• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Here they are:

Trust me, this is one show you should NOT judge by its looks.

I mean, neither was Higurashi so you have a point.

Be careful what you wish for when recommending things to Corvo.

You just might get it.

I didn't actually ask for this.

This was a show where at first I didn't want to watch it because of the art style and moe-ness. But once I actually watched it I loved the art style. It gets even better in After Story.

Well, if you say so . . .

I didn't like the first Clannad at all, but After Story is really good definitely. It's just kind of a shame it's such a slog to get to the best bits.

That being said, I don't know if it's really Corvo's kind of thing?

Even I don't know what's my kind of thing. I mean how do I love FMP but dislike 00? They're super similar. Rah Xephon is apparently fairly popular but I still didn't like that. Hyouka bored me to quitting it. Attack on Titan was something I loved and then didn't.

The only universal is that no matter what I DO wind up liking, there will always be someone to say it's shit.

I mean, neither was Higurashi so you have a point.

I didn't actually ask for this.

Well, if you say so . . .

Even I don't know what's my kind of thing. I mean how do I love FMP but dislike 00? They're super similar. Rah Xephon is apparently fairly popular but I still didn't like that. Hyouka bored me to quitting it. Attack on Titan was something I loved and then didn't.

The only universal is that no matter what I DO wind up liking, there will always be someone to say it's shit.

How about this man. You watch Clannad and After Story and I'll watch any one anime you recommend. You can go Gundum crazy since I've only watched Wing before.

jman2050

Corvo can watch Clannad+AS and Toradora in tandem to get the full brunt of AnimeGAF's two most prominent romcom nagging fanbases.

CorvoSol

How about this man. You watch Clannad and After Story and I'll watch any one anime you recommend. You can go Gundum crazy since I've only watched Wing before.

I might take you up on that. The more people I can get to watch G Gundam the better.

Zeta Gundam 18

So, on the one hand, this is actually another great episode. There's something about Hong Kong where, when Mecha anime goes there, it gets great. Like the finale of FMP TSR takes place in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong arc of G Gundam is splendid and this is actually a fairly strong arc here, too. Kamille does some growing up, Amuro doesn't behave like a lazy coward, and it has Mirai and Four going on. And Four actually behaves a good deal like a teenage girl most of the time.

Two complaints, though: 1) I'm kinda pissed that they refer to Mirai as the wife of White Base Captain Bright Noa. Like, are we forgetting that Mirai was the HELMSWOMAN OF THE WHITE BASE? Like, girl is hardly JUST Bright's wife. She was a key player aboard the White Base and when Bright couldn't do his job Mirai's the one who stepped up to the plate. She and Sayla were the women who kept that boat floating alongside Bright and Ryu.

2) Beltorchika is the BIGGEST BITCH EVER. Like, what kind of moron does she have to be? "These people are neither AEUG nor Karaba, why are you going to such lengths to help them?" HELLO? Maybe because Mirai is a dear friend of Amuro's who went through the One Year War with him and forged familial bonds that some dippy newcomer like you who has wormed her way into this show despite all good reasons could not ever possibly understand? Then she picks a fight with Kamille for following them when Kamille was ORDERED TO DO SO and he points out "If Amuro leaves without telling anyone, it causes huge problems. Especially if he's with YOU."

Man I hate you Beltorchika.

Corvo I already have G Gundam in my list, but for all the right reasons, not because of a bet.

As to Clannad+AS, It's a good show... for the specific amount of arcs that are decent. So many arcs are crap that at the end of the day only about 1/2 of the total episodes are good (so around 12-13 episodes). You've been warned. Get ready to hate that star fish girl. Lord knows I did. Except when she danced thriller.

Baby Steps OP (song and anime)
Baby Steps ED

Looks fairly unexciting but Ill probably still watch, need some tennis action.

I was planning on reading the manga, maybe I'll just watch the show instead. Until it inevitably ends and then I gotta continue in the manga

Jex

It's funny, because while Aria is my favourite anime but I don't know who I would recommend it to nowadays. There really isn't much of a comparable, because it does something that is so uniquely special that it carves its own niche.

Certainly it's the one that stands out in that list, for example. lol

It's certainly true that Aria's unique approach is still inspiring people around the world:

arialwj5b.png

Art?

Corvo I already have G Gundam in my list, but for all the right reasons, not because of a bet.

As to Clannad+AS, It's a good show... for the specific amount of arcs that are decent. So many arcs are crap that at the end of the day only about 1/2 of the total episodes are good (so around 12-13 episodes). You've been warned. Get ready to hate that star fish girl. Lord knows I did. Except when she danced thriller.

I was planning on reading the manga, maybe I'll just watch the show instead. Until it inevitably ends and then I gotta continue in the manga

Man some hate for anime is obsessive. I didn't like Tatami Galaxy and thought it was mostly a waste of time but I don't dissuade people from watching it every time it's brought up because who knows... that other person may like it.

I appreciate your opinion and am sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. This, however, doesn't mean Corvo won't like it.

The "I am watching Gundam G for the right reasons" doesn't matter. I know it was a joke but that comment hit a nerve. What's wrong with two people agreeing to watch each others recommended anime? He recommended one of his favorite and I did mine. It's not like we are trying to make each other suffer through something.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fatalpulse did an Aria doujin?! Ooooooh man...

Edit: Nevermind, not fatalpulse I guess.

=================================

Samurai Flamenco - 22 [END]

This show just spiraled out of control with where it wanted to go. We started with
petty crimes, to MOTW, which then escalated full on Sentai status, which then escalated to dealing with fucking aliens, before wrapping it up with some crazy ass middle schooler who has nothing better to do with his life.
Not to mention the weird as fuck drama of
Goto sending himself fake emails posing as his dead girlfriend in an attempt to escape realtiy.
This shit was just too much to deal with.Thanks for the yuri, but those moments were few and far between to a degree that I can't see myself recommending this show for the sake of it.

cnet128

Banned

Fuuko's arc is the best part of the original series though. It's the Kotomi arc that was lacklustre as fuck.

Fuuko's arc is the best part of the original series though. It's the Kotomi arc that was lacklustre as fuck.

I actually thought the Furukawa arc was the best arc of the original Clannad. People either love or hate the Fuko arc. And the Kotomi arc is usually not liked. I liked the last episode of that arc. But the rest was so-so. It moved the story along.

Lurky

Loliconquest Fin

Well that might have been the best show this season. Although, I didn't like some of the things that they did in the end. Seriously they should have just
gotten rid of Yasu.
I mean he is
bound to betray them again.
And I also didn't get to see
Miki getting her ass kicked
so that's kind of a disappointment. =[
On another note, Goro is such a badass. Seriously he
married both sisters?
That awesome bastard!

Mature

I kept reading Aria and was thinking Iria— it confused me greatly.

Now there's a show that could do with more recommendations. Though, admittedly, I haven't seen it in a very long time.

Oh sure, I'll give it a whirl, I guess.

Cool.

There will be moments where it feels sluggish. Give it time. After Story makes any problems you have in the original worth it. Stick with it.

And if you can watch the dub. I personally liked the dub so much more than the sub. It's still great either way.

cajunator

Banned
I remember when Netflix was swamped with anime. What happened with that?

Licensing sucks.

30 anime DVDs for $24.99, Mystery Box

Anyone brave enough to give it a try?

I probably own the complete versions of half of them. This is like FYE doing anime clearance of old single discs.

They should kill off Onodera.

:(
Why do you injure me so?

Kill off both? Wouldn't be much of a show then, would it.

It would open the Tsugumi path though...

EDIT: Yesss I was waiting for this end card

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH

Samurai Flamenco - 12-16

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!

Oh my god this scene was fantastic.
Regardless of the fact that Mari just barfed 5 minutes prior, Moe was still cool with tasting Mari's lips!!
Now THAT'S love! I loved how Mari tried to pull a Madoka by calling Mizuki over to join in on their "reunion" too. So alpha!

I'm sorry man! But Onodera da besssss!

I really need to get back to this. It seems special.

THE iDOLM@STER 04

For a Takane episode it was actually Chihaya that stole the show this time. I can't stand to see her sad though. She just wants to sing and that sleazeball director/camera crew kinda made me mad. Also Aoi Tori <3 I must admit that me watching episode 26 early made this song more important than it normally would be. Though it's an awesome song and Chihaya has a great voice. Autotuned in this case or not.
This episode of course featured no Makoto which is normally bad but it did help me keep my screenshot count relatively low. Which is good. The next episode preview slayed me.

Takane's voice can light the heavens.

Sorry to do this. I'm sure you guys get this a lot, but now that Kill la Kill is over, I'm looking for something new to watch. Shows and movies that I've enjoyed: Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Naruto (before the filler), Shinsekai Yori, Macross Plus, Macross Zero, Macross Frontier, Moyoshimon, Bartender, Millennium Actress, Wolf Children, Princess Mononoke. You can recommend anything from the last ten years. You're welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Id say Kino's Journey...however...Zach pretty much listed everything I was going to suggest because he is wise.

Like how in Yami when Hazumi was willing to strangle Eve to death because if she couldn't live with her then she was better off murdering her because they couldn't be together but they could but they couldn't and that's just true love for you

Our family lost three people due to this exact method of thinking.

Midonin

Tesagure! Bukatsumono Encore 12 + Final Thoughts On Both Seasons

So we end with a flashback. Though it was never picked up like gdgd or STRA, this was an enjoyable little series. Like sitting in on one of those radio shows. The ideas from improv can get pretty out there at times, but just sitting in for 10 minutes and seeing the VAs having fun with it was an upside of my Saturdays. Plus, I hope Karin Ogino goes on to have a nice voice acting career.

cnet128

Banned
Oh really? Never seen someone outright dislike the dub. Like I said I personally liked it more but can see why some might not like it. I just thought Nagisa and Tomoya were done a lot better in their English counterparts then in their Japanese ones. And seeing as how the both of them talk the most...

To be fair, I hate almost all dubs.

…I won't hear any slights on Tomoya and Nagisa's JP voices, though. They're perfect.

I actually thought the Furukawa arc was the best arc of the original Clannad. People either love or hate the Fuko arc. And the Kotomi arc is usually not liked. I liked the last episode of that arc. But the rest was so-so. It moved the story along.

I liked the Fuko arc, but not what they did with the character in the rest of the first season.

I like Kotomi as a character. The violin parts were funny, but the comedian parts weren't.

To be fair, I hate almost all dubs.

…I won't hear any slights on Tomoya and Nagisa's JP voices, though. They're perfect.

Heh. I thought JP and EN Tomoya were done great. JP Nagisa is high pitched and made the character really moe. Luci pulled that back a little with her Nagisa and personally made me like her more. Not as high pitched and just perfect for that character.

Link Man

Banned
Yami 11

More bondage, now with vines!

Oh wait, this is Hazuki. Of course nothing can touch her.

Hazuki asks Lilith where she went, and Lilith answers, "Hi!" Typical Lilith.

Oh hey, this is like Gravity. Shoutout to Firehawk!

Ah, she was saved by that boy. Who immediately proposes to her. wat.

So, did that sci-fi story have any impact on the plot at all?

And now the goblins are violating Princess Mariel's personal space. Classy. Cue same stupid joke from last episode.

Ah, so the fox girl was a creation of foxy lady. Good to know.

Man, Gargantua cannot move without dancing. Is this supposed to be a parody of something?

Lilith sees Hazuki unconscious, and her mind goes dirty places. Of course.

Suddenly Eve?

Mai Waifu!

FOXY LADY REMOVES THE HAT! SHOCK!

:O

cajunator

Banned
duckroll, or any other fans of Yuyushiki, have you seen these?

I'm not on twitter but I found out the Yuyushiki website put up apparently 327 twitter avatars/icons, certainly no lack of choice, if you're interested.

Daww cute. Ill download them all.

I really enjoyed Zvezda. The last episode was pretty freaking good.

I hope there is going to be a season 2. America would be pretty sweet.

you have an awesome avatar.
World conquest probably wont see the light of day again :(

Panty & Stocking
Shin Mazinger Z

right for the throat.

That's why BGBW went to Japan. Cheaper to just pick them up himself than having 400 BDs shipped

At least they released a DVD over here. I shoulda bought more copies.

This is what happens when these is no new anime to watch.

Theres tons of old anime to rewatch though.

Cockroach antennae

the best antennae.

It's certainly true that Aria's unique approach is still inspiring people around the world:

arialwj5b.png

Art?

This infuriates me. I am legit pissed off that this exists.

I kept reading Aria and was thinking Iria— it confused me greatly.

Now there's a show that could do with more recommendations. Though, admittedly, I haven't seen it in a very long time.

I would second that suggestion of Iria. or Aria. or both.

Dammit Cajun, you always make me feel insensitive for saying stuff!

Sorries. I just woke up a little while ago and that made me remember bad things.

Heh. I thought JP and EN Tomoya were done great. JP Nagisa is high pitched and made the character really moe. Luci pulled that back a little with her Nagisa and personally made me like her more. Not as high pitched and just perfect for that character.

The voice actors who voice Nagisa and Tomoya also voice Gray and Juvia in Fairy Tail. The only difference there is that the love between Gray and Juvia is very one-sided.

Probably doesn't mean much to any of you, but this blew my freaking mind when I first found this out and I wanted to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom