• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anohana is a show you need to sandwich between buttcheeks, because it comes out like poo.

Zvezda 12 CONQUERED

I quite enjoyed the show.
Kate's adorable and the rest were great in their own special way.
Nice to end while possibly teasing for another season. Just weird that everything was more or less back to normal.

NISEKOI - 12

you're not fooling me , nisekoi ! After
breaking the key & the pendant
now you're on the verge of finding a photo ?
i'm not buying it !! this is a ruse ! the photo is going to be blurry or something or worst , it could be even another girl ! tis cliffanger is way too obvious ... IT'S A TRAP

LDOUmq2.jpg

Well thanks a lot Gosick. I didn't realize I was watching 5 Centimeters per Second.

Jesus fuck this ruined my night.

Hajime no Ippo Kamogawa arc is the only romance anime that you need.

I still need to watch this. After Gosick I'll most likely watch G Gundam then get started with Hajime alongside another anime

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 24 END

That was great. 2D-kun is great. Kouko is great. Linda is great. Banri is great. Chinami is great. Everyone is great. This show is great.

I've typed great too many times and now the word great is losing all meaning. Great.

Mr.Jeff

it'd be nice to see watchbets consist of watching a good show for a good show

but i guess that takes the "fun" out of it.
I've been watching bad shows to make other people watch good shows! Except with the latest one. Theonik watching Kanokon is probably punishment.

I find amusing that Corvo has become the defacto guinea pig for making to watch new series. Shame most of them are either in the "bad" or "bad but uniquely enjoyable" but there are the occasional high spots like Kino.

Cwarrior

It absolutely does. 734 episodes have aired. Which is why I only recommend it to crazy people and mystery nuts. I don't actually expect anyone to pick it up, but it's fun to prod nonetheless.

I want to watch it but am afraid of the romance sub plot, am not sure how man seconds are spent on it, if it wasn't for that I would started a long time ago.I read some random manga chapters on a few cases and was very impressed by the mangka work.

Kill la Kill Episode 24

Did the thing I hate most for ending action series.
when things go to space then there are clearly significant problems in the base writing department. First it was fighting at school which was decent but then the brief intermission and then space was odd. It felt as if there needed to be a bit more time or an additional episode to carry us from point A to point E like that. Too fast and too rushed.
. Pretty boring ending at the end of the day.

Largely Kill la Kill just failed to take off in any department that didnt involve clothes. Sure the nekkid was great for characters like Uzu and such but after a few episodes the anime needed to have a bit more and it just never provided anything to me. There was nothing done to connect me to the characters in the lead role and just really unappealing and uninteresting moments involving the plot and concept. 2 / 10 for Mataro and his wonderful performance all the time and for Uzu. Bonus points to ED 2, it was kind of memorable.

Link Man

Banned
Yami 12

Now Eve has the hat. And for some reason, all of Lilth's clothes. why

And now she's...changing Gargantua's past?

Oh, I see. She's shipping Gargantua and Ritsuko. Eve writes fanfiction.

You know, this might actually be a touching scene if I cared about the characters. Or the plot. Or the storytelling. Or the art. Or the soundtrack.

Hatsumi reveals the real "her" to Hazuki. Of course, she's naked.

Hazuki loves Hatsumi so much, she'd rather kill her than live without her. So pure.

Eve tells Hazuki that they will see each other again. And that she'll be Hazuki's child. wat.

Gotta be weird for your child to be the reincarnation of the sister you loved and masturbated to. And who then abandoned you not once, but twice, the second time stranding you in a Japanese manor floating in space, in a book.

It's the joke that never stops. Someone needs to loop Quile introducing herself, followed by the goblins falling through the door.

Suddenly Aya. And Foxy Lady wants his butt. And she's acting like a rapist. Stay classy, Yami.

And that's how we're ending the penultimate episode.

Branduil

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 21-23

Rest in peace Wham.
Man Cars is a real jerk.

The Garden of Sinners 3: Remaining Sense of Pain

Well that writing was just as ridiculous as ever(only Nasu could define MASSACRE as something distinctly different from murder), but at least it was entertaining with lots of stuff happening and a better antagonist than any of the previous films.

Shiki's character is different in every movie. And he power is completely absurd, LOL.

cnet128

Banned
Nourin 12 END

Fun final episode. Minori's imoutos continue to be adorable miracles.

Seriously though. Whose bright idea was it to invite Becky - yes, Becky - to a WEDDING?! As a bridesmaid, no less?! I'm frankly amazed that that didn't result in the entire farce of a ceremony being destroyed before it even started.

And no, Becky, opening your legs is not a valid element in a magical girl transformation sequence. Try again.

Mononoke

Banned
Toradora (or to some on here Toradorable) is a pretty great anime. I recommend it. I didn't like how it ended but after After Story most endings like that won't.

On that note Clannad + After Story is really great too! I highly recommend it.

And you won't regret it!

Unlike that list you were going through forever. So sorry.

Thanks, I'll check both them out. I was a bit weary about Clannad, because I heard the ending was mad depressing. I'm not against depressing endings per se, but I kind of get tired of it in Anime. I feel like so many of the Anime I've seen, always has a really sad ending (a lot of the hero sacrificing everything for everyone). Golden Time was kind of weird, because I did feel pretty depressed about the ending, but then I kind of didn't?
I didn't care who ended up with who really, so I wasn't invested on that level. But the way the story was told, it left me feeling sad (specifically how they wrapped up the story with his childhood friend). I guess the way the story was set up, it was always going to have ONE part of the story that would be sad though.

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 7

The harem is officially in full force. Episode was pretty hilarious for it. Ryoko and Ayeka researching his grandfather's shoujo manga to find ways to make him fall for them was great. Also I'm not sure if his grandfather is fucking with Tenchi or trying to get him as many girls as possible by giving Ryoko his blessing to marry him but also trying to pimp to to Minoshi, but either way it's funny

Lol at Minoshi destroying his house cause she's so ditzy she forgot how to land on Earth.

What's up with these freaky dreams Sasami has? The last one foresaw Kagato's appearance, so I guess that woman is the next opponent.

Gazoinks

Thanks, I'll check both them out. I was a bit weary about Clannad, because I heard the ending was mad depressing. I'm not against depressing endings per se, but I kind of get tired of it in Anime. I feel like so many of the Anime I've seen, always has a really sad ending (a lot of the hero sacrificing everything for everyone). Golden Time was kind of weird, because I did feel pretty depressed about the ending, but then I kind of didn't?
I didn't care who ended up with who really, so I wasn't invested on that level. But the way the story was told, it left me feeling sad (specifically how they wrapped up the story with his childhood friend). I guess the way the story was set up, it was always going to have ONE part of the story that would be sad though.

Clannad's ending isn't really depressing, but it does frustrate a lot of people. Can't say more than that! :p

Mononoke

Banned
Clannad's ending isn't really depressing, but it does frustrate a lot of people. Can't say more than that! :p

Oh no! Frustrating vs. depressing. I'm not sure which one I dislike more. Heh. Does After Story clear up any of that frustration? Or is it just an overall frustrating ending in general? Either way, I've heard enough good things about it, that I definitely plan to check it out regardless. It seems like one I can't ignore.

Gazoinks

Oh no! Frustrating vs. depressing. I'm not sure which one I dislike more. Heh. Does After Story clear up any of that frustration? Or is it just an overall frustrating ending in general? Either way, I've heard enough good things about it, that I definitely plan to check it out regardless. It seems like one I can't ignore.

Oh, I was talking about After Story. Clannad has a fairly neutral ending. I'd say it's worth a watch as a whole if you can stomach the not very interesting first season though. After Story gets really good.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh, I was talking about After Story. Clannad has a fairly neutral ending. I'd say it's worth a watch as a whole if you can stomach the not very interesting first season though. After Story gets really good.

Oops! For some reason I thought After Story was a movie after Clannad. Seems like I have this series all mixed around.

EDIT: But I have it all figured out. I think I'll watch Toradora first. Seems a little more lighter.

Mature

Mobile Police Patlabor - 37-47 [End]
tumblr_m6g88uaMmH1qfj842o1_500.png

I think as far as the mecha genre goes, you have the rambunctious and over the top antics seen in something like TTGL and on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, you have Patlabor. At the end of the day, my preferences lie in the latter.

For a finale, this seemed like it suited Patlabor well. It wasn't a long, melodramatic arc of life and death, but instead it was a coming to terms story for Noa. It was sweet, patient, and concise without being hammy and overstrung. Seeing these characters live their lives as officers was fun, but it was also considerably cathartic. I definitely felt like I cared for them the whole way through, probably because they're reasonably down to earth. Really looking forward to getting the OVAs and rewatching the movies. Can't wait. Don't know anything about The New Files though.

Oh and even though the DRM gave me a headache since I enjoy posting screenshots, the Blu-Rays looked great. One of my new favorite things is being able to see the dust on cels. I imagine you could probably see it in SD too, but I only just now noticed it in these BDs. Good stuff.

Like I said mature that's way past overwhelming. Doesn't it have like a crapload of episodes with no end in sight?

Yeah, Detective Conan has a lot of episodes.

But it sounds better if you think of it like this: You could watch a whole lot of mediocre 26 episode series that just leave you feeling regret, or you could watch one excellent show for 700+ episodes. Especially if you like mysteries, since Detective Conan makes up about 85% of the genre in anime.

I get how it's a big undertaking and a lot of people might not want to bother, but it really is an excellent title, and it's pretty well suited for light viewing now and then, given that marathoning it is a pretty big task.

Oops! For some reason I thought After Story was a movie after Clannad. Seems like I have this series all mixed around.

Well you seem to be into RomCom/ SoL/ Drama type shows so Clannad and After Story is right up your ally. I didn't find the ending frustrating personally. What I will say is Clannad is one of the few shows that wraps up pretty much every loose end by it's ending.

Just remember to watch the Kyoto Animation series and not the subpar movie. Both Clannad and Clannad After Story are about 24/25 episodes each.

I hope you enjoy! :D

And yes Toradora is a lot "lighter". So is Clannad most of the time. After Story is when things get real.

CorvoSol

Giant Robo 2

Goddamn, Mecha genre, what happened to you? I mean holy shit, the animation in this was fantastic. The direction and writing were glorious, but I mean seriously, there was just so much wonderful mechanical animation in this and I look at you now, Mecha, with your janky ass N64-to-early-PS2 era CG and I just don't know how you let yourself go. You still turn out some glorious Gundam programs, but outside that? My God what happened here?

You were so damn good.

Mature

Yeah, Detective Conan has a lot of episodes.

But it sounds better if you think of it like this: You could watch a whole lot of mediocre 26 episode series that just leave you feeling regret, or you could watch one excellent show for 700+ episodes. Especially if you like mysteries, since Detective Conan makes up about 85% of the genre in anime.

I get how it's a big undertaking and a lot of people might not want to bother, but it really is an excellent title, and it's pretty well suited for light viewing now and then, given that marathoning it is a pretty big task.
I've considered compiling a list of really great stand alone episodes that can be viewed with the most basic knowledge of the series. Something that can be viewed and enjoyed by itself, but also act as a gateway drug to seeing the rest of the series. Because you're right, it is an excellent series that gets brushed to the side by it's monolithic episode count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom