fun. At least for me. I legit like Clannad to death. I can say it's one of my favorites.

But I do watch bets so that I give anime I get recommended and I recommend a fair shake.

Actually I planned to get to all of your list at some point. You've been very nice to me so I figure the least I can do is watch some of your favorites. Hopefully I won't let you down. ;)

And my plan from the start was to get most of AnimeGAF to watch Clannad + After Story and hoped that most would like it. So far most do once they get to After Story. So my plan for world dominatio--- ahem I mean to get people to watch Clannad is going pretty well. ;D

Oh really? Well in that case I'd recommend watching Madoka first, then Gurren Lagann. Why? Eh....you'll find out later. It's how it went for me, and I'm really glad I watched it in that order.

Damn Gosick is covering a topic I'd never thought I would see in anime. Sex trafficking/slavery.

I can only imagine Taken....

thuaXZP.jpg

Listen to me. I'm a senpai with a very particular set of skills.

I don't know who you are. But I will find you. And I will kill you, kawaii desu-ne ^_^

Nafe

The loli from Gosick has the singing voice of an angel. And by angel I mean an angel with a throat disease.

Victorique is voiced by Aoi Yuuki, who most people are probably more familiar with voicing Madoka in Madoka Magica. She's also doing the voice of Kirara in Gundam Build Fighters right now.

Haha, from what I can remember her singing is more of a joke. Her actual singing is a bit better and she's actually the one singing the ending song to World Conquest Zvezda.(With Mayaa Sakamoto doing the opening)

Sure, it was decent, if you don't demand to be treated like an intelligent human being, don't care about character depth or even anything resembling a believable relationship, and are willing to put up with pretty much the most banal and mindnumbing bullshit just as long as you get flashed pantyshots on a regular basis. There's also something especially insulting about a show that thinks it has to explain a vampire transformation every single episode and then the only thing that happens is that somebody gets kicked hard.

Still hung up on? It's called having a memory.

Sounds like Kill la Kill. :p

And after watching Excel Saga.... I learned to be appreciative of a lot of anime. I am still pretty critical. I give Rosario like a 5 or 6/10 because I laughed a few times and it actually got exciting at the end.

Like I said it's not the greatest. I guess average is best word for that show.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster Episode 47 (BD)
Bj8FGI4CYAA5D_o.png

Visually they still made a few baffling choices to remaster some scenes on the BD, like a few scenes when they were just showing the cabin area and nothing happened was redone which was pointless.
though fortunately they did do a good job with the one when Azrael and Natarle was left there :(
. But I loved the above moment with one of the Gundams.

Sadly this episode was just too brutal and too emotional. I had to pause quite a few times
for Shani was defeated so unfairly and died by Yzak I think. I thought he would stick around with Clotho and co into the next Seed Destiny. Clotho is still around fortunately but hes like the last remaining fighter from that ship. Perhaps he can escape defeat by calming down and going with Athrun or so. Athrun couldnt kill him I hope.

Most saddening was the Natarle moments because she really did a good job becoming a captain this whole way and then having to deal with Azrael the whole time. To be called names, slapped, and then shot is a horrific way to die but at least through the end she still thought of the safety of her crew and even the right ideals. Most memorable femChar death award is due to her.

Gundam Seed HD is still a strong entry in the gundams for me, and is going to have a pretty glorious finale. I love their ideology moments this episode, it makes everything feel more grande and intellectually stimulating, and complements all the fancy flashing fighting.

cajunator

Banned
Nisekoi - 12

In a perfect world
the promise that Chitoge remembers is the one she actually made with Onodera, instead of Raku.

WHAT A TWIST

hnnnngh. Shaft has perfected blushing technology.

Hey is their a little bit of romance in Full Metal Panic, just wanting to know.

yeah one of the most awkward romances ever.

I won't rush. I like to marathon and enjoy my anime though. ;)

But I know I don't particularly like waiting for people to finish a particular anime. (Because I do like hearing, good or bad, what they thought about my recommendation)
So I always feel an obligation to start an anime if someone starts themselves. It feels respectful in my own weird way. I know I am crazy.

dont feel pressured into watching anything. Take your time and enjoy what you watch. Youre under no obligation to finish anything or watch any particular show you dont want to.

Full Moon o sagashite comes to mind..

I'm pretty sure that's what my Strike Witches watchbets did!

I fully believe in the humikane revolution thanks to you.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sounds like Kill la Kill. :p

And after watching Excel Saga.... I learned to be appreciative of a lot of anime. I am still pretty critical. I give Rosario like a 5 or 6/10 because I laughed a few times and it actually got exciting at the end.

Like I said it's not the greatest. I guess average is best word for that show.
After you watch enough anime you get a better appreciation for which shows actually attempt to achieve something, even a modest amount, and you lose patience with those that clearly aren't even trying. Average would only be the best word if it actually falls into the middle rather than under 90+% of shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom