• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I saw I guess the official picture for Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
this one infact
mangaka-san_to_assistant-san_to.jpg
And got interested, thought it would be a simple love story or maybe about just the life of people working on manga, but then I read the description......to be honest it could still be like ServicexServant cept more lewd but who knows.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To those who have seen Maison Ikkoku I have a burning question that needs to be answered. Is it similar to the other works of the same author where it's a constant stream of tsundere will they/wont drama until the very end where they finally get together? Or do they get together at some point during the show?

Not that I mind THAT much if it's the former, I mean I'm used to it for anime, but it'd be nice to get a surprise from this author. I don't mind being spoiled a bit.
The story covers an entire courtship from introduction, belated admittance to college, awkward confession, rivalry (on both sides), to job hunting, to graduation, to marriage. Everything gets tied up neatly.

Also, Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura and much better than Ranma and Inu Yasha!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
straight males watching pandering superficial tripe like sakura trick instead of reading thoughtful works like honey & honey, ohana holoholo, and golondrina. smh

I've checked out Honey & Honey and Golondrina. Not caught up on them by any means but I started at least. -3-

Nourin 12

For a show I feel had multiple final episodes near the end, I lost all interest in it once it stopped being funny.

So yeah, found the middle episodes to be great and pretty much got boring near the end.

Nisekoi Episode 12
BkAzJocCEAAR7uG.png

Beginning was painful but Shu's, no Yuki Kaji, sold the episode and made it wonderful. His voice on the phone and then selling the photos, incredible. Photo scene though is one of the better moments for Nisekoi though.

Also those blush lines this episode, completely off their faces.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
straight males watching pandering superficial tripe like sakura trick instead of reading thoughtful works like honey & honey, ohana holoholo, and golondrina. smh

Chances of those works actually being adapted into anime form?

this one infact
And got interested, thought it would be a simple love story or maybe about just the life of people working on manga, but then I read the description......to be honest it could still be like ServicexServant cept more lewd but who knows.

From what I read of the manga it isn't like servant x service. In fact I have a feeling the anime will be one of those short anime episode shows, considering each chapter is only a couple of panels. I didn't get too far to see if it eventually turns into a good romance.

The story covers an entire courtship from introduction, belated admittance to college, awkward confession, rivalry (on both sides), to job hunting, to graduation, to marriage. Everything gets tied up neatly.

Also, Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura and much better than Ranma and Inu Yasha!

So basically I have a ride with this. I better finish up shorter shows before starting this though, seems all of the shows I'm holding off on until the summer are those 100+ episode shows.

cajunator

Banned
Is Blue Submarine No. 6 a pool episode?

****** girl so kawaii~

this one infact

those thigh highs...zettai rrrrrrrrryouiki

MAL doesn't have a 0 so your mean shouldn't be 5, but 5.5

Youll shatter his dreams :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
XD
I just woke up and that made me laugh so hard.
Thank you.

<3

That's a fair point
about her head butting him.
I just hated that THIS WAS the last scene we get with them. It just made me so angry. :( It made me feel like, there was no growth between them, and it all fell back to where they started. And given she wanted to "get stronger" (and granted, I get that had more to do with her family), I just thought it was bullshit that she runs out on him, then finally sees him and reverts back to IMO her weak self. I don't see her actions as being any stronger.

I just want to pop in here and say that I totally understand how you feel in regards to the whole feeling sad that you'll never see the characters again, etc. I felt that way for quite a while after finishing Toradora. Over a week, for sure. I could barely watch anything (all I watched for a good while afterwards was Morita-san wa Mukuchi, which is a short), just kinda felt...like you said, hollow. And I guess that yeah, in a way I was disappointed with the ending, but that's because I wanted to see the show end more like Golden Time ended, with
the lead couple happy together
. Toradora's ending, while unquestionably an ending, didn't feel..."final" enough for me. If that makes any sense.

But, there's two things you can do that will hopefully make you feel a bit better. One is watch the OVA episode. It's not the greatest thing ever, basically filler, but it's more time you get to spend with the characters. And two is you can check out the original light novel ending, which you might like a bit more. I'll summarize it for you:
Basically, instead of leaving Ryuuji for over a year like in the anime, Taiga only leaves for three months. Ryuuji then runs into her on the way to school after summer break ends. Taiga explains that she and her mother moved back to town and got a house near Ryuuji's, and her mother withdrew her transfer request so she could continue going to school with Ryuuji and everyone else. It ends with them walking to school together just like they'd done so many times before, but this time as a couple.
I honestly think it's a much, much better ending, even if it isn't THAT much different from what we got in the anime.

Oh, and you could also look at this picture from the Taiga ending of the Toradora PSP game, which I think most people consider canon.

Hope this helps! :D

this one infact

This is from the author of Doujin Work, so I would expect something a bit closer to that maybe. Still disappointed the Drama CD cast was replaced for the anime, but I do hope this gets licensed.

I find rating middling stuff really difficult. It isn't hard for me to quickly look at Kill la Kill and say yep 3/10 seems right, but stuff with a mix of good and bad like Star Driver is really hard to decide. I think I've defaulted to giving 7's as my average, which definitely feels wrong, but since I drop a lot of shows and nowadays I don't start most stuff I think is crap I guess it sort of balances out. And then theres the fact that I can go back and do "rebalancing" which I will admit I do on occasion, but that certainly feels like I'm gaming the system and being dishonest with myself, especially since things fade with time and it's hard to remember the good stuff a show did. Like I think I think I pretty much gave Dantalian no Shoka a 7/10 because I loved the OP, but now when I think back I ask myself if it was really that good, and whether that was truly the only good thing about the show.

Branduil

You ever look at your MAL and realize you've been using the IGN scale this whole time?

:(

This is a problem, but part of it is the self-selecting nature of watching and rating TV shows for pleasure; unlike a critic, you're not going to keep watching something you don't already enjoy unless you're a masochist. So the vast majority of people who watch any show enjoy it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You ever look at your MAL and realize you've been using the IGN scale this whole time?

:(
How I think about it, and since i don't really care to think about it too much I try to keep it simple:

A, which splits into 9 and 10
B, which splits into 7 and 8
C, which splits into 5 and 6
D, which splits into 3 and 4
F, which splits into 1 and 2

which corresponds to ANN's guide of:

10 - A Masterpiece, exquisite beyond words
9 - Excellent, should be in anyone's collection
8 - Very good, don't miss it
7 - Good, worth seeing
6 - Decent, I didn't lose my time
5 - So-so, it didn't really grab my attention
4 - Not really good, but not a total waste either
3 - Weak, I wish I'd done something better with my time
2 - Bad, really not recommended
1 - Awful, should be avoided at all costs
(0 - Worst ever)

Ah ah i do BOTH

there is no "better" yuri material , just yuri material !
ps : i don't consider honey & honey to be a masterpiece even if that was intresting

cnet128

Banned
There's 8 more episodes coming. Apparently they're DVD-only, but it seems as though CR is going to be streaming them.

I believe the TV airings in Japan are stopping at episode 13, but the web services that have been streaming the show (both in Japan and abroad) are carrying on to the full 21. Praise the internet and its flexible scheduling!

question for those who have seen the madoka movies , if i have seen the TV show , watching the third movie is fine , right ? or is there something in movie 1 or 2 that is required ?

Mr.Jeff

Noragami - 02-05
Still mostly a setup up of most of the cast and mechanics of the world but it doesn't feel wasteful. Perhaps this is due to it not really having a central core idea beyond temporary goals: Hiyori's problem and Yukine's adapting.
Still a very visually stimulating series though but it's also interesting to hear a variety in the music as well.
Miyukichi next ep. Her character's design though seems...uhh, excessive.

question for those who have seen the madoka movies , if i have seen the TV show , watching the third movie is fine , right ? or is there something in movie 1 or 2 that is required ?

You don't need to see anything from the first two movies.

But I wouldn't call watching the third movie 'fine'. It's more like a soul crushing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom