• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

I Can't Believe My Little Sister Is The Devil And Has Split Personality And My Parents Are Completely Ok With It!?

Does this kinda sound like the plot of Oreimo to anyone else?

The more you mention Magical Hell, the more I start imaging a series where the various devils of hell are actually magical girls.
Cure Lucifer!
Pretty Girl Beelzebub!
Sailor Baphomet!
i'd watch that
Well you'll either get GBF season 2 or you'll get an all new property featuring inexplicably angsty teenagers piloting robots for no reasons while the same stupid argument continues on between Earth vs the Colonies and/or humans versus newtypes.

Also, Happy Birthday Faridmon (19th)

I want GBF season 2 , there is so many subplot to explore , especially about reiji and i just want more sublime gundam fights

Log Horizon ~20

*insert very long post about how amazing this series is here*

*insert any number of worship gifs here in relationship to Shiroe*

*insert any number of blown away gifs here*

Log Horizon ~20

*insert very long post about how amazing this series is here*

*insert any number of worship gifs here in relationship to Shiroe*

*insert any number of blown away gifs here*

I think the goblin king arc was the high point of the series/1st season. I don't think this is one of those shows where a second season would get announced relatively quickly so I might continue via the light novels.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Basara almost ends up forming a dangerous servant and master contract with them, but due to an error, the contract becomes reversed, and Basara becomes the master instead.
Ugh. Could have been a good show.

Branduil

Challenge Accepted and Completed!

Anyways I hope that clears up things about my opinion and views on the show. If you would like to pick my brain about anything else on the show or my opinion on it dont be afraid to ask

-PshycoNinja

I read all of that and I still don't fully understand your opinion, to be honest, other than you wanted the story to do things it didn't.

Theonik

Man I feel bad for dropping Lovely Complex the first time. It definitely isn't standard shoujo, which I guess is why I was turned off early on in my anime-years since I was still interested in watching the more standard shows. But this show has stand-out written all over it. There's only two characters of the main cast I don't really care for. It's also a pretty realistic view of what it'd be like to try and date what is basically a friend you click with the most (aka a person of the opposite sex who you work with too well as friends).

I haven't finished yet. I think I have 5 episodes to go. Let's see if this quality keeps up until the end.

Jesus Christ Japan.

I know. I won't mind if the main character is a good gary stu instead of a bumbling idiot. But as of right now I'm pretty turned off. I didn't think covers could be too perverted, I was wrong.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah ruined by self-insert sillyness reap.

I mean surely the whole point of having a story about a relationship with a female devil is for it to be a femdom one which then eventually ends with both halves being on an equal level. It's extreme tsunderism. Now it's just lame everyday anime crap with a crap gimmick that will likely not mean much in the end.

I'm actually fine with it .
( it's one of those thing i need to start reading )

I think the goblin king arc was the high point of the series/1st season. I don't think this is one of those shows where a second season would get announced relatively quickly so I might continue via the light novels.

Not enough material for a S2 (yet) unless it'll be a 13ep season ( but if they do it'll end on the most horrible cliffanger EVER )

Theonik

None of you claimed sweater-puppy megane sensei? Y'all fucked up!
We wanted to leave a waifu for you too!

I mean surely the whole point of having a story about a relationship with a female devil is for it to be a femdom one which then eventually ends with both halves being on an equal level. It's extreme tsunderism. Now it's just lame everyday anime crap with a crap gimmick that will likely not mean much in the end.
Yeah fo real. There is like 0 point in all this as it stands.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
None of you claimed sweater-puppy megane sensei? Y'all fucked up!

You're all losers for claiming a waifu based on looks and for also flip flopping with seasonal waifus. If you're going to have one stick with that one.

Otherwise call me and I'll help you through the divorcu.

Yonafunu

You're all losers for claiming a waifu based on looks and for also flip flopping with seasonal waifus. If you're going to have one stick with that one.

you're just jealous the good ones are taken

Theonik

A proper waifulord has many waifus in their harem.

Not enough material for a S2 (yet) unless it'll be a 13ep season ( but if they do it'll end on the most horrible cliffanger EVER )

So basically I'd have to go the LN route. I don't mind. Seeing how the majority of the enjoyment is seeing Shiro doing anything, I'm sure I won't be bothered by the format.

ib1bHKcAHFlsHQ.png

SCHWING!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well we already have Nyarlathotep and Cthulhu as waifus, so The Devil is merely a more boring direction at this point

Yeah, but when you pop your clogs and have to ascend the great spiritual escalator they are not going to look kindly upon you when you proclaim your waifu is the Devil. You'll be sent to the pits below with Hitler and Nietzsche.

CorvoSol

Hey, even if you didn't especially enjoy the series, I'm glad you took the time to do it.

It wasn't terrible, I just wish I'd come to like the cast more, but then again, it seems to be a thing for OVAs to have casts who are more screwed up or flawed persons, so maybe I asked too much or for the wrong things. Beautifully animated, though.

Oh god please let it stop let it end (I can't deal with harem anime or episodes where two girls fight over a guy)

It wouldn't be so bad except Akatski and Minori are my two favorite characters in Log Horizon and while Akatski seems like the obvious front runner I really like how much Minori has grown and there really isn't any other guy in the plot currently for one of them to go after if they lose currently :(

jman2050

Reading PshycoNinja's impressions are painful because I don't want to reply and make fun of him, but it becomes more and more obvious as he progresses through the show that he's the sort of audience cultivated by modern TV and mainstream entertainment, wanting to be spoon fed stuff and actually desiring narratives which are formulaic so they can be figured out easily and all fit together to "make sense", and teased with cheap clues which come into play later so the viewer can feel smarter about "seeing it coming" and so on.

Whoops. I guess I insulted him after all. I guess that's what an entire generation of shitty TV and crappy videogames does to people. :(

I'm not sure why you made this post but it was quite an unintelligent response, which is unlike you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A proper waifulord has many waifus in their harem.

One Love! One Waifu!
Let's watch anime and feel all right.

EDIT: Maybe I should watch From the New World so I can then read PshycoNinja's impressions so I can then understand duckroll's grievances.

Cwarrior

Man I feel bad for dropping Lovely Complex the first time. It definitely isn't standard shoujo, which I guess is why I was turned off early on in my anime-years since I was still interested in watching the more standard shows. But this show has stand-out written all over it. There's only two characters of the main cast I don't really care for. It's also a pretty realistic view of what it'd be like to try and date what is basically a friend you click with the most (aka a person of the opposite sex who you work with too well as friends).

I haven't finished yet. I think I have 5 episodes to go. Let's see if this quality keeps up until the end.

I remember a few years ago when I checked out Lovely complex I was wondering why it reminded me so much of one piece like the facile expressions & joke reactions feeling like very early one piece especially in episode 1.

Turns out some of the core staff in lovely complex our One piece guys.the series director of one piece Kônosuke Uda is also the series director of lovely complex and the chief animation director for lovely complex is Hideaki MANIWA one of the animation directors for one piece.

Konosuke uda only directed the first episode but in that episode his teamed up with Hedeaki maniwa a very common team up in early one piece(1-220 ep that what i mean by early), which is why the first episode expression feel like it's straight of one piece.

Also the Main girl has the same Voice actor as Nami and Masayuki Fujita is another animation director who worked on one piece and lovely complex.

The more you mention Magical Hell, the more I start imaging a series where the various devils of hell are actually magical girls.
Cure Lucifer!
Pretty Girl Beelzebub!
Sailor Baphomet!

)

Someone fund this for my sake

With any luck I won't be watching any Magical Girl shows in April.

Well to be fair, it's more meant for me, since I've been away from the genre for a bit, outside of Doki/HapCha Precure.

Theonik

One Love! One Waifu!
Let's watch anime and feel all right.
Three waifus for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of /a/ where the Shadows lie.
One Waifu to rule them all, One Waifu to find them,
One Waifu to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of /a/ where the Shadows lie.

Link Man

Banned
Non Non Biyori 6

iMbG9XzUtZkb2.jpg

Fun episode, like how Renge actually acts like a little child in this series, rather than a precocious wonderkid. I also don't hate Hotaru as so many here seem to.

iXHKS3llhqhgO.jpg

:cajun

The only Magical Girl shows I watched and enjoyed all the way through are Nanoha(excluding Strikers) and Madoka.

I plan on watching the Sailor Moon reboot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom